Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread 09:21 - Feb 23 with 43428 viewsPhil_S

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:27 - Feb 23 with 2324 viewsGeoffThom

No disgrace in that at all far better teams than us have had a hiding up there so well pleased with the way we played no worries about relegation in me now
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:27 - Feb 23 with 2310 viewsorion3016

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:27 - Feb 23 by GeoffThom

No disgrace in that at all far better teams than us have had a hiding up there so well pleased with the way we played no worries about relegation in me now

me neither, still 12th

Be over there now after

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:28 - Feb 23 with 2283 viewsGiant_Penguins

don't know if its a disaster, but it's def. not great.
Some nice attacking so it's a pity that we let them get 4. Didnt expect to get anything today so not to torn up but after the 3-3 looking like we might actually be able to take it I'm a little disappointed with the goals that we gave away to easily
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:28 - Feb 23 with 2264 viewsDull1Thomas

Ultra criticism - Ash's defending in first half and Nathan's lack of goals also in the first half.
Vorm - spectator in first half, I wide he'd come for crosses and hold the ball.

Otherwise another excellent performance.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:28 - Feb 23 with 2248 viewsNogginthenog

Can't be too downhearted after that level of performance, just a jammy goal took the points. Well done Swans. We have got our mojo back.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Feb 23 with 2201 viewsZut_Alors

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:26 - Feb 23 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Don't know about anyone else, but I feel completely and utterly devastated.

I don't if it's the same for you, but since Monk's been in charge the passion seems to be back with the supporters as much as the players. Even better when we win, but the losses hurt a lot, too. Laudrup's apathy was infectious.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Feb 23 with 2190 viewsLiam12345

trust our deffence to practically not turn up today could have won that but time to move on

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:31 - Feb 23 with 2135 viewskarnataka

Everyone was expecting us to get steamrollered. I knew we were capable of winning but wasn't expecting to. What I did want to see thought was a great performance even if we lost so that the form we've produced against Cardiff, Stoke & Napoli was continued and we certainly got that. Extremely proud of the boys today especially considering what happened to Everton & Arsenal there recently.
Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:31 - Feb 23 with 2128 viewsjacksinceever

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:25 - Feb 23 by ApeShit

Shut up you sound like a prick.

When did Laudrup ever rest players? Get a grip.

We need the points against Palace more than we need to progress in the Europa League but I think Monk can shuffle the players around and get a result in both, we'll see!

Shut up yourself. Jack London suggested that we should not have exerted so much effort for no gain. ML injected the fear factor into the players. Monk has injected belief that we can get a result anywhere. I'd rather try and lose than not try, as we seemed to be most of the last 12 months under ML. ML rested players and changed the squad all the time. Do you actually watch Swans?
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:31 - Feb 23 with 2113 viewslonglostjack

Very good performance - point would have been good but we performed better than Arsenal up there and that after a tough game on Thursday- let's do it in Naples !!!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:31 - Feb 23 with 2106 viewsDarran

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:26 - Feb 23 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Don't know about anyone else, but I feel completely and utterly devastated.

Yep ive already stated how I feel,three goals away at Anf and f*ck all for it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:32 - Feb 23 with 2090 viewsDull1Thomas

Why wasn't Skirtel sent off?

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:32 - Feb 23 with 2063 viewsDarran

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:31 - Feb 23 by jacksinceever

Shut up yourself. Jack London suggested that we should not have exerted so much effort for no gain. ML injected the fear factor into the players. Monk has injected belief that we can get a result anywhere. I'd rather try and lose than not try, as we seemed to be most of the last 12 months under ML. ML rested players and changed the squad all the time. Do you actually watch Swans?

Get into him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:32 - Feb 23 with 2058 viewsPozuelosSideys

Im suprised people are complaining about the result and the performance. Thought we played well and i think most people would have bit your hand off for that result for the game.

Arsenal got smashed.

However, we have our team back. Rock n roll!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:33 - Feb 23 with 2033 viewsairedale

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:24 - Feb 23 by Dull1Thomas

Watched on 'Stadium live' USA very good commentary

Snap.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:33 - Feb 23 with 2033 viewsmonmouth

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:28 - Feb 23 by Nogginthenog

Can't be too downhearted after that level of performance, just a jammy goal took the points. Well done Swans. We have got our mojo back.

Vorm actually made one of the saves of the season there. If only it had bounced somewhere else, we might be singing a different tune. I'm very proud of my team. To come back from 2 down after 20 minutes there is phenomenal. At 3-3 I fancied us but they, playing at home in their current form, just had that little bit of extra beliefand luck. It's a shame thatNatan picked today to have a rare mare (in the 1st half anyway) or I reckon we'd have scored 5 or 6. Whether that would have been enough today mind, god knows.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Feb 23 with 1949 viewsApeShit

I don't think we've ever tried to lose.

ML changed the team all the time? God forbid, calm down son I think Monk is the man to save us this season but ML has never put out a weakened squad like Monk did against Everton.

Keep your knickers on.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Feb 23 with 1947 viewsLiam12345

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:32 - Feb 23 by PozuelosSideys

Im suprised people are complaining about the result and the performance. Thought we played well and i think most people would have bit your hand off for that result for the game.

Arsenal got smashed.

However, we have our team back. Rock n roll!

as much as people complain it doesn't mean they want the whole team sacked and that it was shit its just that it was uterley devestating

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Feb 23 with 1923 viewsDull1Thomas

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:33 - Feb 23 by monmouth

Vorm actually made one of the saves of the season there. If only it had bounced somewhere else, we might be singing a different tune. I'm very proud of my team. To come back from 2 down after 20 minutes there is phenomenal. At 3-3 I fancied us but they, playing at home in their current form, just had that little bit of extra beliefand luck. It's a shame thatNatan picked today to have a rare mare (in the 1st half anyway) or I reckon we'd have scored 5 or 6. Whether that would have been enough today mind, god knows.

Great to score three especially after the duck on Thursday - good for confidence against a team of similar stare to Napoli.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:36 - Feb 23 with 1892 viewsBLAZE

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Feb 23 by ApeShit

I don't think we've ever tried to lose.

ML changed the team all the time? God forbid, calm down son I think Monk is the man to save us this season but ML has never put out a weakened squad like Monk did against Everton.

Keep your knickers on.

Liverpool away last year!?
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:37 - Feb 23 with 1857 viewsicecoldjack

Gutted i have to say . Woeful defending yet again by us, i thought we had seen the back of it but all the old habits crept in again today,some lads out there were playing with the Heart and not the head .

Nathen was terrible first half,ash,rangel and taylor not much better, all former brenden lovers too which is why i think the heart was ruling the head a little bit.

Thats the negative stuff out the way!

The positives are that we are creating plenty of chances and while Bony has a game where he looks like scoring is alien to him,he follows it up in the next game ! Routs played well and overall the never say die attitude enabled us to get back into the game and to draw level .

gutted we lost as i thought a draw was a fair result, we cant think about the team for Napoli as we are now at the point where its the strongest team every week, its the buisness end of the season and all the resting and rotation and injury recovery has been done.

The boys should be strong enough to play 2 games in a week for the next month so lets go for each game .

I thought Liverpool were spawney as fook today and im gutted we lost, the defending was shite but rather that at anfield than against Palace and the like later on .

A few players like chico not quite 100% focussed properly saw that it was going to be a defeat.

Very proud of all the players just the same , sometimes you get a bit of luck sometimes you dont .
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:37 - Feb 23 with 1850 viewsJokeren1943

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Feb 23 by Dull1Thomas

Great to score three especially after the duck on Thursday - good for confidence against a team of similar stare to Napoli.

Lot of heart and commiment today. BIG Plus.

Taylor did a fantastic job today.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:38 - Feb 23 with 1832 viewsApeShit

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:36 - Feb 23 by BLAZE

Liverpool away last year!?

OK, fair enough
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:38 - Feb 23 with 1832 viewsDull1Thomas

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:33 - Feb 23 by airedale

Snap.

LeSuax just taken the discussion away fro Liverpool to inform the USA that Swansea had had a physical demanding draw with Napoli just a few days ago and their performance today was outstanding.

Don't get that recognition from Keane etc.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:38 - Feb 23 with 1832 viewsbermudajack

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:23 - Feb 23 by crackerjack

Superb overall performance... just let down by some awful defending. Play like that against Palace & WBA & we'll get the 6 points

Generally looked great going forward, could and should have buried a couple more today, Dyer unusually poor today, got in great positions but looked in two minds.

Our whole team set up to attack today, when we brought Cannas on I thought we'd tighten up a bit at the back, but our wingers kept pushing up, offering little protection at the back.

We need to learn how to play tight and shut up shop when the scoreline suits us, a little naive and gung-ho when it was 3-3, kept pushing up leaving too much space behind us, the amount of time that their strikers had before being closed down was scary.

Allen came on and bossed a tired midfield, when I saw N Gog come on I thought he might have a couple of chances to draw level, he missed a great opportunity when Pablo fed him and Ash had an air shot. Right at the end he got the ball in a good position, but got easily bullied off the ball resulting in a tame back pass to Minolet.

Overall a great performance, not the heights of Thursday but encouraging non the less

Poll: Priority for new manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024