Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Mclean 00:15 - Nov 8 with 36520 viewsScotia

This guy is a disgrace. Perhaps he should play in the league of Ireland if his feelings are that strong.
I would not want anyone with this stance playing for the swans, ever.
James Mclean on 12:33 - Nov 9 with 2550 viewsLohengrin

James Mclean on 12:07 - Nov 9 by jacksinceever

My uncle, who was a miner at the time said he did. I'd sooner believe him

How old would you be then? We're talking about 1912.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

James Mclean on 12:39 - Nov 9 with 2537 viewstrampie

James Mclean on 12:07 - Nov 9 by jacksinceever

My uncle, who was a miner at the time said he did. I'd sooner believe him

My uncle was a miner in the Neath valley and he would not have Churchill's name spoken in his house because he sent the troops in over the Rhondda, such was the loathing in certain parts of Wales for Churchill.

I'm not making some political point but we are taught through a British State education system and our English centric media that is all round us gives a very Anglicized view of the World, outside the Anglicized world [America being part of the Anglicized world]other peoples around the World often think differently and have different opinions.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

James Mclean on 12:48 - Nov 9 with 2519 viewsdgt73

James Mclean on 12:39 - Nov 9 by trampie

My uncle was a miner in the Neath valley and he would not have Churchill's name spoken in his house because he sent the troops in over the Rhondda, such was the loathing in certain parts of Wales for Churchill.

I'm not making some political point but we are taught through a British State education system and our English centric media that is all round us gives a very Anglicized view of the World, outside the Anglicized world [America being part of the Anglicized world]other peoples around the World often think differently and have different opinions.

So when are you going to start the revolution (to free wales)

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

James Mclean on 12:52 - Nov 9 with 2514 viewstrampie

James Mclean on 12:48 - Nov 9 by dgt73

So when are you going to start the revolution (to free wales)

Wales is free, its the greatest place in the world, I pity Welsh people that have to live and work in England or overseas as they are missing out on living in the greatest place on Gods earth.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

James Mclean on 12:58 - Nov 9 with 2505 viewsFlashberryjack

James Mclean on 12:05 - Nov 9 by jacksinceever

The wearing of the poppy has come to represent all those who gave their lives in all conflicts. Many Irish people, Catholic & Protestant, from the North and the Republic, died (and continue to die) fighting the tyranny in Europe, Asia, Africa and many other parts of the world over the past 100 years.
Also many innocent Irish people lost their lives during the German bombing raids over the UK.
I do not condone war, but I do pay tribute to all those who sacrificed their lives, so we can enjoy the freedom we have today

It's James McLean's freedom of choice whether he wears a poppy or not.
Many fought and died for his right to that freedom of choice..... and yet he decides not to acknowledge their sacrifice by refusing to wear a poppy.

What a absolute C*nt of a man.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

James Mclean on 13:11 - Nov 9 with 2489 viewsLohengrin

James Mclean on 12:39 - Nov 9 by trampie

Then your uncle either wasn't in full possession of the facts; which is likely, or he was some species of red, again probable.

Listen, don't rely on a football messageboard for education on historical events, go straight to the source. The Public Records Office at Kew is there for you to go peruse the primary references at your leisure. Yes, as Home Secretary Churchill did eventually authorise troops to enter the area with "extreme reluctance" but only after repeated entreaties from the Chief Constable of Glamorgan. As for the troops themselves they were able to "exert a calming influence" on events. There was no anatgonism between the troops and the miners such as existed between the miners and the Police. Many of the troops being "openly sympathetic" to the miners' plight.

Have a go at Churchill by all means. Have a go at HM Forces too if that's what floats your boat but do it on the basis of fact not myth.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 14:06]

James Mclean on 13:19 - Nov 9 with 2476 viewstrampie

James Mclean on 13:11 - Nov 9 by Lohengrin

Then your uncle either wasn't in full possession of the facts; which is likely, or he was some species of red, again probable.

Listen, don't rely on a football messageboard for education on historical events, go straight to the source. The Public Records Office at Kew is there for you to go peruse the primary references at your leisure. Yes, as Home Secretary Churchill did eventually authorise troops to enter the area with "extreme reluctance" but only after repeated entreaties from the Chief Constable of Glamorgan. As for the troops themselves they were able to "exert a calming influence" on events. There was no anatgonism between the troops and the miners such as existed between the miners and the Police. Many of the troops being "openly sympathetic" to the miners' plight.

Have a go at Churchill by all means. Have a go at HM Forces too if that's what floats your boat but do it on the basis of fact not myth.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 14:06]

The troops were sent in, you can't deny that the troops were there, they were with bayonets fixed.

You and your kind try and rewrite history because it doesn't fit your imperialist right wing agenda, get verified independent sources for the truth instead of our agenda driven spin.

James Mclean on 13:25 - Nov 9 with 2461 viewsreddythered

James Mclean on 13:19 - Nov 9 by trampie

The troops were sent in, you can't deny that the troops were there, they were with bayonets fixed.

You and your kind try and rewrite history because it doesn't fit your imperialist right wing agenda, get verified independent sources for the truth instead of our agenda driven spin.

The "verified independent sources" angle cuts both ways.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Login to get fewer ads

James Mclean on 13:32 - Nov 9 with 2447 viewstrampie

Two sides to every story so they say.

James Mclean on 13:33 - Nov 9 with 2446 viewssnork44

On 9/10/2001 all the plastic paddies in the bars of Boston and New York would stuff tens of thousands of Dollars into the collecting boxes of Noraid, on 9/12/2001 suddenly the money stopped ! I wonder why ?

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

James Mclean on 13:55 - Nov 9 with 2424 viewsLohengrin

James Mclean on 13:19 - Nov 9 by trampie

Again the facts. Fixed bayonets? Why do you suppose that was? I can tell you why, because The Riot Act had been read. It wasn't because anybody wanted to start jabbing away but because that's the drill.

Me "and my kind" have the ability to argue on the basis of knowledge not regurgitated, third-hand myth. That's the difference and it's telling.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 13:57]

James Mclean (n/t) on 14:00 - Nov 9 with 2415 viewsQuakerJack

James Mclean on 13:33 - Nov 9 by snork44

On 9/10/2001 all the plastic paddies in the bars of Boston and New York would stuff tens of thousands of Dollars into the collecting boxes of Noraid, on 9/12/2001 suddenly the money stopped ! I wonder why ?

That was quite common knowledge in the wake of 9/11... It was deliberately ignored prior to that. In a funny way that was the worst thing that happened to the IRA.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 14:07]

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

James Mclean on 14:01 - Nov 9 with 2413 viewsLohengrin

James Mclean on 13:33 - Nov 9 by snork44

You'll have that when reality buts up against fantasy.

James Mclean on 14:28 - Nov 9 with 2377 viewstrampie

James Mclean on 13:55 - Nov 9 by Lohengrin

Again the facts. Fixed bayonets? Why do you suppose that was? I can tell you why, because The Riot Act had been read. It wasn't because anybody wanted to start jabbing away but because that's the drill.

Me "and my kind" have the ability to argue on the basis of knowledge not regurgitated, third-hand myth. That's the difference and it's telling.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 13:57]

So you are not disputing that Churchill sent the troops into the Rhondda with fixed bayonets ?, well there we are then.

James Mclean on 16:41 - Nov 10 with 2298 viewsjacksinceever

James Mclean on 12:33 - Nov 9 by Lohengrin

So just because I'm a child of the 1960's, does that mean that anything that happened prior to that I cannot take as fact even though history records it and artefacts prove it to be correct?
On the same basis would my uncle have to be born in 1890 just to know what took place in the the Great War
To put it in a context all of us Swans fans can relate to, just because I wasn't at Wembley to see us beat Reading, does that mean we didn't win?
James Mclean on 20:55 - Nov 10 with 2232 viewsLohengrin

James Mclean on 16:41 - Nov 10 by jacksinceever

So just because I'm a child of the 1960's, does that mean that anything that happened prior to that I cannot take as fact even though history records it and artefacts prove it to be correct?
On the same basis would my uncle have to be born in 1890 just to know what took place in the the Great War
To put it in a context all of us Swans fans can relate to, just because I wasn't at Wembley to see us beat Reading, does that mean we didn't win?

I'm a child of the '60s myself but you'd said your uncle was a miner at the time of the Tonypandy Riots. Going on that basis I thought you would be in your late 70s or early 80s.

How old was your Mother when she had you then?

James Mclean on 22:12 - Nov 10 with 2185 viewsLohengrin

James Mclean on 14:28 - Nov 9 by trampie

So you are not disputing that Churchill sent the troops into the Rhondda with fixed bayonets ?, well there we are then.

I could quite easily dispute his role, as you appear to see it. As Home Secretary he would have to have authorised deployment but that was the beginning and the end of his involvement; deployment was at the discretion of General Macready. Churchill was some 200 or so miles away when the Chief Constable of Glamorgan, Captain Lindsay had read The Riot Act.

You seem to have got it into your head that the entry of HM Forces into The Rhondda was something akin to the storming of the breach at Badajoz. That's about as far from the truth as could conceivably be. I've already spoken about the sympathy of the troops with the miners on a personal level. Macready himself is on record as stating that "the problems are down to the delusions of the coal owners."

These are the people, those are the facts.

James Mclean on 22:14 - Nov 10 with 2177 viewsskippyjack

James Mclean on 22:12 - Nov 10 by Lohengrin

I could quite easily dispute his role, as you appear to see it. As Home Secretary he would have to have authorised deployment but that was the beginning and the end of his involvement; deployment was at the discretion of General Macready. Churchill was some 200 or so miles away when the Chief Constable of Glamorgan, Captain Lindsay had read The Riot Act.

You seem to have got it into your head that the entry of HM Forces into The Rhondda was something akin to the storming of the breach at Badajoz. That's about as far from the truth as could conceivably be. I've already spoken about the sympathy of the troops with the miners on a personal level. Macready himself is on record as stating that "the problems are down to the delusions of the coal owners."

These are the people, those are the facts.

Lohengrin... do you have a PhD in political cultural history?.. you love this bollocks

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

James Mclean on 14:42 - Nov 11 with 2093 viewsjacksinceever

James Mclean on 12:33 - Nov 9 by Lohengrin

Sorry. For actual point of fact where I said uncle I should have said Great Uncle.
After checking with my family, I confirmed he was born in 1892 and was down the mines as a lad, having to support his family, his father having passed away when he was thirtenn.
Factual enough for you? Or do you want the birth certificates as proof
James Mclean on 14:56 - Nov 11 with 2078 viewsperchrockjack

TRAMPIE.
Please don't feel sorry for me.

ALL WALES is great then, ALL the people. Everything great.

FEEL SORRY FOR THE HUNDREDS of people coming in to England for health reasons due to the fact that the NHS run by Labour is a disgusting basket case.
BEST? MY ARSE.. The longest waiting lists for cancer results and for limb replacements. Our English chums have both had replacement knees and hips and had to wait a quarter of the time that it takes in Wales so please no more independent anti English crap. I pity you actually as you are so insular and really you need to take off those rosy glasses.

Wales is our MY home but being realistic ,most would judge it as the worst place to live in the UK. poorly paid jobs,low growth,poor housing and towns needing regeneration on a large scale.

As kids we are peddled many myths and The Churchill one a classic. My grand dad was the same too ,there again, he would not have any talk of JAPAN in the house either.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

James Mclean on 15:14 - Nov 11 with 2058 viewstf_jack

James Mclean on 14:56 - Nov 11 by perchrockjack

TRAMPIE.
Please don't feel sorry for me.

ALL WALES is great then, ALL the people. Everything great.

FEEL SORRY FOR THE HUNDREDS of people coming in to England for health reasons due to the fact that the NHS run by Labour is a disgusting basket case.
BEST? MY ARSE.. The longest waiting lists for cancer results and for limb replacements. Our English chums have both had replacement knees and hips and had to wait a quarter of the time that it takes in Wales so please no more independent anti English crap. I pity you actually as you are so insular and really you need to take off those rosy glasses.

Wales is our MY home but being realistic ,most would judge it as the worst place to live in the UK. poorly paid jobs,low growth,poor housing and towns needing regeneration on a large scale.

As kids we are peddled many myths and The Churchill one a classic. My grand dad was the same too ,there again, he would not have any talk of JAPAN in the house either.

My healrh treatment is good in Bristol.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

James Mclean on 15:17 - Nov 11 with 2057 viewstrampie

Oh but I do pity you PRJ, you fail to mention the people, I have travelled all over the World, well many first World countries and there is no better place than Wales.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2014 15:21]

James Mclean on 15:34 - Nov 11 with 2037 viewstrampie

James Mclean on 20:55 - Nov 10 by Lohengrin

I'm a child of the '60s myself but you'd said your uncle was a miner at the time of the Tonypandy Riots. Going on that basis I thought you would be in your late 70s or early 80s.

How old was your Mother when she had you then?

Im a child of the 60's, my mother was 30 years older than me and her mother my granny was 30 years older than her, my granny (born1904) was the youngest of 5 the oldest was a brother who would have been born around the early 1890's., he is the uncle I refer to.

A bona fide uncle only 2 generations from me a child of the mid 60's, so dont believe the Anglo sh*t, Churchill ordered the troops in and they were there with fixed bayonets.

James Mclean on 16:14 - Nov 11 with 2010 viewsQuakerJack

So did McLean wear the poppy in the end?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

James Mclean on 18:04 - Nov 11 with 1979 viewsbargoedjack

James Mclean on 16:14 - Nov 11 by QuakerJack

So did McLean wear the poppy in the end?

I don't think he did ...

In adding my two pennorth to the debate, this article is thought-provoking at least ...

http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/in-defense-of-james-mccleans-poppy-snub/
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024