Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye bye bye Johnson 09:24 - Jul 7 with 47654 viewswood_hoop

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Hope it don't mean we get a points deduction
Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:04 - Jul 7 with 2043 viewsSuperhoop83

Suffering since 1978.

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:04 - Jul 7 with 2039 viewskensalriser

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:00 - Jul 7 by Maggsinho

Beat me to it, Eton educated, Bullingdon Club at Oxford, jobs at the Spectator and Telegraph, lived in a multi million pound house in Islington, he's as elite and establishment as they come.

And never had a proper job in his life unless you count writing made up shit for the Telegraph a proper job.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:08 - Jul 7 with 1996 viewsstowmarketrange

Bye bye bye Johnson on 13:57 - Jul 7 by R_from_afar

I wonder if she will resign now because she was 100% behind Boris?Or is she just another example of the double standards of her party?
Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:08 - Jul 7 with 1996 viewsR_from_afar

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:56 - Jul 7 by Sonofpugwash

Well I kinda like Steve Baker because he hates everyone - the ultimate leveller.

Good gag, I hope/think you're not really in favour of climate change denying Baker being PM. He is a man who doesn't understand modern renewable technologies and who wants to torpedo our dwindling chances of averting dangerous warming and our opportunity of using renewables to become energy independent.

This is what he said about fracking: "I think if the public found that they got discount gas on their energy bills because they had accepted shale gas extraction near their homes, it would be extremely popular".

Easy for him to say when there are no plans to start fracking at the end of *his* garden.

Perhaps he should try going and asking people directly affected by plans for fracking how they feel. I'm sure they will say that the threat of groundwater pollution, earthquakes and their homes plummeting in value is of no concern to them if they are going to get a temporary discount on their gas. That's without even talking about the impact on the climate.

He's a danger to us and the wider world. Avoid.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:11 - Jul 7 with 1984 viewsstowmarketrange

Any idea on when his leaving party is yet?Bring your own booze in a suitcase and as long as you stand by the door it’s not illegal.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:13 - Jul 7 with 1966 viewslightwaterhoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 13:51 - Jul 7 by kensalriser

Johnson is literally the embodiment of the elite. His dad has a second home in Greece and took French nationality post Brexit. Brexit was essentially a power battle within the elite, playing out Eton and Oxbridge drama on the national stage.

Don't believe all the shit the oligarch right wing press tells you because they're part of the smug entitled rich elite too.

The elite were almost 100 per cent remainers so thats your stupid opinion discredited.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:14 - Jul 7 with 1955 viewsCliff

Bye bye bye Johnson on 13:49 - Jul 7 by stowmarketrange

In that case he sold us all a pup because he was in so much of a rush to get his “oven ready deal” done that he obviously knew,or wasn’t bothered about the fact that the Northern Ireland protocols might break either the deal,the good Friday agreement or the law.
He will go down as the worst prime minister in living memory,and good riddance to the buffoon.Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

I couldn't agree more, I didn't see as a true general election but as more of a second referendum, and Boris won it with his "oven ready" deal. Which like most things with "oven ready" on the label leave a lot to be desired.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:16 - Jul 7 with 1941 viewsSonofpugwash

Apparently last night Our Michael(Gove) gave Boris until 9pm to quit.
At 8:59 Boris sacked him.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Login to get fewer ads

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:17 - Jul 7 with 1927 viewsToast_R

I guess its a case of getting elected as London Mayor (twice) and winning a huge majority at a general election for one reason - the opposition in both cases were so p*ss poor.

If the Tories had any sense, they'd get him out yesterday and appoint Penny Mordaunt as leader. Whilst Starmer remains leader of the opposition, they have every chance putting the sorry mess of Johnson's administration well behind them.

In my opinion, Labour should also change their leadership if they are to take the next election. I honestly think Rayner would be more appealing to the electorate than Keir Starmer.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:18 - Jul 7 with 1917 viewsNorthernr

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:16 - Jul 7 by Sonofpugwash

Apparently last night Our Michael(Gove) gave Boris until 9pm to quit.
At 8:59 Boris sacked him.

Very QPR that on a day of 60 resignations it's the QPR fan who gets the sack.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:18 - Jul 7 with 1917 viewsstowmarketrange

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:14 - Jul 7 by Cliff

I couldn't agree more, I didn't see as a true general election but as more of a second referendum, and Boris won it with his "oven ready" deal. Which like most things with "oven ready" on the label leave a lot to be desired.

Unfortunately though he forgot to deal with the giblets inside.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:19 - Jul 7 with 1906 viewsSonofpugwash

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:23 - Jul 7 with 1863 viewsManinBlack

Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:03 - Jul 7 by connell10

Correct mate , he had a track record of being a lying bastard before he was elected. What you cast so shall you reap! Good job done by the working class north 👏

I can never understand this UK disease of celebrity. People voting for a party leader rather than on the policies of the party.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:27 - Jul 7 with 1836 viewsrobith

Bye bye bye Johnson on 13:40 - Jul 7 by robith

Erm......it didn't really sound like he was going anywhere.

It sounded like he was playing for time and he intends to squat in office.

I have the feeling we've got a constitutional crisis brewing

Now Leadsom saying "he who laughs last, laughs loudest. Wait and see".

This is gonna get ugly
Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:29 - Jul 7 with 1822 viewsrobith

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:08 - Jul 7 by stowmarketrange

I wonder if she will resign now because she was 100% behind Boris?Or is she just another example of the double standards of her party?

I doubt she'll have a choice. People like Dorries and JRM are ultra loyal to Johnson cos no one else is dumb or venal enough to give them important jobs
Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:31 - Jul 7 with 1817 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dorries apparently standing down at the next election anyway so she’s got fck all to lose.
Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:35 - Jul 7 with 1787 viewsLythamR

Surely the obvious thing to do here is to Revert all the ministerial and PPC positions back to where they were before Sunak and Javid resigned and remove Boris immediately and replace him with someone like Rabb

that would give continuity at least until a new PM is chosen

whats happening now puts large chunks of government in inexperienced hands at a crucial time and many of these new ministers will be out in a couple of months anyway

Absolute madness
Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:41 - Jul 7 with 1757 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bye bye bye Johnson on 11:45 - Jul 7 by QPR_John

That is an interesting argument and has some merit but how would it be implemented. An election as now to get constituency MP's followed by an election for the PM. Surely he or she would have to belong to the party with the majority in which case would the electorate get a list of candidates chosen by that party. Who would vote. People who did not vote for that party would surly vote for the worse candidate to hinder said party.

What if an hung parliament. Would every party put forward a candidate for PM. Leading possibly to a situation where the elected PM did not enjoy the confidence of the house and thus not be able to get his or her policies through

Voting directly for a PM has many problems in our system and can only really make sense in a presidential system

Its not just a simple idea of lets elect the PM it would take a fundamental change to our system to a presidential system

What about when an MP crosses the house should there be a by-election.

It would have to be written into the constitution that when a PM resigns there is an immediate General Election. This, I realise, is much harder in Westminster as the British constitution is not a single document.

The same is true here in Ireland - soon our Colition Government may (or may not) change the Taoiseach (Prime Minister) of the Country in what is essentially a private arrangement between the two parties who have led the Country for the last century. It's astonishing that the citizens have no input into that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:43 - Jul 7 with 1744 viewsCamberleyR

Bye bye bye Johnson on 12:44 - Jul 7 by Juzzie

BJ on tv now waffling on as usual. Started off by saying why he has resisted so strongly the last few days because he wants to get the job done, deliver the mandate blah blah blah.

What he seems to fail to realise (or doesn't want to admit to) is that he's being ousted as a result of a succession of lies, mismanagement, lies, failures, and more lies.

Then he waffled on about what a success the 2019 election was, getting Brexit done, success with covid (seriously?), Ukraine, levelling up in the UK (again, seriously?) etc etc etc. Spent more time doing what sounded like an election campaign than why he's standing down.

No hint of apology or responsibility. Utterly shameless man.

His transformation into the British Trump is complete.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:44 - Jul 7 with 1735 viewsCamberleyR

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:58 - Jul 7 with 1681 viewsPhildo

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:19 - Jul 7 with 1550 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Bye bye bye Johnson on 13:40 - Jul 7 by robith

Erm......it didn't really sound like he was going anywhere.

It sounded like he was playing for time and he intends to squat in office.

I have the feeling we've got a constitutional crisis brewing

Agree. He resigned as leader of the Conservative party not as leader of the country. He then went on to say this would mean an election for a new leader in “that” party and a new Prime Minister. I’m not sure where this is heading personally.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:20 - Jul 7 with 1528 viewsstevec

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:13 - Jul 7 by lightwaterhoop

The elite were almost 100 per cent remainers so thats your stupid opinion discredited.

Exactly. Curious what Kensal Risers answer is to that one!
Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:22 - Jul 7 with 1513 viewsderbyhoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 10:41 - Jul 7 by ted_hendrix

What an appalling mess of a Man this lying bastard Is.

Ultimately, it was the lying that cost him.
He lied to his wives, the Queen, Parliament and the British public. Continually.

And when he didn't lie to the media he sent junior ministers out to tell the lies for him. Then 2 hours later changed the story, so they were hung out to dry, as well.

I just hope that whoever replaces him shows some level of honesty.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bye bye bye Johnson on 15:28 - Jul 7 with 1469 viewsEastR

Bye bye bye Johnson on 14:41 - Jul 7 by BrianMcCarthy

It would have to be written into the constitution that when a PM resigns there is an immediate General Election. This, I realise, is much harder in Westminster as the British constitution is not a single document.

The same is true here in Ireland - soon our Colition Government may (or may not) change the Taoiseach (Prime Minister) of the Country in what is essentially a private arrangement between the two parties who have led the Country for the last century. It's astonishing that the citizens have no input into that.

the problem with the British constitution is not only is it not in a single document, most of it is not even written down at all!

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024