Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter deserves all the stick in the world 17:06 - Dec 29 with 29476 views_

Once again, absolutely shocking team selection.

A one man wrecking ball.

Potter SORT IT OUT.....!!!

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:18 - Dec 29 with 1346 viewsjasper_T

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:09 - Dec 29 by valleyboy

Bony’s wages £8 million??? That equates to nearly £154k per week

Bony is actually on £80k per week from Swansea

With a further £30 coming from Man City

That is nearl £4 million a year less than you stated

I didn't do the maths I went from memory which was obviously wrong, yeah.

So £4m, maybe £4.5m off the books for him (I've got him down as £90k/week from us). Fer, Routledge, Narsingh, Olsson all on a fair wedge. vdH a relatively low earner. A few u23s players. Not enough to make up for the drop in TV income on its own.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:19 - Dec 29 with 1341 viewsvalleyboy

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 21:33 - Dec 29 by Uxbridge

We have an unbalanced squad lacking quality in many areas and lacking leadership. Potter's done well to get a tune at all given the hand he's been dealt. Clearly today his initial team selection jumped the wrong side of the genius/insanity line, but he's got us some decent results from doing similar unconventional things.

This season is all about stability. We needed to rediscover our footballing identity, needed to rebuild the squad from the ground up after years of mismanagement and neither of those things are quick. We also, above all else, need stability and to give someone the job for a period of time to bring in what we want without ripping it up and starting again, which is pretty much what we've done every December for the last few years ... and just look how that's gone.

Sacking him now would be utter madness IMO. He's made mistakes but he's also made excellent decisions. Get rid, and who do you replace him with? All you do is set things back a few months, possibly more. We're comfortably mid-table which, given what has gone before, is pretty good.

So do you trust Potter to bring in the players that Swansea needs???

If he has agreed, or only if just accepted that the likes of Asoro, McKay and Vicker-Carter were the players to hve already been brought in

Start looking down the table I will say to you
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:20 - Dec 29 with 1339 viewsUxbridge

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:12 - Dec 29 by A_Fans_Dad

"This season is all about stability. "

But that obviously does not apply to the Managers decisions does it?
They are anything but Stable.
We started with a certain bunch of players this season and apart from Olsson, who was in and out of the team, we have the same players available now.
So up until November the 10th we had Won 7, Drawn 5 and lost 6
Since then we have Won 2, Drawn 1 and lost 5.
So what has changed?

Form, fixture list, youngsters struggling to cope with the demands of a first professional season etc. Take your pick.

It's a season of transition. Changing the management now would be massively counterproductive imo.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:24 - Dec 29 with 1323 viewsjasper_T

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:11 - Dec 29 by TailGunner

We were top 6 according to you not long ago

We are as weak as most predicted. And those who have stepped up the academy are doing their best but now starting to struggle.

You will of course reverse and blame the manager for all.

Beep beep beep

With a win today and at Rotherham we'd be 7/8th, right in contention for the playoff spots, where I think we should be. A few less dodgy starting lineups earlier in the season (and Joe Allen's goal ruled out) and who knows?

Potter took the blame for today, not sure why you feel differently to be honest.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:25 - Dec 29 with 1316 viewsUxbridge

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:19 - Dec 29 by valleyboy

If he has agreed, or only if just accepted that the likes of Asoro, McKay and Vicker-Carter were the players to hve already been brought in

It's not Potter bringing in the players is it though. Mcauley is the recruitment chap isn't he.

It's early days. Can't say any of those three have pulled up trees but all have played a part. Asoro has been a disappointment to date, but we'll see. I like Celina though, occasional brain fart aside.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:25 - Dec 29 with 1313 viewsTailGunner

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:19 - Dec 29 by valleyboy

Nearly there Haydn. Nearly full swing to turning against the manager you backed days ago. .I laugh.

Remember when you thought that Martinez job should have gone to Russell Slade?

Remember when you thought we should have signed Willie Boland instead of Pratley??

The old SCFC site.

Always been a clueless tart
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:29 - Dec 29 with 1284 viewsjasper_T

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:25 - Dec 29 by Uxbridge

It's not Potter bringing in the players is it though. Mcauley is the recruitment chap isn't he.

It's early days. Can't say any of those three have pulled up trees but all have played a part. Asoro has been a disappointment to date, but we'll see. I like Celina though, occasional brain fart aside.

Macaulay is Potter's man, and he doesn't hold the chequebook.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:30 - Dec 29 with 1276 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:24 - Dec 29 by jasper_T

With a win today and at Rotherham we'd be 7/8th, right in contention for the playoff spots, where I think we should be. A few less dodgy starting lineups earlier in the season (and Joe Allen's goal ruled out) and who knows?

Potter took the blame for today, not sure why you feel differently to be honest.

Yeah he took the blame today, and rightly so, he can also take a hell of a lot of credit to how he got this squad anywhere near in contention for a play off place.
Login to get fewer ads

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:31 - Dec 29 with 1274 viewswestside

Potter waits until we've conceded a couple of goals before he makes changes.

He needs to be more dynamic.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:34 - Dec 29 with 1263 viewsUxbridge

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:29 - Dec 29 by jasper_T

Macaulay is Potter's man, and he doesn't hold the chequebook.

There is that. I do think recruitment was more coherent this summer though in terms of the types of players we brought in. All a work in progress though, but then I didn't expect our problems to be resolved in one window.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:36 - Dec 29 with 1255 viewsDrGonzo

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:04 - Dec 29 by jasper_T

"Raped"? We're no worse off than most in the division. Probably better than average for long term injury losses.

Sorry but I'll not tow the party line on this. Our best players were sold and the owners are to prepared to risk playing our youngsters. So it looks like we have to accept that.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:40 - Dec 29 with 1234 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:36 - Dec 29 by DrGonzo

Sorry but I'll not tow the party line on this. Our best players were sold and the owners are to prepared to risk playing our youngsters. So it looks like we have to accept that.

What I don’t understand about his whole episode, is that everyone knows our best players were sold, everyone pretty much accepted it needed to happen, but we still expected immediate success... what’s the saying? Can’t have your cake and eat it.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:40 - Dec 29 with 1234 viewsjasper_T

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:36 - Dec 29 by DrGonzo

The kids have looked the part. Our bench was very strong today. We had the players available to win the game comfortably, even with two regulars rested.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:41 - Dec 29 with 1232 views_

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:10 - Dec 29 by exiledclaseboy

Routledge played the first half at full back while Naughton sat on the bench. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. No idea what was going through Potter’s mind when he hit upon that starting XI.

Maybe sometimes people need to hear it from the centre ground and not the extremists

But the message is the same.

He facked up, miserably.

And he's done it over and over and over again

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:42 - Dec 29 with 1226 views_

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:11 - Dec 29 by Loyal

Wasting your time mate. This thread his designed to shout down supporters of Swansea City, if this club and it's supposed supporters don't stand by the manager this season we will be in free fall to league one. Potter has done miraculous things given the tools he has by the tools in charge.

You're a bit out of touch mate, no matter how edgy you want to be.

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:44 - Dec 29 with 1218 views_

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:12 - Dec 29 by thornabyswan

FA Cup runs don't last 7 seasons.
And include 3 promotions.

3 promotions from where FFS?? Are you being serious now?

Are you trying to upscale the Swedish lower leagues into some sort of defence for some warped, nonsensical tactics?

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:47 - Dec 29 with 1196 views_

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 18:17 - Dec 29 by Landore_Jack

GRAHAM POTTER APOLOGISED TO HIS PLAYERS AND THE JACK ARMY AS HE TOOK "FULL RESPONSIBILITY" FOR SWANSEA CITY'S FIRST-HALF PERFORMANCE IN THEIR 2-2 DRAW WITH WIGAN.

Swans manager Potter admitted his side had been below-par during the first half, but said the responsibility for the manner of the display lay solely with him.

"My reaction is one of disappointment with myself for the first half," said Potter.

"I take full responsibility for the first half, we were not able to be ourselves and it was an uncomfortable 45 minutes.

"Clearly we had an idea, but it did not work or I was unable to explain the idea well enough and, in fairness, Wigan did what they did well.

"So I am disappointed with myself first off and I apologise to the players and I apologise to the supporters for the first half."

Too facking right and what he's said there is the bare minimum.

But the problem is this is the first, second, third or fourth etc time mate.

It's over and over again....

Time to park up the experimental shit and get on with the real job of getting very capable players play to their full potential in positions they know what they're doing in....

And do it facking now....

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:54 - Dec 29 with 1171 views_

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 19:08 - Dec 29 by 34dfgdf54

F*cking right it would.

He f*cked up badly today, don’t know what was going through his head, but on the whole he’s been excellent. My biggest criticism of him today, is not his team, which was awful granted, but exposing Cian Harries like he did, he was well out of his depth and for a youngster that would’ve been an awful experience for him today.

How many times are you going to make excuses for him though, when this has been pointed out to you over and over again?

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:57 - Dec 29 with 1153 viewsZaxx

Agree with the OP that it was a poor team selection from the get go...
But, there really are extenuating circumstances. The guy is picking the team from a selection of crocks, youngsters and a serious lack of physical players more suited to the league we're playing in.

As a club we are clearly trying to find an equilibrium, a balance between resting players who are mentally or physically fatigued and finding a winning combination. Anyone who has managed or coached junior teams (which we are almost akin to) will understand the difficulties that the circumstances pose, maybe.. ?

Potter's fault?
Nah. Not for me, no way. Never byth!

Sure, Potter is trying to construct a silk purse from a sow's ear and is often expecting more than can be expected from many of the players. Perhaps putting too much trust or responsibility on inexperienced, fatigued or lazy shoulders but seriously, has he got the squad he wants yet?

Team selection or trust, which is it?
Perhaps he's starting to find out what a wreckage of a squad he's inherited?
Perhaps he knows that already and is trying to find a balance and is giving players a chance to show what they've got, willing them to perform, probably hoping that their professional pride will at least provide some recovery time to the lads that need it.

If I was picking the team, I wouldn't go with his choices about 75% of the time tbh but give the guy his due, he's resting a few lads that obviously need it. The guy has a human touch which many on here won't understand as they've never managed a football team of young players. Can't say I back the guy 100% with his team selection but no, I don't believe for one second that he is a wrecking ball. Far from it.

You want instant success? Instant return to the PL, to be competitive there without paying huge wages to a succession of mediocre journey-men players? To continue to be mismanaged by an incompetent director of football?

If you do, call for his head then. Stop singing Graham Potter's Barmy army. Ask for a Pulis or a Warnock (omg!). Maybe they'll give you the blood and thunder that you want but IMO it won't last, neither will any of the youngsters.

Get behind the team, especially the youngsters. Give them a break, clap them and cheer them on and if the fcuk up, clap them and say unlucky son. Go again.

No. Potter seems like a patient man. Our club is dysfunctional right now and it's going to take someone like Potter to nurture players through.
I'd love it if we were in a position to employ another Laudrup and give him the freedom of an open cheque to take us to "the next level", but many in this club who are in a far higher position than humble supporters like us has ensured that it won't be happening. Not today, not tomorrow, not next season either.

I just hope that us genuine football and Swansea City supporters will continue to make our voices heard and encourage our under-strength squad to develop against the odds and enjoy their match days.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:57 - Dec 29 with 1154 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:54 - Dec 29 by _

How many times are you going to make excuses for him though, when this has been pointed out to you over and over again?

Today was awful. I’ve said that.

I just don’t get where you’re coming from mate. You was on here a few weeks ago hailing Jenkins for the appointment, now you have turned against Potter, should Jenkins also now take responsibility? He hired him. You didn’t answer my question first time around.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:57 - Dec 29 with 1153 viewsdobjack2

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 22:41 - Dec 29 by _

Maybe sometimes people need to hear it from the centre ground and not the extremists

But the message is the same.

He facked up, miserably.

And he's done it over and over and over again

Centre ground - that’s never your style.

We tried a different formation today, potentially more attacking. We must have worked on it on the training pitch, however when we tried to put it into practice against real opponents it went horribly wrong. Clearly the players weren’t ready for whatever reason. Manager rightly takes blame.

Under Martinez we changed formation when necessary and it made us harder to play against. I’m not happy the first half was a disaster but I am happy that we are looking to develop as a team and tactically rather than just be a play by numbers identikit team.

This is part of building for the future though we could do with a stronger backbone and leadership in the centre of the park now.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 23:00 - Dec 29 with 1141 viewsDrGonzo

And you can say that Potter made mistakes today and say at the same time that he's been woefully supported by the board.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 23:03 - Dec 29 with 1131 viewsdickythorpe

The facking league table will turn against Potter before long!!!!!
Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 23:10 - Dec 29 with 1114 viewsexiledclaseboy

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 23:00 - Dec 29 by DrGonzo

And you can say that Potter made mistakes today and say at the same time that he's been woefully supported by the board.

You can say both of those things and you’d be absolutely bang on.

Poll: Tory leader

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 23:13 - Dec 29 with 1092 viewsDarran

Potter deserves all the stick in the world on 23:10 - Dec 29 by exiledclaseboy

You can say both of those things and you’d be absolutely bang on.

Some people can’t.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024