Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will the penny drop? 00:44 - Aug 18 with 17081 viewsDr_Parnassus

Everything that was warned about with regards to switching to a style that the players aren’t suited to is now visible to most. There is a very good reason we didn’t start trying to be Brazil of the 1970’s over the last 2 seasons… and as a result saw the side be one of the best in the league… it’s because the manager realised the limitations of the squad and played to their strengths. That’s management.

I am wondering at what point the collective penny will drop that we cannot continue to play this way UNTIL we have the squad capable to do it. The Championship is too strong a league to be doing that, last time we got to this level we were a slick, well oiled machine with players capable of playing Premier League football in Dyer, Williams, Rangel and Britton. That spine would go on to win the League Cup, finish top half in the Premier League and perform well in Europe…. A championship spine it was not.

We had the players with ability leagues above the level they were playing at meaning we could afford to take some risks with regards to playing style. A nearing prime Leon Britton in league 1 seems a bit laughable now doesn’t it? That’s because it was.

The situation sadly is not the same today. We need to play to our strengths, get some points on the board, get the players in that we need and slowly incorporate the system you want. People talk of long term plans… and then change a system overnight?! We will get slaughtered at this level.

How about that actually becomes the longer term plan touted about and we slowly implement it while protecting our Championship status? Too mad an idea?

We do not want to lose our league position and drop down to league 1 as I see some people now happily stating they wouldn’t mind. I find that sad to read and extremely naive.

Relegation won’t mean us having an easy season to test this style against, we will lose even more players, have less income to replace them and the spiral continues. It’s an arrogant point of view to think relegation can be handled easily by the club.

Relegation is not a positive option and the fact we have gone from play offs to the Premier League to accepting the realities and the weighing up of pros and cons of League 1 football in such a short space of time should tell you something ain’t right.

I like Russell Martin, I think he has a good future in the game, my issue is not with him and I hope he stays for a long time to build something. My issue is with the attitude surrounding everything at the moment that we must play a certain way immediately, regardless of the damage it will cause.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

When will the penny drop? on 18:20 - Aug 19 with 941 viewsjackrmee

When will the penny drop? on 18:17 - Aug 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Where did I say that?

Specifically “keep them all anyway”… I can guarantee I didn’t say that.

I think what you are referring to is when I correctly said “selling them all would be stupid”.

There is a big difference between not thinking we should sell them all and thinking we should keep them all.

Now you have been exposed about 5 or 6 times for this dishonest method of debate. I suggest you stop because you will not get a single one past me without me bringing you up on it, I can assure you of that.

You obviously want Russell Martin edit...gone.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 18:56]

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

When will the penny drop? on 18:21 - Aug 19 with 939 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 18:20 - Aug 19 by jackrmee

You obviously want Russell Martin edit...gone.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 18:56]

What a ridiculous thing to say. I want him dead?

I’ve said I like him and have faith he can adapt, unlike you clearly. That’s literally the opposite of what you are yet again fraudulently trying to claim.

Log off mate, you are doing yourself no favours.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 19:18]

When will the penny drop? on 19:12 - Aug 19 with 904 viewsTreforys_Jack

When will the penny drop? on 14:17 - Aug 19 by jackrmee

Not by you no.
But by the board, or by a lot of other fans, including me, it is totally acceptable.

If I was told now, that if we stick with RM, he will stick with us and not leave and in 15 years we will be back at the top of the championship, with a clear identity, strong squad, and truly battling year on year to get back into the prem, I'd be well happy with that.

Sometimes it's the journey that's more enjoyable than the end result.
When will the penny drop? on 19:27 - Aug 19 with 895 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 19:12 - Aug 19 by Treforys_Jack

Sometimes it's the journey that's more enjoyable than the end result.

Sometimes, it depends which direction the journey heads in.

For example, I’m pretty sure Charlton and Portsmouth haven’t enjoyed theirs.

When will the penny drop? on 08:53 - Feb 21 with 718 viewsDr_Parnassus

Bump.

It’s like it could have been written yesterday.

''We need to play to our strengths, get some points on the board, get the players in that we need and slowly incorporate the system you want. People talk of long term plans… and then change a system overnight?! We will get slaughtered at this level.'' - August 18th.

Sadly that became the reality.

Very interesting read back is this.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2022 9:03]

When will the penny drop? on 09:07 - Feb 21 with 698 viewsSTID2017

When will the penny drop? on 08:53 - Feb 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Bump.

It’s like it could have been written yesterday.

''We need to play to our strengths, get some points on the board, get the players in that we need and slowly incorporate the system you want. People talk of long term plans… and then change a system overnight?! We will get slaughtered at this level.'' - August 18th.

Sadly that became the reality.

Very interesting read back is this.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2022 9:03]

"Sadly that became the reality"
Must be the most insincere line posted on here in a long time

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

When will the penny drop? on 09:11 - Feb 21 with 694 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 09:07 - Feb 21 by STID2017

"Sadly that became the reality"
Must be the most insincere line posted on here in a long time

Here we go again, and you ask for humility?

I am afraid when you and your ilk attack people for their well thought out and accurate posts on a weekly basis, people will remind you of it.

Nothing to do with sincerity. I have been a Swansea fan for 25 years, multiple season ticket holder. If I could click my fingers and make us great today, I would.

The sad reality is though that our problems have been clear for a long time, and those stating them have been attacked, abused and continue to face such nonsense as your last post.

I am afraid when you attack someone for their opinion constantly, you can be damn sure they will make you aware how wrong you were to do so.

When will the penny drop? on 09:11 - Feb 21 with 694 viewsonehunglow

I don’t like him.
There is no evidence to suggest he has any future in management.

What can possibly suggest he has.

He interviewed well for our job clearly

Those interviewing him clearly conned .

He was second choice don’t forget

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

When will the penny drop? on 09:25 - Feb 21 with 679 viewsSTID2017

When will the penny drop? on 09:11 - Feb 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Here we go again, and you ask for humility?

I am afraid when you and your ilk attack people for their well thought out and accurate posts on a weekly basis, people will remind you of it.

Nothing to do with sincerity. I have been a Swansea fan for 25 years, multiple season ticket holder. If I could click my fingers and make us great today, I would.

The sad reality is though that our problems have been clear for a long time, and those stating them have been attacked, abused and continue to face such nonsense as your last post.

I am afraid when you attack someone for their opinion constantly, you can be damn sure they will make you aware how wrong you were to do so.

My ilk
You mean real supporters ?
A Swansea fan for 25 years and a multiple season ticket holder - wow
I have been a Swansea fan for around 50 years and a multiple ( and current and future) ST holder.
I thought you said that attending games had nothing to do with supporting the club, so why raise the "multiple season ticket holder" bit ?
Anyway back to my main point which is that you and your "ilk" cannot wait for your " I told you so" moments.
I find it sad that they clearly give you such pleasure, especially as to achieve such pleasure means our club must suffer.
Anyway enjoy your day gloating.
I just hope that when I come home tomorrow evening after actually attending and watching my team win, you will go into your shell again until the next defeat.

When will the penny drop? on 09:30 - Feb 21 with 669 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 09:25 - Feb 21 by STID2017

My ilk
I have been a Swansea fan for around 50 years and a multiple ( and current and future) ST holder.
I thought you said that attending games had nothing to do with supporting the club, so why raise the "multiple season ticket holder" bit ?
Anyway back to my main point which is that you and your "ilk" cannot wait for your " I told you so" moments.
I find it sad that they clearly give you such pleasure, especially as to achieve such pleasure means our club must suffer.
I just hope that when I come home tomorrow evening after actually attending and watching my team win, you will go into your shell again until the next defeat.

No, I mean people who lack footballing opinion and enjoy attacking others for theirs.

If they prove correct then instead of apologising for your behavior and admitting your error, you double down and shift the focus to them and continue to attack them by accusing them of enjoying the opinion obviously being accurate.

Whether you are a real fan is yet to be seen, I don't consider people attacking others for giving accurate views as a fan of the club. But I don't know you to judge.

50 years? - wow, I know someone who has been going for 70 years

Going to games makes absolutely no difference, you are right. I added it for the trolls who think it does.

You can continue to cry and lie until the cows come home, you and your ilk have been exposed for what you are. All you have left is to accuse those who have made you look like complete mugs of enjoying our season..... Exposing these kinds of posters is the only pleasure I take out of being correct.

I am on here giving my opinion regardless of result, as you well know. Hence why you went running the second I asked you for specifics. You enjoy attacking fans of our club, then hate it when they respond.

Dry those eyes kid. Sniff sniff
[Post edited 21 Feb 2022 9:33]

When will the penny drop? on 09:34 - Feb 21 with 666 viewsonehunglow

When will the penny drop? on 09:25 - Feb 21 by STID2017

My ilk

Now there ya go again.
Real supporters . Like you then. The type who refer to others as trash .
The type who grade fans as to how many games they see live.

God help our fans in Dunedin .

Get your head around the fact yiu have been conned by Martin. Really ,you have .

Real fans can see that as they don’t have crap in their eyes

When will the penny drop? on 09:38 - Feb 21 with 662 viewsonehunglow

When will the penny drop? on 09:30 - Feb 21 by Dr_Parnassus

No, I mean people who lack footballing opinion and enjoy attacking others for theirs.

If they prove correct then instead of apologising for your behavior and admitting your error, you double down and shift the focus to them and continue to attack them by accusing them of enjoying the opinion obviously being accurate.

Whether you are a real fan is yet to be seen, I don't consider people attacking others for giving accurate views as a fan of the club. But I don't know you to judge.

50 years? - wow, I know someone who has been going for 70 years

Going to games makes absolutely no difference, you are right. I added it for the trolls who think it does.

You can continue to cry and lie until the cows come home, you and your ilk have been exposed for what you are. All you have left is to accuse those who have made you look like complete mugs of enjoying our season..... Exposing these kinds of posters is the only pleasure I take out of being correct.

I am on here giving my opinion regardless of result, as you well know. Hence why you went running the second I asked you for specifics. You enjoy attacking fans of our club, then hate it when they respond.

Dry those eyes kid. Sniff sniff
[Post edited 21 Feb 2022 9:33]

I’m a fan now of 64 years

I’m a Swansea man too.

I ain’t a valley warrior waving his appendage nor a farm boy looking for relief from rural emptiness .
This is primarily a club for Swansea people .. it was formed as such.

Therefore,wherever Swansea born people live in the world,like it or not,the Swans are part of the very soul .

Fact

When will the penny drop? on 09:43 - Feb 21 with 656 viewsSTID2017

When will the penny drop? on 09:34 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

Now there ya go again.
Real supporters . Like you then. The type who refer to others as trash .
The type who grade fans as to how many games they see live.

God help our fans in Dunedin .

Get your head around the fact yiu have been conned by Martin. Really ,you have .

Real fans can see that as they don’t have crap in their eyes

That post was aimed iin response to Dr P specifically not you
He is the one who brings up how he is a real fan because he held a ST then doesn't like it when I respond with the same ?
I know you live in Liverpool so home games are a stretch for you, and personally not worried how many games you attend.
As I said elsewhere, although we disagree about Martin, I don't believe you revel in Swans misery, unlike this character

When will the penny drop? on 09:47 - Feb 21 with 650 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 09:43 - Feb 21 by STID2017

That post was aimed iin response to Dr P specifically not you
He is the one who brings up how he is a real fan because he held a ST then doesn't like it when I respond with the same ?
I know you live in Liverpool so home games are a stretch for you, and personally not worried how many games you attend.
As I said elsewhere, although we disagree about Martin, I don't believe you revel in Swans misery, unlike this character

Not quite, you and your ilk are accusing people of not being fans.

You are doing that instead of apologising to them for attacking them for having an accurate opinion - you then criticise them for assuring you that they are a real fan.

I am afraid you appear to want to have the ability to attack others, and also want the ability to attack them when it turns out they were right.

Not on my watch.

When will the penny drop? on 09:56 - Feb 21 with 634 viewsSTID2017

When will the penny drop? on 09:47 - Feb 21 by Dr_Parnassus

You are doing that instead of apologising to them for attacking them for having an accurate opinion - you then criticise them for assuring you that they are a real fan.

I am afraid you appear to want to have the ability to attack others, and also want the ability to attack them when it turns out they were right.

Not on my watch.

No think you are getting confused with responses to you and responses to others?
You twist even your own posts to suit your agenda and bring it posts from August to say " Look at me how I right I was"
That is not an attack - it is just a fact
Trouble is you cannot own it and and accept it and instead resort to your childish digs
So sad that

When will the penny drop? on 10:03 - Feb 21 with 618 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 09:56 - Feb 21 by STID2017

No think you are getting confused with responses to you and responses to others?
You twist even your own posts to suit your agenda and bring it posts from August to say " Look at me how I right I was"
That is not an attack - it is just a fact
Trouble is you cannot own it and and accept it and instead resort to your childish digs
So sad that

What exactly are you denying here?

In the last few weeks you have:-

1) Called me a liar - then refused to apologise when someone informed you otherwise
2) Said I was a multi - then refused to apologise when someone informed you otherwise
3) Said I wanted Martin sacked - then refused to quote where I supposedly said this.
4) Said I was not a fan because I showed you up for attacking a correct viewpoint
5) Accused me of enjoying Swansea being bad, despite the fact I have told you otherwise

Have I forgotten anything there?

Oh yes... we have a new one, accusing me of twisting my own posts from August. What has been twisted? Any specifics?

Ta

When will the penny drop? on 10:06 - Feb 21 with 609 viewsWhiterockin

When will the penny drop? on 09:47 - Feb 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Not on my watch.

"Not on my watch"

You really think you are more important than you are.
When will the penny drop? on 10:08 - Feb 21 with 595 viewsonehunglow

When will the penny drop? on 10:03 - Feb 21 by Dr_Parnassus

What exactly are you denying here?

In the last few weeks you have:-

1) Called me a liar - then refused to apologise when someone informed you otherwise
2) Said I was a multi - then refused to apologise when someone informed you otherwise
3) Said I wanted Martin sacked - then refused to quote where I supposedly said this.
4) Said I was not a fan because I showed you up for attacking a correct viewpoint
5) Accused me of enjoying Swansea being bad, despite the fact I have told you otherwise

Have I forgotten anything there?

Oh yes... we have a new one, accusing me of twisting my own posts from August. What has been twisted? Any specifics?

Ta

I could point out many discussions we ve had that stayed insult free.
What our fans need to learn is how to exchange views
Few can really do it.

We are all hurting

I see no gloating at all,just anger .

I am angry at the fans being duped as they are though .

When will the penny drop? on 10:48 - Feb 21 with 566 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 10:06 - Feb 21 by Whiterockin

"Not on my watch"

You really think you are more important than you are.

Not at all, I just know for a fact what I will pull up and what I will let slide.

I am stating a fact. Just have to deal with it.

Act like a troll and you will be called out, without question.

When will the penny drop? on 10:50 - Feb 21 with 559 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 10:08 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

Few can really do it.

We are all hurting

Indeed.

The only time insults get exchanged is when the gang start hurling insults at those who have been proven right. Then they accuse you of enjoying it.

Still not a single comment on this fascinating thread, its very interesting. Just personal quips.

Speaks volumes.

When will the penny drop? on 10:55 - Feb 21 with 555 viewsonehunglow

When will the penny drop? on 10:50 - Feb 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Indeed.

The only time insults get exchanged is when the gang start hurling insults at those who have been proven right. Then they accuse you of enjoying it.

Still not a single comment on this fascinating thread, its very interesting. Just personal quips.

Speaks volumes.

I’ve asked what evidence there is to trust Martin rather than just hoping .

When will the penny drop? on 11:00 - Feb 21 with 551 viewslifelong

When will the penny drop? on 10:08 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

Few can really do it.

We are all hurting

Exchange views?

You do nothing but insult many of our loyal fans calling them valley warriors and country boys who can’t be true Swans fans because they weren’t born in Swansea. This is coming from someone telling fans of our club what to do when he can’t even cross the road to watch us play.

Fan for 64 years indeed, how many time have you been to Wembley to watch us play there? How many times have you been to our stadium to watch us play?

You’re nothing but a wind up merchant who love it when we lose or play poorly so you can infect this forum with your mindless drivel.
When will the penny drop? on 11:57 - Feb 21 with 515 viewsonehunglow

When will the penny drop? on 11:00 - Feb 21 by lifelong

Exchange views?

You do nothing but insult many of our loyal fans calling them valley warriors and country boys who can’t be true Swans fans because they weren’t born in Swansea. This is coming from someone telling fans of our club what to do when he can’t even cross the road to watch us play.

Fan for 64 years indeed, how many time have you been to Wembley to watch us play there? How many times have you been to our stadium to watch us play?

You’re nothing but a wind up merchant who love it when we lose or play poorly so you can infect this forum with your mindless drivel.

I am the only poster you reply directly to. We know why that is the case. I exchange with most A/C Dr P, Cat. Bound etc with no issues. You are filled with venom. You distrust Martin as much as me but don't have the guts to admit so. You are shameful and shameless and you impress nobody apart from you know who. Get a life, man

When will the penny drop? on 11:59 - Feb 21 with 513 viewsCatullus

When will the penny drop? on 09:38 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

I’m a fan now of 64 years

I’m a Swansea man too.

I ain’t a valley warrior waving his appendage nor a farm boy looking for relief from rural emptiness .
This is primarily a club for Swansea people .. it was formed as such.

Therefore,wherever Swansea born people live in the world,like it or not,the Swans are part of the very soul .

Fact

Now OHL, sorry to disagree but football hasn't worked like that for a long time. It's a gloabl sport and we have crowed on here about our overseas support. Swansea City is a club for anybody who wants to support it. We love the American Jacks and we loved seeing the Asian faces here when Ki was with us.

This year marks my 50th of being an SCFC supporter, I have seen our lowest lows and our highest highs, it has been one hell of a journey but there are plenty of Swansea people who are not a jot for football, they have rugby in their soul, or even golf, cricket, whatever sport they love.

Where I do agree is that the penny should be dropping, I've criticised but then backtracked a it after a better result but we are going around in circles now. There is no consistent improvement and the same old mistakes are being repeated so many times it's not even funny.
It may be that Martin gets there in the end, it may be that the owners actually do shell out in the next window for the better quality we need. or it may be that disillusioned players decide they had enough of the experiment and want to leave.
Personally I have lost faith with Martin because he doesn't learn. He cannot keep throwing us to the wolves, getting us pasted every other week on back of his desires and his claims about hard work. Whatever hard work is going on in training, too many players are not showing that in the matches and that's where it counts.

He still has time to change his approach but will he? What do we call doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome? Yes, madness.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

When will the penny drop? on 12:05 - Feb 21 with 507 viewsonehunglow

Cat. Read please again that which I wrote. Our club WAS created for SWANSEA people as is the case with all large Town clubs. Fans became mobile and travelled from outlying areas to support. That s fine. However, sorry but it hurts a whole city to see us as we are. People in general whether in Builth or Bogata won't be feeling as hurt as an entity
I thought I made it clearer so apogies for that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024