Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? 10:08 - Feb 13 with 39346 viewsParlay

For me, we have simply been dining out on our first 3 games all season, which tricked a lot of people into thinking we are actually playing well.

Some startling facts....

We got MORE than 25% of our season points in those first 3 games alone.

In the rest of them we have barely been getting over a point a game - and that was with Bony in the side for the majority of the time.

We will be heavy underdogs in the next 3 of 4 games and I dont see a win coming in any of them.

If this slide isnt addressed soon, we may not have the luxury of hitting the ground running next term and then we are in a whole world of trouble if the performances remain at this level. We will barely hit 38 points.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:16 - Feb 13 with 1105 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:13 - Feb 13 by PatchesOHoulihan

There is no pressure at the start of the season, our team was able to play with a confidence that I didn't think they'd be able to after the Villereal game and we got off to an excellent start.

Its natural as the season progresses that teams are able to scrutinise how other teams play and act accordingly. Many more experienced managers than Monk have identified our strengths and weaknesses and set their team out to counteract ours and it has been harder for us to pick up as many points.

To be fair at the start of the season we had both wingers playing at a level which allowed Montero time to be bedded in gradually, had Bony and Sigurddson forming a real threat up front, and a defence with Amat at the fore looking the part even up until half time at Chelsea. Our settled team was playing well and with confidence.

Its natural that form and fitness ebb and flow as the season progresses - only recently Carroll was our only fit and trusted midfielder and now we can't find a place on the bench for Leon!!!

Once we started leaking a couple of goals it seemed Monk wanted to protect our goal by holding our shape - nothing we hadn't done before this season but usually done when we were up in a game (which resulted in us losing a lot of leads) and I'm sure this has an effect on our players confidence as instead of being on the front foot.

I'm hoping we will be a bit more positive between now and the end of the season and this is just Monk on a steep learning curve with regards to tactics and substitutions although he worries me because he talks as if he knows it all but that may also just be his personality.

We are missing Bony massively and in my view have possibly disrupted the midfield too much and with our back to the wall should really have Leon in the side if he is fit enough as he generally dictates our tempo.

Don't know about anyone else but this year is the first year in following the swans where I've felt distanced from the players accepting that the majority don't care about the club, pretend to care about the fans and all to do with so many of them being on massive money

Dare I say it but I think I enjoyed it more in the lower leagues

And amongst all the teen angst, Parlay obsessive wibble, we have a diamond.

Good post.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:20 - Feb 13 with 1103 viewssixpenses

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:13 - Feb 13 by PatchesOHoulihan

There is no pressure at the start of the season, our team was able to play with a confidence that I didn't think they'd be able to after the Villereal game and we got off to an excellent start.

Its natural as the season progresses that teams are able to scrutinise how other teams play and act accordingly. Many more experienced managers than Monk have identified our strengths and weaknesses and set their team out to counteract ours and it has been harder for us to pick up as many points.

To be fair at the start of the season we had both wingers playing at a level which allowed Montero time to be bedded in gradually, had Bony and Sigurddson forming a real threat up front, and a defence with Amat at the fore looking the part even up until half time at Chelsea. Our settled team was playing well and with confidence.

Its natural that form and fitness ebb and flow as the season progresses - only recently Carroll was our only fit and trusted midfielder and now we can't find a place on the bench for Leon!!!

Once we started leaking a couple of goals it seemed Monk wanted to protect our goal by holding our shape - nothing we hadn't done before this season but usually done when we were up in a game (which resulted in us losing a lot of leads) and I'm sure this has an effect on our players confidence as instead of being on the front foot.

I'm hoping we will be a bit more positive between now and the end of the season and this is just Monk on a steep learning curve with regards to tactics and substitutions although he worries me because he talks as if he knows it all but that may also just be his personality.

We are missing Bony massively and in my view have possibly disrupted the midfield too much and with our back to the wall should really have Leon in the side if he is fit enough as he generally dictates our tempo.

Don't know about anyone else but this year is the first year in following the swans where I've felt distanced from the players accepting that the majority don't care about the club, pretend to care about the fans and all to do with so many of them being on massive money

Dare I say it but I think I enjoyed it more in the lower leagues

TBH Bony would not have been available during this period for us anyway because of his normal international duty commitments.

I understand what you mean about being distanced from the players. I think part of it is the disjoint

Good point about Leon
Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:29 - Feb 13 with 1086 viewsperchrockjack

Cude akin to a teenager? Long time ago..

Anyway, epic stuff from the big three.

No names no pack drills.

The thought of caddy and me in unison will sustain me for sometime.

Anyone bought qantas yet?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:33 - Feb 13 with 1081 viewsjackb

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:12 - Feb 13 by Parlay

I know I'm right, I wouldn't have said it otherwise. apologise for what? You not liking me? Nah you are ok.

Wouldn't it be far better to put your dislike for me to better use and stick me on ignore rather than make yourself look bad by jumping in on all the threads im on spouting such nonsense. It would be far more productive.

Where do I say I am intellectually superior and where am I arguing with anybody? Take a step back now, re-read this thread and tell me who started any "argument". Did I start shouting for you to come and start abusing me? No. Did I call for Darran to start to abuse me? No. Did I ask for DGT73 to come and abuse me? No. Did I ask for anybody to come and abuse me? No. Was what I said in the OP inciting people to abuse me? No.

So how is that a game I play? Its very easy to abuse someone and when they respond, accuse them of starting an argument. The fact is people abuse me because they dislike the fact I am right an awful lot of the time and am confident in my approach.

Im afraid this had backfired in you as it has with many in the past, you arent the first and you certainly wont be the last.

You havent yet got into the realms of racially and homophobically bullying people off the site or indeed ripped off a local childrens hospice, so id say you are well served to knock it on the head now you realised you are wrong rather than later.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 13:14]

No, not hitting my triggers

good luck
Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:36 - Feb 13 with 1072 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:29 - Feb 13 by perchrockjack

Cude akin to a teenager? Long time ago..

Anyway, epic stuff from the big three.

No names no pack drills.

The thought of caddy and me in unison will sustain me for sometime.

Anyone bought qantas yet?

Not usually Richard, in that post he was though. It was a full on balls to the wind rant and seemingly whether it made sense or not was irrelevant. Applause was all that was craved.

I have no problem in admitting I wanted Monk here. He steadied the ship and was hopeful he was the right man for a very long time. Ive also stated that it took the last few months for me to realise that maybe steadying the ship was all that he should have been appointed for rather than putting all our hopes in him to take us on further.

As simple as that, nothing argumentative, nothing shocking, nothing candid - just simple sense. The reaction has simply been the reaction to a Parlay thread, not the content.

But we are used to that right?

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:36 - Feb 13 with 1071 viewsskippyjack

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 10:50 - Feb 13 by Parlay

Of course people agree with me. Its the way it is.

The only people that this will stick in the throat of is the Parlay obsessives. You watch, they will all come out of the woodwork.

Edit* dgt johnny come lately arrives right on cue
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 10:51]

I agree with you on this one.. we've been just above relegation form if you exclude those 3 wins.. now don't start saying everyone is an obsessive.. I just like to point out the undeniable bollocks you spout now and again..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:37 - Feb 13 with 1066 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:33 - Feb 13 by jackb

No, not hitting my triggers

good luck

There is a reason you dodge decent debate and decent points, same as the other Parlay obsessives - there is no fair and logical comeback.

But lets hope you stick to what you have said and act a but more grown up from here on in, regardless of the reasons you dressed it up as.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:38 - Feb 13 with 1064 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:20 - Feb 13 by sixpenses

TBH Bony would not have been available during this period for us anyway because of his normal international duty commitments.

I understand what you mean about being distanced from the players. I think part of it is the disjoint

Good point about Leon

Although I think Gomis has tried hard enough in most of the games knowing he wasn't 1st choice and Bony was coming back in a few weeks may have caused him to up his game a bit.....................or he could have been sold!!

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Login to get fewer ads

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:39 - Feb 13 with 1060 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:36 - Feb 13 by skippyjack

I agree with you on this one.. we've been just above relegation form if you exclude those 3 wins.. now don't start saying everyone is an obsessive.. I just like to point out the undeniable bollocks you spout now and again..

Im not saying everyone is obsessive, just a select handful. And its patently obvious.

I never speak bollocks Skippy. Ever.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:39 - Feb 13 with 1060 viewsperchrockjack

So a hospice is now a player in this spat.

Truly gents, out of bounds..

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:39 - Feb 13 with 1057 viewsmonmouth

I certainly think the first 3 games meant that we were then taken very seriously and other teams spent time in trying to analyse how best to nullify us. A number of key players also seem to have left their form in August, or simply left, which hasn't helped at all. On top of that the manager has made some strange calls and the players seem to be overthinking things and look like rabbits when it doesn't work.

On the plus side, it is possible that we will win three games in a row again and that changes everything. I remain unsettled but optimistic. On form that's a good team in there, whoever is managing it, and they all need to start showing it. On Wednesday night I admit my immediate thought was next season not next week. I was glad to see Monk at least naming the problem afterwards.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:40 - Feb 13 with 1056 viewswaynekerr55

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:36 - Feb 13 by skippyjack

But the point is we have to deal in facts. We can't take those victories away to suit our argument, much like we can't deny the achievements of a certain superstar when he was arsed

If things are going the same way as they did under ML then of course the board will need to intervene

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:42 - Feb 13 with 1054 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:39 - Feb 13 by perchrockjack

So a hospice is now a player in this spat.

Truly gents, out of bounds..

What is out of bounds?

Me trying to get someone to honour a promise made to a children's hospice of which I am a fundraiser for?

Seems we disagree again.

As soon as I am attacked personally and off topic then I am afraid they open themselves up for the return. However instead of petty rubbish like "you have other usernames" or "you don't really live in Australia" - these people ACTUALLY have done despicable things and will ask them to put it right.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 13:42]

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:44 - Feb 13 with 1047 viewsperchrockjack

People who address me by name normally reveal their own name.

Only fair, innit.

So ....siimply.

What s yours

Also is it correct you are both skewen jack and parlay, and where are you now.

I ll be in he's he's wall for 3pm having my hair done

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:48 - Feb 13 with 1042 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:44 - Feb 13 by perchrockjack

People who address me by name normally reveal their own name.

Only fair, innit.

So ....siimply.

What s yours

Also is it correct you are both skewen jack and parlay, and where are you now.

I ll be in he's he's wall for 3pm having my hair done

And people who insult me normally explain when asked. But you don't tend do do that either.

You have the answer to that stupid question in the thread Richard. I find it amazing you decide to take that absolutely ridiculous line of questioning (now you have decided to take it off topic) rather than discuss an ACTUAL issue where a bloke has conned a children's hospital out of money.

Dont you think that makes you look a little Parlay obsessed?

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:48 - Feb 13 with 1042 viewsPhil_S

"Important and influential"
Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:50 - Feb 13 with 1034 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:48 - Feb 13 by Phil_S

"Important and influential"

Absolutely. One of the most important and influential fans we have and I don't need a title or "position" to convince anybody.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:52 - Feb 13 with 1028 viewsmonmouth

Oh, I just answered the op. Didn't realise we had ourselves another sh1tfest. Super.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:54 - Feb 13 with 1018 viewsGriffting

We've just recently lost wilf, bafe just come into the team just as gylfi started his 3 match ban
Montero and routs been out for a month
Leon had persistent injuries
Oliviera, Cork and naughton just come into the team
Ki is just back from a month in aisa.

Be nice to have a full selection once this season.
Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:54 - Feb 13 with 1015 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:52 - Feb 13 by monmouth

Oh, I just answered the op. Didn't realise we had ourselves another sh1tfest. Super.

Yeah I did the same

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:55 - Feb 13 with 997 viewsPhil_S

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:50 - Feb 13 by Parlay

Absolutely. One of the most important and influential fans we have and I don't need a title or "position" to convince anybody.

Brilliant.

Clearly completely cuckoo but brilliant
Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:56 - Feb 13 with 991 viewsParlay

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:55 - Feb 13 by Phil_S

Brilliant.

Clearly completely cuckoo but brilliant

If thats what you feel you have to portray outwardly then thats what you have to do.

We both know the power I have as a poster and thats why many don't like it.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:57 - Feb 13 with 983 viewsParlay

And it was noted, ignore the obsessives and continue to post.

Its the only way these bore fests dissipate.

Forum celebrity

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:57 - Feb 13 with 983 viewsskippyjack

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 11:19 - Feb 13 by Parlay

Business trips are a transition from one country to another in order to conclude business. A business trip can be a year if needs be. Your obsession with that is very strange indeed" smiley face smiley face.

This is what Parlay does.. he's actively created specific notepad 'topics'..

Business... he's actually picked out the 'key' details of the 'outskirts' of business conduction.
Religion.. the same
Politics.. the same
Football..the same
Constructive English language..the same
Upper Class demeanour.. effectively 'tones' his writing style
And many more..

But he always 'leaves' a 'get out' clause in his illustrious paragraphs
He's almost 'robotic' in explaining topics
But his biggest undoing is the 'grey area'.. when you can actively see his facts are skewed.. because he hasn't 'looked up' this area in his 'topic' section..

This is why he hasn't got that 'extra' nous.. he's a con man.. and a fraud.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Has our start hoodwinked a lot of people? on 13:59 - Feb 13 with 976 viewsC_jack

I'd like to point out that our resident forum gnat has made close to 50 posts on this thread alone. Not to mention the questionable alternative aliases.

Seriously worrying. He's like the guy who's first in the pub, sits at the bar all day looking for someone to socialise with, before inevitably getting booted out at closing time, until his return the next day.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024