Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to.......... 23:17 - Jan 13 with 21916 viewskropotkin41

The back pages of the Mirror and the Mail Redknapp is likely to get the axe if we lose to Man Utd. Their stories are based on "club insiders" and pressure being put on TF by fellow directors.

So I'm reading between the lines and reckon that it comes down to my tweets!!

Or, more likely, it could all be bo**ox.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

According to.......... on 16:03 - Jan 14 with 2116 viewsstrikerace

According to.......... on 15:40 - Jan 14 by Mytch_QPR

Who'd be TF?
We can't afford relegation yet we can't guarantee we'll avoid it - new manager or not.
Your point about Southampton is a good one - were it not for FFP I think most fans would agree that a rebuild period - with a proper look at the whole set up - would be a good thing.

Brian M made the point that we should be able to stay up with the squad that we have - but I'm concerned as Charlie seems to be shouldering all the responsibility for goals and our defence are so prone to schoolboy errors - often in the 90th minute having concentrated on the job up that point. Can they be trained out of that? - hopefully, but we may have to accept that in the final reckoning we just weren't good enough. On the whole, this squad does seem to want to play for Harry - there seems to be a genuine desire to win games, otherwise we would not have seen performances like the comeback against West Brom.

We keep hearing that Harry is a great motivator - if this is the case then either the problems are on the training ground, or the players simply aren't good enough.
Having said all of this, with Yun (on form) and Sandro back we could start looking like a more solid team - fine margins and all that...

I don't want to see HR gone now, so I am in that poll's 59%. It makes no sense, who would you bring in? This is a kneejerk, "throw out the baby with the bathwater" move. Some people get an agenda and just push it, even after he wins a match. I also agree that it doesn't matter who coaches here, most will complain anyway. The bottom line for me is that we don't have the players to be Chelsea, and we are hanging in there. I also don't think any other coach would do any better.
According to.......... on 16:26 - Jan 14 with 2041 viewsDoughnut

I want to know why Southampton can do it but not us?? Did they go dicking about with people like Sherwood..etc..no...they got Koeman in. Instant success. Financially I would think we're at least on a par with them, so why are we still knee-jerking. Was Koeman a knee-jerk appointment at St. Mary's, or did someone make an effort in getting the right bloke? And if that can happen there, why not here? There must be at least one other 'koeman' out there that can hack it in the PL.
According to.......... on 16:30 - Jan 14 with 2036 viewsrobith

According to.......... on 14:07 - Jan 14 by richranger

Some companies have now suspended betting on Harry getting the sack.

do they know something we don't?

yes, that lots of people are lumping on so they close the market to proect themselves from financial risk.

Bookmakers, whilst knowledgable, are still a financial market. People mistake fluctuations in their prices for "insider knowledge" when really they just reflections of volume
According to.......... on 16:32 - Jan 14 with 2024 viewsadhoc_qpr

According to.......... on 16:03 - Jan 14 by strikerace

I don't want to see HR gone now, so I am in that poll's 59%. It makes no sense, who would you bring in? This is a kneejerk, "throw out the baby with the bathwater" move. Some people get an agenda and just push it, even after he wins a match. I also agree that it doesn't matter who coaches here, most will complain anyway. The bottom line for me is that we don't have the players to be Chelsea, and we are hanging in there. I also don't think any other coach would do any better.

Coaches who are currently doing better than Redknapp in the league include such giants as Gary Monk, Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce and Paul Lambert...

You really think there aren't other managers out there who could do a better job and couldn't be tempted by a London based prem team?

Whether our board has the vision or nous to appoint anyone other than Tim Sherwood or Glenn Hoddle is another matter entirely...
[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 16:36]
According to.......... on 16:35 - Jan 14 with 2006 viewsdaveB

According to.......... on 16:32 - Jan 14 by adhoc_qpr

Coaches who are currently doing better than Redknapp in the league include such giants as Gary Monk, Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce and Paul Lambert...

You really think there aren't other managers out there who could do a better job and couldn't be tempted by a London based prem team?

Whether our board has the vision or nous to appoint anyone other than Tim Sherwood or Glenn Hoddle is another matter entirely...

No doubt at all we could get a better manager, we probably won't though
According to.......... on 16:39 - Jan 14 with 1990 viewsrobith

According to.......... on 13:22 - Jan 14 by Hunterhoop

AMEN, BROTHER!

It's kind of the reason we all enjoy Sport.

If it was as simple in sport that the team with the better players always beat the other team or the team with the best players always one everything, it would be somewhat boring and supporting any particular club would be rather redundant.

The whole point of coaches, managers, training, diets, mental state, etc, etc is for self improvement. It's to make the absolute most of what you have so you may be a team that has better players but isn't performing at their peak due to not excelling in some of those aspects listed above.

There are 1000s of examples where coaching, tactics, etc, pays dividends. Just speak to Southampton currently. Falcao is earning not far short of the each week of that of the S'oton first team, yet he can't get in the side and S'oton won at Utd.

I follow NFL and the level of "leadership" and tactical nous and overall "management" they require/demand from their Head Coaches is light years ahead of what happens in football, especially in England. We're decades behind.

My favourite example is from rugby - 18 months ago Ireland finished last in the Six Nations, routed by Italy. Joe Schmidt took over - he's the proponent of "The System" where everyone knows their role and focuses on performing it exactly. An interesting thing he does is he names a match squad as a whole - substitutes in his squads are given very specific roles (come on with 20 left to run the ball, come on after 60 to change a tactical approach up) and have to intently focus on the game and their man they'll be replacing about how they can do something better when they come on.

A year and a half later we've won the Six Nations and are going into the world cup as one of the favourites, despite having been shorn of some of our best players (BOD, Ferris, SOB, Healy).

Tactics and systems are the way. Barca of a few years ago weren't just the best because they had the best players - they had a system and an approach in which each player executed their role to an exceptional standard
According to.......... on 16:40 - Jan 14 with 1981 viewsMark1

Don't know why RedCrap doesn't bring in Tony Adams to drill the defence and bin whoever has supposed to be doing this job,he has worked with him before after all.

What is Adams doing these days anyway?
According to.......... on 16:52 - Jan 14 with 1939 viewsessextaxiboy

According to.......... on 16:32 - Jan 14 by adhoc_qpr

None of those have managed a team that have won anything or got anywhere near the the top of the Premier league .
Login to get fewer ads

According to.......... on 16:58 - Jan 14 with 1922 viewsTacticalR

According to.......... on 16:40 - Jan 14 by Mark1

Don't know why RedCrap doesn't bring in Tony Adams to drill the defence and bin whoever has supposed to be doing this job,he has worked with him before after all.

What is Adams doing these days anyway?

Last spotted managing in the Azerbaijani league.

Air hostess clique

According to.......... on 16:59 - Jan 14 with 1914 viewsessextaxiboy

According to.......... on 16:58 - Jan 14 by TacticalR

Last spotted managing in the Azerbaijani league.

With his pants on his head saying "wibble"
According to.......... on 17:03 - Jan 14 with 1905 viewsadhoc_qpr

According to.......... on 16:52 - Jan 14 by essextaxiboy

None of those have managed a team that have won anything or got anywhere near the the top of the Premier league .

But we aren't trying to get to the top of the premier league, survival is our aim.

And we certainly aren't trying to win anything given the cup performances against Burton and Sheffield Utd!!

Redknapp has one FA cup win anyway, but that doesn't seem to have translated into any kind of cup run.

But the point was these are poor/unproven managers, all do better than Harry, most having spent considerably less to boot! Just to answer the point that people seem to think we have no options to replace Harry.
According to.......... on 17:09 - Jan 14 with 1881 viewsdaveB

I’ve said all along I’d be surprised if the board actually sacked him now and still would be but Fernandes tweeted the other day about the players getting us out of trouble rather than the manager which was odd for him but could mean nothing, Ferndnades being away and the other board members taking control may also be a factor.

I’m not sure about Sherwood, he’s in his mid 40’s and only managed a team for a few months, I don’t really understand how he has built a good reputation in the game when he’s done nothing. I feel similar about his impending arrival as I did about Holloway and Warnock in not wanting him but I was wrong those times so hopefully he’ll do ok if he comes in. Big gamble though
According to.......... on 17:10 - Jan 14 with 1877 viewsessextaxiboy

According to.......... on 17:03 - Jan 14 by adhoc_qpr

But we aren't trying to get to the top of the premier league, survival is our aim.

And we certainly aren't trying to win anything given the cup performances against Burton and Sheffield Utd!!

Redknapp has one FA cup win anyway, but that doesn't seem to have translated into any kind of cup run.

But the point was these are poor/unproven managers, all do better than Harry, most having spent considerably less to boot! Just to answer the point that people seem to think we have no options to replace Harry.

sorry just re read your post . I get the sentiment with the "giants of management" comment .

The options to replace him now are limited , we pay him off and write out a betting slip with the next blokes name on it .

Who is going to come in January and be anything more than a short term gamble ?
According to.......... on 17:15 - Jan 14 with 1861 viewsjoolsyp

According to.......... on 13:40 - Jan 14 by EalingRanger

I think if Redknapp stays we will stay up, only just, but I think we will.

If Sherwood takes over there is now way in hell we have a chance.

Based on what do you think we'll stay up with Redknapp staying? Because all the evidence of the past 5 or 6 games (and all of our away games) suggests we are on a downward spiral to the Championship ...
According to.......... on 17:17 - Jan 14 with 1850 viewsMytch_QPR

According to.......... on 17:10 - Jan 14 by essextaxiboy

sorry just re read your post . I get the sentiment with the "giants of management" comment .

The options to replace him now are limited , we pay him off and write out a betting slip with the next blokes name on it .

Who is going to come in January and be anything more than a short term gamble ?

Is Paul Hart gainfully employed at the moment?

It's a valid point - who would come here and risk damaging their reputation by taking us to the Championship (or lower - if you're a believer in the worst case scenario story)?

I think that if the players are behind Harry then we muddle through this season, clear out the deadwood in May (HR included) and look to a younger manager with a viable plan.

Failing that, jack it all in and watch the QPR Ladies - they may lose regularly but they don't take £50k a week for doing so and they're certainly more attractive than Richard Dunne. They probably don't swear at the away fans, either. Yet.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

According to.......... on 17:24 - Jan 14 with 1825 views00calben

According to.......... on 07:46 - Jan 14 by derbyhoop

If Redknapp goes it will be like changing the captain of the Titanic as we head for the iceberg. The problems at QPR are too deep rooted for a change of manager to make that much difference.
Harry may/may not keep us up but, ultimately, we need to address more than the league position of the first team.

Spot on.
According to.......... on 17:27 - Jan 14 with 1816 viewskropotkin41

According to.......... on 17:24 - Jan 14 by 00calben

Spot on.

We might miss the iceberg, but more than that we wouldn't have to listen to his f*cking lies and excuses as we get dumped into the freezing water!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

According to.......... on 17:29 - Jan 14 with 1800 viewsessextaxiboy

According to.......... on 17:27 - Jan 14 by kropotkin41

We might miss the iceberg, but more than that we wouldn't have to listen to his f*cking lies and excuses as we get dumped into the freezing water!

maybe , but what long term candidate is going to come to us now , in January while they still have maybe promotion hopes (and bonuses) in their sights ?
According to.......... on 17:36 - Jan 14 with 1777 viewsstan4england

According to.......... on 17:29 - Jan 14 by essextaxiboy

maybe , but what long term candidate is going to come to us now , in January while they still have maybe promotion hopes (and bonuses) in their sights ?

Bonus hopes won't be a problem, as our bonus for staying up will probably be higher than their bonus for promotion. Give the guy a contract for 3 years and tell him he will be here next year whatever happens. No one would blame a new manager for failing to keep us up at this stage of the season (for instance HR 2 years ago). A new man would bring new ideas, new tactics, player enthusiasm, maybe a player or two and would be set up nicely to work through and beyond the Summer, whatever happens. Or persuade Glenn (just for the rest of the season).... I can't cope with HR any longer!
According to.......... on 17:48 - Jan 14 with 1744 viewsNW5Hoop

I don't think it makes much difference who the manager is. Seems pretty clear the deeper problem is the way the club is run and the culture that creates. Players who have been good and old have come here and been crap under successive managers. People who have been good and young have come here and been crap under successive managers. Let's not forget Hughes did OK at Fulham and has done OK at Stoke. I don't like Redknapp, and I'd rather he hadn't been appointed, but I don't think he and his team are idiots — they've done well at other places. So what's the common thread in the failures? QPR. The club is run on a hashtag culture — #weRtogetehr #rightsort #keepthefaith - but that's not enough. Low standards are tolerated at QPR, and well rewarded. The result is we've been pretty much a shambles since TF took over.
According to.......... on 17:48 - Jan 14 with 1747 viewsbosh67

Redknapp has the worst win percentage, 19.6%, of any permanent QPR manager in the Premier League.

So, that's not very good then?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

According to.......... on 17:49 - Jan 14 with 1747 viewsJamie

According to.......... on 17:29 - Jan 14 by essextaxiboy

They're not looking for a long termer, just someone to come in and do what HR can't - namely winning away games and thus keeping us up.
According to.......... on 17:58 - Jan 14 with 1723 viewswhittocksRs

The players don't seem to be getting a lot of motivation from Redknapp, Hoddle, Bind, Ferdinand, any of them. I guess we need experienced players like Barton, Hill, Zamora, Ferdinand and Henry to take more responsibility in the dressing room and fire the younger lads up. Hopefully the talent in the squad can somehow show itself and keep us up that way. Then wholesales changes are needed in the summer, starting the day after we are re-confirmed as a Premier League team.
According to.......... on 18:01 - Jan 14 with 1709 viewsjoolsyp

I suppose whatever we do its a gamble. Our options seem to be:

(a) Stick with Redknapp until the end of the season and then replace him whether we stay up or not (and I'd suggest the evidence points to us being relegated with all the uncertainty that will bring).

(b) Go for a short term solution (in reality Sherwood or Hoddle or McLaren although why would he come?) with a remit to keep us up and then look again in the summer. Could work, might get a bounce, but equally could still get relegated.

(c) Bring in a young, progressive, talented Championship or League 1 manager and give them experience of managing in the Prem (and before anyone says it what experience did Monk have?) with the expectation that we'll go down but that the chosen one will stay with us for the next 3-5 years and get us up again. Who knows he might bring a couple of excellent lower league players with him.

(c) is unlikely but my preferred option.
According to.......... on 18:04 - Jan 14 with 1692 viewswhittocksRs

According to.......... on 18:01 - Jan 14 by joolsyp

I suppose whatever we do its a gamble. Our options seem to be:

(a) Stick with Redknapp until the end of the season and then replace him whether we stay up or not (and I'd suggest the evidence points to us being relegated with all the uncertainty that will bring).

(b) Go for a short term solution (in reality Sherwood or Hoddle or McLaren although why would he come?) with a remit to keep us up and then look again in the summer. Could work, might get a bounce, but equally could still get relegated.

(c) Bring in a young, progressive, talented Championship or League 1 manager and give them experience of managing in the Prem (and before anyone says it what experience did Monk have?) with the expectation that we'll go down but that the chosen one will stay with us for the next 3-5 years and get us up again. Who knows he might bring a couple of excellent lower league players with him.

(c) is unlikely but my preferred option.

(c) would be the best option if it didn't come with a multi-million pound FFP fine from the Football League. If we go down we'll be hit with the fine and an immediate transfer ban, meaning any perceived growth and long-needed improvements to infrastructure will simply not be possible. That's why survival is so important. We could be looking at Portsmouth-level disaster in the Championship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024