Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye bye bye Johnson 09:24 - Jul 7 with 47650 viewswood_hoop

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Hope it don't mean we get a points deduction
Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:28 - Jul 7 with 2107 viewsJuzzie

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:19 - Jul 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

Agree. He resigned as leader of the Conservative party not as leader of the country. He then went on to say this would mean an election for a new leader in “that” party and a new Prime Minister. I’m not sure where this is heading personally.

Boris = Trump-lite.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:29 - Jul 7 with 2104 viewsMaggsinho

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:27 - Jul 7 by robith

Now Leadsom saying "he who laughs last, laughs loudest. Wait and see".

This is gonna get ugly

That was Andrea Jenkyns, who is even more nuts.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:35 - Jul 7 with 2073 viewsderbyhoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:48 - Jul 7 by QPR_John

You have little faith in the British public. Maybe there should be some kind of test that you need to take and those that fail are disenfranchised
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 11:51]

I don't have much faith in the electorate. A very large proportion do not take any interest in politics. Unless something seriously affects their personal life.
They then get to vote in elections for (or against) a candidate for, very often, ridiculously inappropriate reasons.

But, if anybody knows a better system, they will have to propose it and get it voted through by the idiots they previously voted for.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:41 - Jul 7 with 2031 viewsTheChef

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:28 - Jul 7 by EastR

the problem with the British constitution is not only is it not in a single document, most of it is not even written down at all!

Indeed. Has anyone checked the Magna Carta small print?

Come on Brenda pull yer finger out. Constitutional monarch my ar$e.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:42 - Jul 7 with 2026 viewsJuzzie

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:35 - Jul 7 by derbyhoop

I don't have much faith in the electorate. A very large proportion do not take any interest in politics. Unless something seriously affects their personal life.
They then get to vote in elections for (or against) a candidate for, very often, ridiculously inappropriate reasons.

But, if anybody knows a better system, they will have to propose it and get it voted through by the idiots they previously voted for.

At the time of the 2016 EU referendum, a young (you know... the ones who were most vocal about it but had the lowest turn out) lady who was with a large crowd outside Parliament was asked why she thinks we should stay in the EU and her answer was.......

"Because we should love each other".

Well, that's a really good, sound and reasoned argument of the topic in hand.

edit: I just remembered she also went on to say we should stay in the EU because "we should have free travel around Europe".
Not freedom of travel as in the Schengen Agreement but actually free, as in not paying for it. Now, I don't want to judge a book by it's cover but I will... she looked exactly like someone who was just wanting a freeloading jolly. Who does she think will actually cover the expense..... taxpayers? While she's not working?

[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 17:09]
Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:48 - Jul 7 with 1999 viewsTheChef

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:42 - Jul 7 by Juzzie

At the time of the 2016 EU referendum, a young (you know... the ones who were most vocal about it but had the lowest turn out) lady who was with a large crowd outside Parliament was asked why she thinks we should stay in the EU and her answer was.......

edit: I just remembered she also went on to say we should stay in the EU because "we should have free travel around Europe".
Not freedom of travel as in the Schengen Agreement but actually free, as in not paying for it. Now, I don't want to judge a book by it's cover but I will... she looked exactly like someone who was just wanting a freeloading jolly. Who does she think will actually cover the expense..... taxpayers? While she's not working?

Yeah John Maynard Keynes was a real romantic

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:48 - Jul 7 with 1999 viewswood_hoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:19 - Jul 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

Agree. He resigned as leader of the Conservative party not as leader of the country. He then went on to say this would mean an election for a new leader in “that” party and a new Prime Minister. I’m not sure where this is heading personally.

A big piss up maybe????? well part of the plan .....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-wife-carrie-host-27422792?u
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 15:50]
Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:52 - Jul 7 with 1970 viewsSnipper

No matter who the next Tory PM is, or if it’s a Labour PM after the next General Election, there can be absolutely no talk about rejoining the EU.

17.4 million people voted to leave against the 16.8 who voted to remain.

Both sides obviously lied to the electorate during the campaign.

The Leave campaigns main one was the £350m extra the NHS would have per week.
The Remain campaigns main one was the immediate 10% rise in Income tax via an emergency budget.

The electorate voted out, and we have to abide by it.

Johnson got his 80 seat majority for one reason only. That reason being the Labour Party.
They screamed ‘racist’ at anybody and everybody who dared to vote leave for nigh on 4 years.
How do you expect people to vote for your party when you’ve basically called them racist for 4 years?
That’s why the invisible red wall fell.

Jeremy Corbyn was an expensive mistake. He made Labour unelectable, thus giving Johnson an 80 seat majority.

Brexit is here, and it should be here to stay for at least 25-30 years. We can’t go back to the division the referendum caused.

The EU have to take some of the blame as well.
Britain didn’t join the EEC back in 1975 to eventually end up in a dictatorship run by unelected officials.

As has been said on here, rejoining the EU will be detrimental to Britain. We’d have to sign up to absolutely everything to even be considered.
The Euro, the EU army, Schengen to name but three.

If you think that we were divided as a nation before the referendum in 2016, that would be nothing compared to the next one.
Login to get fewer ads

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:58 - Jul 7 with 1934 viewsderbyhoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:42 - Jul 7 by Juzzie

Is that any more stupid than voting to Leave EU, because of immigration. Then finding we are desperate for people to do the jobs EU nationals used to do.
And seeing white, educated, Christian Europeans replaced by Africans and people from the Middle East and Asia.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:00 - Jul 7 with 1918 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:13 - Jul 7 by lightwaterhoop

The elite were almost 100 per cent remainers so thats your stupid opinion discredited.

Jacob Rees-Mogg is a famous rags to riches story.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:02 - Jul 7 with 1906 viewsrobith

yeah come on lads, brexit is over guys, and you're certainly not going to resolve it in this thread
Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:08 - Jul 7 with 1875 viewsEastR

It’s ironic that, even with all of the strife that was self-inflicted, and backed into a corner he was still in situ, only to be finally undone by a lack of a Pincher movement.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:12 - Jul 7 with 1846 viewsQPR_John

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:58 - Jul 7 by derbyhoop

Is that any more stupid than voting to Leave EU, because of immigration. Then finding we are desperate for people to do the jobs EU nationals used to do.
And seeing white, educated, Christian Europeans replaced by Africans and people from the Middle East and Asia.

“ Then finding we are desperate for people to do the jobs EU nationals used to do. ”

Glad you raised that point. What happened to the jobs not filled in their own countries because so many EU nationals came here to work. Of course their may have been a scarcity of jobs to make them come here so what have these EU nationals gone back to
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 16:14]
Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:28 - Jul 7 with 1771 viewsdmm

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:35 - Jul 7 by derbyhoop

I get what you're saying and why, but a PR electoral system would at least go some way to making Parliament more representative and therefore more democratic.

There would of course be more needed than a change of the electoral system to make the ugly politics of the UK into something approaching a fair and just system.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:28 - Jul 7 with 1768 viewsRangersw12

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:13 - Jul 7 by lightwaterhoop

The elite were almost 100 per cent remainers so thats your stupid opinion discredited.

Please can you give us your definition of "elite"
Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:35 - Jul 7 with 1727 viewsJuzzie

Can we maybe veer off Brexit (myself included lol!)

Been done to death.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:39 - Jul 7 with 1680 viewsJuzzie

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:28 - Jul 7 by Juzzie

Boris = Trump-lite.

Interested in yours thoughts, nightwish.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:43 - Jul 7 with 1654 viewsderbyhoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:12 - Jul 7 by QPR_John

“ Then finding we are desperate for people to do the jobs EU nationals used to do. ”

Glad you raised that point. What happened to the jobs not filled in their own countries because so many EU nationals came here to work. Of course their may have been a scarcity of jobs to make them come here so what have these EU nationals gone back to
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 16:14]

Fair point.
The NHS has consistently raided various countries for doctors and nurses.
We also encouraged EU nationals to come to UK for work when we were desperate. Many only wanted to try it for a few years before heading home with healthy savings. The treatment of these people since 2016 (+ pandemic) drove many back to countries where they were welcomed and more opportunities had opened up, particularly in E Europe.

The new immigration laws (Patel), the need for visas (granted if earnings over 25k) and settled status means that, even if they wanted to come back, they don't qualify.

Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:43 - Jul 7 with 1652 viewskensalriser

Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:00 - Jul 7 by Watford_Ranger

Jacob Rees-Mogg is a famous rags to riches story.

Exactly. No point in arguing black is white with ignorant dupes who hoover up all the lies the elitist wealthy in the right wing press feed them.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:50 - Jul 7 with 1606 viewshubble

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:48 - Jul 7 by TheChef

Yeah John Maynard Keynes was a real romantic

Actually, he was! He married the Russian ballerina Lydia Lopokova, who I think he met in Paris....

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:52 - Jul 7 with 1589 viewsWatfordR

For some reason, the penny still does not appear to have dropped in the Conservative Party that Johnson cares no more for them than he does for anything or anyone else. It's even possible some of them still believe he's prepared to walk away from the post of PM.

This is a party for whom it's not possible to allow Johnson to spend one more day as it's leader due to a lack of honesty and integrity, but it's perfectly okay to allow him to spend the next three months leading the country.

Still, I suppose we're lucky there's not much going on that matters to the country, so what's another three months?
Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:05 - Jul 7 with 1534 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:48 - Jul 7 by wood_hoop

A big piss up maybe????? well part of the plan .....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-wife-carrie-host-27422792?u
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 15:50]

Pull the other one

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:06 - Jul 7 with 1507 viewsSheffieldHoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:58 - Jul 7 by derbyhoop

"seeing white, educated, Christian Europeans replaced by Africans and people from the Middle East and Asia."

So, what's the problem with that then?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:15 - Jul 7 with 1456 viewsSheffieldHoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:28 - Jul 7 by Rangersw12

Please can you give us your definition of "elite"

I'll have a go

Tony Blair, Gina Miller, Andrew Adonis, David Cameron, Theresa May, Alistair Campbell, Kier Starmer, Jeremy Hunt, Michael Heseltine......Boris Johnson

Not sure anyone really thinks Johnson is not a part of that elite. I think the point is that he's amongst the few who seem on be on our* side. Or at least, aren't diametrically opposed to Brexit.

Edit - *Our as in - the 17.4m of us who voted to leave.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 17:19]

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Bye bye bye Johnson on 17:20 - Jul 7 with 1454 viewsQPR_Jim

Bye bye bye Johnson on 16:28 - Jul 7 by dmm

I get what you're saying and why, but a PR electoral system would at least go some way to making Parliament more representative and therefore more democratic.

There would of course be more needed than a change of the electoral system to make the ugly politics of the UK into something approaching a fair and just system.

I think T.May has been quoted as saying that the next PM needs to unite the country and I think proportional representation would be a way of doing that without leaving it to chance. Proportional representation should lead to more cross party working which would hopefully lead to a more amicable relationship between the parties within the house and set the tone for conversations by the general public.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024