Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will the penny drop? 00:44 - Aug 18 with 17105 viewsDr_Parnassus

Everything that was warned about with regards to switching to a style that the players aren’t suited to is now visible to most. There is a very good reason we didn’t start trying to be Brazil of the 1970’s over the last 2 seasons… and as a result saw the side be one of the best in the league… it’s because the manager realised the limitations of the squad and played to their strengths. That’s management.

I am wondering at what point the collective penny will drop that we cannot continue to play this way UNTIL we have the squad capable to do it. The Championship is too strong a league to be doing that, last time we got to this level we were a slick, well oiled machine with players capable of playing Premier League football in Dyer, Williams, Rangel and Britton. That spine would go on to win the League Cup, finish top half in the Premier League and perform well in Europe…. A championship spine it was not.

We had the players with ability leagues above the level they were playing at meaning we could afford to take some risks with regards to playing style. A nearing prime Leon Britton in league 1 seems a bit laughable now doesn’t it? That’s because it was.

The situation sadly is not the same today. We need to play to our strengths, get some points on the board, get the players in that we need and slowly incorporate the system you want. People talk of long term plans… and then change a system overnight?! We will get slaughtered at this level.

How about that actually becomes the longer term plan touted about and we slowly implement it while protecting our Championship status? Too mad an idea?

We do not want to lose our league position and drop down to league 1 as I see some people now happily stating they wouldn’t mind. I find that sad to read and extremely naive.

Relegation won’t mean us having an easy season to test this style against, we will lose even more players, have less income to replace them and the spiral continues. It’s an arrogant point of view to think relegation can be handled easily by the club.

Relegation is not a positive option and the fact we have gone from play offs to the Premier League to accepting the realities and the weighing up of pros and cons of League 1 football in such a short space of time should tell you something ain’t right.

I like Russell Martin, I think he has a good future in the game, my issue is not with him and I hope he stays for a long time to build something. My issue is with the attitude surrounding everything at the moment that we must play a certain way immediately, regardless of the damage it will cause.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

When will the penny drop? on 20:02 - Feb 23 with 809 viewsSTID2017

When will the penny drop? on 19:57 - Feb 23 by sw02sea

Yes, come on gents give it a rest. It was a simple enough headed thread of “When will the penny drop?”
Because there’s a shedfull of fans out there, that are as totally pi$$ed off, with RM’s system and the suicidal football played out from at best, a dodgy keeper, to players already heavily marked.
Plus all the sideways passing, and no pace.
And as is says on the tin… “When will the penny drop” for Russell Martin ? ? ? ?

I honestly don't see him changing.
He is so determined to play that style, as well as insisting on playing Grimes and Fisher.
The need to change seems apparent to all but him.
My concern is I don't see the owners changing either.
I think they will persist with him until at least next January

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

When will the penny drop? on 20:22 - Feb 23 with 793 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 18:50 - Feb 23 by shingle

Sadly for you you is happening its just that you are the only one who can not see it, but that is down to this problem you are obviously suffering from, again my offer to help you is still there.

Can you repeat that in English please?

Thanks in advance chap.

When will the penny drop? on 20:34 - Feb 23 with 783 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 19:18 - Feb 23 by Catullus

You know what, I get as bored of Dr P as anyone but I walk away. We could look at what's more important, take a squiz at the Lenny Johnrose thread maybe.

Here's a thought because you know what, bad things happen every day and this little contretemps is hardly worth the effort.

This “boredom” claim is old hat. None of it stacks up.

What you mean is you get tired of me being right and trying to disprove it with absolutely nothing to go on. I can imagine that does get tiring.

I seem to remember you having a go at those people you now agree with of course, calling them (us) ''negative'' despite them being spot on. So it's funny its these same people that are coming out of the woodwork now getting all het up.

As soon as you saw what we were telling you, you still maintained they were negative and your recent criticisms (which were the same as ours) is now the voice of the light and valid considered criticisms (lol).

The fact yourself and a couple of select others can’t get your point across adequately to disprove mine - usually because you have only taken that position because I have taken the other - is you boring yourself, not me boring you.

You, and said select others, would find the whole thing far more rewarding if you were able to put across actual views with actual evidence for them, instead of deriding other people out of frustration... and then in some cases parroting those same views down the line and pretending they are yours.

Trolling someone and then using a players illness discussed on another thread to attempt to stop the reply is a very bad road to go down, I suggest you are a certain other that decided to try that first, may wish to not go down that road.

You freely admit you often post in order to “rattle my cage” then you want to call other people trolls? The irony of that is quite delicious.

Maybe just take a step back, take a breath and start taking stock of why you post and how you may wish to use your time to actually put forward genuine views because you believe them, rather than doing so because you want a rise or some attention from someone. Fair?

Some good advice and analysis there. Food for thought maybe?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 21:02]

When will the penny drop? on 23:51 - Feb 23 with 714 viewsbuilthjack

When will the penny drop? on 20:34 - Feb 23 by Dr_Parnassus

What you mean is you get tired of me being right and trying to disprove it with absolutely nothing to go on. I can imagine that does get tiring.

I seem to remember you having a go at those people you now agree with of course, calling them (us) ''negative'' despite them being spot on. So it's funny its these same people that are coming out of the woodwork now getting all het up.

As soon as you saw what we were telling you, you still maintained they were negative and your recent criticisms (which were the same as ours) is now the voice of the light and valid considered criticisms (lol).

The fact yourself and a couple of select others can’t get your point across adequately to disprove mine - usually because you have only taken that position because I have taken the other - is you boring yourself, not me boring you.

You, and said select others, would find the whole thing far more rewarding if you were able to put across actual views with actual evidence for them, instead of deriding other people out of frustration... and then in some cases parroting those same views down the line and pretending they are yours.

Trolling someone and then using a players illness discussed on another thread to attempt to stop the reply is a very bad road to go down, I suggest you are a certain other that decided to try that first, may wish to not go down that road.

You freely admit you often post in order to “rattle my cage” then you want to call other people trolls? The irony of that is quite delicious.

Maybe just take a step back, take a breath and start taking stock of why you post and how you may wish to use your time to actually put forward genuine views because you believe them, rather than doing so because you want a rise or some attention from someone. Fair?

Have you ever been wrong?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

When will the penny drop? on 00:44 - Feb 24 with 701 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 23:51 - Feb 23 by builthjack

Rarely over anything substantial that I have put time and thought into in order to present on here. An inconsequential detail here and there.

Can you think of anything?

Think I'm wrong here?

When will the penny drop? on 00:56 - Feb 24 with 692 viewsDr_Parnassus

To expand the answer..

My views are largely based on historical fact, so by its very nature they wont be incorrect very often. The odd detail may be incorrect but the overall picture will pretty much always be right.

''Messi is a phenomenal goal-scorer, 50 goals this season''.... ''erm WRONG, 51 actually, say you were wrong! admit you were wrong!''.

That kind of thing people may be able to pick up on now and again if they are that way inclined. But the point of the post was Messi is a phenomenal goal-scorer - which will of course be right.

To take this example. I looked at the ability and limitations of the players that were here, Martins record, what is required to play this way and the limitations of this style itself.

The position that ''we will do poorly unless we introduce this style slowly and 'as and when' we get the right players in'' seems obvious now to those discussing it. But at the time people couldn't believe I would say such a thing ''because any professional can pass 5 yards''.

But thought and views should be constructed by more than skin deep powder puff analysis like that. No wonder so many got it wrong.

So while others were solely basing their views on ''faith'', ''patience'' and ''the process'' - (a process they largely didn't understand) - my views were based on actual current goings on, past factual evidence and probability of succeeding giving those factors.

That is pretty much always going to be more accurate and reliable than an opinion based on desire, hope and blind faith.

I guess that's why people get annoyed when I am proven right about these things so often. But its no coincidence, there is a formula to it. Simply approach a position without prejudice and work forwards.

Most people arrive at a position they want to and then work backwards... like being happy with Martin, simply because they want to be, then trying to work back and shaping a narrative to explain why, or disliking Cooper and then working backwards to shape a narrative as to why.

I start with the evidence which then leads to me to whether I like someone/something. My reactions are based on what has happened, not what I want to happen. Due to that process being considered as opposed to backwardly shaped, my arguments always stand up better than the other.

Same with the Cooper stuff, I was saying he was an excellent manager when others were basing their opinions on 'feelings' and 'dislike' saying how bad he was. Mine were fact based and evidence based - hence why it was no surprise to me he went on to succeed at Forest while others have been eating their words ever since.

An emotional approach vs a realistic approach, same goes for politics. Realism usually comes out on top, almost always.

Now THAT is the boring, but accurate answer.

Not my problem really.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 1:15]

When will the penny drop? on 05:36 - Feb 24 with 657 viewsSTID2017

When will the penny drop? on 23:51 - Feb 23 by builthjack

In his reply to you he says that people arrive at a place they want to be and work backwards from there
This is the process where a person or group of people come up with a hypothesis, examining any testing that hypothesis until it is is either proven or unproven., used in scholarly studies for thousands of years.
Yet whilst being dismissive of others doing this , it is exactly the same as he has done by taking his stance a early in the season and inviting posters to prove him wrong ?
Which is fine in itself if he wants to use that hypothetical approach, but then surely he must allow others to have their view and do the same ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

When will the penny drop? on 05:50 - Feb 24 with 655 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 05:36 - Feb 24 by STID2017

In his reply to you he says that people arrive at a place they want to be and work backwards from there
This is the process where a person or group of people come up with a hypothesis, examining any testing that hypothesis until it is is either proven or unproven., used in scholarly studies for thousands of years.
Yet whilst being dismissive of others doing this , it is exactly the same as he has done by taking his stance a early in the season and inviting posters to prove him wrong ?
Which is fine in itself if he wants to use that hypothetical approach, but then surely he must allow others to have their view and do the same ?

No, that is not what scholars do. You arrived at a position out of desire, not out of fact - and worked backwards to make it fit.

That’s called confirmation bias. The opposite of what scholars do.

You wanted Russell’s tactics to work so that formed your pre determined outcome, you then worked backwards from that and thought of all the ways it did work (there aren’t many), ignoring the things that were inconvenient to your pre determined outcome (there were huge amounts)… including the evidence that I put forward.

To go into something with a pre determined outcome and a prejudiced view is the opposite of scholar like - hence why today you are standing around wondering how it all went so badly wrong and you got it so badly wrong.

But that’s easy, I just explained it to you. You’re welcome.

Now the next bit…

What are you referring to, when you say I don’t allow others an opinion… specifically. Talk in specifics, I’d like some actual examples as you have been caught out using these nonsense sweeping statements before that have no basis.

What opinion do you believe I have not allowed you to have? And show it in action please. It won’t be hard to do if it’s true.

Our “fallout” was directly from you calling me a liar, saying I had another username, talking about where I lived and saying I’m not a fan - these aren’t opinions, they are categoric falsehoods.

i.e … you were lying.

You did that of course, because I simply was able to demonstrate that the opinion held by myself and others, that you and your ilk were attacking us for on a weekly basis, was correct. That’s it, that is the basis of your clear frustration. Nothing more.

I have invited you to come forward and tell me what specifically you disagree with regarding my opinion. You refused to state it, because of course there is nothing, you are stumped - you have no idea what you disagree with anymore. The only thing you are sure of is that you don’t like me for exposing that.

You are just annoyed that the opinion I gave, which you don’t want to agree with, has turned out to be spot on. Your behaviour ever since has been a product of that.

Something you just simply have to deal with.

Not my problem.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 6:04]

Login to get fewer ads

When will the penny drop? on 06:06 - Feb 24 with 646 viewsDr_Parnassus

So the floor is open STID.

What do you disagree with regarding my opinion I have here regarding our tactics, and of course why?

The floor is yours. Let’s see what you’ve got.

When will the penny drop? on 09:09 - Feb 24 with 625 viewsbuilthjack

When will the penny drop? on 00:44 - Feb 24 by Dr_Parnassus

Rarely over anything substantial that I have put time and thought into in order to present on here. An inconsequential detail here and there.

Can you think of anything?

Think I'm wrong here?

Thanks for admitting that you have been wrong and have apologised for it. That takes courage.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

When will the penny drop? on 09:14 - Feb 24 with 626 viewsCatullus

When will the penny drop? on 20:34 - Feb 23 by Dr_Parnassus

I got as far as the second paragraph and then lost interest because it's the same old waffle.

I'm right blah blah blah. Your username is wrong, you should change it to Lecturer because that's all you do, lecture people.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

When will the penny drop? on 09:22 - Feb 24 with 624 viewsmagicdaps10

When will the penny drop? on 09:09 - Feb 24 by builthjack

Thanks for admitting that you have been wrong and have apologised for it. That takes courage.

Of course he has been wrong. The difference between him and others, he will Troll through posts to bring up old posts to find things, some ultimately prove nothing and some do. The others on the other hand will not waste their precious time looking through old posts and are in a nutshell not so obsessed.......if you don't prove it with screenshot and red pen markings then it didn't happen, how that figures 🤷‍♂️

He's a WUM and continually trolls posters to intsginise them to engage in his game and as he has proven trolls through old posts to attempt to prove he is right...in doing all this constantly calls others trolls.

The guy is a patronising, obsessed hypocrite. My best advice is to not engage with him...... Its what he wants and what gets him up every morning.

He just can't control himself as the response to this post will prove.
He lives in sunny Sydney with his partner but spends so much of his time posting on here....... Something isn't right if you weigh that up.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

When will the penny drop? on 09:55 - Feb 24 with 608 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 09:09 - Feb 24 by builthjack

Wrong? Apologised?

I can only assume you are very sorry for misreading that.

Apology accepted

When will the penny drop? on 09:56 - Feb 24 with 607 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 09:14 - Feb 24 by Catullus

I got as far as the second paragraph and then lost interest because it's the same old waffle.

I'm right blah blah blah. Your username is wrong, you should change it to Lecturer because that's all you do, lecture people.

I wasn’t expecting your attention to last too long Cat, it was for the more astute posters among us shall we say..

When will the penny drop? on 10:01 - Feb 24 with 603 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 09:22 - Feb 24 by magicdaps10

Of course he has been wrong. The difference between him and others, he will Troll through posts to bring up old posts to find things, some ultimately prove nothing and some do. The others on the other hand will not waste their precious time looking through old posts and are in a nutshell not so obsessed.......if you don't prove it with screenshot and red pen markings then it didn't happen, how that figures 🤷‍♂️

He's a WUM and continually trolls posters to intsginise them to engage in his game and as he has proven trolls through old posts to attempt to prove he is right...in doing all this constantly calls others trolls.

The guy is a patronising, obsessed hypocrite. My best advice is to not engage with him...... Its what he wants and what gets him up every morning.

He just can't control himself as the response to this post will prove.
He lives in sunny Sydney with his partner but spends so much of his time posting on here....... Something isn't right if you weigh that up.

As I said young man, I’m usually pretty much always right. Right to an alarming rate, that’s due to how I form my views. You may find the odd, very rare inconsequential detail here or there but the premise of the post will be correct.

The only things I bump are posts that show what the trolls are attacking people for was absolutely spot on and not worthy of such behaviour. That obviously never goes down well so you end up getting reactions like the ones we have seen here.

I didn’t name anyone or point the finger, yet the ones that responded all happen to be the very ones I was referring to, speaks volumes.

I don’t live in Sydney either, have another go, most of the time I post on here I am out or while working… like now.

Now what I do find fascinating is you apparently have children yet spend most of your time trying to goad people you don’t know on the internet, or trying to rather - you aren’t even very good at that.

Bizarre behaviour, I can only hope it’s not true.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 10:07]

When will the penny drop? on 10:52 - Feb 24 with 573 viewsonehunglow

When will the penny drop? on 10:01 - Feb 24 by Dr_Parnassus

As I said young man, I’m usually pretty much always right. Right to an alarming rate, that’s due to how I form my views. You may find the odd, very rare inconsequential detail here or there but the premise of the post will be correct.

The only things I bump are posts that show what the trolls are attacking people for was absolutely spot on and not worthy of such behaviour. That obviously never goes down well so you end up getting reactions like the ones we have seen here.

I didn’t name anyone or point the finger, yet the ones that responded all happen to be the very ones I was referring to, speaks volumes.

I don’t live in Sydney either, have another go, most of the time I post on here I am out or while working… like now.

Now what I do find fascinating is you apparently have children yet spend most of your time trying to goad people you don’t know on the internet, or trying to rather - you aren’t even very good at that.

Bizarre behaviour, I can only hope it’s not true.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 10:07]

lol.
We 've gone decimal.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

When will the penny drop? on 11:28 - Feb 24 with 555 viewsbuilthjack

When will the penny drop? on 09:55 - Feb 24 by Dr_Parnassus

Wrong? Apologised?

I can only assume you are very sorry for misreading that.

Apology accepted

Rarely you said. So not always.

When will the penny drop? on 11:46 - Feb 24 with 552 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 11:28 - Feb 24 by builthjack

Rarely you said. So not always.

No idea what you are talking about now.

No wonder you got less votes than me

When will the penny drop? on 11:48 - Feb 24 with 548 viewsCatullus

When will the penny drop? on 09:56 - Feb 24 by Dr_Parnassus

I wasn’t expecting your attention to last too long Cat, it was for the more astute posters among us shall we say..

Nah, I can pay attention when it's interesting, plus, I don't suffer from some kind of obsessive compulsive disorder whereas maybe you do.

It seems I can't post on anything these days without you chasing after me.

By astute...well you can only mean yourself because you are the centre of the universe, in your own mind anyway. Several times you have posted that everyone knows...something, as if you know what everyone thinks.

Stick to your own opinion and let others have theirs.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

When will the penny drop? on 11:53 - Feb 24 with 547 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 11:48 - Feb 24 by Catullus

Nah, I can pay attention when it's interesting, plus, I don't suffer from some kind of obsessive compulsive disorder whereas maybe you do.

It seems I can't post on anything these days without you chasing after me.

By astute...well you can only mean yourself because you are the centre of the universe, in your own mind anyway. Several times you have posted that everyone knows...something, as if you know what everyone thinks.

Stick to your own opinion and let others have theirs.

But you are only interested in what you are capable of understanding, if you don’t want to hear something you tend to lose interest.

You do that in political discussion too, if it seems too complex for you or you think it may not be what you want to hear, then you use self inflicted propaganda and tunnel vision. You aren’t the only one, you are in fair company.

Try and insult me all you like good sir, we both know it does nothing… other than provide you a temporary release of frustration. Happy to oblige

What opinion do you think I’m not allowing others to have out of interest? Any examples? It seems the only opinion being regularly attacked it the factually correct one that we aren’t very good… isn’t it?

[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 11:57]

When will the penny drop? on 12:38 - Feb 24 with 529 viewsshingle

When will the penny drop? on 11:53 - Feb 24 by Dr_Parnassus

But you are only interested in what you are capable of understanding, if you don’t want to hear something you tend to lose interest.

You do that in political discussion too, if it seems too complex for you or you think it may not be what you want to hear, then you use self inflicted propaganda and tunnel vision. You aren’t the only one, you are in fair company.

Try and insult me all you like good sir, we both know it does nothing… other than provide you a temporary release of frustration. Happy to oblige

What opinion do you think I’m not allowing others to have out of interest? Any examples? It seems the only opinion being regularly attacked it the factually correct one that we aren’t very good… isn’t it?

[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 11:57]

This thread has become a little cruel now, I know everyone is having fun at the expense of Parnassus me included, but I came to the conclusion when the poor guy could not sleep and was staying up all night trying to explain stuff to me that he actually does have issues, so maybe a more sensitive approach towards him is needed here as he is clearly struggling.
When will the penny drop? on 12:41 - Feb 24 with 526 viewsonehunglow

When will the penny drop? on 12:38 - Feb 24 by shingle

This thread has become a little cruel now, I know everyone is having fun at the expense of Parnassus me included, but I came to the conclusion when the poor guy could not sleep and was staying up all night trying to explain stuff to me that he actually does have issues, so maybe a more sensitive approach towards him is needed here as he is clearly struggling.

He can handle it Ive no doubt.
I feel far more sorry for others locked into old spats

When will the penny drop? on 12:45 - Feb 24 with 520 viewsDr_Parnassus

When will the penny drop? on 12:41 - Feb 24 by onehunglow

He can handle it Ive no doubt.
I feel far more sorry for others locked into old spats

Shingle always gets like that when the trolling tactics have no effect on me.

I’m completely “untrollable”, I think it’s why these trolls get so worked up.

Imagine getting so angry about someone being correct on the internet…

When will the penny drop? on 13:17 - Feb 24 with 511 viewsmagicdaps10

When will the penny drop? on 12:38 - Feb 24 by shingle

100% correct, this site should certainly be doing a bit more considering the glaringly obvious issues here.

The time spent posting, the times posts are being made and the content are not normal behaviour.....as much as he annoys there is a concern from me for his well being.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

When will the penny drop? on 13:18 - Feb 24 with 511 viewsonehunglow

When will the penny drop? on 12:45 - Feb 24 by Dr_Parnassus

Shingle always gets like that when the trolling tactics have no effect on me.

I’m completely “untrollable”, I think it’s why these trolls get so worked up.

Imagine getting so angry about someone being correct on the internet…

I don't agree with much what you post but ,looking at what the likes of Winston,Lifelong and chums post,I think you are pretty mild. Stubborn and pig headed but so what;so am I,so are many including those who believed MY criticism of Amartin were that of a maniac.

I single out those previous two a they are somehow revered on here when in fact they rarely post without directly attacking an individual in some way shape or form. Both should have been banned IMO many months ago but that's another issue.

I don't think what you post deserves the responses you get.

keep it up

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024