Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Mclean 00:15 - Nov 8 with 36521 viewsScotia

This guy is a disgrace. Perhaps he should play in the league of Ireland if his feelings are that strong.
I would not want anyone with this stance playing for the swans, ever.
James Mclean on 18:12 - Nov 11 with 2818 viewsStarsky

James Mclean on 16:14 - Nov 11 by QuakerJack

So did McLean wear the poppy in the end?

Sounds painful...

It's just the internet, init.

James Mclean on 18:18 - Nov 11 with 2809 viewstrampie

One of the posts quite a way down 'Bargoed' is from somebody calling themselves Bartoli, he/she says that they are also from Derry.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2014 18:22]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

James Mclean on 18:54 - Nov 11 with 2774 viewsScoobyWho

James Mclean on 12:39 - Nov 9 by trampie

My uncle was a miner in the Neath valley and he would not have Churchill's name spoken in his house because he sent the troops in over the Rhondda, such was the loathing in certain parts of Wales for Churchill.

I'm not making some political point but we are taught through a British State education system and our English centric media that is all round us gives a very Anglicized view of the World, outside the Anglicized world [America being part of the Anglicized world]other peoples around the World often think differently and have different opinions.

You conveniently mix up Wales, England and Britain to suit your argument. Your response and arguments to convince have more holes in them than Phil Taylor's dart board.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

James Mclean on 19:02 - Nov 11 with 2756 viewstrampie

James Mclean on 18:54 - Nov 11 by ScoobyWho

You conveniently mix up Wales, England and Britain to suit your argument. Your response and arguments to convince have more holes in them than Phil Taylor's dart board.

There is no mix up Britannia belongs to us Welsh, well as far up as Central Scotland anyway.

The Irish are Scots
The Scots are Irish
The Welsh are English
And the English are foreigners.

An Irish bloke [Southern Ireland] said that was the first thing he learn't in history in secondary school.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

James Mclean on 19:07 - Nov 11 with 2751 viewsLohengrin

James Mclean on 14:42 - Nov 11 by jacksinceever

Sorry. For actual point of fact where I said uncle I should have said Great Uncle.
After checking with my family, I confirmed he was born in 1892 and was down the mines as a lad, having to support his family, his father having passed away when he was thirtenn.
Factual enough for you? Or do you want the birth certificates as proof

Well I've got to be honest I feel a bit cheated here. I genuinely thought that you must be in your '80s and I was hoping to pick your brains a bit on a related subject.

A Great-uncle, then. You skipped an entire generation in your initial post, mun. An entire generation. Roots managed to make a whole 13 part series out of the time you left out of your initial post.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

James Mclean on 19:10 - Nov 11 with 2737 viewsLohengrin

James Mclean on 15:34 - Nov 11 by trampie

Im a child of the 60's, my mother was 30 years older than me and her mother my granny was 30 years older than her, my granny (born1904) was the youngest of 5 the oldest was a brother who would have been born around the early 1890's., he is the uncle I refer to.

A bona fide uncle only 2 generations from me a child of the mid 60's, so dont believe the Anglo sh*t, Churchill ordered the troops in and they were there with fixed bayonets.

You do make me laugh, Trampie. Not an Uncle at all then? Not even a Great-uncle but a Great-Great Uncle.

Poor chap! You've managed to turn him into the human equivalent of Trigger's brush...

James Mclean on 19:14 - Nov 11 with 2718 viewstrampie

James Mclean on 19:10 - Nov 11 by Lohengrin

You do make me laugh, Trampie. Not an Uncle at all then? Not even a Great-uncle but a Great-Great Uncle.

Poor chap! You've managed to turn him into the human equivalent of Trigger's brush...

Great-great not at all your Mothers brother is your uncle and your Grandmothers brother is your great Uncle, just two generations away from me.

James Mclean on 19:22 - Nov 11 with 2705 viewspikeypaul

hes utter scum end of.

just like the rest of the ungrateful maggots like him .

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

James Mclean on 20:49 - Nov 11 with 2647 viewsperchrockjack

Tramp.

In that case, at face value and with respect, you are a nutter in the nicest sense of the word.

The country OUR country has been decimated and all our power industries now just a memory.The NHS is a disgrace and I pray you and yours don't fall truly ill.

I consider myself to be fortunate to live where I do but best place in the world..ffs..

You are no doubt speaking from the heart so that s understandable but seriously you need to look around and also quit the anti English tirades.

You simply cannot be serious so I retract my "nutter" sentence .

I have a sepia coloured vision of what it was like growing up in Swansea and then it was fine. Jobs more or less for all, a vibrant centre and fook me the water was better to swim in and we had sand of the foreshore to speak of .

Even had chapels everywhere now even these are closing as people seem to have lost faith and hope in some cases .

the NORTH like WALES has been decimated in many ways and you have more in common with the people there than you think.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

James Mclean on 21:15 - Nov 11 with 2629 viewslonglostjack

James Mclean on 20:49 - Nov 11 by perchrockjack

Tramp.

In that case, at face value and with respect, you are a nutter in the nicest sense of the word.

The country OUR country has been decimated and all our power industries now just a memory.The NHS is a disgrace and I pray you and yours don't fall truly ill.

I consider myself to be fortunate to live where I do but best place in the world..ffs..

You are no doubt speaking from the heart so that s understandable but seriously you need to look around and also quit the anti English tirades.

You simply cannot be serious so I retract my "nutter" sentence .

I have a sepia coloured vision of what it was like growing up in Swansea and then it was fine. Jobs more or less for all, a vibrant centre and fook me the water was better to swim in and we had sand of the foreshore to speak of .

Even had chapels everywhere now even these are closing as people seem to have lost faith and hope in some cases .

the NORTH like WALES has been decimated in many ways and you have more in common with the people there than you think.

I'd have no problem living in most areas of England - love the north for example - but the Home Counties ? Not in a million years !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

James Mclean on 21:18 - Nov 11 with 2625 viewstrampie

Perch i'm from an area where Brunel built viaducts, Turner painted watercolours, St Patrick was born, the Kaiser used to visit friends and King Arthur is in his chamber waiting the call to save his country.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2014 21:51]

James Mclean on 22:08 - Nov 11 with 2575 viewsLohengrin

James Mclean on 21:18 - Nov 11 by trampie

Perch i'm from an area where Brunel built viaducts, Turner painted watercolours, St Patrick was born, the Kaiser used to visit friends and King Arthur is in his chamber waiting the call to save his country.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2014 21:51]

Three cheers for the Vale of Neath!

James Mclean on 23:19 - Nov 11 with 2517 viewsperchrockjack

And im from manselton but it's where you end up thst counts ...

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

James Mclean on 00:01 - Nov 12 with 2498 viewstrampie

James Mclean on 22:08 - Nov 11 by Lohengrin

Three cheers for the Vale of Neath!

James Mclean on 22:55 - Nov 12 with 2411 viewsbargoedjack

James Mclean on 18:18 - Nov 11 by trampie

One of the posts quite a way down 'Bargoed' is from somebody calling themselves Bartoli, he/she says that they are also from Derry.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2014 18:22]

Yep - I see that one - thanks for pointing it out. I can understand where he and McLean are coming from. Easy for us to judge people who grew up in Derry without having a clue what it was like growing up there in a minority.

There seems to be a lot of criticism and little understanding of McLean's viewpoint.
James Mclean on 08:06 - Nov 13 with 2349 viewsLohengrin

James Mclean on 22:55 - Nov 12 by bargoedjack

Yep - I see that one - thanks for pointing it out. I can understand where he and McLean are coming from. Easy for us to judge people who grew up in Derry without having a clue what it was like growing up there in a minority.

There seems to be a lot of criticism and little understanding of McLean's viewpoint.

In a minority, you say? You haven't been to Londonderry, have you?

James Mclean on 15:17 - Nov 13 with 2275 viewsScoobyWho

James Mclean on 19:02 - Nov 11 by trampie

There is no mix up Britannia belongs to us Welsh, well as far up as Central Scotland anyway.

The Irish are Scots
The Scots are Irish
The Welsh are English
And the English are foreigners.

An Irish bloke [Southern Ireland] said that was the first thing he learn't in history in secondary school.

It doesn't surprise me that schools in the south of Ireland pedal the type of stuff you refer to, their desire for continuing the hate and death it promotes knows no bounds. If you can brainwash the kids early on they will become your terrorists of tomorrow.

And then people like your good self with Gaza and left wing politics on the brain and the latest trendy fad to shout about on twitter can pedal it further and increase the division. And indeed the hate. The real tormentors then just sit back while you do their dirty work.

This topic is about the wearing of a poppy and the reasons why.

McLean has turned it in to a political debate based on his desire to promote division in his own country and using Sunderland FC to do so.

Yes, everyone deserves a point of view but the confused pillock cant move on from the very thing that you mentioned. The miserable few left in his country who still want a war and blame England and confuse that with Britain to do so.

Education - causing hate, creating tomorrow's terrorists - for todays trendy beret wearers to support.

Student power, what a shower.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2014 15:22]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

James Mclean on 16:14 - Nov 13 with 2251 viewsTreforys_Jack

James Mclean on 19:10 - Nov 11 by Lohengrin

Been watching this unfold, very good insightful thread. Lohengrin ......... my new favorite poster. Seem to have a very good grounding in history, a favorite subject of mine. Consider yourself stalked for future instalments.
James Mclean on 16:17 - Nov 13 with 2245 viewsTreforys_Jack

Oh and my 2 pennyworth. As someone eloquently put earlier, the whole point was preserving the freedom of speech and belief. Its a shame he feels he can't recognise that fact.
James Mclean on 02:08 - Nov 14 with 2202 viewsQuakerJack

James Mclean on 16:17 - Nov 13 by Treforys_Jack

Oh and my 2 pennyworth. As someone eloquently put earlier, the whole point was preserving the freedom of speech and belief. Its a shame he feels he can't recognise that fact.

He is. He's exercising his right to stand by his own beliefs. Surely if he's forced to wear one against his will that completely contradicts everything that was fought for? Certainly in WW2.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

James Mclean on 17:04 - Nov 14 with 2155 viewspierre91

http://www.theguardian.com/football/cartoon/2014/nov/13/david-squires-footballer
James Mclean on 17:31 - Nov 14 with 2139 viewsLohengrin

James Mclean on 17:04 - Nov 14 by pierre91

http://www.theguardian.com/football/cartoon/2014/nov/13/david-squires-footballer

What's a "Court Marshall" when it's at home? Some sort of up-market parking attendant?

James Mclean on 17:37 - Nov 14 with 2128 viewsDarran

James Mclean on 17:31 - Nov 14 by Lohengrin

What's a "Court Marshall" when it's at home? Some sort of up-market parking attendant?

Hahahahaha that's The f*cking Guardian for you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

James Mclean on 17:38 - Nov 14 with 2127 viewsBloodyhills

Says it al.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

James Mclean on 17:39 - Nov 14 with 2127 viewstrampie

James Mclean on 15:17 - Nov 13 by ScoobyWho

It doesn't surprise me that schools in the south of Ireland pedal the type of stuff you refer to, their desire for continuing the hate and death it promotes knows no bounds. If you can brainwash the kids early on they will become your terrorists of tomorrow.

And then people like your good self with Gaza and left wing politics on the brain and the latest trendy fad to shout about on twitter can pedal it further and increase the division. And indeed the hate. The real tormentors then just sit back while you do their dirty work.

This topic is about the wearing of a poppy and the reasons why.

McLean has turned it in to a political debate based on his desire to promote division in his own country and using Sunderland FC to do so.

Yes, everyone deserves a point of view but the confused pillock cant move on from the very thing that you mentioned. The miserable few left in his country who still want a war and blame England and confuse that with Britain to do so.

Education - causing hate, creating tomorrow's terrorists - for todays trendy beret wearers to support.

Student power, what a shower.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2014 15:22]

Your post is so wrong on so many levels its a case of where to begin, the bloke I refer to is from Southern Ireland but went to secondary school in England.

I've never been on twitter.

McLean has been playing for Wigan for well over a year now.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024