Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Mclean 00:15 - Nov 8 with 38185 viewsScotia

This guy is a disgrace. Perhaps he should play in the league of Ireland if his feelings are that strong.
I would not want anyone with this stance playing for the swans, ever.
James Mclean on 23:04 - Nov 8 with 2600 viewstrampie

James Mclean on 22:42 - Nov 8 by dgt73

Hitler regarded the British as part of the Aryan family.

I thought the Welsh was in the civilised, intelligent group and not in the same category as the English, Germans and Scandinavians ?, according to excerpts from what I have seen from the book that Hitler described as his Bible.

It makes you wonder what would have happened in Wales If we had not won the war .
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 0:20]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

James Mclean on 23:05 - Nov 8 with 2613 viewsLohengrin

James Mclean on 23:04 - Nov 8 by trampie

I thought the Welsh was in the civilised, intelligent group and not in the same category as the English, Germans and Scandinavians ?, according to excerpts from what I have seen from the book that Hitler described as his Bible.

It makes you wonder what would have happened in Wales If we had not won the war .
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 0:20]

I've been to Tonypandy, think again.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

James Mclean on 23:38 - Nov 8 with 2559 viewstrampie

James Mclean on 23:05 - Nov 8 by Lohengrin

I've been to Tonypandy, think again.

Didn't Churchill send the troops in against the miners at Tonypandy ?
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 0:04]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

James Mclean on 08:00 - Nov 9 with 2502 viewsymaohyd

James Mclean on 22:24 - Nov 8 by Kilkennyjack

Like the black american civil rights struggle, somethings are so wrong that action is a duty. Mandela has to be seen in that context. Without the oppression of racist apartheid, then mandela would have had a very different life. The greatest man of our lifetime.

I struggle with Planet Swans most of the time, I find the crap posted on here so annoying I let myself down by getting wound up by it all.

Must say that you are one of a few posters who talks sense and make visiting the forum palatable.

Cheers

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

James Mclean on 08:08 - Nov 9 with 2496 viewsDr_Winston

James Mclean on 23:38 - Nov 8 by trampie

According to some. Not according to others.

Andrew Marr says no.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

James Mclean on 08:10 - Nov 9 with 2496 viewsQuakerJack

James Mclean on 22:15 - Nov 8 by Chief

was Owain Glyndwr a terrorist???????

Interesting question. By today's classification, yes. Same goes for William Wallace.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

James Mclean on 08:14 - Nov 9 with 2491 viewsdgt73

James Mclean on 08:10 - Nov 9 by QuakerJack

Interesting question. By today's classification, yes. Same goes for William Wallace.

And Michael stone.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 8:15]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

James Mclean on 08:43 - Nov 9 with 2452 viewstrampie

James Mclean on 22:24 - Nov 8 by Kilkennyjack

Like the black american civil rights struggle, somethings are so wrong that action is a duty. Mandela has to be seen in that context. Without the oppression of racist apartheid, then mandela would have had a very different life. The greatest man of our lifetime.

Ho Chi Minh was head and shoulders above Mandela, same for Castro, Hugo Chávez as well even, Mandela was Championship standard in comparison, Ho and Castro were Premier League.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 8:44]

Login to get fewer ads

James Mclean on 09:11 - Nov 9 with 2432 viewstrampie

James Mclean on 08:10 - Nov 9 by QuakerJack

Seen as terrorists by imperialists ?

Indigenous people fighting for their land, family, culture, rights etc against those fighting for land and possesions that is not theirs, they are often If not always called terrorists by the imperialists.

James Mclean on 09:34 - Nov 9 with 2429 viewsBrynmill_Jack

James Mclean on 23:38 - Nov 8 by trampie

No. He sent troops in to stop mass looting

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

James Mclean on 09:37 - Nov 9 with 2423 viewsBrynmill_Jack

James Mclean on 08:43 - Nov 9 by trampie

Ho Chi Minh was head and shoulders above Mandela, same for Castro, Hugo Chávez as well even, Mandela was Championship standard in comparison, Ho and Castro were Premier League.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 8:44]

Now there's something we can definitely agree on. I've been to Saigon and Hanoi and have read up on "Uncle Ho" or Bat Ho (more accurately Father's older brother, part of the Vietnamese people's system of social hierarchy ).

A great man who re-united a great country.

James Mclean on 09:40 - Nov 9 with 2407 viewstrampie

James Mclean on 22:15 - Nov 8 by Chief

was Owain Glyndwr a terrorist???????

Glyndwr was one of our greatest hero's

He came 7th in a poll of the greatest people in the last millennium, only scholars, World leaders, top scientists, artists and people of that ilk got to vote, at the time i think it was Yeltsin and Clinton had a vote as part of the World leaders group, Scientists/ Engineer types did really well in the poll, Churchill was nowhere compared to Glyndwr.

Glyndwr was a true great in a World sense not just a local sense, he influenced a lot of people over the centuries all over the World.

James Mclean on 09:43 - Nov 9 with 2414 viewsBrynmill_Jack

James Mclean on 09:40 - Nov 9 by trampie

Glyndwr was one of our greatest hero's

He came 7th in a poll of the greatest people in the last millennium, only scholars, World leaders, top scientists, artists and people of that ilk got to vote, at the time i think it was Yeltsin and Clinton had a vote as part of the World leaders group, Scientists/ Engineer types did really well in the poll, Churchill was nowhere compared to Glyndwr.

Glyndwr was a true great in a World sense not just a local sense, he influenced a lot of people over the centuries all over the World.

Really? I'm not pouring scorn on what you say but can you explain as I've never heard that before. Hywel Dda had a huge impact on law and justice, in fact more of his laws should be in place now.

James Mclean on 09:51 - Nov 9 with 2404 viewsQuakerJack

James Mclean on 08:14 - Nov 9 by dgt73

And Michael stone.

And Bobby Sands

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

James Mclean on 09:58 - Nov 9 with 2395 viewsKilkennyjack

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/541321.stm. Here you go.

Beware of the Risen People

James Mclean on 10:00 - Nov 9 with 2379 viewstrampie

James Mclean on 09:43 - Nov 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Really? I'm not pouring scorn on what you say but can you explain as I've never heard that before. Hywel Dda had a huge impact on law and justice, in fact more of his laws should be in place now.

For the year 2000 I think it was the Sunday Times that commissioned a poll of World leaders, scientists, artists etc.

And Glyndwr was seen as one of the all time most influential people ever and thats not trying to lay it on thick either.

I have found some write ups and a list of the top 10 and who the American and Russian Presidents voted for (Yeltsin voted for a Russian and Clinton for an American) I remember finding it interesting at the time but something tells me they had 3 votes and If so one or even both vote Glyndwr as 3 rd choice, I might have dreamt that up but something in my memory tells me, I also think If my memory is not playing tricks that Castro flat out voted for Glyndwr, I dont recall the British Prime Ministers vote, I'm sure I would have clocked that, If the PM had voted I cant believe the main man of the British State would have voted for Glyndwr.

PS Dda was a great as well no doubt at all, Wales has produces a few for such a small country over the years.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 10:12]

James Mclean on 10:13 - Nov 9 with 2365 viewsBorojack

James Mclean on 08:14 - Nov 9 by dgt73

And Michael stone.

Rangers demise must have hit you hard

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

James Mclean on 10:19 - Nov 9 with 2347 viewsQuakerJack

James Mclean on 10:13 - Nov 9 by Borojack

Rangers demise must have hit you hard

James Mclean on 10:20 - Nov 9 with 2346 viewsQuakerJack

James Mclean on 09:58 - Nov 9 by Kilkennyjack

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/541321.stm. Here you go.

Can't access this on my phone... what is it?

James Mclean on 10:22 - Nov 9 with 2342 viewsdgt73

James Mclean on 10:00 - Nov 9 by trampie

For the year 2000 I think it was the Sunday Times that commissioned a poll of World leaders, scientists, artists etc.

And Glyndwr was seen as one of the all time most influential people ever and thats not trying to lay it on thick either.

I have found some write ups and a list of the top 10 and who the American and Russian Presidents voted for (Yeltsin voted for a Russian and Clinton for an American) I remember finding it interesting at the time but something tells me they had 3 votes and If so one or even both vote Glyndwr as 3 rd choice, I might have dreamt that up but something in my memory tells me, I also think If my memory is not playing tricks that Castro flat out voted for Glyndwr, I dont recall the British Prime Ministers vote, I'm sure I would have clocked that, If the PM had voted I cant believe the main man of the British State would have voted for Glyndwr.

PS Dda was a great as well no doubt at all, Wales has produces a few for such a small country over the years.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 10:12]

Glyndwr was born into Anglo - welsh gentry and was educated in England and joined the English army, even taking part in an invasion of Scotland. His uprising was because of a dispute with his neighbour (another land owner). By the sound of things if Glyndwr was alive today, he'd probably be a fully paid up member of the Conservative party and probably a tory MP.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 10:24]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

James Mclean on 10:25 - Nov 9 with 2333 viewsjacabertawe

James Mclean on 09:34 - Nov 9 by Brynmill_Jack

No. He sent troops in to stop mass looting

Professor Dai Smith (Swansea Uni.):
Fourth letter down
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/western-mail-letters-monday-13-7923924

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

James Mclean on 10:33 - Nov 9 with 2322 viewsmagicdaps10

James Mclean on 22:09 - Nov 8 by Kilkennyjack

nelson mandela was a great man and a genuine hero. If you prefer the side of thatcher and the white apartheid regime then thankfully you are in a very very small minority. Its great that the countries of the modern world acknowledged mandela as a hero before his death - and very proud of our clwb to do the same.

Mandela was a great man, really!!

The guy was a terrorist who turned into what he was fighting against........a white mans puppet.

The guy done everything towards the end of his life and after he was released from jail for self gain.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

James Mclean on 11:35 - Nov 9 with 2276 viewstrampie

James Mclean on 10:22 - Nov 9 by dgt73

Glyndwr was born into Anglo - welsh gentry and was educated in England and joined the English army, even taking part in an invasion of Scotland. His uprising was because of a dispute with his neighbour (another land owner). By the sound of things if Glyndwr was alive today, he'd probably be a fully paid up member of the Conservative party and probably a tory MP.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 10:24]

Glyndwr was a statesman that could work with people whether they be English, French or from the Celtic World.
He could speak English, French, Welsh and Latín, he would try and compromise If not then he would fight.
The French still wont give his letter back to the Welsh people , as voted for by the great and the good from all over the World in that millennium poll, he is seen as a person who had great influence over centuries and centuries among the intelligentsia right up to the present day.

Of course freedom fighter types fighting oppression worship him and follow his blueprint, its incredible that his tiny country and small population was able to retain their national identity when right next door was a huge superpower vastly outnumbering his lot, his legacy is the way he conducted himself and the fact that Wales still exists and has the same rights that they have as the people from the one time superpower that was England.

James Mclean on 12:05 - Nov 9 with 2257 viewsjacksinceever

James Mclean on 02:06 - Nov 8 by scottishjack

He wrote a letter to Dave Whelan where he makes his personal feelings quite clear, while I may not agree with him, it's his choice, and his decision. Before we all go slating the lad, have a quick read...

Republic of Ireland international James McClean explains poppy stance.

Wigan Athletic’s Republic of Ireland international winger James McClean will not be wearing a poppy shirt tonight alongside the rest of his Wigan Athletic team mates, as the club takes part in football’s annual Remembrance Day commemoration.

This is a personal decision by James, who explained his position in a letter to Latics Chairman Dave Whelan before the two met face to face to discuss the issue this week.

Following the meeting, Mr Whelan accepted James’ decision and it is both their wish that the letter is published here in full, alongside this statement. There will be no further comment on this issue by the club.

Dear Mr Whelan

I wanted to write to you before talking about this face to face and explain my reasons for not wearing a poppy on my shirt for the game at Bolton.

I have complete respect for those who fought and died in both World Wars - many I know were Irish-born. I have been told that your own Grandfather Paddy Whelan, from Tipperary, was one of those.

I mourn their deaths like every other decent person and if the Poppy was a symbol only for the lost souls of World War I and II I would wear one.

I want to make that 100% clear .You must understand this.

But the Poppy is used to remember victims of other conflicts since 1945 and this is where the problem starts for me.

For people from the North of Ireland such as myself, and specifically those in Derry, scene of the 1972 Bloody Sunday massacre, the poppy has come to mean something very different. Please understand, Mr Whelan, that when you come from Creggan like myself or the Bogside, Brandywell or the majority of places in Derry, every person still lives in the shadow of one of the darkest days in Ireland’s history — even if like me you were born nearly 20 years after the event. It is just a part of who we are, ingrained into us from birth.

Mr Whelan, for me to wear a poppy would be as much a gesture of disrespect for the innocent people who lost their lives in the Troubles — and Bloody Sunday especially - as I have in the past been accused of disrespecting the victims of WWI and WWII.

It would be seen as an act of disrespect to those people; to my people.

I am not a war monger, or anti-British, or a terrorist or any of the accusations levelled at me in the past. I am a peaceful guy, I believe everyone should live side by side, whatever their religious or political beliefs which I respect and ask for people to respect mine in return. Since last year, I am a father and I want my daughter to grow up in a peaceful world, like any parent.

I am very proud of where I come from and I just cannot do something that I believe is wrong. In life, if you’re a man you should stand up for what you believe in.

I know you may not agree with my feelings but I hope very much that you understand my reasons.

As the owner of the club I am proud to play for, I believe I owe both you and the club’s supporters this explanation.

Yours sincerely,

James McClean

The wearing of the poppy has come to represent all those who gave their lives in all conflicts. Many Irish people, Catholic & Protestant, from the North and the Republic, died (and continue to die) fighting the tyranny in Europe, Asia, Africa and many other parts of the world over the past 100 years.
Also many innocent Irish people lost their lives during the German bombing raids over the UK.
I do not condone war, but I do pay tribute to all those who sacrificed their lives, so we can enjoy the freedom we have today
James Mclean on 12:07 - Nov 9 with 2254 viewsjacksinceever

James Mclean on 08:08 - Nov 9 by Dr_Winston

According to some. Not according to others.

Andrew Marr says no.

My uncle, who was a miner at the time said he did. I'd sooner believe him
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024