Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets on Sunday 19:31 - Feb 24 with 282516 viewsEllDale

They’re tweeting that their “matchday operations” are being restricted for the home game against Barrow on Sunday for reasons that they don’t want to divulge at the moment.
The bottom line is that the crowd capacity is limited to 920 and there will be no cash admissions on the day.
Wonder what that’s all about?
Hornets on Sunday on 20:53 - Sep 17 with 5629 viewsIOMDale

Credit where it’s due, great win for Hornets at North Wales Crusaders to keep their season alive.

Edit: Thought they’d reached the final but there’s another semi final eliminator to go.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2022 20:55]
Hornets on Sunday on 11:39 - Sep 20 with 5075 viewsDalenet

Hornets have just announced their 2023 sponsorship brochure - lots of options including the option for stadium board advertising, scoreboard advertising, Boardroom hire, box facilities as well as the usual match and shirt sponsorship options. Doesn't sound like the mischievous and unhappy Mazey is that keen to move to a different stadium where he'd have to pay the cost of running it afterall.
Hornets on Sunday on 11:53 - Sep 20 with 5085 viewsEllDale

I'm sure I saw a Tweet of Andy Mazey's last week where he said he was looking forward to working with Dale at the COA next year.
Like you, he seems to have become conciliatory all of a sudden.
Hornets on Sunday on 12:25 - Sep 20 with 5010 viewskel

Anybody else see that photo where the players and backroom staff were celebrating and Mazey had to get in like one of the lads?

Cringeworthy.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2022 12:29]
Hornets on Sunday on 14:16 - Sep 20 with 4900 viewsEllDale

Not sure what they're celebrating so madly? They've still to win two away games to gain promotion.
Hornets on Sunday on 20:03 - Sep 20 with 4668 viewsnordenblue

Hornets on Sunday on 11:53 - Sep 20 by EllDale

I'm sure I saw a Tweet of Andy Mazey's last week where he said he was looking forward to working with Dale at the COA next year.
Like you, he seems to have become conciliatory all of a sudden.

Probably because he realises there's fook all other options available to the club, well not without paying a proper amount for the facilities at least.
Hornets on Sunday on 12:07 - Sep 24 with 4287 viewsHullDale

Hornets on Sunday on 17:35 - Sep 24 with 4074 viewspioneer

Hornets on Sunday on 12:07 - Sep 24 by HullDale

Good to see from him.

Would be nice to think this is a small but important step towards a new attitude on all sides
Login to get fewer ads

Hornets on Sunday on 20:40 - Sep 24 with 3944 viewsblackdogblue

Only “step” I would like to see is Doncaster winning tomorrow & them gone tbh…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Hornets on Sunday on 16:23 - Sep 25 with 3536 viewsBigKindo

Latest score Donny 36 Hornets 4
Hornets on Sunday on 16:50 - Sep 25 with 3495 viewsBigKindo

Finished 52 20.
Hornets on Sunday on 16:51 - Sep 25 with 3493 viewskel

Never mind, pioneer - Dale had a great win.
Hornets on Sunday on 17:16 - Sep 25 with 3453 viewsEllDale

And so Hornets’ season peters out.
Ok, so they won a couple of playoff games but a team with their apparent ambition shouldn’t be finishing fifth in this division.
Be interesting to see what the RFL announce soon about the future structuring of the professional game.
A nugget of information I heard this week may explain their chairman’s recent conciliatory tone; any club with any aspirations towards a place in the chosen few in 2024 needs to meet certain minimum standards especially relating to facilities. And those facilities have to place now, not in someone’s imagination or on a drawing board. A team will also need to either own their own ground or have a long term agreement in place to use it.
And those minimum standards would exclude Mayfield and Balderstone Park for example.
But Spotland meets all the required standards.
Hornets on Sunday on 18:44 - Sep 25 with 3332 viewsnordenblue

Hornets on Sunday on 17:16 - Sep 25 by EllDale

And so Hornets’ season peters out.
Ok, so they won a couple of playoff games but a team with their apparent ambition shouldn’t be finishing fifth in this division.
Be interesting to see what the RFL announce soon about the future structuring of the professional game.
A nugget of information I heard this week may explain their chairman’s recent conciliatory tone; any club with any aspirations towards a place in the chosen few in 2024 needs to meet certain minimum standards especially relating to facilities. And those facilities have to place now, not in someone’s imagination or on a drawing board. A team will also need to either own their own ground or have a long term agreement in place to use it.
And those minimum standards would exclude Mayfield and Balderstone Park for example.
But Spotland meets all the required standards.

Yep no surprise he's now clinging to things and stopped the misguided insults, today's result is just the icing on a perfect sporting weekend....
Always next year hornets, keep chucking money at silly expensive short term loan signings, that should do the team sprint the world of good 👍
Hornets on Sunday on 19:10 - Sep 25 with 3259 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 18:44 - Sep 25 by nordenblue

Yep no surprise he's now clinging to things and stopped the misguided insults, today's result is just the icing on a perfect sporting weekend....
Always next year hornets, keep chucking money at silly expensive short term loan signings, that should do the team sprint the world of good 👍

I’ve already had one of them telling me on Twitter that he’ll “see me this season” 😂. Looks likes they can’t take a bit of what they dish out back.
Hornets on Sunday on 19:24 - Sep 25 with 3217 viewsRAFCBLUE

The rhetoric is already changing; if you listen to the below from last week there is an admittance that Rochdale Hornets been one of the higher budgets in the league but on the attendances to match.

It sounds like they will have a cheaper, younger squad next year but with the same aspirations of getting out of League 1.

Last 10 minutes are the bit to watch:

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Hornets on Sunday on 20:30 - Sep 25 with 3107 viewsEllDale

The appointment of a new assistant coach the other week who has extensive connections in youth and junior rugby league in the Widnes/Warrington areas suggests the possible swing in recruitment policy from seasoned, but expensive, professionals to untried youngsters.
Andy Mazey himself has similar contacts in the Leigh/Wigan areas.
The main talent pool in the Rochdale and Oldham areas is at Hopwood Hall but there maybe a problem in tapping into this source bearing in mind that the coach there is a certain Matt Calland.
Hornets on Sunday on 20:32 - Sep 25 with 3097 viewsnordenblue

Hornets on Sunday on 20:30 - Sep 25 by EllDale

The appointment of a new assistant coach the other week who has extensive connections in youth and junior rugby league in the Widnes/Warrington areas suggests the possible swing in recruitment policy from seasoned, but expensive, professionals to untried youngsters.
Andy Mazey himself has similar contacts in the Leigh/Wigan areas.
The main talent pool in the Rochdale and Oldham areas is at Hopwood Hall but there maybe a problem in tapping into this source bearing in mind that the coach there is a certain Matt Calland.

I'm sure Matt will be more than happy to help Mr Mazey...
Hornets on Sunday on 21:23 - Sep 25 with 3006 viewspioneer

Hornets on Sunday on 16:51 - Sep 25 by kel

Never mind, pioneer - Dale had a great win.

Yes, a long time coming but hopefully the first of many.
Hornets on Sunday on 05:23 - Sep 26 with 2808 viewshammerdale

Well let's hope they dont make it a Donny double next weekend, glad you enjoyed your perfect weekend.
Hornets on Sunday on 08:16 - Sep 26 with 2707 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 05:23 - Sep 26 by hammerdale

Well let's hope they dont make it a Donny double next weekend, glad you enjoyed your perfect weekend.

To be fair (and I know from experience you’re a good bloke for a Hornets fan 😉) he’s probably enjoying it as much as the rest of us who saw comments from many Hornets fans on Twitter when we had the legal stuff hanging over us. One in particular was gloating to high heaven about it so it’s only right they get some back.

Unfortunately some of them deem it acceptable to start throwing threats around when they’re reminded of their many digs at the football club. Petty I know, but they shouldn’t dish it out if they can’t take it back.
Hornets on Sunday on 09:34 - Sep 26 with 2603 viewshammerdale

Hornets on Sunday on 08:16 - Sep 26 by kel

To be fair (and I know from experience you’re a good bloke for a Hornets fan 😉) he’s probably enjoying it as much as the rest of us who saw comments from many Hornets fans on Twitter when we had the legal stuff hanging over us. One in particular was gloating to high heaven about it so it’s only right they get some back.

Unfortunately some of them deem it acceptable to start throwing threats around when they’re reminded of their many digs at the football club. Petty I know, but they shouldn’t dish it out if they can’t take it back.

Yes and probably those folk would love to see Dale relegated, just glad I'm not one of them.
Hornets on Sunday on 12:20 - Sep 26 with 2434 viewsnordenblue

Hornets on Sunday on 05:23 - Sep 26 by hammerdale

Indeed I'd take a draw now.

Thanks, couldn't have been any better,nice meal out in Manchester first, celebrations for a wedding anniversary then a family function straight after, good time had by all..... the sporting results were just the cherry on top.
Hornets on Sunday on 16:19 - Sep 26 with 2191 viewshammerdale

Hornets on Sunday on 20:32 - Sep 25 by nordenblue

I'm sure Matt will be more than happy to help Mr Mazey...

Well knowing Matt Calland, he will actually do anything he can to help Hornets. He is not the type to bare any grudges, even though he was hard done by.
Hornets on Sunday on 18:55 - Sep 26 with 2050 viewsnordenblue

Hornets on Sunday on 16:19 - Sep 26 by hammerdale

Well knowing Matt Calland, he will actually do anything he can to help Hornets. He is not the type to bare any grudges, even though he was hard done by.

I know that's why I said sarcastically he "would love to help Mazey" and didn't even mention Hornets
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024