Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye bye bye Johnson 09:24 - Jul 7 with 48247 viewswood_hoop

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Hope it don't mean we get a points deduction
Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 15:23 - Jul 8 with 2009 viewsSheffieldHoop

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 15:03 - Jul 8 by SydneyRs

Are you talking about Boris or Starmer when you refer to originally being anti brexit?

Starmer has no choice now, it's irreversible for quite some time despite obviously taking the country backwards.

It's obvious who I'm referring to - Stop the humdrum. Starmer has no choice about what? Evidence suggests Starmer will be doing everything he possibly can to take us back in. And the EU will be more than happy to collaborate in fcking us all over. I suppose that's when I'll be joining you in fcking off to Australia.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:24 - Jul 8 with 2021 viewsdmm

Bye bye bye Johnson on 13:11 - Jul 8 by paulparker

Remind me what party started an illegal war and lied about weapons of mass destruction
Maybe the same party who has blood on its hands over Dr Kelly

Remind me who has been enabling the appalling war in Yemen for 7 years where 350,000 have died? The UK has received billions in Saudi cash for arms.

Blair's war was indefensible. So is the Tory's war.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:24 - Jul 8 with 2020 viewsderbyhoop

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

It was much simpler than that. Johnson was always known as a serial liar. It came to a head over Pincher.
The story changed twice a day and wphen he couldn't lie about it any more he sent juniors out on the media round to lie on his behalf.
Then hours later he shafted them.

At last Tory MPs got fed up with the obvious lying. 58 resignations finally did for him.

I don't really care where places him but hope for someone more honest. Even for a politician.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:30 - Jul 8 with 1995 viewswood_hoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:02 - Jul 8 by SheffieldHoop

That's how elections work. I know the remain-focused government of the day set up the referendum so that they would get the result they wanted, but even they never had the foresight to insert the "If leave wins they have to win by at least 5 million votes" clause

They had the backing of the elites, political and cultural, 80% of Cameron's cabinet backed remain, multiple letters signed by multiple hundreds of celebrities. Anyone who came out as a leaver was generally abused in public discourse, James Dyson for example.....Anyone on the remain side was celebrated. Even Corbyn did his whole "Lets Remain and fight for better" schtick - Convincing nobody. I do also think that it was timed fairly well for remain, the majority would arguably have been much larger if they'd called it in 2008.

The message as to what was expected of us plebs was loud and clear. As it was for the AV referendum a few years prior. Except this time, the will was too strong, too many people too fcked off by years of lies and neglect.....And while the media can do all they want to try and present Brexiteer politicians/values as unelectable/immoral, most people don't take any notice, we know they are lying so it's easy to ignore it.

Not a problem with those that voted 'to leave' but very nieve to think that it was the the Remain side that alone turned 'the vote to the 'leave side' lots of murky goings on in elections in the UK & I include Trumps victory in that.

But then it was only the Remainers that were against the 'plebs' , there is plenty of evidence that the Brexit side were being financed from dodgy sources.

Johnson/Tories and Trump are fraudsters on the highest scale, both should be in jail but then the plebs wouldn't have got their 'day of glory' would they ?

We I know won't agree but maybe having such a blinkered view, stops you really looking into just how and why elections over the last few years have been turned on their head.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/12/world/europe/russian-money-uk-tories.html

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/heres-what-we-know-about-alleged-russian

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/trumps-businesses-are-full-of-dirty-russi
Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 15:36 - Jul 8 with 1944 viewsSheffieldHoop

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 15:20 - Jul 8 by LimehouseR

The Scientists, the NHS and the countless volunteers delivered the vaccines and it was largely orchestrated by them and not the Tory government who would tell you otherwise. They were too busy making their friends richer with sub standard PPE and taking the credit for it all.
My reference wasn't to the pandemic specifically anyway it was to the financial state we now find ourselves in.

You cannot for a second convince a rational person that Kier is in the same stratosphere of dishonesty, sleaze and corruption as Johnson is! 126 fines issued to Downing Street MPs and officials... 0 issued to Starmer. The daily mail went on about that curry gate incident for WEEKS trying to convince people he was just as bad and have failed miserably in their witch hunt. Johnson partied along with his cronies while most people abided by the rules and made countless painful sacrifices. You cannot trivialise it considering his position, responsibility, the times we were all going through and the fact they made the lockdown rules themselves and then broke them all. Name me another British Prime minister who has had a criminal charge enforced on them whilst in office?!

Changing your mind over Brexit is not dishonest. I don't agree with him but it is a case of we are in the throws of it now and people voted for it so let us get it done but in a better way than it is currently being managed.
Threw him out for racism? Doesn't sound dishonest to me. It would be dishonest if he hadn't thrown him out? Which is what Johnson did with Pincher. He instead promoted him.
Johnson has famously written racist comments and made xenophobic statements by the way which are easy to find on the internet, I won't repeat them here.

Anyway I am aware this is one of those conversations whereby neither of us will agree on much I imagine so I will leave it at this. Plus NorthernR doesn't need more wasted hours worrying about the content of this message board when there is sunshine and beer to enjoy this weekend!

All the best Sheffield. I hope we can at least agree that supporting QPR is both a joy and a chore etc!

Haha yeah, I worked on the vaccine rollout myself and would also like to take as much credit for it as possible. But the truth is I just configured the pay rules so that the (ahem) 'volunteers' running the vaccination hubs could get paid.

The fact is, we acquired more vaccine doses much more quickly and efficiently than practically any other nation. Sure we can go through the articles of the time and argue about who did what, but you have to admit that the vaccine rollout was a success, particularly when compared with our EU neighbors.

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 15:41 - Jul 8 with 1938 viewsstowmarketrange

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 15:36 - Jul 8 by SheffieldHoop

Haha yeah, I worked on the vaccine rollout myself and would also like to take as much credit for it as possible. But the truth is I just configured the pay rules so that the (ahem) 'volunteers' running the vaccination hubs could get paid.

The fact is, we acquired more vaccine doses much more quickly and efficiently than practically any other nation. Sure we can go through the articles of the time and argue about who did what, but you have to admit that the vaccine rollout was a success, particularly when compared with our EU neighbors.

But was that his decision or a government one?The order to send people from hospitals to care homes to kill others there was either down to him or his government,but I never heard him say that it was all his idea.
You can’t take personal credit for the successes and blame others for the failures.That’s what all politicians do,but he’s the worst culprit.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:45 - Jul 8 with 1906 viewskensalriser

Jeez, are we back to the Iraq war again? Absolutely nothing to do with the current political situation of course, but just for the hell of it, let's look at how the commons vote went:

84 Labour MPs voted against and 69 abstained.
2 Conservatives voted against and 17 abstained.

Boris Johnson voted for. Keir Starmer wasn't an MP so it's nothing to do with him. The last leader of the Labour Party however, voted against.

There's no question a Conservative government would have done exactly the same thing, so to use it as a partisan stick with which to beat Labour is absurd. Especially in the context of attempting to defend Boris Johnson.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:45 - Jul 8 with 1882 viewsSheffieldHoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:30 - Jul 8 by wood_hoop

Not a problem with those that voted 'to leave' but very nieve to think that it was the the Remain side that alone turned 'the vote to the 'leave side' lots of murky goings on in elections in the UK & I include Trumps victory in that.

But then it was only the Remainers that were against the 'plebs' , there is plenty of evidence that the Brexit side were being financed from dodgy sources.

Johnson/Tories and Trump are fraudsters on the highest scale, both should be in jail but then the plebs wouldn't have got their 'day of glory' would they ?

We I know won't agree but maybe having such a blinkered view, stops you really looking into just how and why elections over the last few years have been turned on their head.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/12/world/europe/russian-money-uk-tories.html

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/heres-what-we-know-about-alleged-russian

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/trumps-businesses-are-full-of-dirty-russi

Yeah, I do follow Carole Cadwalladrs regular retractions for all the things she's got wrong. I dunno why some lefties think that working-class people were manipulated by Facebook ads.....Just further evidence that you see us as beneath you. Too stupid to tell real from fake.

The issue with that point of view is that we actually live in the areas that feel the impact of mass immigration and so we vote based on what we see on the high street and the busses, rather than what we see on facebook.

Login to get fewer ads

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 15:49 - Jul 8 with 1872 viewsSheffieldHoop

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 15:41 - Jul 8 by stowmarketrange

But was that his decision or a government one?The order to send people from hospitals to care homes to kill others there was either down to him or his government,but I never heard him say that it was all his idea.
You can’t take personal credit for the successes and blame others for the failures.That’s what all politicians do,but he’s the worst culprit.

"That’s what all politicians do,but he’s the worst culprit."

So, what's your point? He's good at politics?

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 15:54 - Jul 8 with 1871 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 15:23 - Jul 8 by SheffieldHoop

It's obvious who I'm referring to - Stop the humdrum. Starmer has no choice about what? Evidence suggests Starmer will be doing everything he possibly can to take us back in. And the EU will be more than happy to collaborate in fcking us all over. I suppose that's when I'll be joining you in fcking off to Australia.

The evidence of recent weeks is the complete opposite of this. Despite apparently having no policies they’ve had a good go at addressing the toxic issue that is Brexit with a plan to “make it work”. They’ll clearly never get through to people who weirdly have to fight about it forever but we are out of the EU and not rejoining it any time soon no matter how many culture wars over this will inevitably be created every election the government can get away with using it to distract from everything else.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:57 - Jul 8 with 1862 viewsHAYESBOY

Now do fck off please as my local MP.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 16:13 - Jul 8 with 1777 viewsSheffieldHoop

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 15:54 - Jul 8 by Watford_Ranger

The evidence of recent weeks is the complete opposite of this. Despite apparently having no policies they’ve had a good go at addressing the toxic issue that is Brexit with a plan to “make it work”. They’ll clearly never get through to people who weirdly have to fight about it forever but we are out of the EU and not rejoining it any time soon no matter how many culture wars over this will inevitably be created every election the government can get away with using it to distract from everything else.

Yeah I wouldn't take Kier Starmer's words as "Evidence"

Starmer who wanted us to remain in the European medicines agency after Brexit - Got called out on it by Boris in the middle of the hugely successful vaccine rollout - Starmer claimed Boris was lying.........And then actually it turned out Starmer had said at least twice that the UK should seek to remain in the European Medicines Agency. But that doesn't make the headlines.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2022 16:15]

Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:27 - Jul 8 with 1763 viewsEsox_Lucius

Bye bye bye Johnson on 13:11 - Jul 8 by paulparker

Remind me what party started an illegal war and lied about weapons of mass destruction
Maybe the same party who has blood on its hands over Dr Kelly

Ah the old, lame whataboutery argument. Always a good fallback when you've got nothing.

The grass is always greener.

Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:31 - Jul 8 with 1744 viewsEsox_Lucius

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:01 - Jul 8 by SheffieldHoop

Left-wing people really do think everyone else is stupid and beneath them, don't they?

Work harder and prove them wrong!

The grass is always greener.

Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:38 - Jul 8 with 1691 viewsSheffieldHoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:31 - Jul 8 by Esox_Lucius

Work harder and prove them wrong!

Work harder at what? Arranging vaccine rollouts? Or taking credit for them?

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 16:46 - Jul 8 with 1673 viewsderbyhoop

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 16:13 - Jul 8 by SheffieldHoop

Yeah I wouldn't take Kier Starmer's words as "Evidence"

Starmer who wanted us to remain in the European medicines agency after Brexit - Got called out on it by Boris in the middle of the hugely successful vaccine rollout - Starmer claimed Boris was lying.........And then actually it turned out Starmer had said at least twice that the UK should seek to remain in the European Medicines Agency. But that doesn't make the headlines.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2022 16:15]

What's the current situation with vaccines in UK?

In France 81.5% of over 12s are fully vaccinated. The remainder, I presume, are vaccine sceptics.

The number of cases has shot up again, in the last few weeks, but ICU occupancy is only 16%.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 16:48 - Jul 8 with 1647 viewsSheffieldHoop

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 16:46 - Jul 8 by derbyhoop

What's the current situation with vaccines in UK?

In France 81.5% of over 12s are fully vaccinated. The remainder, I presume, are vaccine sceptics.

The number of cases has shot up again, in the last few weeks, but ICU occupancy is only 16%.

The current situation is that everyone who wanted it, got it, quite a while before most people around the rest of the world.

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 16:50 - Jul 8 with 1660 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 15:23 - Jul 8 by SheffieldHoop

Mr. Speaker, was it two pages ago that the honourable member for Sheffield was bemoaning immigrants coming to the UK….(raucous howls)…and Mr. Speaker (more howls) Mr. Speaker, here he is saying: that if the UK returned to the EU, (rising howls), he’d be fcuking off to Australia!

(Bedlam and much waving of papers) Mr. Speaker the irony is not lost on this side of the house! And if upon getting there he notices a large number of Asian faces on one side of the street, and on the other side, angry men waving placards saying ‘We grew here. You flew here!’ (Huge noise in anticipation grows) Mr. Speaker I ask him…which side of the street will you go to?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 16:54 - Jul 8 with 1632 viewsSheffieldHoop

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 16:50 - Jul 8 by PlanetHonneywood

Mr. Speaker, was it two pages ago that the honourable member for Sheffield was bemoaning immigrants coming to the UK….(raucous howls)…and Mr. Speaker (more howls) Mr. Speaker, here he is saying: that if the UK returned to the EU, (rising howls), he’d be fcuking off to Australia!

(Bedlam and much waving of papers) Mr. Speaker the irony is not lost on this side of the house! And if upon getting there he notices a large number of Asian faces on one side of the street, and on the other side, angry men waving placards saying ‘We grew here. You flew here!’ (Huge noise in anticipation grows) Mr. Speaker I ask him…which side of the street will you go to?

It was a joke, directed at Sydney. I wouldn't move to Australia if you paid me. I simply couldn't survive on freezer food for that long.

Speaking of irony - How about an ex-pat Brit in Sydney, telling me, a working-class piece of shit supporting a woman and child in a studio flat on a council estate neighboring Heathrow airport, what I should vote for and why? Particularly when it comes to immigration.

But +1 for creativity anyway.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2022 17:12]

Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:50 - Jul 8 with 1503 viewshubble

Bread and circuses.

Over 2000 years since Juvenal said that.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 18:14 - Jul 8 with 1462 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 16:54 - Jul 8 by SheffieldHoop

It was a joke, directed at Sydney. I wouldn't move to Australia if you paid me. I simply couldn't survive on freezer food for that long.

Speaking of irony - How about an ex-pat Brit in Sydney, telling me, a working-class piece of shit supporting a woman and child in a studio flat on a council estate neighboring Heathrow airport, what I should vote for and why? Particularly when it comes to immigration.

But +1 for creativity anyway.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2022 17:12]

Good thing your other internet personas aren’t real otherwise it would be really cramped.
Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 18:21 - Jul 8 with 1431 viewsSheffieldHoop

Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 18:14 - Jul 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Good thing your other internet personas aren’t real otherwise it would be really cramped.

Ok, I confess, I'm Northern in disguise. You caught me.

Bye bye bye Johnson on 18:22 - Jul 8 with 1440 viewspaulparker

Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:27 - Jul 8 by Esox_Lucius

Ah the old, lame whataboutery argument. Always a good fallback when you've got nothing.

I’d hardly call what the last Labour government did as nothing perhaps you and stranger things would like to tell that to all the people who suffered because of Blair’s ego and blatant lies
But Yeah I suppose an illegal war built on a sham is lame to what Boris has done ,
The thing is no one is ever going to let you lot back in so maybe you need to accept it and stop getting narky

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bye bye bye Johnson on 18:32 - Jul 8 with 1396 viewsthemodfather

he should go immediately, not be allowed to stay a day an hour or minute longer.
he is guilty as charge on all counts and the list is long.
he blames all around him and the "herd" but it is him with the issues, look at the mess of his home life and people didn't see that as an issue and not how he would act as an MP or PM????????????
don't forget it was OUR MONEY HE THEW AT EVERYTHING , ours! and we will pay for many years to come .
time to go now eff off
Bye bye bye Johnson on 18:45 - Jul 8 with 3579 viewskensalriser

Bye bye bye Johnson on 18:22 - Jul 8 by paulparker

I’d hardly call what the last Labour government did as nothing perhaps you and stranger things would like to tell that to all the people who suffered because of Blair’s ego and blatant lies
But Yeah I suppose an illegal war built on a sham is lame to what Boris has done ,
The thing is no one is ever going to let you lot back in so maybe you need to accept it and stop getting narky

Just to reiterate:

It was a free vote in the commons, not along party lines. Many more Labour MPS voted against than Conservatives. Boris Johnson voted for. I'll say that again in case you missed it.

Boris Johnson voted for the Iraq war.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024