Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big news coming out of the club? 17:57 - Jun 15 with 57534 viewsGloucs_R

No I don't know what it is but the Twitterarti all seem to be getting very excited.

Anyone know anything??
[Post edited 15 Jun 2023 17:59]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Big news coming out of the club? on 23:12 - Jun 15 with 4654 viewsTalkingRangers

Big news coming out of the club? on 22:28 - Jun 15 by davman

Totally agree. I enjoy Charlie's insights on the podcast, but this is all a bit unnecessary. If you know something, but can't say anything then say nothing. This reeks of attention seeking, which is poor and unnecessary.

We all know that whatever it is, it will be a massive anti-climax.

In the void of nothingness coming from the club, we're all hungry for something to indicate that they are not going to keep going like we have for the years since the last promotion - that would be insanity, right? So, this panders to that and its not helpful or comfortable.

If you can say something, say it, if you can't keep schtum.

Its the way of the social media - not good.

Completely valid. I would never dare post anything if I wasn’t sure and it wasn’t a trusted source. I was told I could release and name, so I tweeted, went to follow up and was told I couldn’t at this stage. I never try to fake and be the “ITK” - my plan was never to just release a “big news” and call it a day. Apologies for being a nob, it’s not me (well not normally).
[Post edited 15 Jun 2023 23:27]
Big news coming out of the club? on 23:14 - Jun 15 with 4640 viewsbosh67

Louis Theroux to investigate what actually happened last season?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Big news coming out of the club? on 23:51 - Jun 15 with 4382 viewscaliforniahoop

Big news coming out of the club? on 23:12 - Jun 15 by TalkingRangers

Completely valid. I would never dare post anything if I wasn’t sure and it wasn’t a trusted source. I was told I could release and name, so I tweeted, went to follow up and was told I couldn’t at this stage. I never try to fake and be the “ITK” - my plan was never to just release a “big news” and call it a day. Apologies for being a nob, it’s not me (well not normally).

Well, I was told by a Middle East contact in the week that we had acquired some land we have been after for a while, I checked but was told it was fake news, either my Middle Eastern guy was mistaken or the person I checked with threw me a curve ball.
Big news coming out of the club? on 00:05 - Jun 16 with 4290 viewsLoftgirl

Big news coming out of the club? on 00:07 - Jun 16 with 4289 viewsLoftgirl

Big news coming out of the club? on 19:30 - Jun 15 by dmm

I can't see Warburton coming back to QPR. His leaving wasn't with mutual love and kisses, and all the people he had issues with are still here.

For now.
Big news coming out of the club? on 01:18 - Jun 16 with 4083 viewsDannyPaddox

Theroux … poor show with the scarf … you’ve always been and always will be a poor man’s Jon Ronson.
Big news coming out of the club? on 01:38 - Jun 16 with 4048 viewsSydneyRs

The timing of Warburton's departure from West Ham is certainly interesting. Hard to see how someone with his football philosophy could work with Ainsworth though.
Big news coming out of the club? on 04:13 - Jun 16 with 3895 viewsHAYESBOY

Big news coming out of the club? on 00:05 - Jun 16 by Loftgirl

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Big news coming out of the club? on 04:58 - Jun 16 with 3844 viewsLoftgirl

Big news coming out of the club? on 04:13 - Jun 16 by HAYESBOY

Big news coming out of the club? on 05:33 - Jun 16 with 3784 viewsearthdweller

Big news coming out of the club? on 04:58 - Jun 16 by Loftgirl

Big news coming out of the club? on 06:15 - Jun 16 with 3669 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Big news coming out of the club? on 22:28 - Jun 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

I guess we apportion blame to different people or we're misunderstanding each other.

It should be noted the pedigree that has passed through this club with and without and including Les Ferdinand that the owners have fcked off:

- International Managers
- Title Winning Managers
- Managers with 13 Promotions between them
- Elite Coaches
- International Coaches
- England Youth Coaches

Are the underewealming tenures of all those really down to bad luck or lack of ability?

My ire lies with them (the owners). That is the source of the failure I mention. Despite what fans say, LF was considered the top of his game when he joined. The only thing that's been a catalyst in that change in status is his time here under the purview of the owners.

Last 18 months a disaster, of course, but I really believe that the culprits are the same guys that have been around since 2012.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2023 22:51]

When you put it like that then its difficult to argue. I think Les has done Ok considering what a mess the club was in, but the DoF role still isn't working correctly and that blame ultimately needs to be on the owners.
The past 12/18 months have been an almost complete disaster though and Les should probably go. Still a legend in my eyes.

For what it's worth the big news is either a new ground, Warburton back in some role, or a big damp squid.
Big news coming out of the club? on 07:13 - Jun 16 with 3427 viewsEsox_Lucius

Les resigns as DoF as he has bought out Tony Fernandes to become a full owner and board member. His first job is to appoint Mark Warburton to replace him.
Twitter implodes.

The grass is always greener.

Big news coming out of the club? on 07:17 - Jun 16 with 3413 viewsQPR_Jim

Big news coming out of the club? on 06:15 - Jun 16 by Wilkinswatercarrier

When you put it like that then its difficult to argue. I think Les has done Ok considering what a mess the club was in, but the DoF role still isn't working correctly and that blame ultimately needs to be on the owners.
The past 12/18 months have been an almost complete disaster though and Les should probably go. Still a legend in my eyes.

For what it's worth the big news is either a new ground, Warburton back in some role, or a big damp squid.

I agree with this.

Getting rid of MW I could live with and MB looked like a good appointment, as did Critchley. The issue was needing to get rid of MW players then brining in MB players then when we couldn't do wholesale changes for NC having to replace him with a manager who could motivate the squad to get them over the line.

It might not be ideal that the owners are hands off but signing players managers want just because they're loyal to them is what the DoF should be avoiding and the failure in that area is nothing to do with the owners. Perhaps more hands on owners would have intervened but I think the remit is quite clear and they shouldn't have to remind the DoF of that.
Big news coming out of the club? on 07:26 - Jun 16 with 3338 viewsdavman

Big news coming out of the club? on 23:12 - Jun 15 by TalkingRangers

Fair enough, matey. No worries.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Big news coming out of the club? on 07:53 - Jun 16 with 3173 viewsJordanFoster

90% sure it’s nothing to do with Warbs - sadly. He was parachuted in over Moyes and it never quite worked. He also didn’t get on with Moyes style of play unfortunately.

Would imagine it’s board changes or similar.
Big news coming out of the club? on 07:56 - Jun 16 with 3143 viewsdistortR

Big news coming out of the club? on 07:17 - Jun 16 by QPR_Jim

I agree with this.

Getting rid of MW I could live with and MB looked like a good appointment, as did Critchley. The issue was needing to get rid of MW players then brining in MB players then when we couldn't do wholesale changes for NC having to replace him with a manager who could motivate the squad to get them over the line.

It might not be ideal that the owners are hands off but signing players managers want just because they're loyal to them is what the DoF should be avoiding and the failure in that area is nothing to do with the owners. Perhaps more hands on owners would have intervened but I think the remit is quite clear and they shouldn't have to remind the DoF of that.

Yeah, can't abide the personal vitriol aimed at Les, but the DoF oversee's the footballing stratagy................
I can well believe his role is actually more one of trying to mitigate some of our owner's interference, mind, but his role is DoF and it was a clusterfck last season.
Big news coming out of the club? on 08:03 - Jun 16 with 3106 viewsearthdweller

Ainsworth out. José Mourinho in. You heard it here first
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:00 - Jun 16 with 2650 viewsAntti_Heinola

WAIT A MINUTE...!

IS THAT... THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR'S MUSIC?

Bare bones.

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:02 - Jun 16 with 2625 viewsRangersw12

I really hope the club have someone lined up to replace him
[Post edited 16 Jun 2023 9:03]
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:07 - Jun 16 with 2546 viewsQPR_Jim

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:02 - Jun 16 by Rangersw12

I really hope the club have someone lined up to replace him
[Post edited 16 Jun 2023 9:03]

Unfortunate it didn't work out after a promising start, he'll always be a club legend for his playing days and for keeping us competitive while cutting budgets..

I hope the idea is to replace the DoF rather than scrap the system as I believe it is our best option.
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:07 - Jun 16 with 2543 viewsToast_R

Ah well. It was always on the cards. We'll probably find out now over the next couple of years that Les Ferdinand wasn't the problem.
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:08 - Jun 16 with 2506 viewsSonofpugwash

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:12 - Jun 16 with 2440 viewsdaveB

will be interesting to find out did he walk or was it a club choice to change direction. Timing of it would suggest he has walked but who knows

Whether people think he did a good job or not he's a club legend who deserves far more respect than he gets
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:12 - Jun 16 with 2435 viewsSydneyRs

Well, let's hope something positive comes of this.

At the very least, a lot of people should see some relief from RSI caused by constantly typing "DOF"
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:13 - Jun 16 with 2412 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nothing to be celebrated IMO.

We’ll be here again soon enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024