Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to.......... 23:17 - Jan 13 with 21918 viewskropotkin41

The back pages of the Mirror and the Mail Redknapp is likely to get the axe if we lose to Man Utd. Their stories are based on "club insiders" and pressure being put on TF by fellow directors.

So I'm reading between the lines and reckon that it comes down to my tweets!!

Or, more likely, it could all be bo**ox.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

According to.......... on 08:42 - Jan 14 with 2337 viewsRangersDave

"iceberg? Great player, will do a good job ere, triffic, loves his mum"

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

According to.......... on 09:01 - Jan 14 with 2289 viewsDorse

"Iceberg? Yeah, tried to sign him when I was at Tottenham".

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

According to.......... on 09:04 - Jan 14 with 2283 viewsMonahoop

According to.......... on 07:46 - Jan 14 by derbyhoop

If Redknapp goes it will be like changing the captain of the Titanic as we head for the iceberg. The problems at QPR are too deep rooted for a change of manager to make that much difference.
Harry may/may not keep us up but, ultimately, we need to address more than the league position of the first team.

Good post Derby. I can understand in some ways folks wanting a change of manager, but there seems little point at this stage. As you rightly say, the clubs problems run deeper than just at the manager and coaching level. A change now will make little difference, as whoever takes over will be lumbered with all the wrong doings going on behind the scenes and so the silly circus starts all over again. I feel it will be a long long time before this club gets any anywhere near some sense being run properly or the way most of us would like it to.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

According to.......... on 09:12 - Jan 14 with 2263 viewsheadhoops

According to.......... on 09:04 - Jan 14 by Monahoop

Good post Derby. I can understand in some ways folks wanting a change of manager, but there seems little point at this stage. As you rightly say, the clubs problems run deeper than just at the manager and coaching level. A change now will make little difference, as whoever takes over will be lumbered with all the wrong doings going on behind the scenes and so the silly circus starts all over again. I feel it will be a long long time before this club gets any anywhere near some sense being run properly or the way most of us would like it to.

all 3 (Derby, Monahoop and Connell) of you are right the club does need serious reform. However, if a change of manager keeps us in the premier that change would be a lot less painful than dealing with relegation, FFP etc.

I dont believe Redknapp and Co have the stomach for this fight and IMO we need to get in someone who does and sooner rather than later. Ideal scenario we stuff the mancs and HR still goes.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

According to.......... on 09:13 - Jan 14 with 2258 viewsJonDoeman

According to.......... on 08:24 - Jan 14 by BasingstokeR

Using your analogy; the amount of genuine interest HR displays, if he stayed in charge the Titanic crashes into the iceberg and he jumps in the first lifeboat and sails away! "What can you do, its 'ard".

Quite funny that!

It Is What It Is !!

According to.......... on 09:14 - Jan 14 with 2253 viewsJamie

According to.......... on 07:46 - Jan 14 by derbyhoop

If Redknapp goes it will be like changing the captain of the Titanic as we head for the iceberg. The problems at QPR are too deep rooted for a change of manager to make that much difference.
Harry may/may not keep us up but, ultimately, we need to address more than the league position of the first team.

Whilst you are completely right that lots needs to be improved behind the scenes, the flip side is that under Arry, we will be relegated this season. The players quite simply have no belief in getting anything away from home.

Whilst it's my preference that Arry stay and end his career in disgrace, it's understandable why Tactics Tim 'Passhun' Sherwood is being looked at. Arrys 'tactics' at home can be easily replicated, and we physically cannot be worse away from home. Added to that Sherwood would likely use a few of the youngsters and kick some backsides down at the training ground.

Ultimately changing Arry for Sherwood is like swapping herpes for acne. Neither are very appealing but at least with acne there's a glimmer of hope for improvement.
According to.......... on 09:28 - Jan 14 with 2211 viewsessextaxiboy

Darren Lewis at the Mirror and Mike Parry must be true....

Cmon then whose got the guts to post that they hope we lose Saturday to get rid of the manager if thats all it will take ....
According to.......... on 09:29 - Jan 14 with 2209 viewsadhoc_qpr

According to.......... on 09:04 - Jan 14 by Monahoop

But we can't change the infrastructure, the training ground, the scouting etc in the short term.

We can change the management and coaching now.

Ultimately, we seem to have enough talent in the squad to make a better fist of survival that we are currently doing, worst away record in living memory etc etc.

A new manager with new ideas, impetus and some actual coaching of our players could make a difference.

Even Tim Sherwood, who i don't rate, is a fresh voice and i don't think would do any worse over the rest of this season (as a long term option, no thanks!).
Login to get fewer ads

According to.......... on 09:29 - Jan 14 with 2209 viewspaulparker

Would be delighted if HR went and took his entourage with him

Problem we have is that we all know TF wont go out and try and get a
Eddie Howe, Karl Robinson, Garry Rowett, Uwe Rosler , Slaven Billic and any other up & coming manger come to that
until we start laying the foundations for the future , youth, training facilities, scouting
all we are doing is replacing sh*t with more sh*t
Part of me thinks the best thing would be to go down , clear the decks from players , managers, "coaches", board member's the whole lot
Southampton did it when they were in the League 1 , and look at them now
all we have ever done since wright left us is in the lurch is paper over the cracks, all we have done is cling on , even with billionaire owners we cant do it right ,
we are rotten to the core , a laughing stock , and its sad as we "the fans " deserve better

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

According to.......... on 09:37 - Jan 14 with 2189 viewsadhoc_qpr

According to.......... on 09:29 - Jan 14 by paulparker

Would be delighted if HR went and took his entourage with him

Problem we have is that we all know TF wont go out and try and get a
Eddie Howe, Karl Robinson, Garry Rowett, Uwe Rosler , Slaven Billic and any other up & coming manger come to that
until we start laying the foundations for the future , youth, training facilities, scouting
all we are doing is replacing sh*t with more sh*t
Part of me thinks the best thing would be to go down , clear the decks from players , managers, "coaches", board member's the whole lot
Southampton did it when they were in the League 1 , and look at them now
all we have ever done since wright left us is in the lurch is paper over the cracks, all we have done is cling on , even with billionaire owners we cant do it right ,
we are rotten to the core , a laughing stock , and its sad as we "the fans " deserve better

The trouble is going down/clearing the decks theory is that it now comes with an unprecedented £50m fine for FFP!

It's sod's law that we are likely to be the only club ever fined to this extent, but that's just typical QPR....
According to.......... on 09:38 - Jan 14 with 2189 viewsHulaHoop

GET McClaren back at all costs!!!
According to.......... on 09:43 - Jan 14 with 2167 viewspaulparker

According to.......... on 09:37 - Jan 14 by adhoc_qpr

The trouble is going down/clearing the decks theory is that it now comes with an unprecedented £50m fine for FFP!

It's sod's law that we are likely to be the only club ever fined to this extent, but that's just typical QPR....

if we go down with Arry we are still going to cop a fine of some sorts ,
but your right it is sods law,
im just fed up with TF, HR and the lot of them TBH,
I don't care about PL, and all of that , I just wanna see Rangers in Hoops, playing good football, having players we care about, unearthing gems from the lower leagues and actually build something for the future ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

According to.......... on 09:44 - Jan 14 with 2165 viewsadhoc_qpr

According to.......... on 09:38 - Jan 14 by HulaHoop

GET McClaren back at all costs!!!

As someone said on here the other day, if we got McClaren as manager, we'd probably get the McClaren from Wolfsburg and Forest, not the successful one from Derby and Boro...
According to.......... on 09:45 - Jan 14 with 2158 viewsTheBlob

Well it hasn't deterred Palarse,Halalbion from seeking new guidance and you just know they'll go sailing past us if we don't do something similar.
At the moment?More like the Bismark,hit in the rudder and going around in circles before being systematically destroyed.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 9:45]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

According to.......... on 09:49 - Jan 14 with 2137 viewskropotkin41

According to.......... on 09:28 - Jan 14 by essextaxiboy

Cmon then whose got the guts to post that they hope we lose Saturday to get rid of the manager if thats all it will take ....

No, I hate Harry and hope that we win.

Also, I did say in the OP that it could well be bo**ox. I hope Harry reads the papers though.......... might give him a rocket. If I was TF he'd have been out the door weeks ago.

According to.......... on 09:51 - Jan 14 with 2033 viewskropotkin41

According to.......... on 09:45 - Jan 14 by TheBlob

Well it hasn't deterred Palarse,Halalbion from seeking new guidance and you just know they'll go sailing past us if we don't do something similar.
At the moment?More like the Bismark,hit in the rudder and going around in circles before being systematically destroyed.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 9:45]

3000 shells the Bismarck took didn't it? Let's hope it won't take that many goals against us to sink Harry!

According to.......... on 09:51 - Jan 14 with 2032 viewsQPunkR

Wewll, itsa bonus game, innit

QPR - "shit but local"

According to.......... on 09:55 - Jan 14 with 2012 viewssimmo

I am pleased the AP are starting to pick up on this and highlight his deficiencies. Even if it did take HR to break a record before they had to start talking about it...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

According to.......... on 09:59 - Jan 14 with 1998 viewsRanger78

I'm one of Harry's biggest doubters. Never liked or wanted him and will rejoice the day when he leaves our club!

I think he's a terrible manager, I despise his lethargic, negative attitude and persona. I despise his constant excuses and blame game.

I also think his record since taking over is shocking and any other manger in the world would have been given the chop.

But..... I never want QPR to loose any game ever!! If beating Utd means him hanging on, then so be it...

My personal opinion is he should go anyway. I understand all the points about bad running of the club from top to bottom and I agree bigger changes need to happen but if he stays, I think we're relegated. If he goes, I think we have a chance of staying up
[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 10:03]
According to.......... on 10:00 - Jan 14 with 1997 viewsjohncharles

According to.......... on 09:37 - Jan 14 by adhoc_qpr

I'd happy to play in the championship but that's not necessarily where we'll end up. If Tony's problems at Air Asia are as bad as some suggest then it will be down to the Board to decide whether to pay the £50 million. They might very well decide not to.

Strong and stable my arse.

According to.......... on 10:03 - Jan 14 with 1982 viewsstuabd

Whatever is wrong behind the scenes it is still possible to eek a few extra points out of this season by getting a decent manager. Even with Harry, we won't be far short at the end of the season. Bring someone in and we may just stay up.
According to.......... on 10:05 - Jan 14 with 1973 viewsStanisgod

According to.......... on 03:12 - Jan 14 by ozexile

Thought they'd let home have till stoke.

Yeah, what e sed.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

According to.......... on 10:06 - Jan 14 with 1967 viewsngbqpr

ok, no quotes, mystery 'insiders' etc...but whatever you think of our board, and however understandably distracted TF is just now...they WILL be embarrassed by 'achieving' that unwanted away record, and they are surely realising (albeit belatedly) that HR's post match excuses are both lame and, at best, economical with the truth

So I think there may well be something in it...and 'after United' gives us a couple of weeks of window for a loan or two more...what does seem clear is they've clashed with HR over budget, and I think the board would be right if they think there's enough in the current squad for us to making a better fist of it than we are just now

Of course the biggest worry is the type of replacement they'll most likely be targetting (and who's available / up for this poisoned chalice of a job)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

According to.......... on 10:10 - Jan 14 with 1951 viewsNorthernr

Someone is obviously chatting. Wouldn't surprise me if it was an agent of a player. Few stories going round at Burnley about text messages allegedly sent from players to the effect of "don't know why you've come up here, he ain't got a clue, total mess" - usual sort of rumours when a team is doing badly.

"Beat Man Utd or you're fired" seems a rather tall order. I suspect, much like Liverpool earlier in the seaosn, they'll be looking for a performance and some semblence of plan, rather than a roll over and die and talk about how 'ard it is playing Man Utd. We got it against Liverpool, interesting game ahead.
According to.......... on 10:20 - Jan 14 with 1923 viewsessextaxiboy

According to.......... on 09:49 - Jan 14 by kropotkin41

No, I hate Harry and hope that we win.

Also, I did say in the OP that it could well be bo**ox. I hope Harry reads the papers though.......... might give him a rocket. If I was TF he'd have been out the door weeks ago.

But a win is no good for your point of view

As posted in another thread if that happens and results go our way we could be up to 12th .

I havnt checked but that could be our highest position since Warnock took us up .

How is he going to get sacked when we are nearly in the top half having just beaten them ?

Anyway the new manager will take us straight up to Stoke ,play Adel ."go for it" and win 3-0 with hardly any ground lost

Cmon Rangers 0- Utd 2 .

How hard can it be for anyone to post that they hope thats the score . No pain no gain after all .

No one will remember any way......... ask Boston R
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024