Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? 10:08 - Feb 13 with 39349 viewsParlay

For me, we have simply been dining out on our first 3 games all season, which tricked a lot of people into thinking we are actually playing well.

Some startling facts....

We got MORE than 25% of our season points in those first 3 games alone.

In the rest of them we have barely been getting over a point a game - and that was with Bony in the side for the majority of the time.

We will be heavy underdogs in the next 3 of 4 games and I dont see a win coming in any of them.

If this slide isnt addressed soon, we may not have the luxury of hitting the ground running next term and then we are in a whole world of trouble if the performances remain at this level. We will barely hit 38 points.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:22 - Feb 13 with 1015 viewsjackolantern

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:11 - Feb 13 by libertine

if I was going to have a pseudo poster(for whatever insane mad reason that might be) I would make him/her a bit of a tw@ who I could prove wrong from time to time or would back me up now and then.

but step back from this why would anyone need a multiple identity, its concerning.

by the way I am not suggesting that anyone is doing it, but its kind of mad

where could it lead???

complete paranoia

Some people get heir kicks in winding people up, it's like w@nking yourself silly with three or four pretend hands.
Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:22 - Feb 13 with 1015 viewsskippyjack

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:17 - Feb 13 by sixpenses

How has he ridiculed Monk in that post - it is absolutely spot on those initial 2 weeks of the season in August have indeed masked our ongoing performance.

Since the start of Sept (that is 5 1/2 months) with a much stronger team and far less injuries and fixtures (and no one trying to take over from him) he has managed just one single more PL point than the man who according to some was absolute crap (you know the one who gave us one of our most successful seasons ever). That is over the same period, and the same number of games and without the ongoing European and FA cup success of his predecessor.

All the badge kissing in the world will not get you beyond that fact.

Learn to read.. I can read..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:22 - Feb 13 with 1012 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:21 - Feb 13 by jacksfullaces

seems like dyss left and its long live the king. just saw the post title and countless other critical appraisals along same lines - such droning on is energy sapping. where on earth do you find the time and inclination.....

if anyone cares to give a summary of the first 9 pages be most grateful.

Well there is barely a worthwhile retort after the OP.

The next 9 pages or whatever we are on has been about Parlay.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 18:23]

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:23 - Feb 13 with 1008 viewsperchrockjack

" I'm 10000 " miles away ...yep, you Ve posted it.

So ...are you in oz ,as you ve posted.. Or in Wales..and answer my question ...be a man.

Name ...

Or nothing

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:25 - Feb 13 with 1004 viewsskippyjack

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:21 - Feb 13 by Parlay

You aren't coming out of this too good skip.

I'm just stating the truth.. you enjoy 'put downs'.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:25 - Feb 13 with 1000 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:23 - Feb 13 by perchrockjack

" I'm 10000 " miles away ...yep, you Ve posted it.

So ...are you in oz ,as you ve posted.. Or in Wales..and answer my question ...be a man.

Name ...

Or nothing

Im in Wales Richard. Never denied it, you just read incorrectly again.

I said I was 10,000 miles away in response to someone asking if I was going to run for the trust. Thats where I live you see. Unless I can be trust chairman/director from the Gold Coast?

Can I?

Now you have found your typing fingers are you going to respond to the multitude of questions you have ignored over the last few weeks? Or are you going to be a hypocrite and not be a man?........ As you put it.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 18:27]

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:26 - Feb 13 with 994 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:25 - Feb 13 by skippyjack

I'm just stating the truth.. you enjoy 'put downs'.

Aye love it I do.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:27 - Feb 13 with 988 viewssixpenses

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:22 - Feb 13 by skippyjack

Learn to read.. I can read..

yep me too I imagine comprehension is more the issue

I repeat

How has he ridiculed Monk in that post - it is absolutely spot on those initial 2 weeks of the season in August have indeed masked our ongoing performance.

Since the start of Sept (that is 5 1/2 months) with a much stronger team and far less injuries and fixtures (and no one trying to take over from him) he has managed just one single more PL point than the man who according to some was absolute crap (you know the one who gave us one of our most successful seasons ever). That is over the same period, and the same number of games and without the ongoing European and FA cup success of his predecessor.

Login to get fewer ads

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:28 - Feb 13 with 983 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:27 - Feb 13 by sixpenses

I repeat

Spot on.

Skippy is a bit slow with this type of thing. He sees what he wants to see then when pointed out he's wrong... Sticks with it anyway.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:32 - Feb 13 with 970 viewsskippyjack

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:27 - Feb 13 by sixpenses

I repeat

Look I can't be bothered to 'write' My perfect retort.. we'll be going round in circles and circles.. the funny thing about me, you and Parlay.. I don't look anything up.. it's off the top of my head..

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:33 - Feb 13 with 968 viewsjacksfullaces

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:22 - Feb 13 by Parlay

Well there is barely a worthwhile retort after the OP.

The next 9 pages or whatever we are on has been about Parlay.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 18:23]

appreciate the overview, your civility is a credit to your persona.
Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:34 - Feb 13 with 963 viewsskippyjack

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:28 - Feb 13 by Parlay

Spot on.

Skippy is a bit slow with this type of thing. He sees what he wants to see then when pointed out he's wrong... Sticks with it anyway.

Just like you two.. I don't mask it with camaraderie though.. or look things up to be 'correct'.. try and learn something without looking every 5 seconds for 'facts'.

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:34 - Feb 13 with 962 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:32 - Feb 13 by skippyjack

Look I can't be bothered to 'write' My perfect retort.. we'll be going round in circles and circles.. the funny thing about me, you and Parlay.. I don't look anything up.. it's off the top of my head..

What would we be looking up exactly? And who does that anyway? .

This is about something I wrote, I'm pretty sure its not in some online journal. And even if it was then they would also say you were wrong.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:38 - Feb 13 with 952 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:34 - Feb 13 by skippyjack

Just like you two.. I don't mask it with camaraderie though.. or look things up to be 'correct'.. try and learn something without looking every 5 seconds for 'facts'.

You are awfully paranoid. You seem to feel inferior in debate and put it down to "people looking things up every 5 seconds".. Rather than them actually knowing more about the subject than you.

I don't think I've ever looked anything up to form my opinion, only to provide a link to back it up if someone wont take it from me due to my username.

You need some confidence.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:38 - Feb 13 with 952 viewsskippyjack

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:34 - Feb 13 by Parlay

What would we be looking up exactly? And who does that anyway? .

This is about something I wrote, I'm pretty sure its not in some online journal. And even if it was then they would also say you were wrong.

As I've said before Parlay.. you can't beat your own kind.. you can say they're 'accusations'.. but you wouldn't be man enough to admit I'm correct.

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:39 - Feb 13 with 950 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:38 - Feb 13 by skippyjack

As I've said before Parlay.. you can't beat your own kind.. you can say they're 'accusations'.. but you wouldn't be man enough to admit I'm correct.

There is nothing to be correct over Skippy. You haven't been able to explain them.

I could call you a racist and a woman beater. But unless I could back it up or explain it would be worthless.

Thats the realm you currently reside in.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:43 - Feb 13 with 939 viewsskippyjack

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:39 - Feb 13 by Parlay

There is nothing to be correct over Skippy. You haven't been able to explain them.

I could call you a racist and a woman beater. But unless I could back it up or explain it would be worthless.

Thats the realm you currently reside in.

Haha the 'realm'.. Jesus I haven't heard that one in a while.. by realm you mean 'level'..

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:44 - Feb 13 with 935 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:43 - Feb 13 by skippyjack

Haha the 'realm'.. Jesus I haven't heard that one in a while.. by realm you mean 'level'..

No Skip, realm, I don't think you can reside in a level.

Now get explaining.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:51 - Feb 13 with 916 viewssixpenses

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:32 - Feb 13 by skippyjack

Not sure what has been looked up

know the matches last year and this year been to most of them

Know the points - know how many games are remaining

I normally always double check stats as I do not like to publish false information
Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:53 - Feb 13 with 908 viewsNeathJack

In answer to the OP, of course if you take out 3 wins in a row then for any club in mid table it is going to make the rest of the points tally look ordinary.

The season has to be judged as a whole, not with sections missing.

As to the points tally, if we had been on the end of correct refereeing decisions throughout the season rather than the run of appalling ones we encountered then we would quite conceivably be sitting with 6-10 points more than we have now.
Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:56 - Feb 13 with 895 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:53 - Feb 13 by NeathJack

In answer to the OP, of course if you take out 3 wins in a row then for any club in mid table it is going to make the rest of the points tally look ordinary.

The season has to be judged as a whole, not with sections missing.

As to the points tally, if we had been on the end of correct refereeing decisions throughout the season rather than the run of appalling ones we encountered then we would quite conceivably be sitting with 6-10 points more than we have now.

Nobody has suggested taking them out.

But the points tally we have is quite significantly weighted towards a period of time that doesn't really suit us anymore. We play differently and have different personnel in key positions. So my question was, are people looking at the table and seeing a points tally rather than performances on the pitch.

But thanks for a reply that is on topic. One of a handful in nearly 10 pages.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 18:57]

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:59 - Feb 13 with 883 viewsGowerjack

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:39 - Feb 13 by Parlay

Im not saying everyone is obsessive, just a select handful. And its patently obvious.

I never speak bollocks Skippy. Ever.

Yes you do.

Constantly.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 19:01 - Feb 13 with 865 viewsskippyjack

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:44 - Feb 13 by Parlay

No Skip, realm, I don't think you can reside in a level.

Now get explaining.

In order to get into certain realms.. you've got to be on the same level.. so I'm not on your 'level'.

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 19:02 - Feb 13 with 857 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 18:59 - Feb 13 by Gowerjack

Yes you do.

Constantly.

Im all for opinions.

Can you back that up for us? Otherwise its a worthless generic insult.

Thanks GJ.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 19:03 - Feb 13 with 854 viewsGowerjack

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:56 - Feb 13 by Parlay

If thats what you feel you have to portray outwardly then thats what you have to do.

We both know the power I have as a poster and thats why many don't like it.

24 carat knob.

FACT.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024