Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread 09:21 - Feb 23 with 43425 viewsPhil_S

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:52 - Feb 23 with 2331 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:48 - Feb 23 by perchrockjack

Today was a day to be proud.
In pub before people came up to us and complimented our outfit .Respect in the way that pundits don't often show.

Liverpool buried their chances when we were lax and we did the same to them
We really deserved a better result.
The effort was staggering and commitment there for all to see although the result was hard to take.

Trust me, Liverpool were hanging on for dear life and their fans and local radio admitted as much.

Palace will be tricky and Pulis will have a plan but Im comforted we now have a manager who is arsed and one who makes the right calls during a game.

Not a day to be that upset ;disappointed no question. Those expecting nowt from todays game contrasted with that of the players who clearly hasn't read the sacrificial lamb script.

Great post Richie!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:53 - Feb 23 with 2326 viewsBloodyhills

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 17:54 - Feb 23 by Swanseajill

Outstanding player, name of Nathan Dyer, player of the season recently.
Do you either mean...he can be good. Or do you mean.....tries running through players and has a shit touch?
Unbelievable!!!

Yep, for me Dyer is the player of the season so far.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:56 - Feb 23 with 2316 viewsraynor94

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:10 - Feb 23 by Dull1Thomas

Shall we hand back the League Cup while we're at it?

Fair play you really do amaze, I'm at a loss to understand your agenda

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:59 - Feb 23 with 2310 viewsharemscarem

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:53 - Feb 23 by Bloodyhills

Yep, for me Dyer is the player of the season so far.

Agree!

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 20:00 - Feb 23 with 2307 viewsperchrockjack

I wasn't posting for effect honest Bryn but feel very proud about that. We ve done well at Anfield before and the reds fans including many friends of mine have nothing but respect.

I feel the Board have made a big call in disposing of a manager when they did and one who was loved by so many. Now this former lover and erstwhile great player feels the need to top up his pension pot by 1m quid if we stay up. This is cheek worse than any Irish travelling roofer could come up with. If we stay up it will be a fantastic achievement and will be in spite of the dead-from- the- neck- up one.For me it s a masterstroke as we were on a downbound train which is now on track.
Routledge-an utter waste of space months ago was/is tracking back ,getting stuck in and showing real desire ;even JDG is slightly better although really light weight.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 20:08 - Feb 23 with 2265 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:43 - Feb 23 by Bloodyhills

I just feel proud of the boys.

My feelings of disappointment after the game were solely down to the boys deserving something from the match.

They put in such a shift I was desperate for them to get some tangible reward. We weren't far away from probably the greatest league result since we got to the Prem (and possibly ever). To come from 2 down away to Liverpool and come so close to a point (or even 3) yet get nothing....f*cking gutted.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 20:12 - Feb 23 with 2241 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 20:08 - Feb 23 by FearOfAJackPlanet

My feelings of disappointment after the game were solely down to the boys deserving something from the match.

They put in such a shift I was desperate for them to get some tangible reward. We weren't far away from probably the greatest league result since we got to the Prem (and possibly ever). To come from 2 down away to Liverpool and come so close to a point (or even 3) yet get nothing....f*cking gutted.

+100
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 20:30 - Feb 23 with 2158 viewsepaul

Just back and fukin gutted desreved something from that however I'm as proud as fuk tho of our team and Garry Monk

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Feb 23 with 2153 viewsLiam12345

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:47 - Feb 23 by Bloodyhills

You do realise that Liverpool are not a bad attacking team. Who was it they stuffed 5-1 the other week? Some top of the table team? ;-)

Our glass is much more than half full.

fair point trust them to have the best strike partnership in the premier league

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 20:39 - Feb 23 with 2130 viewsepaul

Bonys pen who's the t wat with the beard

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 21:00 - Feb 23 with 2076 viewsLiam12345

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 20:39 - Feb 23 by epaul

Bonys pen who's the t wat with the beard

seats at anfield are shit aint they any higher you see fck all

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 21:16 - Feb 23 with 2029 viewsBloodyhills

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:46 - Feb 23 by ApeShit

We didn't get nothing?

Glass half full or half empty?

Or has someone just stolen your glass!

We played well against one of the form teams in the league and could have got a result. If we play like this for the rest of the season then we will stay up.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 21:23 - Feb 23 with 2007 viewsepaul

Spot on Richie, and in fairness for all the slagging off I've done of Liverpool, we got a hell of a lot of respect from them, every single scouser I talked to bigged us up

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 21:25 - Feb 23 with 2004 viewsStarsky

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:09 - Feb 23 by shingle

Need to put out a second string team against Napoli, something we should have done even in the group stages this fcuking Europa cup has done my head in, we are punching well above our weight being in the Prem and doing a fine job then we decide to play our best team in this cup and by doing so we may very well lose our place in this great league, because of taking this cup seriously that little edge has been off our players which we need to compete against the Prem teams, we need our best players fresh and fit for the Palace game fcuk the Europa cup.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 18:11]

Absolutely disagree.
God knows when were going to get the chance of playing in Europe again.
We've enough about us now to continue our European adventure AND stay in the Premier League.
It's not about scratching around the bottom of the league surviving year after year mun.

It's just the internet, init.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 21:41 - Feb 23 with 1934 viewsmonmouth

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 21:25 - Feb 23 by Starsky

Absolutely disagree.
God knows when were going to get the chance of playing in Europe again.
We've enough about us now to continue our European adventure AND stay in the Premier League.
It's not about scratching around the bottom of the league surviving year after year mun.

This.

We're still in a tie with a european heavyweight and a chance of last 16 in the last european competition we might ever play in (who knows?), and we have folk that want to send out a scratch team. Well, I think all our major players will be gagging to play in both games and would be most cheesed off if they were 'rested'. It's the best form of training and they'll only be tired if you tell them they are.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 21:43 - Feb 23 with 1928 viewswaynekerr55

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 21:41 - Feb 23 by monmouth

This.

We're still in a tie with a european heavyweight and a chance of last 16 in the last european competition we might ever play in (who knows?), and we have folk that want to send out a scratch team. Well, I think all our major players will be gagging to play in both games and would be most cheesed off if they were 'rested'. It's the best form of training and they'll only be tired if you tell them they are.

This is where clever use of sports science expertise comes in. Short and sharp sessions with plenty of recovery methods built in. Thank f*ck we haven't got Garcia involved otherwise we wouldn't have a squad left

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 21:48 - Feb 23 with 1913 viewsWinchWenJack

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Feb 23 by ApeShit

I don't think we've ever tried to lose.

ML changed the team all the time? God forbid, calm down son I think Monk is the man to save us this season but ML has never put out a weakened squad like Monk did against Everton.

Keep your knickers on.

Liverpoo last season 5-0, the week before the cup final?

''You're gonna meet some strangers. Welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments. Except for one or two. Some of them are angry. Some of them are mean. Most of them are twisted. Few of them are clean.'' 'tans initial phonecall to Solskjaer.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Feb 23 with 1908 viewsmonmouth

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 21:43 - Feb 23 by waynekerr55

This is where clever use of sports science expertise comes in. Short and sharp sessions with plenty of recovery methods built in. Thank f*ck we haven't got Garcia involved otherwise we wouldn't have a squad left

Active rest mush, it's the new black.....or it was in 2003...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 22:12 - Feb 23 with 1851 viewswaynekerr55

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Feb 23 by monmouth

Active rest mush, it's the new black.....or it was in 2003...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 23:12 - Feb 23 with 1712 viewsPlasticman

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 12:47 - Feb 23 by exiledclaseboy

There's a distinct lack of Danes on here today, Miklos being the honourable exception. They're normally all over the match day threads. Funny that.

I just got back now form having been at some friends during the weekend. Still catching up on stuff.

Saw the highlights, though. Looked like a good match.

Plastic since 2012

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 23:47 - Feb 23 with 1651 viewsDull1Thomas

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 23:12 - Feb 23 by Plasticman

I just got back now form having been at some friends during the weekend. Still catching up on stuff.

Saw the highlights, though. Looked like a good match.

If you'd seen all the good bits we did that were ignored, you'd be even more impressed.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 01:58 - Feb 24 with 1572 viewsDavillin

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 21:41 - Feb 23 by monmouth

This.

As much as I hate to admit it [because I don't like cups], your analysis below is right on the money.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 02:12 - Feb 24 with 1564 viewsJack123

just watched Monks interview after the match on the bbc site, I used to think Laudraup was class, but f*ck me me Monk you are a natural You JACK bastard...

libera nos a malo

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 02:12 - Feb 24 with 1563 viewsDavillin

I still have not become accustomed to the knee-jerk reactions on here to a loss. "The [pick one: team, offense, defense] were [pick one: crap, sh!t, horrible, etc.] today."

"[Insert player's name] was [pick one: crap, sh!t, horrible, etc.] today."

You'd swear that Swansea plays in a vacuum with stick figures for opponents' players. For goddess' sake, Liverpool have excellent players [and some boors who get away with their cowardly mischief], and Liverpool played like maniacs. Give credit also, grudgingly if necessary, to Rodgers' tactics and general management.

I think there is a group of posters who expect a virtually perfect game from every Swansea player, with no consideration at all that there are 11 other players on the pitch hell-bent on breaking Swansea down.

I thought that, in the circumstances, Swansea - team and individual players - were excellent throughout, without exception. They should feel damn good about themselves today.

Now, on to Napoli!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 06:37 - Feb 24 with 1500 viewsangryjack

i dont agree that our european games had an effect on our league performances. it was just we had a shit manager who was taking us backwards,we are strong enough to compete at both competitions.we wont be in europe any time again soon so should try go as far as we can
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024