Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread 09:21 - Feb 23 with 43266 viewsPhil_S

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 07:31 - Feb 24 with 1658 viewsshingle

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 06:37 - Feb 24 by angryjack

i dont agree that our european games had an effect on our league performances. it was just we had a shit manager who was taking us backwards,we are strong enough to compete at both competitions.we wont be in europe any time again soon so should try go as far as we can

Hope you are right i guess we`ll find out over the next few weeks.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 08:39 - Feb 24 with 1617 viewswaynekerr55

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 06:37 - Feb 24 by angryjack

i dont agree that our european games had an effect on our league performances. it was just we had a shit manager who was taking us backwards,we are strong enough to compete at both competitions.we wont be in europe any time again soon so should try go as far as we can

I wouldn't say Laudstrop was a sh*t manager, but something wasn't right. Plus it didn't help that he employed that clueless clown Garcia whose boot camp regime was almost certainly behind the volume of soft tissue injuries

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 09:20 - Feb 24 with 1594 viewsSpratty

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:09 - Feb 23 by shingle

Need to put out a second string team against Napoli, something we should have done even in the group stages this fcuking Europa cup has done my head in, we are punching well above our weight being in the Prem and doing a fine job then we decide to play our best team in this cup and by doing so we may very well lose our place in this great league, because of taking this cup seriously that little edge has been off our players which we need to compete against the Prem teams, we need our best players fresh and fit for the Palace game fcuk the Europa cup.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 18:11]

Small time mentality

Live life hanging on by our fingertips begging at our masters table. No football is about passion. We are in the PL because we deserve to be there and have shown we are a match for any team.

Not only are we PL standard we finished top half last season (missed 8th by goal difference even after a poor end to the season). Won the COC after knocking out Chelsea over 2 legs where they could not score a single goal and we put 2 on them at the Bridge.

We have a stronger team this season and even though we have have come through a really bad time with injuries we have the quality to manage Europa and the PL and the type of matches coming up we should be able to win given the quality in our team. Even Everton are a different proposition under Martinez much more our cup of tea. Really unlucky at home with them and could see we had the beating of them in the FA Cup even with the weakest starting 11 I have seen us field in the since PL.

What do you think the players want. What would motivate them most.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 09:35 - Feb 24 with 1575 viewsSpratty

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 21:48 - Feb 23 by WinchWenJack

Liverpoo last season 5-0, the week before the cup final?

Think you will find ML's team Monk captained against Liverpool just before the COC final was a stronger team than that put out at Everton for the FA Cup. Also 3 first team subs were brought on. It just went horribly horribly wrong and not just in defence even Leon had a shocker.

By the Birmingham FA Cup game we had many injuries but still the team was not as weak as the team against Everton. Poor game but difference was ML brought Bony on to win it for us (as many were crying out for against Everton).
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 09:49 - Feb 24 with 1563 viewsSpratty

Brilliantly exciting game bit feel a bit mean saying I felt a bit let down at the end but only because we were so good we definitely deserved something .

Still yelling them on like mad when we were 2 goals down even though I was a bit worried. What comebacks, what character the team showed.

Certainly shut the Liverpool fans up they were very taken back and nervy right up to the end. Although in fairness to them they are quite respectful of us.

Fantastic effort. Thought we were making that long trip to see a weakened team (which would have been understandable). Delighted to see such a good game.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 11:30 - Feb 24 with 1518 viewsshingle

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 09:20 - Feb 24 by Spratty

Small time mentality

Live life hanging on by our fingertips begging at our masters table. No football is about passion. We are in the PL because we deserve to be there and have shown we are a match for any team.

Not only are we PL standard we finished top half last season (missed 8th by goal difference even after a poor end to the season). Won the COC after knocking out Chelsea over 2 legs where they could not score a single goal and we put 2 on them at the Bridge.

We have a stronger team this season and even though we have have come through a really bad time with injuries we have the quality to manage Europa and the PL and the type of matches coming up we should be able to win given the quality in our team. Even Everton are a different proposition under Martinez much more our cup of tea. Really unlucky at home with them and could see we had the beating of them in the FA Cup even with the weakest starting 11 I have seen us field in the since PL.

What do you think the players want. What would motivate them most.

So you think with the Quality of matches coming up that we should win them, if we were not in the Europa i`d agree, lets hope your comments don`t come back and bite you on the arse.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 14:15 - Feb 24 with 1438 viewsSpratty

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 11:30 - Feb 24 by shingle

So you think with the Quality of matches coming up that we should win them, if we were not in the Europa i`d agree, lets hope your comments don`t come back and bite you on the arse.

Not my arse that's the problem. Rather enjoy the football than cling on to the PL by our fingertips if we are not fit. Already have my season ticket for next year regardless and the PL has been a buzz but it can be a bit soulless, that is why I love the cups and Europe.

We have an historic opportunity to play at this level in Europe. There is no doubt we should go for it. My concern is not lining shareholders pockets. Having come this far, throwing Europe is just as likely to have a negative effect on the players so perhaps it is your arse on the line.

Look at the table and do the maths and look at the fixtures (not just ours). But for us
- 11 matches
- Of the 6 home matches 4 are against teams below us (even given our key injuries and heavy European play off burden). Of the other 2: Southampton we played really well against away and they are on their way down now, Chelsea — remember the COC
- Of the 5 away matches Sunderland below us, Hull just above us, Newcastle are in bad form, Everton we know is winnable under Martinez and as for Arsenal it will be a long time until I forget the same fixture last year (#dreamawaytrip)

Tell me we cannot get the approx. 10 points we need to keep us above 3 other clubs and I say we deserve to go down. I don’t believe we will and know we should not. But if we do let’s do it like lions not whimpering kittens.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:27 - Feb 24 with 1387 viewsshingle

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 14:15 - Feb 24 by Spratty

Not my arse that's the problem. Rather enjoy the football than cling on to the PL by our fingertips if we are not fit. Already have my season ticket for next year regardless and the PL has been a buzz but it can be a bit soulless, that is why I love the cups and Europe.

We have an historic opportunity to play at this level in Europe. There is no doubt we should go for it. My concern is not lining shareholders pockets. Having come this far, throwing Europe is just as likely to have a negative effect on the players so perhaps it is your arse on the line.

Look at the table and do the maths and look at the fixtures (not just ours). But for us
- 11 matches
- Of the 6 home matches 4 are against teams below us (even given our key injuries and heavy European play off burden). Of the other 2: Southampton we played really well against away and they are on their way down now, Chelsea — remember the COC
- Of the 5 away matches Sunderland below us, Hull just above us, Newcastle are in bad form, Everton we know is winnable under Martinez and as for Arsenal it will be a long time until I forget the same fixture last year (#dreamawaytrip)

Tell me we cannot get the approx. 10 points we need to keep us above 3 other clubs and I say we deserve to go down. I don’t believe we will and know we should not. But if we do let’s do it like lions not whimpering kittens.

If you are right i`ll say fair enough, if you are wrong and we go down i`ll say what a fcuking tw-t you are.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2014 11:39]
Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:03 - Feb 24 with 1370 viewsfbreath

Anybody know what was going on after Liverpool scored second half. There was some sort of argument going on in our away end but couldn't see what was happening where I was stood

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:24 - Feb 24 with 1352 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:27 - Feb 24 by shingle

If you are right i`ll say fair enough, if you are wrong and we go down i`ll say what a fcuking tw-t you are.

I have had this discussion with Gung Ho posters on another posting, hence his "My concern is not lining shareholders pockets." which appears to come from there.
So he is prepared to chance the club going down for a win on Thursday and progressing to the next round, which does not guarantee any kind of silverware.
See this post
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/103687/1250272/what-has-
starting on page 1 with the Oracle's similar view.

If anyone thinks the rest of the season is going to be easy just because Clubs are currently below us (as were Hull and West Ham a week ago) there is this to consider
So just
Palace who outplayed Man U for most of the game even tho they lost
West Brom drew with Chelsea & Fulham
Norwich have just beaten Spurs 1 - 0
Chelsea obviously a walkover as they are only the top team in the Prem
Villa, not playing too well at the moment a good chance of 3 points.
Southampton beaten by the Hammers.

Even the bottom club Fulham are doing a lot better
Drawn against West Brom
Only beaten 3-2 by Liverpool and
Held Man U to a 2-2draw.

One really bad injury on Thursday (God forbid) would put the so called "automatic" staying up in complete jeopardy.

However if the Club, Manager and Players think that that is the best way to go on Thursday then so be it and fingers crossed for a good result to make it worthwhile.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:35 - Feb 24 with 1340 viewsmonmouth

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:27 - Feb 24 by shingle

And presumably in the same spirit, you'll be quick to admit that you're a f##king tw#t when we stay up, irrespective of Thursday's result?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:42 - Feb 24 with 1335 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:35 - Feb 24 by monmouth

And presumably in the same spirit, you'll be quick to admit that you're a f##king tw#t when we stay up, irrespective of Thursday's result?

I should think he will be a very relieved "f##king tw#t" just like me.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 19:43]
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:43 - Feb 24 with 1329 viewsshingle

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:24 - Feb 24 by A_Fans_Dad

I have had this discussion with Gung Ho posters on another posting, hence his "My concern is not lining shareholders pockets." which appears to come from there.
So he is prepared to chance the club going down for a win on Thursday and progressing to the next round, which does not guarantee any kind of silverware.
See this post
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/103687/1250272/what-has-
starting on page 1 with the Oracle's similar view.

If anyone thinks the rest of the season is going to be easy just because Clubs are currently below us (as were Hull and West Ham a week ago) there is this to consider
So just
Palace who outplayed Man U for most of the game even tho they lost
West Brom drew with Chelsea & Fulham
Norwich have just beaten Spurs 1 - 0
Chelsea obviously a walkover as they are only the top team in the Prem
Villa, not playing too well at the moment a good chance of 3 points.
Southampton beaten by the Hammers.

Even the bottom club Fulham are doing a lot better
Drawn against West Brom
Only beaten 3-2 by Liverpool and
Held Man U to a 2-2draw.

One really bad injury on Thursday (God forbid) would put the so called "automatic" staying up in complete jeopardy.

However if the Club, Manager and Players think that that is the best way to go on Thursday then so be it and fingers crossed for a good result to make it worthwhile.

No doubt in my mind if we were not in this Europa cup we would not be fighting for premier survival, for a small club like us playing in the best league in the world hosting massive teams like Man Utd etc on a regular basis is well and truly living the dream, with our budget we cannot confidently keep this status and expect to play our best team in a European cup as well, i`m just hoping and praying we can survive this season and then can enjoy a more solid season in the Prem next year with out having to worry about making our best players play way to many games because of Europe.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 19:45]
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:48 - Feb 24 with 1323 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:43 - Feb 24 by shingle

No doubt in my mind if we were not in this Europa cup we would not be fighting for premier survival, for a small club like us playing in the best league in the world hosting massive teams like Man Utd etc on a regular basis is well and truly living the dream, with our budget we cannot confidently keep this status and expect to play our best team in a European cup as well, i`m just hoping and praying we can survive this season and then can enjoy a more solid season in the Prem next year with out having to worry about making our best players play way to many games because of Europe.

Let's hope Michu comes back to lend us hand, well a goal scoring Boot really.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 20:47 - Feb 24 with 1301 viewsfbreath

Anyone think we might not see Michu play again this season

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 21:37 - Feb 24 with 1276 viewsborinifanclub

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 20:47 - Feb 24 by fbreath

Anyone think we might not see Michu play again this season

me for one............monky said he (Michu) cant wait to get back on the training pitch,,,so how badly is he injured?

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 11:48 - Feb 25 with 1214 viewsshingle

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:35 - Feb 24 by monmouth

We stay up i`ll be well chuffed, and not having Europe to worry about next season i think we will do well to, just hope we manage to scrape through and survive, but it`s been clowns like you that have tickled me with the we are to good to go down comments, or don`t worry we`ll be fine, or we will not be in a relegation battle etc, what a absolute dimwit you are.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:11 - Feb 25 with 1166 viewsjacksinceever

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:43 - Feb 24 by shingle

I don't feel that we have become embroiled in a relegation battle due to the Europa League. In many games this season we just have not been competitive enough. We have missed Michu for a large part of the season, and he wasn't the same player as he was last season IMO. Bony took time to acclimatise. Also any three of eleven teams could easily go down, yet if we go down we'll blame it on the Europa League ? What excuse do the other ten teams have then?
If we do go down (and on recent form I don't believe we will) then it will be because we lacked fresh ideas and enthusiasm under ML this season. GM has injected that self-belief and flair we needed to compete successfully at this level
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:15 - Feb 25 with 1159 viewsshingle

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:11 - Feb 25 by jacksinceever

I don't feel that we have become embroiled in a relegation battle due to the Europa League. In many games this season we just have not been competitive enough. We have missed Michu for a large part of the season, and he wasn't the same player as he was last season IMO. Bony took time to acclimatise. Also any three of eleven teams could easily go down, yet if we go down we'll blame it on the Europa League ? What excuse do the other ten teams have then?
If we do go down (and on recent form I don't believe we will) then it will be because we lacked fresh ideas and enthusiasm under ML this season. GM has injected that self-belief and flair we needed to compete successfully at this level

Michu was overplayed due to the Europa games the guy was not given a rest.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:22 - Feb 25 with 1148 viewsjacksinceever

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:15 - Feb 25 by shingle

Michu was overplayed due to the Europa games the guy was not given a rest.

I agree that Michu should have been rested, but feel ML would have overplayed him regardless of the EL. In hindsight, Michu's predicament was due to bad management by ML.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 19:10 - Feb 25 with 1127 viewsshingle

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 18:22 - Feb 25 by jacksinceever

I agree that Michu should have been rested, but feel ML would have overplayed him regardless of the EL. In hindsight, Michu's predicament was due to bad management by ML.

How could he overplay him regardless of the Europa, apart from the domestic cup games we would have only had one game a week to worry about.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024