Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter deserves all the stick in the world 17:06 - Dec 29 with 29094 views_

Once again, absolutely shocking team selection.

A one man wrecking ball.

Potter SORT IT OUT.....!!!

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:18 - Dec 29 with 1696 viewsWarwickHunt

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:15 - Dec 29 by monmouth

I'm trying not to over-react, as who the hell except our manager could not see the starting line up was just laughable?

BUT...his job this season is stabilising a club that is definitely on a knife edge, on the pitch, in the stands and in the boardroom (not just the parasitic c*nts that should be long gone, but where the f*ck are the Trust again?). So far he's done ok. Pick the best available team for every match and I think he would be doing a lot better. It worries me that he just is not getting it, and there will be another (necessary) shedload of changes for Reading.

Getting rid now would be insanity for my money, for all his weaknesses. JUST PICK YOUR BEST TEAM AND LET THE BASTARDS JELLY!!!

If not, I suggest we go for Laurent Blanc(mange).
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:21 - Dec 29 with 1686 viewsmonmouth

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:48 - Dec 29 by dobjack2

I agree, also our current experienced pros do not appear to be providing leadership on the pitch for whatever reason be it injury, knowing they are not wanted, not getting a new contract, not being picked etc.

The right loan players would do for this season

As long as we stay up, why bother burning money on loan players?

It was an awful day, because of the first half giveaway, but we have enough for mid table.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:26 - Dec 29 with 1661 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:15 - Dec 29 by monmouth

I'm trying not to over-react, as who the hell except our manager could not see the starting line up was just laughable?

BUT...his job this season is stabilising a club that is definitely on a knife edge, on the pitch, in the stands and in the boardroom (not just the parasitic c*nts that should be long gone, but where the f*ck are the Trust again?). So far he's done ok. Pick the best available team for every match and I think he would be doing a lot better. It worries me that he just is not getting it, and there will be another (necessary) shedload of changes for Reading.

Getting rid now would be insanity for my money, for all his weaknesses. JUST PICK YOUR BEST TEAM AND LET THE BASTARDS JELLY!!!

Top post. But point of order, Phil made a sarky comment on Darran's thread about Huw's pre match comments. Trust activity is happening, maybe on a smaller scale than it should be though.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:31 - Dec 29 with 1639 viewsvalleyboy

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:17 - Dec 29 by Landore_Jack

GRAHAM POTTER APOLOGISED TO HIS PLAYERS AND THE JACK ARMY AS HE TOOK "FULL RESPONSIBILITY" FOR SWANSEA CITY'S FIRST-HALF PERFORMANCE IN THEIR 2-2 DRAW WITH WIGAN.

Swans manager Potter admitted his side had been below-par during the first half, but said the responsibility for the manner of the display lay solely with him.

"My reaction is one of disappointment with myself for the first half," said Potter.

"I take full responsibility for the first half, we were not able to be ourselves and it was an uncomfortable 45 minutes.

"Clearly we had an idea, but it did not work or I was unable to explain the idea well enough and, in fairness, Wigan did what they did well.

"So I am disappointed with myself first off and I apologise to the players and I apologise to the supporters for the first half."

It’s all very well apologising, but as soon as I saw that team sheet, I just couldn’t believe what I was reading

You could have backed your last pound coin in that there would be at least two changes at half time and could have been three if it was for the fact that he had to keep one change back, just in case of an injury

I have felt that up to now he should be given a chance. But if it’s true that he was happy for the likes of Asoro, McKay and Vickers- Carter to be brought into Swansea and the dullest of team sheets for today game, then time must be running out for supporters to have faith in him
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:33 - Dec 29 with 1626 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 17:49 - Dec 29 by _

Grow up boy

You are much younger than me boy

You’ve been blaming the fans , Siggy & Llorente for a while

Tedious stuff

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:37 - Dec 29 with 1602 viewscbrace1

This is the worst thread I have ever read fairplay
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:38 - Dec 29 with 1594 viewsdobjack2

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:21 - Dec 29 by monmouth

As long as we stay up, why bother burning money on loan players?

It was an awful day, because of the first half giveaway, but we have enough for mid table.

As long as we stay up is only part of the bigger picture as we have youngsters that need to develop in this division.

Our midfield is powderpuff, Fer is not doing the job we hoped he would for whatever reason. To develop properly our youngsters need experienced players around them showing leadership on the pitch and helping them to do their job.

It wouldn’t necessarily be burning money as long as we brought the right player in.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:41 - Dec 29 with 1580 viewswaynekerr55

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:26 - Dec 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Top post. But point of order, Phil made a sarky comment on Darran's thread about Huw's pre match comments. Trust activity is happening, maybe on a smaller scale than it should be though.

It's a very intricate game that needs to be played; one wrong move could have huge ramifications for any legal battle.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:49 - Dec 29 with 1542 viewsoldcob

The board got exactly what they wanted in Potter. A nice guy who won't rock the boat and will nod his head at the appropriate times.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:09 - Dec 29 with 1484 viewsItchySphincter

The alarm bells were ringing before kick off Wayne Routledge took up the right full back position. That was more of a WTF moment than him actually giving away the pelanty.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:14 - Dec 29 with 1472 viewsDrGonzo

What an overreaction. Typical of this site though I guess.

People seemingly forget how poorly we've been run of late.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:24 - Dec 29 with 1443 viewsCooperman

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:09 - Dec 29 by ItchySphincter

The alarm bells were ringing before kick off Wayne Routledge took up the right full back position. That was more of a WTF moment than him actually giving away the pelanty.

I didn’t actually believe that he would play RB until I saw the formation take shape on the pitch. Up to then I was simply scratching my head.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:25 - Dec 29 with 1433 viewsGaz_M

He's doing a fantastic job. We'll be going up under Potter next season.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:29 - Dec 29 with 1413 viewsmahoss

Today was abysmal in every way.
The 3 of them were panicking on the sidelines trying to sort the mess out !
He needs to sort his head out and quickly,I think he's starting to lose the players which is the end for any manager.
He's over thinking every game,we don't need a boffin,we need somebody who can mould and motivate a winning team.
Sadly,I don't think this guy has got in in him............
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:32 - Dec 29 with 1400 viewsLoyal

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:32 - Dec 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He's not playing the 'Swansea Way'.

Either he is choosing not to or the players simply aren't capable. Passing it around the back 3/4/5 (I'm not sure what to call it) isn't good football despite what many will have you believe. As soon as somebody presses any centre half the ball is hoofed 60 yards to McBurnie who doesn't have a chance against most centre halves.

We played five 50 metre plus passes to the wings which hit the winger who put a cross in, it's about putting the ball away. This is the only problem we have bar and I agree that bizarre first half tactic.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 20:38]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:35 - Dec 29 with 1376 viewsLoyal

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:29 - Dec 29 by AngelRangelQS

Potter has started a project and irrespective of what happens this season needs to be given the summer and probably most of next season.

However by god he got it wrong today and not for the first time. In dropping Mulder for Nordfelt a few months ago and today’s selection I can honestly say that he has made some of the strangest managerial decisions I’ve ever witnessed from a Swans manager since I’ve been watching them.

Kevin Cullis.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:36 - Dec 29 with 1372 viewsKilkennyjack

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:25 - Dec 29 by Gaz_M

He's doing a fantastic job. We'll be going up under Potter next season.

Next season will not be the same, the parachute payment reduces significantly.

Beware of the Risen People

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:36 - Dec 29 with 1372 viewsGaz_M

We are playing the Swansea Way. Only the forum's thick cvnts would say otherwise, and are the same thick cvnts who criticised the approach under Rodgers.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:37 - Dec 29 with 1370 viewsTailGunner

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:29 - Dec 29 by mahoss

Today was abysmal in every way.
The 3 of them were panicking on the sidelines trying to sort the mess out !
He needs to sort his head out and quickly,I think he's starting to lose the players which is the end for any manager.
He's over thinking every game,we don't need a boffin,we need somebody who can mould and motivate a winning team.
Sadly,I don't think this guy has got in in him............

Graham Potter got it massively wrong today.

He put it right, but it was too late to take the 3 points, which even after the 1st half shambles, we deserved.

He holds his hands up.

He's tried to be too clever with the weak as Fosters squad he has.

If they don't back him, even modestly, we could well get sucked in to the fight.

If we do get sucked in, those crucifying him in the threads above, will ignore the real culprits as usual.
And the managerial merry-go-round will continue.

As will the downward spiral

THINK
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:44 - Dec 29 with 1343 viewsSmellyplumz

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:37 - Dec 29 by cbrace1

This is the worst thread I have ever read fairplay

Your new around here ain't ya

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:45 - Dec 29 with 1342 viewsTailGunner

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:36 - Dec 29 by Kilkennyjack

Next season will not be the same, the parachute payment reduces significantly.

We ain't relying on parachute payments this year though.
Sliced back past the bone, to the marrow
No different next year when the high earners have gone.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:48 - Dec 29 with 1329 viewsFlashberryjack

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:14 - Dec 29 by DrGonzo

What an overreaction. Typical of this site though I guess.

People seemingly forget how poorly we've been run of late.

FFS ...over reaction ?
We've just put out a team drawn out of a tombala machine, then just about managed to scrape a draw, at home against one of the worst teams in our league.

Yeah! over reaction by f*ck, I bet the captain of the Titanic said the same thing when the lookout shouted "iceberg ahead"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:48 - Dec 29 with 1326 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:45 - Dec 29 by TailGunner

We ain't relying on parachute payments this year though.
Sliced back past the bone, to the marrow
No different next year when the high earners have gone.

If we complete the cull of the high earners, surely next year the parachute payments can be used to help Potter strengthen? That’s why I think we can see what the future holds by what happens next summer.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:53 - Dec 29 with 1308 viewsTailGunner

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:48 - Dec 29 by 34dfgdf54

If we complete the cull of the high earners, surely next year the parachute payments can be used to help Potter strengthen? That’s why I think we can see what the future holds by what happens next summer.

They won't make much of a difference next year.
The owners will hang around us, with dwindling budget to match dwindling attendance
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:55 - Dec 29 with 1293 viewsLoyal

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:37 - Dec 29 by TailGunner

Graham Potter got it massively wrong today.

He put it right, but it was too late to take the 3 points, which even after the 1st half shambles, we deserved.

He holds his hands up.

He's tried to be too clever with the weak as Fosters squad he has.

If they don't back him, even modestly, we could well get sucked in to the fight.

If we do get sucked in, those crucifying him in the threads above, will ignore the real culprits as usual.
And the managerial merry-go-round will continue.

As will the downward spiral

THINK

If we win the next game it will all be fine again, then if we lose again it will be shit once more.

Focus on the cause people, and not the effect.
Fcking greedy bastards remember, take stock after 24 hours jacks, remember all the victories this season, and the times they have put smiles on people's faces.

This thread was started out of pure frustration. Sadly by a poster who seems only to flourish when we are fckd. He changes his opinions and his mind more than GP does his selections, again out of frustration no doubt. Every week it's up and down, round and round, week to week, reacting to every minute of every game like it's a fatality. The criticism is pathetic.

This is what we have, it's by no means brilliant but by fck it isn't as bad as some will have you believe. Potter has had about 30 weeks in post. He has managed a handful of players to perform in one of the world's toughest and competitive leagues, half of them who have never really seen anything like it before. For fcks sake give the guy some support, the pram has no toys left, it's time to support him 100% and try being real jacks. Strong, proud and bleeding and black and white.

Fck all this shit it's boring.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024