Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter deserves all the stick in the world 17:06 - Dec 29 with 30770 views_

Once again, absolutely shocking team selection.

A one man wrecking ball.

Potter SORT IT OUT.....!!!

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:58 - Dec 29 with 1421 viewsmahoss

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:37 - Dec 29 by TailGunner

Graham Potter got it massively wrong today.

He put it right, but it was too late to take the 3 points, which even after the 1st half shambles, we deserved.

He holds his hands up.

He's tried to be too clever with the weak as Fosters squad he has.

If they don't back him, even modestly, we could well get sucked in to the fight.

If we do get sucked in, those crucifying him in the threads above, will ignore the real culprits as usual.
And the managerial merry-go-round will continue.

As will the downward spiral

THINK

I am thinking.
This guy hasn't got what we need in the long run,he won't get us back to the Prem.
He,ll be fine as a steady eddy type to keep us mid table etc but he's made too many errors this season and is making a rod for his own back.
I understand about the hand he has been dealt but we have thrown away so many points this year through poor decisions it's become laughable.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:59 - Dec 29 with 1414 viewsvalleyboy

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:45 - Dec 29 by TailGunner

We ain't relying on parachute payments this year though.
Sliced back past the bone, to the marrow
No different next year when the high earners have gone.

Isn’t the income from Sky next year down to £25 million

So are you saying that the Swans have cut back to compensate for £75 million from Sky

Are you going to tell me that Vickers-Carter had a good game today then????

I have said that Potter needs to be given time, but having seen that team sheet before the game, I just couldn’t believe in what I saw

A few more team sheets like that and I think he is toast
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:59 - Dec 29 with 1418 viewsjasper_T

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:48 - Dec 29 by 34dfgdf54

If we complete the cull of the high earners, surely next year the parachute payments can be used to help Potter strengthen? That’s why I think we can see what the future holds by what happens next summer.

Second year parachute payment is something like £15m less than the first (55%/40%/15% of last PL season income). Bony's wages are ~£8m gone. A few players on £2m contracts expiring... Whatever the situation is currently (profit/loss, who knows) we'll likely have a very similar amount of parachute money "available" to spend next season. There won't be a sudden surplus.

Spending will be dictated by revenue from player sales and the whims of the ownership.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:03 - Dec 29 with 1393 viewsLoyal

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:58 - Dec 29 by mahoss

I am thinking.
This guy hasn't got what we need in the long run,he won't get us back to the Prem.
He,ll be fine as a steady eddy type to keep us mid table etc but he's made too many errors this season and is making a rod for his own back.
I understand about the hand he has been dealt but we have thrown away so many points this year through poor decisions it's become laughable.

Our points thrown away have come from over thirty clear cut opportunities to score.
Created by the team potter put out, what do you want diving headers off him as well ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:11 - Dec 29 with 1373 viewsTailGunner

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:59 - Dec 29 by valleyboy

Isn’t the income from Sky next year down to £25 million

So are you saying that the Swans have cut back to compensate for £75 million from Sky

Are you going to tell me that Vickers-Carter had a good game today then????

I have said that Potter needs to be given time, but having seen that team sheet before the game, I just couldn’t believe in what I saw

A few more team sheets like that and I think he is toast

Couldn't really give a shite what you say. You don't pay to watch Swansea City so your opinion should be banned from this site.
You have no kin right to comment on us. You are not one of us.

We have no money
The American consortium have no money for us.

Potter is a young manager learning in the toughest league.
I knew it would only be a matter of weeks before you turned on him

Go to hell
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:13 - Dec 29 with 1366 viewsTailGunner

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:58 - Dec 29 by mahoss

I am thinking.

All you can think is the Prem?????
Open your eyes the ship has sailed, we've sold out to people giving us the least possible chance to return.

THINK
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:17 - Dec 29 with 1350 viewsmahoss

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:03 - Dec 29 by Loyal

Our points thrown away have come from over thirty clear cut opportunities to score.
Created by the team potter put out, what do you want diving headers off him as well ?

What I want is some common sense and not to see a team changed needlessly every week.
When people saw the team sheet today it was disbelief and it turned into a shambles,how many times has that been the case this season ?,where we have ripped it up at half time with subs ?
I've lost count.......
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:18 - Dec 29 with 1344 viewsbuilthjack

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:08 - Dec 29 by 34dfgdf54

F*cking right it would.

He f*cked up badly today, don’t know what was going through his head, but on the whole he’s been excellent. My biggest criticism of him today, is not his team, which was awful granted, but exposing Cian Harries like he did, he was well out of his depth and for a youngster that would’ve been an awful experience for him today.

Cian Harries is 22 in a few months. If he's not ready for mid table Championship now, he is unlikely to make it.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 21:27]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:23 - Dec 29 with 1326 viewsLoyal

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:17 - Dec 29 by mahoss

What I want is some common sense and not to see a team changed needlessly every week.
When people saw the team sheet today it was disbelief and it turned into a shambles,how many times has that been the case this season ?,where we have ripped it up at half time with subs ?
I've lost count.......

These are the cards mate, that's it, remember this is more than many expected.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:33 - Dec 29 with 1295 viewsUxbridge

We have an unbalanced squad lacking quality in many areas and lacking leadership. Potter's done well to get a tune at all given the hand he's been dealt. Clearly today his initial team selection jumped the wrong side of the genius/insanity line, but he's got us some decent results from doing similar unconventional things.

This season is all about stability. We needed to rediscover our footballing identity, needed to rebuild the squad from the ground up after years of mismanagement and neither of those things are quick. We also, above all else, need stability and to give someone the job for a period of time to bring in what we want without ripping it up and starting again, which is pretty much what we've done every December for the last few years ... and just look how that's gone.

Sacking him now would be utter madness IMO. He's made mistakes but he's also made excellent decisions. Get rid, and who do you replace him with? All you do is set things back a few months, possibly more. We're comfortably mid-table which, given what has gone before, is pretty good.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:34 - Dec 29 with 1285 viewsvalleyboy

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:11 - Dec 29 by TailGunner

Couldn't really give a shite what you say. You don't pay to watch Swansea City so your opinion should be banned from this site.
You have no kin right to comment on us. You are not one of us.

We have no money
The American consortium have no money for us.

Potter is a young manager learning in the toughest league.
I knew it would only be a matter of weeks before you turned on him

Go to hell

Must have hit some raw nerves with my posting

But there, the truth normally hurts the ones that don’t want to hear it
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:37 - Dec 29 with 1272 viewsbuilthjack

Potter deserve s a knighthood for the totally shit hand that he has been dealt by those greedy b@stards who sold their souls, and those weasels who have bought the club to take money out of. Scumbags all of them.
A lot on here have said that they don't want to go up next season. Then moan like fck when we are mid table. What do you want? If you want to go up then those tosses with the money need to give Potter enough to bring at least 4 of his own choice players in, and have a go from early January.
If he doesn't get money we will finish mid table.
If he isn't given money it will take a few seasons for Potter to get it right He will Get rid of the Jenkins signings and bargain basement buys that Jenkins made.
I could go on.
Who knows what pressure he is under to play some of those players, what's in their contracts etc.
I am sure he didn't sign up with the Swans to be dealt the hand he has.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:39 - Dec 29 with 1263 viewsTailGunner

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:34 - Dec 29 by valleyboy

Must have hit some raw nerves with my posting

But there, the truth normally hurts the ones that don’t want to hear it

You are poison.
Always have been.

Vickers did fine - not heard anyone call him out apart from you because this is what you do.

Build a house like the last time you turned your back on us.

STAY AWAY
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:39 - Dec 29 with 1261 viewsNeathJack

Well this thread succeeded in stopping anyone talking further about Jenkins' ridiculous programme notes.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:47 - Dec 29 with 1222 viewswaynekerr55

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:33 - Dec 29 by Uxbridge

We have an unbalanced squad lacking quality in many areas and lacking leadership. Potter's done well to get a tune at all given the hand he's been dealt. Clearly today his initial team selection jumped the wrong side of the genius/insanity line, but he's got us some decent results from doing similar unconventional things.

This season is all about stability. We needed to rediscover our footballing identity, needed to rebuild the squad from the ground up after years of mismanagement and neither of those things are quick. We also, above all else, need stability and to give someone the job for a period of time to bring in what we want without ripping it up and starting again, which is pretty much what we've done every December for the last few years ... and just look how that's gone.

Sacking him now would be utter madness IMO. He's made mistakes but he's also made excellent decisions. Get rid, and who do you replace him with? All you do is set things back a few months, possibly more. We're comfortably mid-table which, given what has gone before, is pretty good.

Well according to Gonzo we're going for promotion...or was this another document he signed off without reading? #genuinemistake

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:55 - Dec 29 with 1202 viewsfrancos16

Gentlemen I ask the question ‘ what did you really expect ?’ . A Board and self appointed DOF who have completely f##ked the business up for the last 4/5 years during which time they make a number of quite incredulous managerial appointments . After failing miserably to retain PL status they decide to parachute in a guy who managed in a Scandinavian league which is a million light years from Championship standard whilst at the same time decimating the playing squad of any real playing quality by having a fire sale on the last day of the transfer window ( without incidentally letting the newly installed manager know !!!! ) . As a general principle you ‘ reap what you sow in life ‘ so it should not come as a great surprise the complete disarray that presented itself in today’s first half . I regrettably concur that the first half performance is as poor as I have witnessed as a Swans supporter ...... do not underestimate how dire our situation is .... both on and off the field ......
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:59 - Dec 29 with 1179 viewsjasper_T

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:55 - Dec 29 by francos16

Gentlemen I ask the question ‘ what did you really expect ?’ . A Board and self appointed DOF who have completely f##ked the business up for the last 4/5 years during which time they make a number of quite incredulous managerial appointments . After failing miserably to retain PL status they decide to parachute in a guy who managed in a Scandinavian league which is a million light years from Championship standard whilst at the same time decimating the playing squad of any real playing quality by having a fire sale on the last day of the transfer window ( without incidentally letting the newly installed manager know !!!! ) . As a general principle you ‘ reap what you sow in life ‘ so it should not come as a great surprise the complete disarray that presented itself in today’s first half . I regrettably concur that the first half performance is as poor as I have witnessed as a Swans supporter ...... do not underestimate how dire our situation is .... both on and off the field ......

I expected Potter to put together an 11 out of the 18 he named today that would beat Wigan.

He waited until half time to do that. Poor management.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:00 - Dec 29 with 1173 viewsDrGonzo

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:48 - Dec 29 by Flashberryjack

FFS ...over reaction ?
We've just put out a team drawn out of a tombala machine, then just about managed to scrape a draw, at home against one of the worst teams in our league.

Yeah! over reaction by f*ck, I bet the captain of the Titanic said the same thing when the lookout shouted "iceberg ahead"

The manager is managing a squad that has been raped through a busy Christmas period. We came from 2 down to draw and nearly won playing well in the process.

Potter needs time and transfer window backing not bitch ass whingeing from the stands.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:01 - Dec 29 with 1172 viewsSwansea93

Potter needs to pick his strongest 11 and stop changing every game, ruining us with the constant changes.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:01 - Dec 29 with 1171 viewsUxbridge

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:47 - Dec 29 by waynekerr55

Well according to Gonzo we're going for promotion...or was this another document he signed off without reading? #genuinemistake

I didn't read it. I've no doubt it's the aim, but it'd be a bonus rather than the first priority, and not looking particularly likely.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:04 - Dec 29 with 1158 viewsjasper_T

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:00 - Dec 29 by DrGonzo

The manager is managing a squad that has been raped through a busy Christmas period. We came from 2 down to draw and nearly won playing well in the process.

Potter needs time and transfer window backing not bitch ass whingeing from the stands.

"Raped"? We're no worse off than most in the division. Probably better than average for long term injury losses.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:09 - Dec 29 with 1132 viewsvalleyboy

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:59 - Dec 29 by jasper_T

Second year parachute payment is something like £15m less than the first (55%/40%/15% of last PL season income). Bony's wages are ~£8m gone. A few players on £2m contracts expiring... Whatever the situation is currently (profit/loss, who knows) we'll likely have a very similar amount of parachute money "available" to spend next season. There won't be a sudden surplus.

Spending will be dictated by revenue from player sales and the whims of the ownership.

Bony’s wages £8 million??? That equates to nearly £154k per week

Bony is actually on £80k per week from Swansea

With a further £30 coming from Man City

That is nearl £4 million a year less than you stated
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:11 - Dec 29 with 1123 viewsTailGunner

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:04 - Dec 29 by jasper_T

"Raped"? We're no worse off than most in the division. Probably better than average for long term injury losses.

We were top 6 according to you not long ago

We are as weak as most predicted. And those who have stepped up the academy are doing their best but now starting to struggle.

You will of course reverse and blame the manager for all.

Beep beep beep
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:12 - Dec 29 with 1118 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:33 - Dec 29 by Uxbridge

"This season is all about stability. "

But that obviously does not apply to the Managers decisions does it?
They are anything but Stable.
We started with a certain bunch of players this season and apart from Olsson, who was in and out of the team, we have the same players available now.
So up until November the 10th we had Won 7, Drawn 5 and lost 6
Since then we have Won 2, Drawn 1 and lost 5.
So what has changed?
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:17 - Dec 29 with 1100 viewsRevJames

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:01 - Dec 29 by Uxbridge

I didn't read it. I've no doubt it's the aim, but it'd be a bonus rather than the first priority, and not looking particularly likely.

We won't be dining at the 'top table' for a good few years.

Far too many things wrong with the Club both on and off the field to even contemplate it.

#realitycheck
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024