Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter deserves all the stick in the world 17:06 - Dec 29 with 29478 views_

Once again, absolutely shocking team selection.

A one man wrecking ball.

Potter SORT IT OUT.....!!!

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 15:08 - Dec 30 with 1814 viewsjasper_T

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 14:24 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

Fair post Jasper, you are more clued up than me with what goes on in u23s and academy, didn’t seem right to me from a distance.

Just one part of your post, second paragraph.

What makes you believe, that a squad which needs half a dozen youngsters to make up numbers, as the seniors are depleted, should be expected to challenge for top 6.

Also don’t make things up, I’ve never once said the likes of Rodon, Roberts, James have let us down. Roberts seems to have gotten too big for his boots, but the rest have played their part in what has been a solid return to the Championship in difficult circumstances. I don’t think they should be expected to be challenging for a top 6 spot like you do though, like you said Leeds, Villa, Hull have got their own youngsters, who at the the moment are better than ours, I’ll give you plenty more examples if you want?

Part of it is that in this division upwards of 12 teams are competing for top 6 at the start of the season. van der Hoorn says himself that's the aim. Millwall and Preston were right in the picture last season and their squads are/were very poor. This isn't the Premier League with a massive gulf between the top 6 and the rest, where one or two might only bridge the gap via some sort of miracle season.

It will be interesting to see which Championship youngsters actually go on to be better. Bowen is certainly a potential star, but would he be where he is now if Hull had survived in the PL in 16-17 and he not had a full season in the Championship last term? As I said in the summer, the difference in perception of DJ and Asoro was mostly opportunity. Asoro got to play, DJ didn't, one is a £2m great bit of business, the other a raw one-trick pony having to play due to our horribly threadbare squad.

Who are Villa's youngsters better than ours? Abraham, sure, good Championship striker, but Tuanzebe and Bree are no Connor and Joe. Hepburn-Murphy?
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 16:15 - Dec 30 with 1757 views_

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:57 - Dec 29 by 34dfgdf54

Today was awful. I’ve said that.

I just don’t get where you’re coming from mate. You was on here a few weeks ago hailing Jenkins for the appointment, now you have turned against Potter, should Jenkins also now take responsibility? He hired him. You didn’t answer my question first time around.

I did answer your point the first time around by telling you how bloody difficult it is to recruit in football.

You need an idea and a plan, of course you do, but you need a bit of luck as well.

I still like Potter and I still want him to be able to learn from these mistakes but he's got to start to do that soon or my waning faith will disappear.

To put it simply, he's underachieved with the squad he's got - not over-achieved, as is the general consensus. He's messed players around all season and not even brought some of them into the fold when they are clearly capable of offering something.

Had we played with a tiny bit of managerial consistency we'd easily be where we should have been today, and that's in the play off zone. You have to admire Bielsa and Farke at Norwich and we wouldn't be where they are now, but this team was good enough for another 8-10 points.

Some are saying the players are burned out - that's utter nonsense, the players are raring to go, the youngsters are loving it, they're not tired.

The problem is consistency and a manager who hasn't earned the right to tinker around. Not yet he hasn't.

We need a settled side and we need to see how capable we really are. If we can bring in 2 or 3 players in January and lets see who are still here, I think we are good for a decent run, and then let's see if we can sneak into the play-offs.

------------------------------ Mulder -------------------------------

Roberts ---- Van Der Hoorn --- Joe Rodon --- Naughton

Routs ------------- Fer/NEW ---- Grimes -------------- James
------------------------------- Celina ---------------------------------

-------------------------------- NEW ----------------------------------

Let's keep to a formation, let players build partnerships and chemistry and let them have a run of mastering their jobs.

You can't re-invent the wheel after a few years in the arctic circle - we didn't when we went through the leagues, we just got really good at what we were trying to achieve - playing football the right way well.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 16:19]

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 16:27 - Dec 30 with 1726 views_

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 14:12 - Dec 30 by BillyChong

Of course it’s relevant. As you state we are playing out of position wing backs. Potter was obviously dealt a full back in the summer (Declan John) he doesn’t fancy. They shouldn’t be needed there.

What??? Potter made that decision, that's the whole point here.

He doesn't have to play those at full back - that was just pathetic lunacy on his part which he's apologised for.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 16:29 - Dec 30 with 1719 views_

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 14:24 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

Fair post Jasper, you are more clued up than me with what goes on in u23s and academy, didn’t seem right to me from a distance.

Just one part of your post, second paragraph.

What makes you believe, that a squad which needs half a dozen youngsters to make up numbers, as the seniors are depleted, should be expected to challenge for top 6.

Also don’t make things up, I’ve never once said the likes of Rodon, Roberts, James have let us down. Roberts seems to have gotten too big for his boots, but the rest have played their part in what has been a solid return to the Championship in difficult circumstances. I don’t think they should be expected to be challenging for a top 6 spot like you do though, like you said Leeds, Villa, Hull have got their own youngsters, who at the the moment are better than ours, I’ll give you plenty more examples if you want?

""What makes you believe, that a squad which needs half a dozen youngsters to make up numbers, as the seniors are depleted, should be expected to challenge for top 6. ""

What in hell on earth has that got to do with his pathetic team selection most weeks - but especially yesterday?

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 16:53 - Dec 30 with 1682 viewstrinityann

Potter is the blame for yesterday, most fans could see after 5-10 mins the players were clueless trying to adapt to the system set up. No player should be singled out, it was complete chaos.

Screw this 2/3 years programme for Potter to get us back up. The landscape in football changes quickly in that time. Concentrate getting results now, this squad would be in play offs if he didn't make six changes to every game and I personally think he is underachieving and I underestimated how poor this league is.

Potter pick your best team with a settled formation and tactics, you can tinker when plan A is not working. This season I was expecting us to struggle to adapt early on and then progressively improve. I am not seeing the improvements apart from when we are chasing the game. We are lacklustered when scores are even.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 17:06 - Dec 30 with 1644 viewsLoyal

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 16:53 - Dec 30 by trinityann

Potter is the blame for yesterday, most fans could see after 5-10 mins the players were clueless trying to adapt to the system set up. No player should be singled out, it was complete chaos.

Screw this 2/3 years programme for Potter to get us back up. The landscape in football changes quickly in that time. Concentrate getting results now, this squad would be in play offs if he didn't make six changes to every game and I personally think he is underachieving and I underestimated how poor this league is.

Potter pick your best team with a settled formation and tactics, you can tinker when plan A is not working. This season I was expecting us to struggle to adapt early on and then progressively improve. I am not seeing the improvements apart from when we are chasing the game. We are lacklustered when scores are even.

More often football landscapes change after three wins.
Expectations have been met, and we will improve.

The reason why potter is struggling with team selection is obvious, he has been sold lies regards the future of the club and is desperately trying to make it work.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 17:14 - Dec 30 with 1627 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 16:29 - Dec 30 by _

""What makes you believe, that a squad which needs half a dozen youngsters to make up numbers, as the seniors are depleted, should be expected to challenge for top 6. ""

What in hell on earth has that got to do with his pathetic team selection most weeks - but especially yesterday?

The team selection yesterday was awful, there’s no excuses for him yesterday, but my point as the the thread moved on was that he done a good job in difficult circumstances.

I’m not having he’s under achieved with the current squad, no way at all. Like I’ve said to Jasper.

Both keepers are suspect. Not known as number ones throughout their careers.
One senior centre half
One senior centre midfielder - out of contract and injury prone.
22 year old being relied on to lead line week after week.

Spine of the side nowhere near competitive enough to compete at the top end of table over a 46 game season, just go through squads of the top 8 sides.

First stage of a big rebuild after what’s been catastrophic player recruitment over a number of years.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 17:37 - Dec 30 with 1590 viewsperplex

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 17:23 - Dec 29 by MrSwerve

Our squad has been absolutely decimated, filled with youngsters (albeit promising). A slump was always going to happen around Dec/Jan onwards. Many of us said that at the start of the season.

He needs backing in January.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 17:24]

Please stop using the youngsters card as an excuse, reason being half the squads in the championship are younger over all and most of these teams are performing far better than us.
Login to get fewer ads

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 17:41 - Dec 30 with 1583 viewsFlashberryjack

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 16:53 - Dec 30 by trinityann

5 - 10 minutes ? most fans could see as soon as the team was announced that the team formation and selection was utter boolox, the guy is completely out of his depth.

Even more worrying is that when Potter is eventually sacked, (which he will be) the same f*cking idiiot will be selecting the next manager.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:01 - Dec 30 with 1553 viewsElmo

T2C: good spot - the Core needs to be established - including CB.

With a Solid core GP can tinker merrily

------------------------------ Mulder / ? -------------------------------

Roberts ---- Van Der Hoorn --- NEW / Joe Rodon --- Naughton

Routs ------------- Fer/NEW ---- Grimes -------------- James
------------------------------- Celina ---------------------------------

-------------------------------- NEW ----------------------------------
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:23 - Dec 30 with 1517 views_

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 17:14 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

The team selection yesterday was awful, there’s no excuses for him yesterday, but my point as the the thread moved on was that he done a good job in difficult circumstances.

I’m not having he’s under achieved with the current squad, no way at all. Like I’ve said to Jasper.

Both keepers are suspect. Not known as number ones throughout their careers.
One senior centre half
One senior centre midfielder - out of contract and injury prone.
22 year old being relied on to lead line week after week.

Spine of the side nowhere near competitive enough to compete at the top end of table over a 46 game season, just go through squads of the top 8 sides.

First stage of a big rebuild after what’s been catastrophic player recruitment over a number of years.

And I'm not having this nonsense repeated all the time.

One senior centre half? What does that even mean? We are all shitting ourselves Rodon wouldn't sign a contract a few weeks ago and he could literally walk into most Championship sides. I wouldn't be surprised he's not been watched very carefully by teams much bigger than us. Also, his being rested is weird, i'm guessing it's to give Carter Vickers some game time to justify him being here.

I also like CCV, I think we need a bit of muscle and aggression in the team. So we're in the slightly unfortunate/fortunate position of 3 not going into 2. I'm also pretty sure Cian Harris is able to do a job if he's not thrust into the fray with chaos all around him.

These boys are 22 plus. That's senior enough for the poxy Championship.

Our keepers have been fine for most of the season - Potter messed them both around and now fans are calling them suspect. That's massively unfair.

Fer isn't a bad player and he hasn't deserved the criticism some are dishing out. He wouldn't have hidden first half yesterday and he would have looked for the ball. Yes, he can daydream here and there and it's frustrating but he's worth his place on the team.

As is Grimes who is coming on leaps and bounds with every game. Literally standing out, yesterday, head and shoulders above everyone else. But he's played as much at left back as he has in the centre - that's criminal.

And our 8 goal striker I take it you mean? Can anyone say he's really had a bad season, old Ollie?? Really? Yes, he gets beaten a bit to easily and his hold up play needs a lot of work, but he's not the problem.

I think it's clear he needs someone to properly challenge him and if that's not going to be Bony then it's an area we really need to look at. We probably are.

And you can't make any throwaway comments about our side's capabilities until we see what it's capable of. But that will only come with some consistency from the manager.

I'm not against a bit of tinkering, either, I think we've got players who can play in different positions and there'll be plenty of times when rotation will work - late in games throwing all the meat on etc, but not rotation for rotation's sake. That's just stupid and all it does is give the opposition a bloody head start.

We can't afford to do that, no team can.

But I don't think he'll mess up again. I think he will be more than predictable for the foreseeable future and we can then assess our destiny.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:15 - Dec 30 with 1483 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:23 - Dec 30 by _

And I'm not having this nonsense repeated all the time.

One senior centre half? What does that even mean? We are all shitting ourselves Rodon wouldn't sign a contract a few weeks ago and he could literally walk into most Championship sides. I wouldn't be surprised he's not been watched very carefully by teams much bigger than us. Also, his being rested is weird, i'm guessing it's to give Carter Vickers some game time to justify him being here.

I also like CCV, I think we need a bit of muscle and aggression in the team. So we're in the slightly unfortunate/fortunate position of 3 not going into 2. I'm also pretty sure Cian Harris is able to do a job if he's not thrust into the fray with chaos all around him.

These boys are 22 plus. That's senior enough for the poxy Championship.

Our keepers have been fine for most of the season - Potter messed them both around and now fans are calling them suspect. That's massively unfair.

Fer isn't a bad player and he hasn't deserved the criticism some are dishing out. He wouldn't have hidden first half yesterday and he would have looked for the ball. Yes, he can daydream here and there and it's frustrating but he's worth his place on the team.

As is Grimes who is coming on leaps and bounds with every game. Literally standing out, yesterday, head and shoulders above everyone else. But he's played as much at left back as he has in the centre - that's criminal.

And our 8 goal striker I take it you mean? Can anyone say he's really had a bad season, old Ollie?? Really? Yes, he gets beaten a bit to easily and his hold up play needs a lot of work, but he's not the problem.

I think it's clear he needs someone to properly challenge him and if that's not going to be Bony then it's an area we really need to look at. We probably are.

And you can't make any throwaway comments about our side's capabilities until we see what it's capable of. But that will only come with some consistency from the manager.

I'm not against a bit of tinkering, either, I think we've got players who can play in different positions and there'll be plenty of times when rotation will work - late in games throwing all the meat on etc, but not rotation for rotation's sake. That's just stupid and all it does is give the opposition a bloody head start.

We can't afford to do that, no team can.

But I don't think he'll mess up again. I think he will be more than predictable for the foreseeable future and we can then assess our destiny.

You’re talking like I don’t rate our players or think they are having a bad season. I don’t, I think they are doing very well, I just think we need more to compete consistently every week. Especially down the spine, and will need even more when players leave in January, which they more than likely will, the Yanks have pretty much confirmed that.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:20 - Dec 30 with 1473 viewsjasper_T

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:15 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

You’re talking like I don’t rate our players or think they are having a bad season. I don’t, I think they are doing very well, I just think we need more to compete consistently every week. Especially down the spine, and will need even more when players leave in January, which they more than likely will, the Yanks have pretty much confirmed that.

Link?
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:33 - Dec 30 with 1457 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:20 - Dec 30 by jasper_T

Link?

Take note of the penultimate point.

In this rare and wide-ranging interview, Kaplan and Levien explain:

Why Swansea have had to cut costs so severely this summer.

Why the Swans are still paying transfer fees for players they bought last season and earlier, and

why that is hampering their recruitment now.

Why Swansea did not sign Ryan Woods from Brentford last month, a failed move which they admit "disappointed" manager Graham Potter.

How failed "bets" in the transfer market have cost the club dearly, and how those failures affect issues such as Financial Fair Play.

How they have put their own money into the club but are not taking any money out of the club, for themselves or other members of their American consortium.

Why Swansea have had to take their "hard medicine now" and why further cuts may follow.

Chairman Huw Jenkins' position and future, and why they have put plans to appoint a sporting director on hold.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 20:18 - Dec 30 with 1408 viewsOldjack

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 17:37 - Dec 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

I blame the fans

Ungrateful f@cks

bollocks ! we paid good money to watch that crap dished out, Potter is starting to do everyone's swede in with his very silly setups and selection's

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:03 - Dec 30 with 1375 viewsjasper_T

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:33 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

Take note of the penultimate point.

In this rare and wide-ranging interview, Kaplan and Levien explain:

Why Swansea have had to cut costs so severely this summer.

Why the Swans are still paying transfer fees for players they bought last season and earlier, and

why that is hampering their recruitment now.

Why Swansea did not sign Ryan Woods from Brentford last month, a failed move which they admit "disappointed" manager Graham Potter.

How failed "bets" in the transfer market have cost the club dearly, and how those failures affect issues such as Financial Fair Play.

How they have put their own money into the club but are not taking any money out of the club, for themselves or other members of their American consortium.

Why Swansea have had to take their "hard medicine now" and why further cuts may follow.

Chairman Huw Jenkins' position and future, and why they have put plans to appoint a sporting director on hold.

I assumed there was something more recent going about.

Potter said he doesn't expect "significant movement" the other day so he's not expecting a major clearout at least.
Lee Trundle - This guy is a true gentleman on 23:01 - Dec 30 with 1325 viewsfrancos16

Called into Tesco Briton Ferry tonight with the missus and the kids and randomly bumped into LT. What a gent .inundated with well wishers and took the time to speak to all and sundry. Selfies , chat and good wishes in abundance what a guy . Blessed to have him as an Ambassador . Guy is a different class 🍀🍀🍀🍀
Lee Trundle - This guy is a true gentleman on 01:49 - Dec 31 with 1243 viewsSoberBaker

Lee Trundle - This guy is a true gentleman on 23:01 - Dec 30 by francos16

Called into Tesco Briton Ferry tonight with the missus and the kids and randomly bumped into LT. What a gent .inundated with well wishers and took the time to speak to all and sundry. Selfies , chat and good wishes in abundance what a guy . Blessed to have him as an Ambassador . Guy is a different class 🍀🍀🍀🍀

Good point 👍

AMOW

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 02:17 - Dec 31 with 1221 viewsBadlands

Looking back to the great season we had in the championship with Roberto I noticed that after 25 games we had
7 wins 13 draws 5 lost 33/30 34 points
Currently we have
9 wins 6 draws 10 lost 31/30 33 points

So, just 2 goals and 1 point difference but the world is caving in around us.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 09:06 - Dec 31 with 1164 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 02:17 - Dec 31 by Badlands

Looking back to the great season we had in the championship with Roberto I noticed that after 25 games we had
Currently we have

That was when we had serious momentum too.

Completely the opposite now.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 10:01 - Dec 31 with 1132 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 02:17 - Dec 31 by Badlands

Currently we have

That shows how consistent we were under Roberto and how inconsistent we are under Potter.
Almost the same points with twice as many losses and it is the losses that hurt the most.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 10:13 - Dec 31 with 1127 viewsScottishEddie

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:33 - Dec 29 by Uxbridge

We have an unbalanced squad lacking quality in many areas and lacking leadership. Potter's done well to get a tune at all given the hand he's been dealt. Clearly today his initial team selection jumped the wrong side of the genius/insanity line, but he's got us some decent results from doing similar unconventional things.

This season is all about stability. We needed to rediscover our footballing identity, needed to rebuild the squad from the ground up after years of mismanagement and neither of those things are quick. We also, above all else, need stability and to give someone the job for a period of time to bring in what we want without ripping it up and starting again, which is pretty much what we've done every December for the last few years ... and just look how that's gone.

Sacking him now would be utter madness IMO. He's made mistakes but he's also made excellent decisions. Get rid, and who do you replace him with? All you do is set things back a few months, possibly more. We're comfortably mid-table which, given what has gone before, is pretty good.

You should be a spokesman for The Trust

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 10:18 - Dec 31 with 1125 viewsScottishEddie

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:42 - Dec 29 by _

You're a bit out of touch mate, no matter how edgy you want to be.

A bit?

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 10:24 - Dec 31 with 1117 viewswaynekerr55

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 10:13 - Dec 31 by ScottishEddie

You should be a spokesman for The Trust

There he is!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 10:31 - Dec 31 with 1105 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 10:01 - Dec 31 by A_Fans_Dad

That shows how consistent we were under Roberto and how inconsistent we are under Potter.
Almost the same points with twice as many losses and it is the losses that hurt the most.

That’s why he got the Belgium gig.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024