Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread 09:21 - Feb 23 with 43422 viewsPhil_S

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 17:03 - Feb 23 with 2080 viewsJack123

Ah well at least it wasn't a stuffing.. I thought dyer again superb, and Britton and Routledge not that good a game.

libera nos a malo

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 17:06 - Feb 23 with 2054 viewsDull1Thomas

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 17:03 - Feb 23 by Jack123

Ah well at least it wasn't a stuffing.. I thought dyer again superb, and Britton and Routledge not that good a game.

Thought Routledge was outstanding.
Dyer messed up a couple of opportunities but was good and Leon got bypassed in the second half.

Generally good all round - should take a lot of confidence into the next game after that.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Feb 23 with 1984 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:34 - Feb 23 by Dr_Winston

Just hope after Thursday we've got enough left to overturn Palace. That's three points we still can't really afford to let go begging.

Two weeks break then should see us right.

Doc, "3 points begging", did you watch Palace play Manu, they may have lost but boy they gave them trouble for the whole 90 minutes. The boys will have to be at their best to beat them as they are desperate to stay up as well.
It is going to be a tough game after 6 games in 2 weeks, let's just hope they can keep up this kind of intensity to get those 3 points.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 17:26 - Feb 23 with 1970 viewsDr_Winston

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Feb 23 by A_Fans_Dad

Doc, "3 points begging", did you watch Palace play Manu, they may have lost but boy they gave them trouble for the whole 90 minutes. The boys will have to be at their best to beat them as they are desperate to stay up as well.
It is going to be a tough game after 6 games in 2 weeks, let's just hope they can keep up this kind of intensity to get those 3 points.

Yes I did. And the simple fact remains that we're at home and playing one of the sides around us in the league. It's a game that the club will no doubt have identified as a "should win".

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 17:28 - Feb 23 with 1965 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 17:03 - Feb 23 by Jack123

I can't really understand the guys slagging off Nathan earlier, unless it was due to disappointment. He attacked and attacked and attacked and defended, they way he whipped the ball off of Saurez was superb.
I just hope Chico's injury was not too bad.
It showed how desperate Liverpool were to keep the ball after play restarted.
Liverpool were so damned lucky with their 4th goal.
As usual the ref let them kick lumps out of us and knock us about.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 17:33 - Feb 23 with 1929 viewsLiam12345

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 17:28 - Feb 23 by A_Fans_Dad

I can't really understand the guys slagging off Nathan earlier, unless it was due to disappointment. He attacked and attacked and attacked and defended, they way he whipped the ball off of Saurez was superb.
I just hope Chico's injury was not too bad.
It showed how desperate Liverpool were to keep the ball after play restarted.
Liverpool were so damned lucky with their 4th goal.
As usual the ref let them kick lumps out of us and knock us about.

pisses me off when dyer tries running through opposition players and having a shit touch but he can be good

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 17:54 - Feb 23 with 1838 viewsSwanseajill

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 17:33 - Feb 23 by Liam12345

pisses me off when dyer tries running through opposition players and having a shit touch but he can be good

Outstanding player, name of Nathan Dyer, player of the season recently.
Do you either mean...he can be good. Or do you mean.....tries running through players and has a shit touch?
Unbelievable!!!
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:03 - Feb 23 with 1788 viewsymaohyd

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:43 - Feb 23 by swanduck

I don't know why people are so gutted - before the match most people didn't think we would get anything. We knew we were capable of getting a point and we nearly did! It was a great performance. No points but most of us weren't expecting any!

The team will go to Napoli brimming with confidence after their recent performances, and hopefully we can really give it a good go on Thursday.

As someone else said - play like that against Palace and West Brom and that will be 6 points in the bag - which IMO will all but see us safe from relegation.

Didn't think we'd get anything from today, again GM and his team have surprised me. Gutted that we are playing Napoli to be honest. I hate saying it but we could do with a weeks rest and be playing with 100% intensity next Sunday.
I can see a draw next week (against Palace). So disappointing that we don't have the points in the bag to enjoy this European experience. As well as we are playing , we still need those wins and until the fixtures come and we get them can't really enjoy other games.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:05 - Feb 23 with 1774 viewsLiam12345

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 17:54 - Feb 23 by Swanseajill

Outstanding player, name of Nathan Dyer, player of the season recently.
Do you either mean...he can be good. Or do you mean.....tries running through players and has a shit touch?
Unbelievable!!!

i think he is a very good quality player. Sometimes when he is not inform as much his touches can be bad and he often tries running through players however i do like it because he puts in the effort i did not call him a shit player.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:09 - Feb 23 with 1762 viewsshingle

Need to put out a second string team against Napoli, something we should have done even in the group stages this fcuking Europa cup has done my head in, we are punching well above our weight being in the Prem and doing a fine job then we decide to play our best team in this cup and by doing so we may very well lose our place in this great league, because of taking this cup seriously that little edge has been off our players which we need to compete against the Prem teams, we need our best players fresh and fit for the Palace game fcuk the Europa cup.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 18:11]
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:10 - Feb 23 with 1755 viewsDull1Thomas

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:09 - Feb 23 by shingle

Need to put out a second string team against Napoli, something we should have done even in the group stages this fcuking Europa cup has done my head in, we are punching well above our weight being in the Prem and doing a fine job then we decide to play our best team in this cup and by doing so we may very well lose our place in this great league, because of taking this cup seriously that little edge has been off our players which we need to compete against the Prem teams, we need our best players fresh and fit for the Palace game fcuk the Europa cup.

Shall we hand back the League Cup while we're at it?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:19 - Feb 23 with 1715 viewsMrSwerve

I really am shocked that there is any negativity about that performance today.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:21 - Feb 23 with 1701 viewsshingle

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:10 - Feb 23 by Dull1Thomas

Shall we hand back the League Cup while we're at it?

What are you trying to say, the Europa cup is another cup on top of the two domestic cups it`s to much mun, the be all and end all is to stay in the Prem.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:28 - Feb 23 with 1670 viewsSwanseajill

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:05 - Feb 23 by Liam12345

i think he is a very good quality player. Sometimes when he is not inform as much his touches can be bad and he often tries running through players however i do like it because he puts in the effort i did not call him a shit player.

No you just said he had a shit touch.

Stats tell us he was the most fouled player at Anfield today. Why diss any of our players after the performance they put on today,or is it just typing for a reaction...it lmust be?
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:40 - Feb 23 with 1621 viewsmonmouth

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:19 - Feb 23 by MrSwerve

I really am shocked that there is any negativity about that performance today.

Its just disappointment at coming so close (I hope). Scoring 3 and not winning IS disappointing, but also conceding 4 and coming away with confidence fully intact is an amazing relief,especially after that horrific start.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:43 - Feb 23 with 1612 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:28 - Feb 23 by Swanseajill

Stats tell us he was the most fouled player at Anfield today. Why diss any of our players after the performance they put on today,or is it just typing for a reaction...it lmust be?

Where can I see those Stats please?
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:25 - Feb 23 with 1480 viewsBloodyhills

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 13:40 - Feb 23 by ApeShit

Its been 5 minutes?!!

Chico's been shot again though

You'd think they'd ban those snipers from the Kop!
:D

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:28 - Feb 23 with 1469 viewsLiam12345

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:28 - Feb 23 by Swanseajill

by shit touch i mean that he sometimes struggle to control the ball and lets the ball go out of play he is a good player i am not heavily criticising our players to the point where i am saying, 'THERE ALL SHIT SACK THEM ALL'

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:34 - Feb 23 with 1439 viewsunion_jack

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:09 - Feb 23 by shingle

The problem is that if we go through to the next round, players will start losing focus on the important thing which is NOT the Europa Cup.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:35 - Feb 23 with 1434 viewsBloodyhills

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 14:30 - Feb 23 by karnataka

I live in Somerset. Where are all these holes of which you speak? I haven't seen any more than anywhere else.

Maybe you can't see them because they are full of water.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:38 - Feb 23 with 1423 viewsMolliemick

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:28 - Feb 23 by Liam12345

by shit touch i mean that he sometimes struggle to control the ball and lets the ball go out of play he is a good player i am not heavily criticising our players to the point where i am saying, 'THERE ALL SHIT SACK THEM ALL'

Stop before you really show your stupidity and ignorance. Please!
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:43 - Feb 23 with 1403 viewsBloodyhills

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:26 - Feb 23 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Don't know about anyone else, but I feel completely and utterly devastated.

I just feel proud of the boys.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:44 - Feb 23 with 1393 viewsJJ08

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:21 - Feb 23 by JackInLondon

Dirty feckers this lot.

Btw Shelvey - look at how Rodgers celebrated their 3rd goal!

Disaster or not, not good to have expended so much effort to not get any points back. Think they'll be knackered after this and we could have picked up knocks to at least Shelvey, Chico, Ash.

Does it really matter that much how or if he celebrates? Surely the choice is his and the main thing is that he scored. If he moved to another club and came back and scored celebrated like mad you'd be calling him any name you could mange to type.... Why do such little things bother such little people. Try to see the bigger picture, his goal started a comeback that almost got us a draw.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:47 - Feb 23 with 1385 viewsBloodyhills

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Feb 23 by Liam12345

trust our deffence to practically not turn up today could have won that but time to move on

You do realise that Liverpool are not a bad attacking team. Who was it they stuffed 5-1 the other week? Some top of the table team? ;-)

Our glass is much more than half full.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:48 - Feb 23 with 1380 viewsperchrockjack

Today was a day to be proud.
In pub before people came up to us and complimented our outfit .Respect in the way that pundits don't often show.

Liverpool buried their chances when we were lax and we did the same to them
We really deserved a better result.
The effort was staggering and commitment there for all to see although the result was hard to take.

Trust me, Liverpool were hanging on for dear life and their fans and local radio admitted as much.

Palace will be tricky and Pulis will have a plan but Im comforted we now have a manager who is arsed and one who makes the right calls during a game.

Not a day to be that upset ;disappointed no question. Those expecting nowt from todays game contrasted with that of the players who clearly hasn't read the sacrificial lamb script.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024