Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter deserves all the stick in the world 17:06 - Dec 29 with 29097 views_

Once again, absolutely shocking team selection.

A one man wrecking ball.

Potter SORT IT OUT.....!!!

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:30 - Dec 29 with 1670 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:21 - Dec 29 by exiledclaseboy

Just for the record, I think sacking Potter would be complete madness.

So do I unless we can attract a known Championship level Manager or up & coming League 1 Manager.
But stipulating beforehand that the team has to play the "Swansea Way" may have just those sorts of managers saying stuff your job.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:31 - Dec 29 with 1670 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:25 - Dec 29 by dickythorpe

What about in a months time IF we lost all league games in Jan?

I'm asking in a polite way, one poster is really annoyed with me for having an opinion that differs to theirs......

It would be madness though Dicky.

As "Tom Baker" as his selection was today he'll drag it round . We're not going up but that's not his fault either. If we manage to shift Ayew to Galatassarsay in January that may free up the purse strings to bring in a couple of harder edged midfield players which would make a massive difference to the side's balance.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:31 - Dec 29 with 1662 views3swan

Whether you call it taking stick or not Potter has to take his share of the blame for some of the poor performances this season.
Some players have been incapable of doing the basics, but that also applies to him in his team selection, where rotation has unbalanced the starting eleven.
In no way am I calling for a change of manager but he, imo, is making similar mistakes time and time again. Now that could be down to having his hands tied or players are carrying slight injuries that we don’t know about.
The youngsters (including inexperienced players) are not going to play at a consistent level without the help of experienced players for the game management side of things.
I can’t say we have any leaders in the squad, so it is a case of what we have is what we’ve got.
At the moment we have seemed to hit a wall. Initial enthusiasm from the youngsters has caught up and now are struggling. We have so many on the experience side that can’t complete 90 mins.
I firmly believe that Potter was told at the start of the season, that it was all about not being relegated, see where we are at the end of the season etc.
Can’t remember after which game but there was a quote from Grimes on the official site that the team could accept defeat if it was with playing the Swansea way.
Ok that could just be a PR stunt, but I do believe that, as it does seem to match performances on the pitch. There is acceptance when things go wrong just to keep doing the same things and they will work out.
Passion seems to be missing not just from the team but the club as a whole.
I didn't expect too much this season but wanted to see some steady progress, this isn't happening so far and I don't expect to see anything come the end of January.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:32 - Dec 29 with 1655 viewsJackfath

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:31 - Dec 29 by Brynmill_Jack

As "Tom Baker" as his selection was today he'll drag it round . We're not going up but that's not his fault either. If we manage to shift Ayew to Galatassarsay in January that may free up the purse strings to bring in a couple of harder edged midfield players which would make a massive difference to the side's balance.

I honestly don't think we will bring anyone in.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:32 - Dec 29 with 1651 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:30 - Dec 29 by A_Fans_Dad

So do I unless we can attract a known Championship level Manager or up & coming League 1 Manager.
But stipulating beforehand that the team has to play the "Swansea Way" may have just those sorts of managers saying stuff your job.

He's not playing the 'Swansea Way'.

Either he is choosing not to or the players simply aren't capable. Passing it around the back 3/4/5 (I'm not sure what to call it) isn't good football despite what many will have you believe. As soon as somebody presses any centre half the ball is hoofed 60 yards to McBurnie who doesn't have a chance against most centre halves.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:34 - Dec 29 with 1643 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:32 - Dec 29 by Jackfath

If that is the case - i.e. there would be some spare cash but it's not given to the manager to spend then nobody with any sanity within them can bame him, only Huw, Jason and Steve.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:35 - Dec 29 with 1637 viewsexiledclaseboy

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:25 - Dec 29 by dickythorpe

What about in a months time IF we lost all league games in Jan?

I'm asking in a polite way, one poster is really annoyed with me for having an opinion that differs to theirs......

Still no from me.

Poll: Tory leader

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:36 - Dec 29 with 1623 viewstrinityann

I think the possibility of sacking Potter is a long way off at the moment. But I don't see any improvements with the team, system and tactics. I don't mind losing if the signs are going in the right direction, but I don't see much difference from the first couple of games under his management.

The first half display today was enough to put off 3,000 season ticket holders from renewing for next season.
Login to get fewer ads

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:37 - Dec 29 with 1620 viewsexiledclaseboy

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:32 - Dec 29 by Jackfath

Nor me. I don’t expect any new additions.

Poll: Tory leader

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:40 - Dec 29 with 1598 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:36 - Dec 29 by trinityann

I think the possibility of sacking Potter is a long way off at the moment. But I don't see any improvements with the team, system and tactics. I don't mind losing if the signs are going in the right direction, but I don't see much difference from the first couple of games under his management.

The first half display today was enough to put off 3,000 season ticket holders from renewing for next season.

That's when the pain will start in earnest for some, no doubt.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:42 - Dec 29 with 1576 viewsCooperman

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:37 - Dec 29 by exiledclaseboy

Nor me. I don’t expect any new additions.

Me three.

Only outgoings as a means of reducing the wage bill but that’s assuming that we can shift them.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:46 - Dec 29 with 1546 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Just hope he starts with the team that started the second half or the 11 that finished the game

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:46 - Dec 29 with 1546 viewstreboeth1966

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:40 - Dec 29 by Brynmill_Jack

That's when the pain will start in earnest for some, no doubt.

Never heard so much rubbish . Its depressing to read this nonsense. Give Potter 2 / 3 seasons. Surely we must see the hand he has been dealt . ?
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:48 - Dec 29 with 1530 viewsdobjack2

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:31 - Dec 29 by Brynmill_Jack

I agree, also our current experienced pros do not appear to be providing leadership on the pitch for whatever reason be it injury, knowing they are not wanted, not getting a new contract, not being picked etc.

The right loan players would do for this season
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:51 - Dec 29 with 1507 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:46 - Dec 29 by treboeth1966

Never heard so much rubbish . Its depressing to read this nonsense. Give Potter 2 / 3 seasons. Surely we must see the hand he has been dealt . ?

Read my previous posts before commenting - or take a crash course in comprehension. FFS

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:52 - Dec 29 with 1496 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:46 - Dec 29 by treboeth1966

Just for clarification - I'm referring to Jenkins and the yanks. Mutton head

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:53 - Dec 29 with 1490 viewsCooperman

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:48 - Dec 29 by dobjack2

I agree, also our current experienced pros do not appear to be providing leadership on the pitch for whatever reason be it injury, knowing they are not wanted, not getting a new contract, not being picked etc.

Good point re leadership - did anyone else notice the body language at the kick off following their second goal? There wasn’t one single instance of a player atttempting to restore order. Complete and utter shell shock. Thankfully we didn’t succumb to their good chance of a third goal.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:56 - Dec 29 with 1470 viewsunion_jack

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:17 - Dec 29 by Landore_Jack

GRAHAM POTTER APOLOGISED TO HIS PLAYERS AND THE JACK ARMY AS HE TOOK "FULL RESPONSIBILITY" FOR SWANSEA CITY'S FIRST-HALF PERFORMANCE IN THEIR 2-2 DRAW WITH WIGAN.

Swans manager Potter admitted his side had been below-par during the first half, but said the responsibility for the manner of the display lay solely with him.

"My reaction is one of disappointment with myself for the first half," said Potter.

"I take full responsibility for the first half, we were not able to be ourselves and it was an uncomfortable 45 minutes.

"Clearly we had an idea, but it did not work or I was unable to explain the idea well enough and, in fairness, Wigan did what they did well.

"So I am disappointed with myself first off and I apologise to the players and I apologise to the supporters for the first half."

All well and good but this isn't the beginning of the season. He must know what our best formation is by now even if the personnel need to change around. Today was out of the blue with absolutely none of the players according to Ian Walsh having a clue what they were doing.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:56 - Dec 29 with 1468 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:48 - Dec 29 by dobjack2

Exactly. I think Potter's patience with a lackadaisical and ego prone Fer has run out and we are desperately short of options. Two good loan midfielders will surely bring the best out of our younger players.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:59 - Dec 29 with 1444 viewsJackfath

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:53 - Dec 29 by Cooperman

Good point re leadership - did anyone else notice the body language at the kick off following their second goal? There wasn’t one single instance of a player atttempting to restore order. Complete and utter shell shock. Thankfully we didn’t succumb to their good chance of a third goal.

I would have also liked to have seen a captain running in after the first half whistle and telling his troops to get in there damn sharpish. They ambled off which didn't show anyone they cared.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:02 - Dec 29 with 1432 viewsCooperman

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:59 - Dec 29 by Jackfath

I would have also liked to have seen a captain running in after the first half whistle and telling his troops to get in there damn sharpish. They ambled off which didn't show anyone they cared.

I agree.

Or another option is that they were frightened - fright caused by the inability to adopt their coaches master tactic.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:08 - Dec 29 with 1395 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:21 - Dec 29 by exiledclaseboy

Just for the record, I think sacking Potter would be complete madness.

F*cking right it would.

He f*cked up badly today, don’t know what was going through his head, but on the whole he’s been excellent. My biggest criticism of him today, is not his team, which was awful granted, but exposing Cian Harries like he did, he was well out of his depth and for a youngster that would’ve been an awful experience for him today.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:12 - Dec 29 with 1371 viewsCooperman

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:08 - Dec 29 by 34dfgdf54

F*cking right it would.

He f*cked up badly today, don’t know what was going through his head, but on the whole he’s been excellent. My biggest criticism of him today, is not his team, which was awful granted, but exposing Cian Harries like he did, he was well out of his depth and for a youngster that would’ve been an awful experience for him today.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say he’s been excellent. I rated him 7 out of 10 on another thread a few days back and he did nothing today that would enhance that score.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:15 - Dec 29 with 1354 viewsmonmouth

I'm trying not to over-react, as who the hell except our manager could not see the starting line up was just laughable?

BUT...his job this season is stabilising a club that is definitely on a knife edge, on the pitch, in the stands and in the boardroom (not just the parasitic c*nts that should be long gone, but where the f*ck are the Trust again?). So far he's done ok. Pick the best available team for every match and I think he would be doing a lot better. It worries me that he just is not getting it, and there will be another (necessary) shedload of changes for Reading.

Getting rid now would be insanity for my money, for all his weaknesses. JUST PICK YOUR BEST TEAM AND LET THE BASTARDS JELLY!!!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:17 - Dec 29 with 1335 viewsvalleyboy

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:30 - Dec 29 by A_Fans_Dad

Has it occurred to you that playing this so called “Swansea way” is the problem

You can play all this pretty possession football as much as you want and even say that the Swans were the best footballing team on the pitch, but what counts is winning the bloody game

What’s needed more than playing this pretty, pretty football in your own half and try getting more possession of the ball inside the last third of the pitch

Perhaps the Swans need to look at best footballing side that’s been to the Liberty this season Norwich and see if they can learn something from the way they play and dump this so called “Swansea way”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024