Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter deserves all the stick in the world 17:06 - Dec 29 with 29477 views_

Once again, absolutely shocking team selection.

A one man wrecking ball.

Potter SORT IT OUT.....!!!

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 00:46 - Dec 30 with 1611 viewsTailGunner

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 00:29 - Dec 30 by valleyboy

Must have got you wound up to night

And what about this one then

Asoro will be an excellent signing for the Swans

Was he anywhere near the squad yoday

Why are you kicking a 19 year old kid who wasn't even involved.

You negative guttersnipe. Stay well away from our club.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 00:51 - Dec 30 with 1601 viewsswancity

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:34 - Dec 29 by Uxbridge

There is that. I do think recruitment was more coherent this summer though in terms of the types of players we brought in. All a work in progress though, but then I didn't expect our problems to be resolved in one window.

"I do think that recruitment was more coherent this summer"

😂😂😂😂😂

Clueless. As usual.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 01:42 - Dec 30 with 1562 viewsLoyal

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:42 - Dec 29 by _

You're a bit out of touch mate, no matter how edgy you want to be.

I'm not interested Chris, your a fruitcake.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 07:40 - Dec 30 with 1472 viewswaynekerr55

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:01 - Dec 29 by Uxbridge

I didn't read it. I've no doubt it's the aim, but it'd be a bonus rather than the first priority, and not looking particularly likely.

I think you missed my dig at Jenkins in your response Mr Ux 😁

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 07:53 - Dec 30 with 1462 viewsjackal

Potter has got to bring in the kids and give them game time. He needs them to get experience.

He is doing the best he can with the limited squad that we have.

It went badly wrong in the first half but at least he changed it well for the second.

I don't blame Potter. I blame the ***** who stripped our team.

Let's see what happens in January. I'm not holding my breath.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 07:57 - Dec 30 with 1455 viewsChief

What's the OP moaning sbout???

Isn't this the level of manager that fits the boards financial 'hard medicine' mantra?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 09:10 - Dec 30 with 1393 viewsUxbridge

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 07:40 - Dec 30 by waynekerr55

I think you missed my dig at Jenkins in your response Mr Ux 😁

Mate, that could have been spotted from space

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 09:46 - Dec 30 with 1343 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:40 - Dec 29 by jasper_T

The kids have looked the part. Our bench was very strong today. We had the players available to win the game comfortably, even with two regulars rested.

I honestly think you must watch other games.

Looked the part? Rodon and Roberts have done well but gone down hill since the contract signings. James’s is an exciting player, but with very little end product. I believe he’s the same age, or year younger than Jarred Bowen of Hull? Not on same level at the moment from what I’ve seen. I don’t want to slag younger players off but Harries and CBR look out of their depth at the moment and are already 22-23. Our u23s sides when they were successful were a lot older than the teams they were playing against every week from what I saw. They focused a lot more on being successful as in winning trophies than we did bringing on younger talent, I remember posting at the time. If you’re 21/22 and not near first team then it’s probably time to drop the levels and work way back up.

Again, we have one senior centre half, one senior centre midfielder and a 22 year old is our only senior striker who can do a job for 90 minutes, don’t say Bony as we all know the score with that and don’t bore me with the “water carrier” nonsense about CBR. If you want I’ll go through every squad in top 8/10 and be able to highlight how much stronger they are than we are at present.

If we end up competing for a place in top 6, then we have over achieved massively, if we don’t and stay midtable, it’s still acceptable, see Norwich last year to counter your claim of being mid table and not being able to attract players.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 9:48]
Login to get fewer ads

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 10:02 - Dec 30 with 1309 viewsTailGunner

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 09:46 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

Looked the part? Rodon and Roberts have done well but gone down hill since the contract signings. James’s is an exciting player, but with very little end product. I believe he’s the same age, or year younger than Jarred Bowen of Hull? Not on same level at the moment from what I’ve seen. I don’t want to slag younger players off but Harries and CBR look out of their depth at the moment and are already 22-23. Our u23s sides when they were successful were a lot older than the teams they were playing against every week from what I saw. They focused a lot more on being successful as in winning trophies than we did bringing on younger talent, I remember posting at the time. If you’re 21/22 and not near first team then it’s probably time to drop the levels and work way back up.

Again, we have one senior centre half, one senior centre midfielder and a 22 year old is our only senior striker who can do a job for 90 minutes, don’t say Bony as we all know the score with that and don’t bore me with the “water carrier” nonsense about CBR. If you want I’ll go through every squad in top 8/10 and be able to highlight how much stronger they are than we are at present.

If we end up competing for a place in top 6, then we have over achieved massively, if we don’t and stay midtable, it’s still acceptable, see Norwich last year to counter your claim of being mid table and not being able to attract players.

Agree with this.(downarrowed by error)
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 10:14 - Dec 30 with 1298 viewsCaptain_Sham

Potter deserves stick, and has admitted as such. He's apologised. Another game on Wednesday. Nuff said.

Its just a ride.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 12:01 - Dec 30 with 1211 viewsBillyChong

Anyone would struggle without proper backing. The teams doing the business in this league have bought well. We are playing Wayne Routledge wing back. Says it all.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 12:22 - Dec 30 with 1200 viewsgrabsplatter

Good post, Dan James is a bit younger than Bowen but has nowhere near as much first team experience.
A couple of our experienced big earners on the bench are also limiting the manager's options because they can't play 90 minutes
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 12:44 - Dec 30 with 1164 viewsBillyChong

Norwich are a good example of ambition at this level. Far better squad than us. The quality was clear to see in the game down here.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 12:48 - Dec 30 with 1153 viewsgrabsplatter

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 12:44 - Dec 30 by BillyChong

Norwich are a good example of ambition at this level. Far better squad than us. The quality was clear to see in the game down here.

And their manager was getting lots of stick last year when they were mid table & rebuilding
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 12:49 - Dec 30 with 1153 views_

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:46 - Dec 29 by treboeth1966

Never heard so much rubbish . Its depressing to read this nonsense. Give Potter 2 / 3 seasons. Surely we must see the hand he has been dealt . ?

What?? In 2 to 3 seasons teams have been known to be in League 2

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 12:51 - Dec 30 with 1148 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 12:49 - Dec 30 by _

What?? In 2 to 3 seasons teams have been known to be in League 2

We won’t though.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 12:54 - Dec 30 with 1136 viewswaynekerr55

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 12:48 - Dec 30 by grabsplatter

And their manager was getting lots of stick last year when they were mid table & rebuilding

I can vouch for that personally as I worked with a Naarch fan

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 12:55 - Dec 30 with 1134 views_

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:02 - Dec 29 by Cooperman

I agree.

Or another option is that they were frightened - fright caused by the inability to adopt their coaches master tactic.

Of course they were.

No one wanted the ball in the first half, even Celina, and that's not like any of our boys.

They normally all lap it up and want it as often as they can.

But the crowd turned, and rightly so, and that was it, they spent the rest of the half hiding.

And poor Matty Grimes, a player that's really showing great signs and he's shunted back to left back each and every time Potter gets it wrong.

And lastly, how many positions did Routs play yesterday??

A bloody farce, no other word for it.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 13:00 - Dec 30 with 1117 viewsBillyChong

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 12:55 - Dec 30 by _

Of course they were.

No one wanted the ball in the first half, even Celina, and that's not like any of our boys.

They normally all lap it up and want it as often as they can.

But the crowd turned, and rightly so, and that was it, they spent the rest of the half hiding.

And poor Matty Grimes, a player that's really showing great signs and he's shunted back to left back each and every time Potter gets it wrong.

And lastly, how many positions did Routs play yesterday??

A bloody farce, no other word for it.

Routledge shouldn’t be anywhere near those positions. Until the board sign some quality it’s going to happen. Where’s Declan John when we need him?
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 13:41 - Dec 30 with 1090 views_

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:18 - Dec 29 by builthjack

Cian Harries is 22 in a few months. If he's not ready for mid table Championship now, he is unlikely to make it.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 21:27]

The point with Harris is simple.

If you want to blood him into the team you do it with a settled side around him.

If Cian had come in, say Boxing Day, with a side we all expected and a side who knew their positions, and alongside Van der Hoorn, he'd have coped well.

But playing him with Dan James alongside him in a wing back role and Routs the other side was sheer lunacy.

I'm still supporting Potter, but like many others I don't think many would put up with that sort of baffling nonsense every week, especially as he's doing it over and over again.

This whole thread is more than legitimate and the criticism is completely justified

Anyone choosing to swim up their own arses and disagree that's fine, but the points made by many on here are worth debating.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 13:44 - Dec 30 with 1085 views_

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:37 - Dec 29 by builthjack

Potter deserve s a knighthood for the totally shit hand that he has been dealt by those greedy b@stards who sold their souls, and those weasels who have bought the club to take money out of. Scumbags all of them.
A lot on here have said that they don't want to go up next season. Then moan like fck when we are mid table. What do you want? If you want to go up then those tosses with the money need to give Potter enough to bring at least 4 of his own choice players in, and have a go from early January.
If he doesn't get money we will finish mid table.
If he isn't given money it will take a few seasons for Potter to get it right He will Get rid of the Jenkins signings and bargain basement buys that Jenkins made.
I could go on.
Who knows what pressure he is under to play some of those players, what's in their contracts etc.
I am sure he didn't sign up with the Swans to be dealt the hand he has.

Before you harp on about giving another 4 or 5 players, why don't you evaluate the 4 he's brought in?

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 13:51 - Dec 30 with 1074 views_

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:59 - Dec 29 by jasper_T

I expected Potter to put together an 11 out of the 18 he named today that would beat Wigan.

He waited until half time to do that. Poor management.

Why anyone would want to look further than the team selection and Potters performance is beyond me.

If we're to discuss transfers, the Board of Directors, Kyle Macauley or whatever else, then that's fine, but that's a different topic.

The only point we're making here is that PATHETIC line up at the start and the fact it's not the first time. It's over and over again.

We wouldn't be having this bloody debate if he'd picked our best side.

All this hand he's been dealt, season of stability and whatever guff Loyal is mumbling on about is irrelevant as to why he plays Routs at right back, Dan James at left back a rookie as one of the 3, bombs out arguably our player of the season in Rodon and brings in a centre forward that hasn't made the squad since September.

All else is nonsense and interference.

Potter SORT IT OUT!!!

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 13:59 - Dec 30 with 1061 viewsjasper_T

Players impressing but being inconsistent etc. is "looking the part" in this division. Rodon looked a standout centreback his first dozen games (and his stats are still top notch despite recent errors). Roberts quality for club and country. You're comparing "not even in Potter's first team plans at the start of the season" Dan James to a player Everton are looking at for £15m. Jarrod Bowen doesn't look the part in this division, he's beyond it. Byers and CBR (who I've never rated) played in our best win of the season.

We were looking at half a dozen lads from the U23s to step up and make up the numbers this season with the seniors depleted, and they've done so capably. The idea that they're letting us down because they're as fallible as the established stars (the ones Potter chooses to utilise, anyway) and not Premier League quality is laughable.

The U23s teams were a lot older than big academies that could loan out their more-developed players easily and had access to their pick of younger players in quality and huge numbers (City, Arsenal, United etc.) but compared to other successful Cat One sides like Leicester we were about the same. Personally I don't think clubs should be giving up on potential when it's not realised by 19, and the decision is paying off now as we've got access to a reserves side of a good age and with the right mentality, and the local younger lads are now playing higher level opposition than if we'd relied on competing for the best 16 year olds as youth signings while in the PL.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 14:12 - Dec 30 with 1044 viewsBillyChong

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 13:51 - Dec 30 by _

Why anyone would want to look further than the team selection and Potters performance is beyond me.

If we're to discuss transfers, the Board of Directors, Kyle Macauley or whatever else, then that's fine, but that's a different topic.

The only point we're making here is that PATHETIC line up at the start and the fact it's not the first time. It's over and over again.

We wouldn't be having this bloody debate if he'd picked our best side.

All this hand he's been dealt, season of stability and whatever guff Loyal is mumbling on about is irrelevant as to why he plays Routs at right back, Dan James at left back a rookie as one of the 3, bombs out arguably our player of the season in Rodon and brings in a centre forward that hasn't made the squad since September.

All else is nonsense and interference.

Potter SORT IT OUT!!!

Of course it’s relevant. As you state we are playing out of position wing backs. Potter was obviously dealt a full back in the summer (Declan John) he doesn’t fancy. They shouldn’t be needed there.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 14:24 - Dec 30 with 1037 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 13:59 - Dec 30 by jasper_T

Players impressing but being inconsistent etc. is "looking the part" in this division. Rodon looked a standout centreback his first dozen games (and his stats are still top notch despite recent errors). Roberts quality for club and country. You're comparing "not even in Potter's first team plans at the start of the season" Dan James to a player Everton are looking at for £15m. Jarrod Bowen doesn't look the part in this division, he's beyond it. Byers and CBR (who I've never rated) played in our best win of the season.

We were looking at half a dozen lads from the U23s to step up and make up the numbers this season with the seniors depleted, and they've done so capably. The idea that they're letting us down because they're as fallible as the established stars (the ones Potter chooses to utilise, anyway) and not Premier League quality is laughable.

The U23s teams were a lot older than big academies that could loan out their more-developed players easily and had access to their pick of younger players in quality and huge numbers (City, Arsenal, United etc.) but compared to other successful Cat One sides like Leicester we were about the same. Personally I don't think clubs should be giving up on potential when it's not realised by 19, and the decision is paying off now as we've got access to a reserves side of a good age and with the right mentality, and the local younger lads are now playing higher level opposition than if we'd relied on competing for the best 16 year olds as youth signings while in the PL.

Fair post Jasper, you are more clued up than me with what goes on in u23s and academy, didn’t seem right to me from a distance.

Just one part of your post, second paragraph.

What makes you believe, that a squad which needs half a dozen youngsters to make up numbers, as the seniors are depleted, should be expected to challenge for top 6.

Also don’t make things up, I’ve never once said the likes of Rodon, Roberts, James have let us down. Roberts seems to have gotten too big for his boots, but the rest have played their part in what has been a solid return to the Championship in difficult circumstances. I don’t think they should be expected to be challenging for a top 6 spot like you do though, like you said Leeds, Villa, Hull have got their own youngsters, who at the the moment are better than ours, I’ll give you plenty more examples if you want?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024