Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 140305 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:40 - Sep 14 with 1793 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:59 - Sep 13 by A_Fans_Dad

"Lot's of nhs staff died whilst most prob wearing proper medical n95 masks"
One description describes it "Viral Load", spending 8 to 12 hours a day with very ill patients.
Another word also clarifies it "susceptibility", very many were BAME.

Staff weren't wearing ppe for 12 hours a day. They would they don up when they had to go to give care or treatment etc to a patient.They would then go back to their stations or rest rooms and undress etc.

The transmissions could possibly have occurred during these times and were passed from staff to staff rather than from the patients
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:10 - Sep 14 with 1756 viewsJack123

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:25 - Sep 14 by Catullus

Good post. The last thing to do is panic. Social media has a lot to answer for with all the lies that get spread, lets face it, if a friend posts something we are quite liable to believe it at first sight unless we already know better. When they post something they consider a credible source we see all kinds of nonsense, including rumours that Covid-19 is a myth,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-newport-lewis-barton-c

We know it's not a myth, we lost a friend to it and another friend, a nurse in Morriston, was very ill with it.

Sorry to hear that about your friends.

I must admit it made me feel better listening to the people who say it's hyped and a load of rubbish, although I remember at the start of this i read that once the death rate drops, they will focus on hyping up the cases, which they have done, like in the Uk lots of new cases low deaths.. I thought yes more bs, but now I'm looking at France and Spain, and the people in hospital in a serious/critical condition is very high, 712 in France, and 1,157 in Spain..

libera nos a malo

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:35 - Sep 14 with 1741 viewsDJack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:10 - Sep 14 by Jack123

Sorry to hear that about your friends.

I must admit it made me feel better listening to the people who say it's hyped and a load of rubbish, although I remember at the start of this i read that once the death rate drops, they will focus on hyping up the cases, which they have done, like in the Uk lots of new cases low deaths.. I thought yes more bs, but now I'm looking at France and Spain, and the people in hospital in a serious/critical condition is very high, 712 in France, and 1,157 in Spain..

A hyped myth...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54151281

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:00 - Sep 15 with 1690 viewsAndy1300

The lockdown rules make no sense, completely different in every country.

If we are supposed to be fighting the same virus, shouldn’t we have same measures?

What are the measures?
In Marseille and the Bouches-du-Rhône until 1 October:
Large-scale gatherings for the public limited to 1,000 seated people, with minimum one-metre (3ft) distance
Student parties banned and school outings suspended
No private meetings of more than 10 people, including on beaches and in parks, in high-risk areas
Masks compulsory in 27 high-risk areas in the department from 06:00 (04:00 GMT) to 02:00 (00:00 GMT), except in large outdoor areas
Very similar measures were introduced for Bordeaux, including the 1,000 limit on large-scale gatherings and 10-person limit on private meetings.

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:04 - Sep 15 with 1659 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:00 - Sep 15 by Andy1300

If we are supposed to be fighting the same virus, shouldn’t we have same measures?

What are the measures?
Large-scale gatherings for the public limited to 1,000 seated people, with minimum one-metre (3ft) distance
No private meetings of more than 10 people, including on beaches and in parks, in high-risk areas
Masks compulsory in 27 high-risk areas in the department from 06:00 (04:00 GMT) to 02:00 (00:00 GMT), except in large outdoor areas
Very similar measures were introduced for Bordeaux, including the 1,000 limit on large-scale gatherings and 10-person limit on private meetings.

The rules are different in the home countries, because nobody trusts Boris or the clowns in Westminster.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:08 - Sep 15 with 1658 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:00 - Sep 15 by Andy1300

What are the measures?

Each country has its own rules. Those are extremely lax. Maybe that is why there have been so many cases. Those with the most stringent rules have had fewest cases. Maybe there is a lesson there which is totally different to your thoughts.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:22 - Sep 15 with 1636 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:40 - Sep 14 by controversial_jack

Staff weren't wearing ppe for 12 hours a day. They would they don up when they had to go to give care or treatment etc to a patient.They would then go back to their stations or rest rooms and undress etc.

The transmissions could possibly have occurred during these times and were passed from staff to staff rather than from the patients

You think that at the height of the pandemic they went to one patient and then back to their stations or rest rooms?
OK.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:15 - Sep 15 with 1628 viewsProfessor

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:22 - Sep 15 by A_Fans_Dad

You think that at the height of the pandemic they went to one patient and then back to their stations or rest rooms?
OK.

You are spot on. They clearly did not-and the lack of PPE meant that it was frequently worn throughout a shift. The depth of marking on healthcare workers from masks is from one worn for hours at a time. From personal experience you only get those from wearing for more than 3-4 hours at a time.
Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:34 - Sep 15 with 1624 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:15 - Sep 15 by Professor

You are spot on. They clearly did not-and the lack of PPE meant that it was frequently worn throughout a shift. The depth of marking on healthcare workers from masks is from one worn for hours at a time. From personal experience you only get those from wearing for more than 3-4 hours at a time.

It was so bad in the US that nursing staff were spraying their masks with Lysol at the end of their shift and wearing it again on the next.
The western nations really were caught napping, apart from maybe Germany.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:38 - Sep 15 with 1621 viewsProfessor

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:34 - Sep 15 by A_Fans_Dad

It was so bad in the US that nursing staff were spraying their masks with Lysol at the end of their shift and wearing it again on the next.

Germany was an exception as maintained its stocks for pandemic preparedness. Also a strong independent Public Health body (which HPA was) rather than part of a government department. CDC and PHE only ever considered pandemic flu, which was a bit naive given the likelihood of a novel virus from animals given ebola and HIV in the last 50 or so years.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:41 - Sep 15 with 1581 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:38 - Sep 15 by Professor

Germany was an exception as maintained its stocks for pandemic preparedness. Also a strong independent Public Health body (which HPA was) rather than part of a government department. CDC and PHE only ever considered pandemic flu, which was a bit naive given the likelihood of a novel virus from animals given ebola and HIV in the last 50 or so years.

Not to mention SARS & MERS.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:45 - Sep 15 with 1553 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:34 - Sep 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Medical staff in Morriston, were taking in bin liners to act as body coverings as no aprons were available.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:57 - Sep 16 with 1511 viewsProfessor

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:41 - Sep 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Not to mention SARS & MERS.

MERS is a bit of a red herring. Very restricted and poorly transmissible. However if you consider the virulence of SARS CoV1 and the transmission rate of SARS CoV2 you may begin to wonder if we have escaped lightly. Lessons need to be learned
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:52 - Sep 16 with 1477 viewsexhmrc1

Some of the hysterical reaction, talking of National lockdown and bringing in the mask rule in Wales is totally over the top.

Yesterday's figures which were for tests done before the mask rule was introduced showed 5 council areas in South and West Wales didnt have any new cases, a further 2 had 1 case each and 2 had 2 each. 6 cases across 9 local authorities. Only Carmarthenshire in West Wales had any new cases. 2 cases between Port Talbot and Pembroke. How is the wearing of masks going to improve on the nil cases in Swansea, Neath Port Talbot, Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion.

It is time for the authorities to address the areas of concern and face up that without masks there has been very few cases in large parts of Wales. Talk of a National lockdown is way off the mark.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:26 - Sep 16 with 1457 viewscontroversial_jack

In the Netherlands, they are finding that most of the new cases - and they have had a lot lately, seems to be coming from schools, but with over 70s - their grandparents cases doubling recently. It's what we can expect here in 2 to 3 weeks
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:34 - Sep 16 with 1429 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:52 - Sep 16 by exhmrc1

Some of the hysterical reaction, talking of National lockdown and bringing in the mask rule in Wales is totally over the top.

Yesterday's figures which were for tests done before the mask rule was introduced showed 5 council areas in South and West Wales didnt have any new cases, a further 2 had 1 case each and 2 had 2 each. 6 cases across 9 local authorities. Only Carmarthenshire in West Wales had any new cases. 2 cases between Port Talbot and Pembroke. How is the wearing of masks going to improve on the nil cases in Swansea, Neath Port Talbot, Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion.

It is time for the authorities to address the areas of concern and face up that without masks there has been very few cases in large parts of Wales. Talk of a National lockdown is way off the mark.

199 cases yesterday and 2% of those tested were positive.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 15:39 - Sep 16 with 1435 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:22 - Sep 15 by A_Fans_Dad

OK.

Yes, that's what they basically did when a particular patient wanted personal care.The wards are very warm places and they couldn't keep the full kit on for too long There's a recommended time limit for the masks too.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:46 - Sep 16 with 1416 viewsmajorraglan

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:26 - Sep 16 by controversial_jack

In the Netherlands, they are finding that most of the new cases - and they have had a lot lately, seems to be coming from schools, but with over 70s - their grandparents cases doubling recently. It's what we can expect here in 2 to 3 weeks

This is what I thought would happen. Lots of families rely on grandparents for child care. Kids could be asymptomatic and inadvertently transmit to their parents and grandparents who are potentially most vulnerable. There needs to be strong educational messages around the risk, increased awareness so those potentially at risk can take precautions because we can’t just close down forever. A common sense approach based on caution.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:52 - Sep 16 with 1411 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:46 - Sep 16 by majorraglan

This is what I thought would happen. Lots of families rely on grandparents for child care. Kids could be asymptomatic and inadvertently transmit to their parents and grandparents who are potentially most vulnerable. There needs to be strong educational messages around the risk, increased awareness so those potentially at risk can take precautions because we can’t just close down forever. A common sense approach based on caution.

This is all coming from the kids who weren't supposed to be susceptible to this. I believe it's mostly older kids though
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:07 - Sep 16 with 1392 viewsCatullus

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:52 - Sep 16 by controversial_jack

This is all coming from the kids who weren't supposed to be susceptible to this. I believe it's mostly older kids though

My son is 11 and in Comp, I am in the high risk category. I'll let you know if I have symptoms!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:16 - Sep 16 with 1369 viewsexhmrc1

There was a student in Dunvant primary yesterday and a 6th former in Olchfa today.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 00:32 - Sep 17 with 1331 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:07 - Sep 16 by Catullus

My son is 11 and in Comp, I am in the high risk category. I'll let you know if I have symptoms!

I have 2 grand kids in school
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:28 - Sep 17 with 1297 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:52 - Sep 16 by controversial_jack

Where is the evidence of onward transmission?

I'm sure there are positive cases in schools but there don't seem to be clusters that have developed outside of a school but started from a school.

It seems to me to be young adults not socially distancing.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 7:36]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:07 - Sep 17 with 1291 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:28 - Sep 17 by Scotia

Where is the evidence of onward transmission?

I'm sure there are positive cases in schools but there don't seem to be clusters that have developed outside of a school but started from a school.

It seems to me to be young adults not socially distancing.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 7:36]

Not just young adults. Also people bringing it back from abroad. That is where many have come from and also people going on trips to Doncaster races probably older people.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:08 - Sep 17 with 1281 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:07 - Sep 17 by exhmrc1

Not just young adults. Also people bringing it back from abroad. That is where many have come from and also people going on trips to Doncaster races probably older people.

We've been here before. There is a lower rate in many parts of Europe than the UK - I said at the time this could easily be caused by a sports tour in the UK as it is pretty clear that the virus "brought back" from abroad was contracted from a fellow brit.

We can't prevent travel in the UK long term.

I've got a couple of questions.

What enforcement has been taken against the coach company, assuming the club weren't socially distanced and not wearing masks?

What enforcement has been taken against the rugby club?

How many pubs in RCT have been shut for not getting customers to socially distance?

Other than that WG seem to be doing ok at managing local lockdowns, although why they haven't taken a harder line on pubs is beyond me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024