Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to.......... 23:17 - Jan 13 with 21920 viewskropotkin41

The back pages of the Mirror and the Mail Redknapp is likely to get the axe if we lose to Man Utd. Their stories are based on "club insiders" and pressure being put on TF by fellow directors.

So I'm reading between the lines and reckon that it comes down to my tweets!!

Or, more likely, it could all be bo**ox.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

According to.......... on 18:16 - Jan 14 with 2813 viewsMytch_QPR

According to.......... on 18:04 - Jan 14 by whittocksRs

(c) would be the best option if it didn't come with a multi-million pound FFP fine from the Football League. If we go down we'll be hit with the fine and an immediate transfer ban, meaning any perceived growth and long-needed improvements to infrastructure will simply not be possible. That's why survival is so important. We could be looking at Portsmouth-level disaster in the Championship.

This is the problem. We're so highly geared financially (and in debt) that the whole business model relies on staying up. Any sensible board would have a plan for relegation and accept that a club of our size does not 'belong' in the premier league.

It raises another point: how much do the players know and how much pressure are they feeling before going into matches? - surely, players should be able to express themselves and enjoy their career. I do wonder whether the pressure is getting to some of them - hence Dunne's outburst after the Burnley defeat.

Sadly, I think the great Fernandes adventure is starting to unravel. I'm not worried about the new stadium but TF and the board need to ensure that the club survives if we go down.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

According to.......... on 18:25 - Jan 14 with 2769 viewsadhoc_qpr

According to.......... on 18:16 - Jan 14 by Mytch_QPR

This is the problem. We're so highly geared financially (and in debt) that the whole business model relies on staying up. Any sensible board would have a plan for relegation and accept that a club of our size does not 'belong' in the premier league.

It raises another point: how much do the players know and how much pressure are they feeling before going into matches? - surely, players should be able to express themselves and enjoy their career. I do wonder whether the pressure is getting to some of them - hence Dunne's outburst after the Burnley defeat.

Sadly, I think the great Fernandes adventure is starting to unravel. I'm not worried about the new stadium but TF and the board need to ensure that the club survives if we go down.

'One step forward, ten steps backwards - the great Fernandes adventure'
According to.......... on 18:40 - Jan 14 with 2705 viewsOldPedro

According to.......... on 18:04 - Jan 14 by whittocksRs

(c) would be the best option if it didn't come with a multi-million pound FFP fine from the Football League. If we go down we'll be hit with the fine and an immediate transfer ban, meaning any perceived growth and long-needed improvements to infrastructure will simply not be possible. That's why survival is so important. We could be looking at Portsmouth-level disaster in the Championship.

Would be ironic if the thing that caused us to implode Portsmouth style, was a fine imposed in the name of financial fair play........

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

According to.......... on 18:45 - Jan 14 with 2681 viewskropotkin41

According to.......... on 18:40 - Jan 14 by OldPedro

Would be ironic if the thing that caused us to implode Portsmouth style, was a fine imposed in the name of financial fair play........

Well gentlemen, look on the bright side. Portsmouth are now debt-free and have fans' reps' on the board. They have a very sensible attitude to money and the ambitions of the club. Should the worse happen, it might actually turn out to be not so bad after all.

I know, I know, it could go in any number of ways, but actually I think Portsmouth is not that bad a story after all. Imagine, for example, if we could stay at LR, stick some safe-standing in, have no debts and go again.

Oh, in case you think I'm totally bonkers, I would rather stay in the Premiership AND see some sensible future plans come to fruition.

According to.......... on 18:52 - Jan 14 with 2653 viewsessextaxiboy

According to.......... on 18:45 - Jan 14 by kropotkin41

Well gentlemen, look on the bright side. Portsmouth are now debt-free and have fans' reps' on the board. They have a very sensible attitude to money and the ambitions of the club. Should the worse happen, it might actually turn out to be not so bad after all.

I know, I know, it could go in any number of ways, but actually I think Portsmouth is not that bad a story after all. Imagine, for example, if we could stay at LR, stick some safe-standing in, have no debts and go again.

Oh, in case you think I'm totally bonkers, I would rather stay in the Premiership AND see some sensible future plans come to fruition.

I would rather stay in the Prem but if we had to i would enjoy being a big fish in a small pond for a few years .

The hard core that I know would still go , cramming out small remote grounds , being the scalp that everyone wants and hopefully working our way back .

Glass half full ... whatever the outcome
According to.......... on 21:00 - Jan 14 with 2547 viewskysersosaqpr

According to.......... on 18:01 - Jan 14 by joolsyp

I suppose whatever we do its a gamble. Our options seem to be:

(a) Stick with Redknapp until the end of the season and then replace him whether we stay up or not (and I'd suggest the evidence points to us being relegated with all the uncertainty that will bring).

(b) Go for a short term solution (in reality Sherwood or Hoddle or McLaren although why would he come?) with a remit to keep us up and then look again in the summer. Could work, might get a bounce, but equally could still get relegated.

(c) Bring in a young, progressive, talented Championship or League 1 manager and give them experience of managing in the Prem (and before anyone says it what experience did Monk have?) with the expectation that we'll go down but that the chosen one will stay with us for the next 3-5 years and get us up again. Who knows he might bring a couple of excellent lower league players with him.

(c) is unlikely but my preferred option.

C) for me too - get Paul Clement in. Dave's son; Real Madrid coach whose also coached at PSG & skumski. Three and half year contract whether we go down or not; remit to sort out the infrastructure first (top to bottom) based on his experience at top level; then get rid of driftwood hanging about the club and rebuild for long term dynasty.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

According to.......... on 21:48 - Jan 14 with 2497 viewsBasingstokeR

I like the idea of Paul Clement myself, but he wouldn't want to I don't believe as he just said this (below) this week when linked to the Newcastle job...

" I’m enjoying my experience in Madrid and I think it’s best for me to stay here in the near future, to gain more experience working with these great players at this great club."
According to.......... on 10:13 - Jan 15 with 2273 viewsQPunkR

I really don't get the Paul Clement backing. Yes there's obviously the family connection etc, plus he's obviously a very talented coach/assistant. But he's never been a manager. Also, why the blue-veined fúck would he want to leave Madrid to take over at a seemingly relegation-haunted QPR??! Shirley his first job as a manager (if he even wants to take that step) would be at an established, stable club.
And that ain't us

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

According to.......... on 10:17 - Jan 15 with 2262 viewsBrianMcCarthy

According to.......... on 10:13 - Jan 15 by QPunkR

I really don't get the Paul Clement backing. Yes there's obviously the family connection etc, plus he's obviously a very talented coach/assistant. But he's never been a manager. Also, why the blue-veined fúck would he want to leave Madrid to take over at a seemingly relegation-haunted QPR??! Shirley his first job as a manager (if he even wants to take that step) would be at an established, stable club.
And that ain't us

Yep.

Double Yep in fact.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

According to.......... on 13:13 - Jan 15 with 2186 viewswhittocksRs

And that ain't us

There is more chance of someone from this forum being named next QPR manager than the assistant manager of Real Madrid, who goes into work everyday and discusses tactics with Carlo Ancelotti and Zinedine Zidane, coming here.
According to.......... on 14:04 - Jan 15 with 2062 viewsMytch_QPR

According to.......... on 13:13 - Jan 15 by whittocksRs

There is more chance of someone from this forum being named next QPR manager than the assistant manager of Real Madrid, who goes into work everyday and discusses tactics with Carlo Ancelotti and Zinedine Zidane, coming here.

Probably. In which case we should mobilise a campaign to install Clive before the Man Utd game, with Blob as fitness coach and Discodroid replacing Steve Black as the motivational guru. Clive reads the game well, all Blob needs is a bit of Lycra and some old cones off the A5, while Disco gets his hands on some Zen crystals (and maybe a bit of pit pourri for the dressing room).

Anyone else want to volunteer? - I know Konk has some wonderful commercial ideas so we could put him in charge of a relaunch of the 'Superstore'.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

According to.......... on 14:07 - Jan 15 with 2044 viewsNorthernr

According to.......... on 14:04 - Jan 15 by Mytch_QPR

Probably. In which case we should mobilise a campaign to install Clive before the Man Utd game, with Blob as fitness coach and Discodroid replacing Steve Black as the motivational guru. Clive reads the game well, all Blob needs is a bit of Lycra and some old cones off the A5, while Disco gets his hands on some Zen crystals (and maybe a bit of pit pourri for the dressing room).

Anyone else want to volunteer? - I know Konk has some wonderful commercial ideas so we could put him in charge of a relaunch of the 'Superstore'.

I hereby declare that it's not systems and tactics that win football matches, it's football players, and I'm making the hijack of the little boy Jermaine's move to Sunderland and an outlandish £6m move for the boy Crouchy my top priorities.
According to.......... on 14:08 - Jan 15 with 2042 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not to put Les out of a job or anything, but I fancy myself as am Elder-Statesman Behind-The-Scenes guru. So, Head of Football Operations?

Or, failing that, I make a mean cuppa scald. So, tea lady?

According to.......... on 14:11 - Jan 15 with 2021 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

According to.......... on 14:07 - Jan 15 by Northernr

I hereby declare that it's not systems and tactics that win football matches, it's football players, and I'm making the hijack of the little boy Jermaine's move to Sunderland and an outlandish £6m move for the boy Crouchy my top priorities.

Clive out!
According to.......... on 14:15 - Jan 15 with 2003 viewsMytch_QPR

According to.......... on 14:08 - Jan 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Not to put Les out of a job or anything, but I fancy myself as am Elder-Statesman Behind-The-Scenes guru. So, Head of Football Operations?

Or, failing that, I make a mean cuppa scald. So, tea lady?

We're cost cutting, Brian, so maybe we could ask you to take up a dual role. You can quickly transform yourself from a sharp suited man with a briefcase full of over-generous contracts to Loftus Road's own Mrs Doyle.

According to.......... on 14:25 - Jan 15 with 1964 viewsNorthernr

I'm going to make Neil SI first team coach then take credit for all his work.

Simmo and Bluce Ree will be in charge of human resources.
According to.......... on 14:34 - Jan 15 with 1940 viewsMytch_QPR

According to.......... on 14:25 - Jan 15 by Northernr

I'm going to make Neil SI first team coach then take credit for all his work.

Simmo and Bluce Ree will be in charge of human resources.

Before you start going after Jermaine and Rodders, you'd better have a word with the finance director.
As spurs headhunted Ms Caplehorn, I assume you'll be looking at Mr Beard and his petty cash tin.

Judging by his recent post, Neil was fairly busy with Rachel Riley - but I suppose he could, theoretically, job share with Glenn H when he's not working on one of his 2 days a week shifts. Ideally, he should contradict everything Glenn tells them and see if that improves the general shape of the team. It might force them to talk to each other a bit more during the game rather than doing those strange pointing and shrugging postures when we concede a goal.

According to.......... on 14:36 - Jan 15 with 1930 viewsDiscodroids

I would like to offer myself in the role of QPR, LGBT Co ordinator In the community Director , a department that in my view is criminally neglected.

I also think there should be more butch lesbians on the BBC reporting on the horse racing, rugby league and Tennis .

When oh when will the BBC introduce more homogeneous connoisseurs of man on man love play across all their TV channels before the 9pm watershed.

simply having them on merely 85% of their programming isnt nearly enough.

Chief Sargent Discodroid ,
howling commando's Division
North chingford

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

According to.......... on 14:42 - Jan 15 with 1910 viewsBrianMcCarthy

According to.......... on 14:15 - Jan 15 by Mytch_QPR

We're cost cutting, Brian, so maybe we could ask you to take up a dual role. You can quickly transform yourself from a sharp suited man with a briefcase full of over-generous contracts to Loftus Road's own Mrs Doyle.

"Ah sure you'll sign the contract. Ah go on, go on, etc...!

According to.......... on 15:22 - Jan 15 with 1852 viewskensalriser

I vote Neil Si for tactics.

Once fully implemented, his devilishly cunning 3D spirograph system of intricately patterned passing will bamboozle opposition teams to such a degree they'll be crying for their mummies by half -time.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

According to.......... on 15:30 - Jan 15 with 1841 viewskropotkin41

F*ck yes!! I want to do the catering for players and fans!

According to.......... on 15:38 - Jan 15 with 1806 viewsHunterhoop

I feel I'm ready to make the step up from ASB into some professional capacity.

How about U21s coach? Or I could be the new Joe Jordan?!
According to.......... on 15:44 - Jan 15 with 1799 viewswhittocksRs

According to.......... on 15:38 - Jan 15 by Hunterhoop

I feel I'm ready to make the step up from ASB into some professional capacity.

How about U21s coach? Or I could be the new Joe Jordan?!

Considering this was my idea — sort of — I demand to be placed in the Phil Beard position as CEO. I have been to the Millennium Dome just like he has and I was in London when the Olympic Games happened, so we also have that in common. I also pledge to hold a semi-regular fans' forum in which I will steadfastly refuse to answer anything directly but instead point you in Ian Taylor's direction.
According to.......... on 15:51 - Jan 15 with 1764 viewsWokingR

I'll take on arranging the end of season dinner and player of the year award.

We'll have strippers and ....
Well, just strippers actually.
According to.......... on 16:26 - Jan 15 with 1716 viewsbaz_qpr

And that ain't us

He wants to be a manager, we want a young coach with an affinity to the club. He is the coach that most people want to turn into a manager, he says Newcastle not the right job for him. Clement with an older head appeals.

Whatever happens we need an injection of youth, drive and ambition into our coaching set up. All the coaches 50+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024