Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets on Sunday 19:31 - Feb 24 with 281758 viewsEllDale

They’re tweeting that their “matchday operations” are being restricted for the home game against Barrow on Sunday for reasons that they don’t want to divulge at the moment.
The bottom line is that the crowd capacity is limited to 920 and there will be no cash admissions on the day.
Wonder what that’s all about?
Hornets on Sunday on 03:33 - Nov 21 with 6116 viewsSandyman

Hornets on Sunday on 21:54 - Nov 20 by bigdoug4

So sorry for not contributing to the forum but I have been too busy pissing myself laughing at the wonderful start to the season the Dale have made.
Like Hornets you have no money to spend in January, and shite players who no one will want to buy to bring in some income.
Welcome to the club.

Your incontinence is no surprise given the average age of hairnets 300+ fans. (Apologies for exaggerating the numbers of your fanbase)

We look forward to you leaving for pastures new at the earliest possible opportunity seeing as you hate your residency at Spotland / COA and RAFC so much. You'll be less angry and far happier when you leave.

The wee man might not wee as much then.

Bye Bye.
Hornets on Sunday on 21:07 - Nov 21 with 5819 viewshammerdale

Well done Doug, just when relations were reasonably cordial....you put your large foot in it and if you think Rochdale losing their League status is going to help Hornets, then you are clearly lacking of basic intelligence.
Hornets on Sunday on 19:16 - Dec 15 with 5164 viewsHullDale

Hornets have announced their ST pricing for next season, with a couple of 'interesting' ideas...

Adult STs are £150 for 10 games, with Kids STs at £30 - they no longer offer concessions.

For an extra £75 (so £22.50 a game!) you can join the new 'platinum club' & get:

Branded Season Pass (same as the normal one, but says platinum)
Polo shirt
Key ring
Pen
Marketing Emails
First dibs on event tickets
Open training session
10% off a purchase from Supro Sport

Also looks like they have come to terms with just having the WMG half of the main stand for the season, so hopefully no more sniping.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2022 19:45]
Hornets on Sunday on 20:22 - Dec 15 with 5111 viewsEllDale

The chairman has been very quiet. No more tweeting from the looks of it.
There’s a new look coaching staff and the squad has been drastically overhauled as predicted.
As for crowds, Keighley and Swinton have been replaced by Workington and Dewsbury, neither of whom have even a moderate travelling support. Only the visit of Oldham could mean a full stand unless they pull someone decent in the cup.
Hornets on Sunday on 07:53 - Dec 16 with 4982 viewsnordenblue

Hornets on Sunday on 20:22 - Dec 15 by EllDale

The chairman has been very quiet. No more tweeting from the looks of it.
There’s a new look coaching staff and the squad has been drastically overhauled as predicted.
As for crowds, Keighley and Swinton have been replaced by Workington and Dewsbury, neither of whom have even a moderate travelling support. Only the visit of Oldham could mean a full stand unless they pull someone decent in the cup.

Hes been in Lapland recently but guessing thats only for a few days, lives his life all over social media though bless him....looks like a tough year for good old Hornets
Hornets on Sunday on 15:36 - Dec 17 with 4686 viewshammerdale

Hornets on Sunday on 07:53 - Dec 16 by nordenblue

Hes been in Lapland recently but guessing thats only for a few days, lives his life all over social media though bless him....looks like a tough year for good old Hornets

They have signed some excellent youngsters on full contracts, from Super League Academy's. Also a number of experienced League 1 players. So hopefully they'll have a good season😊
Hornets on Sunday on 20:18 - Dec 17 with 4514 viewsnordenblue

Hornets on Sunday on 15:36 - Dec 17 by hammerdale

They have signed some excellent youngsters on full contracts, from Super League Academy's. Also a number of experienced League 1 players. So hopefully they'll have a good season😊

Very good, I'm sure Jerry the Berry will broadcast to all who bother to listen to how good a job he's doing and how "transparent" he is.....
Hornets on Sunday on 10:08 - Dec 24 with 4120 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/west-wales-raiders-withdraw-from-league-1/

“After 5 seasons within the professional ranks both Andrew & Peter felt it was the right time to give someone else an opportunity to try and take the club on within the sport. Numerous parties have shown interest but most have fallen once they realised how much personal finances and time is needed to run a club within League 1.

The economic reality of lower league sports is now beginning to bite as West Wales Raiders withdrew for 2023 and Hornets' division will only be 10 teams.

In my memory, apart from during Covid, I can't think of such a low number of games.

Does that mean that Hornets season ticket holders get a pro-rata discount? I think season tickets were being put at £150 for 10 games so 9 would mean a reduction to £135?

Looking at the Hornets website they have sold less than 50 seats in the stand but all but 3 of the boxes. I think that shows how hard it is in the current environment, particularly having increased prices on already hard-up consumers.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Login to get fewer ads

Hornets on Sunday on 10:35 - Dec 24 with 4105 viewskel

Lost a sponsor too after a certain Facebook video did the rounds…

BIG Doug liked to mention us apparently losing sponsors so surprised he never mentioned that one.
Hornets on Sunday on 12:10 - Dec 24 with 4068 viewsThreeLions

Hornets on Sunday on 10:35 - Dec 24 by kel

Lost a sponsor too after a certain Facebook video did the rounds…

BIG Doug liked to mention us apparently losing sponsors so surprised he never mentioned that one.

Which sponsor?
Hornets on Sunday on 13:12 - Dec 24 with 4026 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 12:10 - Dec 24 by ThreeLions

Which sponsor?

https://philcornsarchitecturalservices.co.uk/

Seems to have been removed from their website. Can’t think why though. Maybe BIG Doug could help?
Hornets on Sunday on 18:07 - Dec 24 with 3908 viewshammerdale

Hornets on Sunday on 10:08 - Dec 24 by RAFCBLUE

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/west-wales-raiders-withdraw-from-league-1/

“After 5 seasons within the professional ranks both Andrew & Peter felt it was the right time to give someone else an opportunity to try and take the club on within the sport. Numerous parties have shown interest but most have fallen once they realised how much personal finances and time is needed to run a club within League 1.

The economic reality of lower league sports is now beginning to bite as West Wales Raiders withdrew for 2023 and Hornets' division will only be 10 teams.

In my memory, apart from during Covid, I can't think of such a low number of games.

Does that mean that Hornets season ticket holders get a pro-rata discount? I think season tickets were being put at £150 for 10 games so 9 would mean a reduction to £135?

Looking at the Hornets website they have sold less than 50 seats in the stand but all but 3 of the boxes. I think that shows how hard it is in the current environment, particularly having increased prices on already hard-up consumers.

Sadly rugby league at Hornets level is in crisis.9 Home matches is ridiculous and you can see why supporters from all League one clubs, don't feel they are getting value for their money, for Hornets too, I'm told all Cup games have to be played away from Spotland.
Hornets on Sunday on 20:15 - Dec 24 with 3830 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 18:07 - Dec 24 by hammerdale

Sadly rugby league at Hornets level is in crisis.9 Home matches is ridiculous and you can see why supporters from all League one clubs, don't feel they are getting value for their money, for Hornets too, I'm told all Cup games have to be played away from Spotland.

The RFL have to take a large share of the blame regarding rugby league being in crisis having cut the central funding quite severely.

I don't believe your point about Cup games having to be played away from Spotland as it was reported at the August fans forum that Hornets can play all of their competitive games at Spotland but the dates have to be agreed and football always gets preference.

The Challenge Cup in 2023 has turned into a bit of joke next season. Super League clubs are not entering until Round 6 of a 9 round competition.

The chance of Hornets or anyone else outside of Super League getting a plum tie against a big club are virtually zero. 59 non-Super League clubs enter and just 4 will get to play a Super League team.

It's not a great advert for the game when the little clubs can't play the big ones. Good for TV, good for sponsors but bad for the game.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Hornets on Sunday on 21:25 - Dec 24 with 3785 viewsEllDale

Central funding from the RFL got cut savagely because the new SKY deal was unique in as much as the new contract signed with the broadcaster was significantly less than the existing deal.
West Wales should never have been in the league and neither should the other ridiculous “expansion” teams like Oxford, Northampton, Gloucester and Hemel Hempstead who were admitted a decade ago.
They’ve all fallen by the wayside.
“Expansion” meant that there had to be a third division and some heartland clubs were squeezed out of the top two divisions to balance things.
As you say there is little or no chance of Hornets pulling a Super League club in the Challenge Cup but they could still land a home tie against a Championship side with a relatively decent away following like Bradford, Widnes or Halifax.
Any of those would help to fill the main stand at Spotland.
Hornets on Sunday on 22:15 - Dec 24 with 3733 viewshammerdale

Hornets on Sunday on 20:15 - Dec 24 by RAFCBLUE

The RFL have to take a large share of the blame regarding rugby league being in crisis having cut the central funding quite severely.

I don't believe your point about Cup games having to be played away from Spotland as it was reported at the August fans forum that Hornets can play all of their competitive games at Spotland but the dates have to be agreed and football always gets preference.

The Challenge Cup in 2023 has turned into a bit of joke next season. Super League clubs are not entering until Round 6 of a 9 round competition.

The chance of Hornets or anyone else outside of Super League getting a plum tie against a big club are virtually zero. 59 non-Super League clubs enter and just 4 will get to play a Super League team.

It's not a great advert for the game when the little clubs can't play the big ones. Good for TV, good for sponsors but bad for the game.

Very true what you say, the RFL just want ridvif clubs like Hornets, they are suffocating them of finances, next year will be significant as I can see more clubs like West Wales folding.Hope you are right about the Cup games at Spotland..we shall see.
Hornets on Sunday on 15:38 - Jan 10 with 3192 viewsEllDale

https://www.totalrl.com/behind-the-scenes-of-being-a-rugby-league-chairman-the-i

Owner and chairman.
Hornets on Sunday on 17:30 - Jan 10 with 3024 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 15:38 - Jan 10 by EllDale

https://www.totalrl.com/behind-the-scenes-of-being-a-rugby-league-chairman-the-i

Owner and chairman.

He forgot to mention his trolling on football message boards.
Hornets on Sunday on 21:32 - Jan 11 with 2834 viewspioneer

Noticed that the attendences for each home game last season have now been published.

They were as low as 215 for the west wales game and 338 for cornwall.
Hornets on Sunday on 21:55 - Jan 11 with 2779 viewsEllDale

And I’m presuming that those published figures aren’t just a paying attendance but include complimentary tickets.
I also spotted that season ticket sales for 2023 are disappointing.
Hornets on Sunday on 22:24 - Jan 11 with 2713 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 21:32 - Jan 11 by pioneer

Noticed that the attendences for each home game last season have now been published.

They were as low as 215 for the west wales game and 338 for cornwall.

https://www.rugbyleaguerecords.com/

30/01/22 - vs Midland Hurricanes - 688
27/02/22 - vs Barrow Raiders - 515
27/03/22 - vs North Wales Crusaders - 448
10/04/22 - vs Hunslet - 415
15/04/22 - vs Oldham - 920
07/05/22 - vs Midland Hurricanes - 327
21/05/22 - vs Doncaster - 354
24/07/22 - vs London Skolars - 373
31/07/22 - vs Swinton Lions - 642
14/08/22 - vs Cornwall - 338
28/08/22 - vs West Wales Raiders - 215
04/09/22 - vs Keighley - 963
11/09/22 - vs Oldham - 735

18/07/22:
https://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/1113/rochdale-hornets-match-operati
Swinton Lions - Sunday 31 July.
Following extensive discussions with RAFC, the capacity of the main stand will be reinstated to its capacity of 1600. Both Turnstiles 1-3 and 4-6 will be open with the relevant turnstile printed on your ticket. We are aiming to fill the main stand and as its likely to be a busy game, we remind all fans to buy online.

Actual attendance: 642

06/09/22:
https://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/1144/update-hornets-vs-oldham
"We remain in discussions with RAFC but, for now, only Main Stand East seating is available meaning a capacity of 954 for our final home game of 2022. However, we are hopeful of additional seats being made available and will provide further updates - in due course.

Actual attendance: 735

Interesting that now the data has been published with the data the average attendance was 533. I can't think of a season so bad in my lifetime with such low crowds for rugby league in the town which is a shame.

Only one out of the thirteen fixtures there had a capacity of over 954, which was the visit of the unbeaten Keighley for the last game of the season and that highest attendance was against an available 1,600 capacity.

Hornets on Sunday on 22:26 - Jan 11 with 2713 viewsDalenet

Hornets on Sunday on 17:30 - Jan 10 by kel

He forgot to mention his trolling on football message boards.

He claims it is a busy job, 7 days a week, despite employing a full time CEO and having no stadium to worry about. Imagine having to find another few hundred thousand to pay for a stadium like other RFL chairmen. Then he wouldn't sleep at night. Hell of a deal when your annual stadoium bill covers just 3 weeks of the annual electricity bill at Spotland. But he still thinks he gets a rough deal.
Hornets on Sunday on 22:37 - Jan 11 with 2676 viewsEllDale

Hornets on Sunday on 22:24 - Jan 11 by RAFCBLUE

https://www.rugbyleaguerecords.com/

30/01/22 - vs Midland Hurricanes - 688
27/02/22 - vs Barrow Raiders - 515
27/03/22 - vs North Wales Crusaders - 448
10/04/22 - vs Hunslet - 415
15/04/22 - vs Oldham - 920
07/05/22 - vs Midland Hurricanes - 327
21/05/22 - vs Doncaster - 354
24/07/22 - vs London Skolars - 373
31/07/22 - vs Swinton Lions - 642
14/08/22 - vs Cornwall - 338
28/08/22 - vs West Wales Raiders - 215
04/09/22 - vs Keighley - 963
11/09/22 - vs Oldham - 735

18/07/22:
https://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/1113/rochdale-hornets-match-operati
Swinton Lions - Sunday 31 July.
Following extensive discussions with RAFC, the capacity of the main stand will be reinstated to its capacity of 1600. Both Turnstiles 1-3 and 4-6 will be open with the relevant turnstile printed on your ticket. We are aiming to fill the main stand and as its likely to be a busy game, we remind all fans to buy online.

Actual attendance: 642

06/09/22:
https://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/1144/update-hornets-vs-oldham
"We remain in discussions with RAFC but, for now, only Main Stand East seating is available meaning a capacity of 954 for our final home game of 2022. However, we are hopeful of additional seats being made available and will provide further updates - in due course.

Actual attendance: 735

Interesting that now the data has been published with the data the average attendance was 533. I can't think of a season so bad in my lifetime with such low crowds for rugby league in the town which is a shame.

Only one out of the thirteen fixtures there had a capacity of over 954, which was the visit of the unbeaten Keighley for the last game of the season and that highest attendance was against an available 1,600 capacity.

I believe that the first two and the last of those fixtures were cupties and therefore the receipts were shared after allowable expenses were deducted.
I mentioned earlier in the thread as well that promoted Keighley and Swinton have been replaced by Dewsbury and Workington, neither of who’s fans travel in the same numbers.
I think I’m right in saying that the demise of West Wales means that there are now only nine home league games in 2023 although I’m willing to stand corrected on that one.
Hornets on Sunday on 22:38 - Jan 11 with 2676 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 22:26 - Jan 11 by Dalenet

He claims it is a busy job, 7 days a week, despite employing a full time CEO and having no stadium to worry about. Imagine having to find another few hundred thousand to pay for a stadium like other RFL chairmen. Then he wouldn't sleep at night. Hell of a deal when your annual stadoium bill covers just 3 weeks of the annual electricity bill at Spotland. But he still thinks he gets a rough deal.

CEO at Hornets must be a cushy job.

You have the ground managed by someone else that you pay a peppercorn rent to. You only have 13 fixtures a year and the crowds are on average only 500 people, many of which are season ticket holders.

The season finishes in early September and doesn't properly start again until early March so there is six months of closed season.

Roger would be in his element!

Hornets on Sunday on 22:45 - Jan 11 with 2657 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 21:55 - Jan 11 by EllDale

And I’m presuming that those published figures aren’t just a paying attendance but include complimentary tickets.
I also spotted that season ticket sales for 2023 are disappointing.

https://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/tickets

Hornets own ticket website shows available seats and if the grey ones are sold then they've only sold 88 so far:

* 11 in Block A
* 24 in Block B
* 23 in Block C
* 30 in Block D

Boxes 11 and 12 still unsold.

Hornets on Sunday on 00:24 - Jan 12 with 2573 viewspioneer

Hornets on Sunday on 22:37 - Jan 11 by EllDale

I believe that the first two and the last of those fixtures were cupties and therefore the receipts were shared after allowable expenses were deducted.
I mentioned earlier in the thread as well that promoted Keighley and Swinton have been replaced by Dewsbury and Workington, neither of who’s fans travel in the same numbers.
I think I’m right in saying that the demise of West Wales means that there are now only nine home league games in 2023 although I’m willing to stand corrected on that one.

Yes only9 home games now..but the ticket site says cost covers admission to 10.

Oldham have already announced they are looking into how they can compensate season ticket holders for the reduction in games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024