Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets on Sunday 19:31 - Feb 24 with 282526 viewsEllDale

They’re tweeting that their “matchday operations” are being restricted for the home game against Barrow on Sunday for reasons that they don’t want to divulge at the moment.
The bottom line is that the crowd capacity is limited to 920 and there will be no cash admissions on the day.
Wonder what that’s all about?
Hornets on Sunday on 18:52 - Oct 17 with 4839 viewshammerdale

Hornets on Sunday on 09:03 - Oct 17 by Dalenet

And in that article does he have the honesty to say what his expenditure with the landlord is each year so that other clubs that compete with Hornets can see how much they are at a competitive advantage. I have never had an issue with Hornets sharing the ground and I hope they do well, but this constant whinging about costs and revenues from a stadium they had to give up ownership of is tiresome. He wouldn't like it if Simon G issued a statement about the debts that Hornets left the stadium company when they went under and how the club needed to take out a mortgage to cover that cost. He doesn't understand that because he wasn't there and hasn't done his due diligence before he paid his £10 to buy them.

Well you said it yourself..it was nothing to do with him, he wasn't there when Hornets went under so why implicate him in that scenario.. I read it that he acknowledged that to continue at Spotland, it's going to cost his club more in rent etc consequently the revenue for players will have to suffer. What I would have liked him to say was that clubs at Hornets level are treated with total disdain by the Rugby Football League and basically that is the reason for Hornets lack of monetary investment.
Hornets on Sunday on 18:59 - Oct 17 with 4814 viewsfinberty

Did I read that correctly? Park old issues once and for all?

Does that include him himself personally? Or just everybody else?
Hornets on Sunday on 19:10 - Oct 17 with 4770 viewshammerdale

Hornets on Sunday on 18:59 - Oct 17 by finberty

He needs to stop all the twitter nonsense.. that's for sure.
Hornets on Sunday on 19:20 - Oct 17 with 4747 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 19:10 - Oct 17 by hammerdale

He needs to stop all the twitter nonsense.. that's for sure.

Seemingly picked the wrong day too for his weekly snipe at the football club in search of some cheap publicity.

David Bottomley is going to be getting the headlines for the rest of the week it seems following today's announcement.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2022 19:36]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Hornets on Sunday on 19:35 - Oct 17 with 4691 viewsjudd

Hornets on Sunday on 19:20 - Oct 17 by RAFCBLUE

Seemingly picked the wrong day too for his weekly snipe at the football club in search of some cheap publicity.

David Bottomley is going to be getting the headlines for the rest of the week it seems following today's announcement.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2022 19:36]

Sadly, hes going to taint many good people by association, but he couldnt care less.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hornets on Sunday on 20:30 - Oct 17 with 4578 viewsEllDale

Thirteen names on the Hornets non-retained list including all of last seasons high earners.
That doesn’t mean that a really combative team can’t be built for 2023.
Hornets on Sunday on 21:20 - Oct 17 with 4450 viewspioneer

Hornets on Sunday on 09:41 - Oct 17 by Dalenet

Which translates into:

"We have spent way in excess of our income over the past two seasons and I've now run out of money. We will need to live within our means for 2023 but hope that we do okay. I will try and use media to embarrass the football club into a bigger subsidy to help our cause"

He hasnt run out of money, he has run out of a willingness to spend it on hornets. Same thing happened at Swinton…and it has taken them several years to recover. Looks like he is preparing for an exit….where next? Oldham?
Hornets on Sunday on 21:23 - Oct 17 with 4438 viewsjudd

Mayfield could be battling at the top end next season.

Login to get fewer ads

Hornets on Sunday on 21:37 - Oct 17 with 4416 viewsDalenet

Any news on Big Doug? He seems to have disappeared recently.
Hornets on Sunday on 21:49 - Oct 17 with 4398 viewsEllDale

If he’s cutting costs on non-essentials where does this leave his amateur community team?
Unless they’re entirely self sufficient.
And why does he have this reluctance to hold functions at the COA?
His fans forum, race night and end of season awards night have all been held at other venues.
Hornets on Sunday on 21:54 - Oct 17 with 4385 viewsD_Alien

Hornets on Sunday on 21:49 - Oct 17 by EllDale

If he’s cutting costs on non-essentials where does this leave his amateur community team?
His fans forum, race night and end of season awards night have all been held at other venues.

Someone should tell him to hold his bodily functions away from the COA too, and piss off

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hornets on Sunday on 21:56 - Oct 17 with 4383 viewsjudd

The Community club has RMBC backing for a.couple of years, I believe. Similar length of time to Bottomleys ban.

Hornets on Sunday on 21:57 - Oct 17 with 4379 viewshammerdale

Hornets on Sunday on 20:30 - Oct 17 by EllDale

Thirteen names on the Hornets non-retained list including all of last seasons high earners.
That doesn’t mean that a really combative team can’t be built for 2023.

As the whole structure of Rugby League will change radically in 2023, I doubt it matters that much next season.
Hornets on Sunday on 22:01 - Oct 17 with 4363 viewshammerdale

Probably because they were facilities that didnt charge.
Hornets on Sunday on 00:01 - Oct 19 with 4031 viewsnordenblue

Hornets on Sunday on 18:59 - Oct 17 by finberty

He'll need reversing cameras to park himself judging by some recent photos of him, all these free corporate piss ups might not be doing his health much good.
Hornets on Sunday on 10:16 - Oct 22 with 3682 viewsHullDale

In the spirit of rugby league rebrands, Leigh Centurions have had a shocker... introducing Leigh Leopards!

They have literally put the arse end of a cat on their shirts!
Hornets on Sunday on 12:42 - Oct 22 with 3536 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/img-proposals-approved-super-l

All of the Rugby League clubs agreed this week as well to the IMG proposal.

The key changes will be:
* Super League clubs will all be Category A - the highest standard.
* You can't be relegated from Super League
* There will only be promotion between the Championship (Tier 2) and League 1 (Tier 3) with the Championship seeking to be full of Category B clubs

The RFL is going to also centralise ticketing and digital infrastructures.

The ladder looks to be being pulled up by the big clubs and very hard to see how those outside Super League, including Rochdale Hornets, will survive more than 5 years from now with no funding.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Hornets on Sunday on 11:18 - Nov 20 with 3051 viewsHullDale

Suppose it saved paying for your own squad!
Hornets on Sunday on 17:50 - Nov 20 with 2883 viewsYadHoDale

Hornets on Sunday on 11:18 - Nov 20 by HullDale

Seems to be reasonably sensible. Hope it works out for both clubs.
Hornets on Sunday on 21:54 - Nov 20 with 2709 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 11:18 - Nov 20 by HullDale

Unfortunately the idea of feeder clubs is inevitable given where the RFL are taking the sport making the small clubs feeder clubs of bigger organisations.

The RFL have just botched the marketing of a World Cup on home soil and don't look to have done anything better with regards to reorganising the game.

https://www.totalrl.com/img-proposals-for-future-of-rugby-league-gain-approval-f

There are going to be a fixed set of Category A clubs - the household names. Those who will be the forever Super League teams; Wigan, St Helens, Leeds etc.

Then below that there is the creation of Category B of which the "higher ranking" clubs will then make up the rest of Super League. Effectively that means the Championship will become the "lower ranking" Category B clubs. The League 1 clubs are in a long long line of clubs trying to get to Category B and when they do they will be at the bottom end of Category B.

Looking at this, it seems pretty common practice but will just strip the old clubs of their identity in support of the

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_league_dual_registration

Hornets are resetting their model from expensive older players to younger up and coming ones and the RFL are not helping the small clubs survive in a quest to create a number of franchise clubs.

That might be good for Wigan etc but not good for the liked of Rochdale Hornets and Oldham Roughyeds.

Hornets on Sunday on 21:54 - Nov 20 with 2707 viewsbigdoug4

Hornets on Sunday on 21:37 - Oct 17 by Dalenet

Any news on Big Doug? He seems to have disappeared recently.

So sorry for not contributing to the forum but I have been too busy pissing myself laughing at the wonderful start to the season the Dale have made.
Like Hornets you have no money to spend in January, and shite players who no one will want to buy to bring in some income.
Welcome to the club.
Hornets on Sunday on 21:57 - Nov 20 with 2689 viewsnordenblue

Hornets on Sunday on 21:54 - Nov 20 by bigdoug4

So sorry for not contributing to the forum but I have been too busy pissing myself laughing at the wonderful start to the season the Dale have made.
Like Hornets you have no money to spend in January, and shite players who no one will want to buy to bring in some income.
Welcome to the club.

Yet there's still one MASSIVE difference between the 2 clubs, I'll let you work out what it is....
Hornets on Sunday on 22:18 - Nov 20 with 2651 viewskel

Welcome to the club.

I’m always happy to console myself with the fact that we’ll never be as tinpot as Hornets. That’ll do for me, half pint.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2022 22:58]
Hornets on Sunday on 22:37 - Nov 20 with 2632 viewsDalenet

Welcome to the club.

It does happen with men of certain age - you know the ones that seem to have selective memories. Have you tried Tena for Men?

Anyhow, I still don't understand how you can want your landlord to go under. I know that both clubs are tight for cash. On trying to survive on a turnover of £5m pa and one trying to avoid spending more than £5k a week. I am sorry that Dale can no longer afford to subsidise Hornets in the way that you are accustomed. But that doesn't mean you need to be so bitter. Is the rent linked to inflationary rent reviews?

What is Plan B for you when Mazey walks away because he has run out of cash? Not sure how other semi pro RL teams manage to pay their way when they have to pay for a stadium in this new era. Gate receipts will hardly pay the leccy bill. You need to get some of those pants in now mate before you really do start pissing yourself
Hornets on Sunday on 23:08 - Nov 20 with 2604 viewsR17ALE

Admin. Can you delete this thread? No true Dale fan gives a shit about the hairnets and any indication of them needs erasing.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024