Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye bye bye Johnson 09:24 - Jul 7 with 47652 viewswood_hoop

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Hope it don't mean we get a points deduction
Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:34 - Jul 7 with 2054 viewsterryb

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:13 - Jul 7 by lightwaterhoop

The elite were almost 100 per cent remainers so thats your stupid opinion discredited.

Rhys-Mogg, David Davies, the peer who was his Brexit negoiator? Not establishment or not leavers? Are the Daily Mail & Daily Express not establishment & campaigned for leaving?

At least they were consistent as leavers, unlike Boris who changed to one directly he sensed this was his way forward.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 17:43]
Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:41 - Jul 7 with 2027 viewsterryb

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:16 - Jul 7 by QPR_John

Can you tell me the last prime minister that was elected. I can name numerous elected MP's that became prime minister but i cannot recall a prime minister that was elected and then became a MP. Try and change the system if you want but at the moment we do not have a presidential system. Remember Brown taking over from Blaire. Maybe there should be a by-election when an MP crosses the house.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 10:18]

Alec Douglas Hume?

He was in the Lords when he became leader of the Conservative Party & had to be elected to the Commons in a by-election,.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:42 - Jul 7 with 2024 viewsJuzzie

"Robert Buckland, the new Secretary of State for Wales, was one of a series of ministers appointed today which ensured the PM had a full cabinet in place by the time he announced his departure.

The new cabinet minister told BBC Newsnight:

"He will observe convention. I have no doubt about that......"

He's talking about a man who does not know the meaning of the word convention. He's going to have his job cut out trying to keep him in line.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:44 - Jul 7 with 2014 viewsQPR_John

Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:20 - Jul 7 by QPR_Jim

I think T.May has been quoted as saying that the next PM needs to unite the country and I think proportional representation would be a way of doing that without leaving it to chance. Proportional representation should lead to more cross party working which would hopefully lead to a more amicable relationship between the parties within the house and set the tone for conversations by the general public.

“ Proportional representation should lead to more cross party working ”

Really. It may require cross party working but in reality they would all be looking at ways to score points off each other. It does not matter what party is in opposition they look on their first priority to criticise the government of the day.
Bye bye bye Johnson (n/t) on 17:45 - Jul 7 with 1998 viewsQPR_John

Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:41 - Jul 7 by terryb

Alec Douglas Hume?

He was in the Lords when he became leader of the Conservative Party & had to be elected to the Commons in a by-election,.

Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:46 - Jul 7 with 1994 viewsQPR_John

Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:41 - Jul 7 by terryb

Alec Douglas Hume?

Again elected as an MP not PM
Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:59 - Jul 7 with 1946 viewsT_Block

Its funny when one group loses a referendum vote fair and square where free individuals can vote what they like it is suddenly one by Lies and cheating.Reminds me of one Donald Trump.
Get over it the remainers lost
Bye bye bye Johnson on 18:07 - Jul 7 with 1902 viewsterryb

Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:46 - Jul 7 by QPR_John

Again elected as an MP not PM

Of course this is true, but he was elected with the knowledge that he would be PM rather than seeing if his party had a majority.

Therefore, it could be argued that he was elected to be PM.
Login to get fewer ads

Bye bye bye Johnson on 18:23 - Jul 7 with 1847 viewsT_Block

99% of the labour party 50% of the conservative party,100% of the Lib Dems,SNP,CBI,Bank of England,the unions all of the Arts and Media TV,Radio (never heard a pro-leave comment on Radio 4) anyone who has never lost a job to a cheaper wage east european or immigrant from elsewhere when there were 2-3 million unemployed etc, the EU where every decision or vote they do not like is ignored or told to do again

versus Boris jumping on the Farage bandwagon ,about 100 Tory MP's and millions of pissed-off ordinary workers.

They were out to get him from the start.

I do not believe that the parties were important enough to vote out a man with a 80 odd seat majority.Or pincher.Or the narrative that he is a liar.He was at the leaving does for 15 minutes thanked the sacked person and left.What was the phrase he used in his speech today Darwinian?It is a bloody coup and no one can convince me otherwise.

Bastard rich elite who only democratic when it suits them.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 18:25 - Jul 7 with 1847 viewsA40Bosh

Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:59 - Jul 7 by T_Block

Its funny when one group loses a referendum vote fair and square where free individuals can vote what they like it is suddenly one by Lies and cheating.Reminds me of one Donald Trump.
Get over it the remainers lost

regardless of how I voted, I personally think that the definition of "majority" needs to be looked at, in something as fundamental as a national referendum for Brexit, Independence.
In a 52/48 result, you could argue that nearly 50% of the country voted stay and just over 50% wanted to go, so how can you equate that to being "the will of the people". Likewise if they did do something as stupid as call another referendum to go back in the it should be 70% of people vote to go back in and not 52.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 18:34 - Jul 7 with 1813 viewsstowmarketrange

Bye bye bye Johnson on 18:25 - Jul 7 by A40Bosh

regardless of how I voted, I personally think that the definition of "majority" needs to be looked at, in something as fundamental as a national referendum for Brexit, Independence.
In a 52/48 result, you could argue that nearly 50% of the country voted stay and just over 50% wanted to go, so how can you equate that to being "the will of the people". Likewise if they did do something as stupid as call another referendum to go back in the it should be 70% of people vote to go back in and not 52.

I think the SNP would see 52% as a victory if it happened in an independence referendum.Would they care that almost half would choose to remain in the UK?
Bye bye bye Johnson on 18:38 - Jul 7 with 1802 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bye bye bye Johnson on 18:23 - Jul 7 by T_Block

99% of the labour party 50% of the conservative party,100% of the Lib Dems,SNP,CBI,Bank of England,the unions all of the Arts and Media TV,Radio (never heard a pro-leave comment on Radio 4) anyone who has never lost a job to a cheaper wage east european or immigrant from elsewhere when there were 2-3 million unemployed etc, the EU where every decision or vote they do not like is ignored or told to do again

versus Boris jumping on the Farage bandwagon ,about 100 Tory MP's and millions of pissed-off ordinary workers.

I do not believe that the parties were important enough to vote out a man with a 80 odd seat majority.Or pincher.Or the narrative that he is a liar.He was at the leaving does for 15 minutes thanked the sacked person and left.What was the phrase he used in his speech today Darwinian?It is a bloody coup and no one can convince me otherwise.

Who is “They”? The bloke got unbelievably kind press and sycophantic support from his Cabinet and MPs through scandal after scandal. Billions wasted (corruptly) through Covid, tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths. Yeah fine you liked the guy and he ‘got it done’ but to argue he’s somehow anti-establishment is just dumb. Eton/Oxford/buffooning your way up the career ladder is as establishment as it gets.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 18:41 - Jul 7 with 1781 viewsstowmarketrange

I know it’s old ground,but even if he was only there for 15 mins,it was still long enough to see people drinking and mixing with other work colleagues which was illegal at the time.
Why did he not just tell them to stop partying because it might be illegal and it might look bad if the news ever came out to Joe public?
Bye bye bye Johnson on 18:48 - Jul 7 with 1760 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

People are still mistaking being a Leave or Remain voter for a personality I see.

Meanwhile, I heard a case today of a wheelchair bound Mum who’s been forced to share a bed with her 12 year old son for 3 years because her (Labour) council evicted her after her husband died.

Stop treating MPs like X Factor contestants and political scandals like transfer deadline day. These people are sociopaths.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 18:51]
Bye bye bye Johnson on 18:57 - Jul 7 with 1723 viewsdenhamhoop2

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:35 - Jul 7 by LythamR

Surely the obvious thing to do here is to Revert all the ministerial and PPC positions back to where they were before Sunak and Javid resigned and remove Boris immediately and replace him with someone like Rabb

that would give continuity at least until a new PM is chosen

whats happening now puts large chunks of government in inexperienced hands at a crucial time and many of these new ministers will be out in a couple of months anyway

Absolute madness

Might allow the civil servants to actually carry out their jobs then without Government. The worry with that is most of them have been appointed by Boris and co so god knows how incompetent most of them actually are
Bye bye bye Johnson on 19:02 - Jul 7 with 1704 viewsRangersw12

This article is unbelievable apprently Boris has been defeated by the elite and the MSM

😂😂😂😂😂
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 19:08]
Bye bye bye Johnson on 19:07 - Jul 7 with 1695 viewsderbyhoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:06 - Jul 7 by SheffieldHoop

"seeing white, educated, Christian Europeans replaced by Africans and people from the Middle East and Asia."

So, what's the problem with that then?

Nothing for me.
But those who wanted to get rid of Pakis/Muslims ( I found both derogatory terms expressed) will not be happy.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 19:17 - Jul 7 with 1672 viewsdistortR

*peers into thread and ducks for cover*
Bye bye bye Johnson on 19:17 - Jul 7 with 1672 viewsstowmarketrange

Bye bye bye Johnson on 19:02 - Jul 7 by Rangersw12

This article is unbelievable apprently Boris has been defeated by the elite and the MSM

😂😂😂😂😂
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 19:08]

It looks like he did nothing wrong then,and therefore has no reason to have been apologising for the last 9 months.
Do these people live in the real world,or their own made up one?
Bye bye bye Johnson on 19:30 - Jul 7 with 1641 viewsQPR_Jim

Bye bye bye Johnson on 19:07 - Jul 7 by derbyhoop

Nothing for me.
But those who wanted to get rid of Pakis/Muslims ( I found both derogatory terms expressed) will not be happy.

Bit like the barber that told me he was voting leave to stop Nigerians coming over here. I did point out his mistake in a respectful manner but chose not to press the issue when he doubled down on his position given his access to sharp implements.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 19:33 - Jul 7 with 1628 viewsRangersw12

Bye bye bye Johnson on 19:17 - Jul 7 by stowmarketrange

It looks like he did nothing wrong then,and therefore has no reason to have been apologising for the last 9 months.

Yep and anything he did do wrong shouldn't have been reported as there was more important things going on 🙄
Bye bye bye Johnson on 19:33 - Jul 7 with 1626 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Bye bye bye Johnson on 19:17 - Jul 7 by stowmarketrange

The latter. We live in a made up world.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 19:40 - Jul 7 with 1607 viewsQPR_Jim

Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:44 - Jul 7 by QPR_John

“ Proportional representation should lead to more cross party working ”

Really. It may require cross party working but in reality they would all be looking at ways to score points off each other. It does not matter what party is in opposition they look on their first priority to criticise the government of the day.

True, I guess we'd end up with more coalitions in reality unless we changed the way things work to make the cabinet based on proportional representation as well.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 19:50 - Jul 7 with 1578 viewsBostonR

If only we had listened.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&
Bye bye bye Johnson on 20:12 - Jul 7 with 1520 viewsTonto

Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:15 - Jul 7 by SheffieldHoop

I'll have a go

Tony Blair, Gina Miller, Andrew Adonis, David Cameron, Theresa May, Alistair Campbell, Kier Starmer, Jeremy Hunt, Michael Heseltine......Boris Johnson

Not sure anyone really thinks Johnson is not a part of that elite. I think the point is that he's amongst the few who seem on be on our* side. Or at least, aren't diametrically opposed to Brexit.

Edit - *Our as in - the 17.4m of us who voted to leave.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 17:19]

The UK population is 67M. Just saying.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024