Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big news coming out of the club? 17:57 - Jun 15 with 58372 viewsGloucs_R

No I don't know what it is but the Twitterarti all seem to be getting very excited.

Anyone know anything??
[Post edited 15 Jun 2023 17:59]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:57 - Jun 16 with 2824 viewsflynnbo

MW in as DOF so that when GA leaves, MW steps in saving the club searching for a new coach.
Big news coming out of the club? on 12:02 - Jun 16 with 2756 viewsdaveB

Steve Gallen in the frame

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-gallen-a-contender-for-qpr-role-aft
Big news coming out of the club? on 12:04 - Jun 16 with 2721 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Big news coming out of the club? on 10:19 - Jun 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

"And, following discussions with current head coach Gareth Ainsworth about transfer targets for the coming season, Ferdinand decided to stand down."

That line stands out.

Now watch the sh!t that gets signed, all in the image of Wycombe. The owners must have backed Ainsworth then.
Big news coming out of the club? on 12:04 - Jun 16 with 2712 viewsToast_R

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:57 - Jun 16 by flynnbo

MW in as DOF so that when GA leaves, MW steps in saving the club searching for a new coach.

There is a massive chasm though between the footballing philosophies of GA and MW. Or is there?

One likes going long getting nowhere and the other prefers going side to side going nowhere.
Big news coming out of the club? on 12:05 - Jun 16 with 2701 viewssparkey

Big news coming out of the club? on 12:02 - Jun 16 by daveB

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-gallen-a-contender-for-qpr-role-aft

When i first read that i thought it said Kevin Gallen...

Nearly had a f***ing heart attack
Big news coming out of the club? on 12:14 - Jun 16 with 2572 viewsderbyhoop

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:48 - Jun 16 by Rangersw12

I'm not celebrating this but his position was untenable after the last 18 months but I do think overall he's done a decent job in very difficult circumstances

I actually think Hoos is far more culpable for the general malaise/drift of the club as he is LF boss and he also needs to go as we need someone to take the club by the scruff of the neck and be the best we can be rather than throwing hands up blaming everything on FFP

Hoos is responsible for the day to day running of the club + forward strategy. He is not a football man.
Considering we have a tiny budget, by Championship standards, with a small outdated ground, for which we cannot find (or afford) an alternative, Hoos has done a remarkable job.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Big news coming out of the club? on 12:16 - Jun 16 with 2524 viewsE15Hoop

Big news coming out of the club? on 12:05 - Jun 16 by sparkey

When i first read that i thought it said Kevin Gallen...

Nearly had a f***ing heart attack

i think Steve Gallen would be a very sound appointment, and given that he was heading up the youth side when GA was caretaker manager, most likely means that the relationship they have is solid.

Also, SG has had less than a pot to piss in at Charlton, so is another one for whm our belt-tightening this season will not phase him in any way.
Big news coming out of the club? on 12:17 - Jun 16 with 2494 viewsOakR

I think it's probably a good decision, before things got more toxic.

Sometimes fresh ideas are what is needed, and the appointment of Aisnworth seemed to go against what we had been doing so maybe this was inevitable.

Good luck Les - you brought us more joy than most when you were playing that's for sure! Always welcome back.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Login to get fewer ads

Big news coming out of the club? on 12:22 - Jun 16 with 2420 viewsEastR

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:48 - Jun 16 by Rangersw12

I'm not celebrating this but his position was untenable after the last 18 months but I do think overall he's done a decent job in very difficult circumstances

I actually think Hoos is far more culpable for the general malaise/drift of the club as he is LF boss and he also needs to go as we need someone to take the club by the scruff of the neck and be the best we can be rather than throwing hands up blaming everything on FFP

Hoos was never Ferdinand's boss

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Big news coming out of the club? on 12:24 - Jun 16 with 2402 viewsTK1

Big news coming out of the club? on 12:02 - Jun 16 by daveB

Most logical step, all things considered. Joe is between jobs too.
Big news coming out of the club? on 12:25 - Jun 16 with 2395 viewsGloucs_R

Gallen being mentioned by Dave Mac as a possible replacement. I think he would be more suited to working with Ainsworth than Warburton might be.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Big news coming out of the club? on 12:27 - Jun 16 with 2367 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I think it will work if they are left alone, but if Steve Gallen and Gareth Ainsworth doesn’t send a clear message about our place in the footballing world then nothing will.
Big news coming out of the club? on 12:28 - Jun 16 with 2332 viewskingsburyR

Dear QPR.

It is ok to look beyond men with solid QPR links to employ in managerial positions.

Kind Regards

A bloke that sits in MU

P.S. No I don't have a suggestion about who could replace LF although I'd be happy with Mark Warburton!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Big news coming out of the club? on 12:30 - Jun 16 with 2302 viewsE15Hoop

Big news coming out of the club? on 12:04 - Jun 16 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Now watch the sh!t that gets signed, all in the image of Wycombe. The owners must have backed Ainsworth then.

You clearly haven't bothered either looking at the way Wycombe have played in the last couple of seasons in particular, listened to what opposing managers have had to say about the job that GA and RD have done there, watched what players who have gone on and achieved significant things have had to say about the impact that they've had on them, or in fact read or listened to anything that would mean you might have to change your lazy, ill-thought out opinion.
Its one thing to have bothered doing that and disagree with what I and several others think.
Its quite another to just show yourself up by making ignorant comments without giving any kind of evidence to back your opinion up.
Big news coming out of the club? on 12:34 - Jun 16 with 2256 viewsJuzzie

Goodbye Les. So long and thanks for all the fish.

Will always be a footballing hero of mine, can't really comment on the DoF side because, if I'm honest, I don't really know how all that stuff works but it does seem that time and tide waits for no man.

There's been talk of GA and MW having completely different styles of play but who actually has the last word on that? Is it the Manager or the DOF? Surely whoever's it is, they then have to be supported by the other and the rest of the club to that end?

So, if it is the Manager than can't see MW coming back unless GA is heavily compensated to leave 'thanks for keeping us up' etc. and someone is brought in.

If it is the DoF then that can cause problems for GA if MW is brought in. Does GA then have to walk (maybe that's the plan?) or do they spend the whole season arguing with each other while the club goes down the pan?

Finally, if not MW after all, who would then replace Les as DoF?
Big news coming out of the club? on 12:34 - Jun 16 with 2249 viewsRangersw12

Big news coming out of the club? on 12:22 - Jun 16 by EastR

Hoos was never Ferdinand's boss

He said he was in the LSA meeting in March/April although I could have read the minutes wrong 🤷
[Post edited 16 Jun 2023 12:39]
Big news coming out of the club? on 12:36 - Jun 16 with 2231 viewsE15Hoop

Big news coming out of the club? on 12:27 - Jun 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think it will work if they are left alone, but if Steve Gallen and Gareth Ainsworth doesn’t send a clear message about our place in the footballing world then nothing will.

It is what it is, Bazza (to quote onje of our "beloved" former managers..
At least it would be a proactive positive step to this being the bottom of the curve.
Big news coming out of the club? on 12:37 - Jun 16 with 2205 viewsDejR_vu

Big news coming out of the club? on 12:25 - Jun 16 by Gloucs_R

Gallen being mentioned by Dave Mac as a possible replacement. I think he would be more suited to working with Ainsworth than Warburton might be.

Dave Mac doesn't even know what his own journalists are saying. I'm always surprised people give so much credence to what he says, he seems to be very vague about a lot of things but is quick to report them when they have already happened. I suspect he will know even less now.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Big news coming out of the club? on 12:45 - Jun 16 with 2062 viewsE15Hoop

Big news coming out of the club? on 12:37 - Jun 16 by DejR_vu

Dave Mac doesn't even know what his own journalists are saying. I'm always surprised people give so much credence to what he says, he seems to be very vague about a lot of things but is quick to report them when they have already happened. I suspect he will know even less now.

I think tht's a bit of a sweeping staement, and somewhat harsh on Dave Mc.
I do remember him being wide of the mark on one thing (can't ermember what now), but on pretty much everything else, I can't rememebr him being anything else but bang on the money.
I think the fact that Gallen and Warbs are in the running for the DoF job is not the most earth-shattering announcement.
Big news coming out of the club? on 12:49 - Jun 16 with 2006 viewsvanrrrr

Good luck , Sir Les.

Ainsworth and Gallen? Feels like a double Nostalgia card. Good League 1 set up though.
Big news coming out of the club? on 12:51 - Jun 16 with 1973 viewsSheffieldHoop

I don't really get how Ferdinand did a good job as DOF. Came in Feb 2015, club in prem but certain to be relegated so nothing he could do about that.

He then has 3 years of parachute payments, which are spent in mid-table championship, paying very good money to very average footballers. Didn't even make the playoffs. In these years we got overtaken by Bournemouth, Brighton, Middlesbrough. We're buying players like Chery, Luongo, N'gbakoto....also Ben Gladwin, Connor Washington & Sean Goss. Generally still buying high and selling low.

Then we go into the no-budget last-minute panic loan & we need to develop to survive years. Started every season in need of 3-4 loan signings. Usually got just about enough over the line to survive. But not challenging to win anything, bringing through a couple of players but also losing players on free transfers etc. But generally, moving in the right direction-ish. If you ignore signings like Alex Baptiste. In this time we get overtaken by Brentford, Fulham, Leeds, Sheff U

Then we have the uptick under MW, not making the playoffs again, the appointment of MB, and we can all remember how it went from there. In this time we get overtaken by Luton, Coventry, Sunderland.....Who've all spent considerable periods in Leagues 1 & 2 while Les has been in post.

Sakura pretty much nails it as usual - This stuff about "Agree with your point but not the way you made it" is drivel. Les Ferdinand last played for QPR 28 years ago. In the same way a lot of fans don't get the obsession with Rodney, or Stanley, because they came before their time.....You're going to start seeing that more and more with Les too.

Re: the stuff about CA.....Charlie Austin is this generation's Les Ferdinand. Always worth bearing in mind when looking at Twitter.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Big news coming out of the club? on 12:52 - Jun 16 with 1982 viewsdaveB

in the last 20+ years since hes reported on Rangers he's the most reliable journalist you can find on QPR
Big news coming out of the club? on 13:05 - Jun 16 with 3005 viewsE15Hoop

Big news coming out of the club? on 12:52 - Jun 16 by daveB

in the last 20+ years since hes reported on Rangers he's the most reliable journalist you can find on QPR

Certainly one of the few to bother probing below the surface, anyway.
Big news coming out of the club? on 13:11 - Jun 16 with 2909 viewsMatch82

Big news coming out of the club? on 12:51 - Jun 16 by SheffieldHoop

I don't really get how Ferdinand did a good job as DOF. Came in Feb 2015, club in prem but certain to be relegated so nothing he could do about that.

He then has 3 years of parachute payments, which are spent in mid-table championship, paying very good money to very average footballers. Didn't even make the playoffs. In these years we got overtaken by Bournemouth, Brighton, Middlesbrough. We're buying players like Chery, Luongo, N'gbakoto....also Ben Gladwin, Connor Washington & Sean Goss. Generally still buying high and selling low.

Then we go into the no-budget last-minute panic loan & we need to develop to survive years. Started every season in need of 3-4 loan signings. Usually got just about enough over the line to survive. But not challenging to win anything, bringing through a couple of players but also losing players on free transfers etc. But generally, moving in the right direction-ish. If you ignore signings like Alex Baptiste. In this time we get overtaken by Brentford, Fulham, Leeds, Sheff U

Then we have the uptick under MW, not making the playoffs again, the appointment of MB, and we can all remember how it went from there. In this time we get overtaken by Luton, Coventry, Sunderland.....Who've all spent considerable periods in Leagues 1 & 2 while Les has been in post.

Sakura pretty much nails it as usual - This stuff about "Agree with your point but not the way you made it" is drivel. Les Ferdinand last played for QPR 28 years ago. In the same way a lot of fans don't get the obsession with Rodney, or Stanley, because they came before their time.....You're going to start seeing that more and more with Les too.

Re: the stuff about CA.....Charlie Austin is this generation's Les Ferdinand. Always worth bearing in mind when looking at Twitter.

Take a look at the squad, wage bill and atmosphere that Ferdinand inherited.
There is a reason we were buying players like the ones you mentioned, we were in an awful place financially and the club was rotten to the core.

He made some mistakes like anyone does but if you go back to this time 2 years ago, can you genuinely tell me that the club wasn't in the healthiest and most sustainable state it had been in for decades? We had the wage bill under control, were bringing youth players through in the first time in forever, were playing attractive easy to watch football and winning games.

Since then it's gone south and that's why he isn't here, not arguing that. But if you look at the tenure his time here most of it was a success.
Big news coming out of the club? on 13:14 - Jun 16 with 2852 viewsParkRoyalR

According to Dave Mac,

Joe Gallen spent many years coaching at QPR - did he?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024