Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread 09:21 - Feb 23 with 43427 viewsPhil_S

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:40 - Feb 23 with 2411 viewsPozuelosSideys

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Feb 23 by Liam12345

as much as people complain it doesn't mean they want the whole team sacked and that it was shit its just that it was uterley devestating

Tbh.. i didnt find it devastating that we lost. I just look back to what would have happened our previous manager. We would have folded and fallen apart.

Realistically most of us didnt expect anything from this game and it was about the level of performance which turned out to be pretty good. Look at how many goals Liverpool have scored, particularly at home. They had nightmares dealing with us, our high pressing games and high work rate as well as good creativity.

We can turn Napoli over on Thursday playing like that. Liverpool are a better side than them.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:40 - Feb 23 with 2410 viewsDull1Thomas

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:38 - Feb 23 by bermudajack

Generally looked great going forward, could and should have buried a couple more today, Dyer unusually poor today, got in great positions but looked in two minds.

Our whole team set up to attack today, when we brought Cannas on I thought we'd tighten up a bit at the back, but our wingers kept pushing up, offering little protection at the back.

We need to learn how to play tight and shut up shop when the scoreline suits us, a little naive and gung-ho when it was 3-3, kept pushing up leaving too much space behind us, the amount of time that their strikers had before being closed down was scary.

Allen came on and bossed a tired midfield, when I saw N Gog come on I thought he might have a couple of chances to draw level, he missed a great opportunity when Pablo fed him and Ash had an air shot. Right at the end he got the ball in a good position, but got easily bullied off the ball resulting in a tame back pass to Minolet.

Overall a great performance, not the heights of Thursday but encouraging non the less

Dyer with an assist and the cross that led to our goal. Not great in front of goal - bet rarely is - should have found the pass though.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:41 - Feb 23 with 2391 viewsRancid

I don't feel gutted at all.We gave a very good Liverpool side the scare of their lives and actually competed and had in us to win the game.I thought we'd get murdered today and although our defence looks shaky at times to score 3 at Anfield is no mean achievement.

Bit disappointed in us 2nd half though.Maybe Thursdays game took the edge off our performance.4 days now to recover and give another performance like that in Napoli and who knows this could be a great week for the club.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:42 - Feb 23 with 2375 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:33 - Feb 23 by monmouth

Vorm actually made one of the saves of the season there. If only it had bounced somewhere else, we might be singing a different tune. I'm very proud of my team. To come back from 2 down after 20 minutes there is phenomenal. At 3-3 I fancied us but they, playing at home in their current form, just had that little bit of extra beliefand luck. It's a shame thatNatan picked today to have a rare mare (in the 1st half anyway) or I reckon we'd have scored 5 or 6. Whether that would have been enough today mind, god knows.

Great performance and at 4-3 I think the boys hard though they tried couldn't get that extra last 5% from their tired legs. No shame and judging by how nervy the home crowd was near the end they knew they'd been in a game . Great attitude from Garry and his players

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:43 - Feb 23 with 2351 viewskarnataka

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Feb 23 by Liam12345

trust our deffence to practically not turn up today could have won that but time to move on

It's not a case of the defence not turning up. If you're going to commit most of your players and effort into attack to the extent we did today, then there will be times when the defence is under pressure and against a good side like Liverpool currently are, there will be periods when they struggle. The same could be said about Liverpool who put most of their energy into attacking to the extent that they conceded 3 goals to a mid-table team. You can't have it both ways unless you have absolutely world class players in every position which is something neither team had today.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:43 - Feb 23 with 2344 viewsswanduck

I don't know why people are so gutted - before the match most people didn't think we would get anything. We knew we were capable of getting a point and we nearly did! It was a great performance. No points but most of us weren't expecting any!

The team will go to Napoli brimming with confidence after their recent performances, and hopefully we can really give it a good go on Thursday.

As someone else said - play like that against Palace and West Brom and that will be 6 points in the bag - which IMO will all but see us safe from relegation.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:46 - Feb 23 with 2289 viewsApeShit

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:43 - Feb 23 by swanduck

I don't know why people are so gutted - before the match most people didn't think we would get anything. We knew we were capable of getting a point and we nearly did! It was a great performance. No points but most of us weren't expecting any!

The team will go to Napoli brimming with confidence after their recent performances, and hopefully we can really give it a good go on Thursday.

As someone else said - play like that against Palace and West Brom and that will be 6 points in the bag - which IMO will all but see us safe from relegation.

We didn't get nothing?
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:50 - Feb 23 with 2228 viewsicecoldjack

People are gutted because the performance overall warented a draw. Liverpool were lucky and we were sloppy and it was fine margins that decided the result IMO.

A brave comeback to get it to 3-3 should have meant some cool heads but as mentioned above we seemed to do the oppositie. Monk will need to learn this kind of thing fast if he is to be a success, very proud of the effort but i think its fair to be dissapointed as well, so near yet so far !
Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:51 - Feb 23 with 2204 viewsDull1Thomas

We played some superb football today unfortunately their attack was superior to ours but only slightly.
This wasn't a case of battling underdogs - it's how we play when the majority of the team are on top of their game.
I thought we were unlucky not to get the draw.
Phenomenal penalty from Bony
Superb away support

Keeping Suarez locked up gave space to others and there was some poor defending.
Man for man they have a slight edge more or less across all positions and in the end it was what allowed them to take the three points.
Liverpool are still co-ndernders for the title all be it a little on the fringe.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:52 - Feb 23 with 2179 viewsairedale

Apparently I've taken to talking in my sleep, I keep saying ' 'thirty one, thirty one' over and over again.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:56 - Feb 23 with 2121 viewsRancid

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:46 - Feb 23 by ApeShit

We didn't get nothing?

But the manner of the defeat and not too much of a hit on our goal difference makes it look like we're too good a side under Monk to be in danger.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:00 - Feb 23 with 2074 viewsswanduck

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:46 - Feb 23 by ApeShit

We didn't get nothing?

Yes I am aware of that. We played well though!

Honestly in this league the only team I would be gutted/devastated to lose to is the tomato scummers.

If we play well against a good team and don't get any points, I may well be a bit disappointed, but I wouldn't be devastated.

I feel we deserved point today, a bit disappointed we didn't get any, but pleased with the overall performance the team gave.

Losing at Anfield to an in form Liverpool is hardly a devastating occurrence IMO.
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:00 - Feb 23 with 2070 viewsicecoldjack

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:56 - Feb 23 by Rancid

But the manner of the defeat and not too much of a hit on our goal difference makes it look like we're too good a side under Monk to be in danger.

True. the players wont be thinking they got a hammering they will be dissapointed that they went to Anfield scored 3 and lost, they will also know they wernt done by sheer class but by their own mistakes.

lot of confidence can be taken from them in terms of how the overall game went , i thought our old heads were our weaker players today myself .

This will be a defeat where the boys will look at it and and think it was within our grasp to get a point , unlucky more than anything else .
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:07 - Feb 23 with 1995 viewsmax936

Incredible game and performance from us, didn't deserve to concede the 4th although we were understandably tiring.
Great performance though and we are continuing to improve under Monk.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:09 - Feb 23 with 1970 viewscontroversial_jack

We looked very tired towards the end which is understandable
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:24 - Feb 23 with 1834 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:09 - Feb 23 by controversial_jack

We looked very tired towards the end which is understandable

Monk's training regime will help the players no end. We did tire but after all the games we've played recently it's logical to expect that. I'm sure after a nice day off tomorrow the lads will be bouncing to do some tactical ball work before heading to Italy.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:28 - Feb 23 with 1805 viewsDr_Winston

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:24 - Feb 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Monk's training regime will help the players no end. We did tire but after all the games we've played recently it's logical to expect that. I'm sure after a nice day off tomorrow the lads will be bouncing to do some tactical ball work before heading to Italy.

If they've been training at half pace for much of the season then they should have loads left in the tank.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:31 - Feb 23 with 1785 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:28 - Feb 23 by Dr_Winston

If they've been training at half pace for much of the season then they should have loads left in the tank.

Monk has stated in one of his press conferences that the lads need "football fitness". I'm sure they've already done a lot of work but it will show more and more towards the end of the season I'm sure

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:34 - Feb 23 with 1754 viewsDr_Winston

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:31 - Feb 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Monk has stated in one of his press conferences that the lads need "football fitness". I'm sure they've already done a lot of work but it will show more and more towards the end of the season I'm sure

Just hope after Thursday we've got enough left to overturn Palace. That's three points we still can't really afford to let go begging.

Two weeks break then should see us right.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:38 - Feb 23 with 1716 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:34 - Feb 23 by Dr_Winston

Just hope after Thursday we've got enough left to overturn Palace. That's three points we still can't really afford to let go begging.

Two weeks break then should see us right.

I think he's probably been drumming that mantra of "4 hard games then a good weeks rest". If the players accept that and just give everything they have up to including Palace then we'll be just fine.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:40 - Feb 23 with 1710 viewsDr_Winston

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:38 - Feb 23 by Brynmill_Jack

I think he's probably been drumming that mantra of "4 hard games then a good weeks rest". If the players accept that and just give everything they have up to including Palace then we'll be just fine.

Hope you're right!

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:42 - Feb 23 with 1693 viewsStarsky

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 15:38 - Feb 23 by ApeShit

OK, fair enough

And... Birmingham away this year?

It's just the internet, init.

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:46 - Feb 23 with 1661 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:40 - Feb 23 by Dr_Winston

Hope you're right!

Actually f*ck Palace. Let's just turn Napoli over and see who's still standing!

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:53 - Feb 23 with 1618 viewssingalongajack

Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 16:46 - Feb 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Actually f*ck Palace. Let's just turn Napoli over and see who's still standing!

this overbabying of highly paid athletes gets on my tits tbh.
due to under training and a merry go round rotation policy, these players should be in far better shape than they are.
it's a good job they aren't playing up north, where the best team would have played every single game
viva la revolution
i've been saying from the off, garry monk is going to be a swansea managing legend.
he's still got the hunger of a player and has learnt from some of the best managers in the prem.
i'm staunchly behind him
in huw we trust
(did you hear how pathetic they sounded singing
we love you liverpool, we doo")
we've got some great songs and clever chants, get some more!
Liverpool v Swansea - The Official Matchday Thread on 17:01 - Feb 23 with 1560 viewsblaine_scfc

Been away all day, can't believe the result! From reading them posts on here it looks like we played well and had a good go (score suggests that is obvious anyway), that's all you can ask, no one expected nothing there.

Did we get any injuries? Heard about Jonjo hamstring? Any others?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024