Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to.......... 23:17 - Jan 13 with 21919 viewskropotkin41

The back pages of the Mirror and the Mail Redknapp is likely to get the axe if we lose to Man Utd. Their stories are based on "club insiders" and pressure being put on TF by fellow directors.

So I'm reading between the lines and reckon that it comes down to my tweets!!

Or, more likely, it could all be bo**ox.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

According to.......... on 12:37 - Jan 14 with 2560 viewsTheBlob

According to.......... on 12:31 - Jan 14 by FDC

Barton as manager might prove to be the final straw for me.

Another Gary Waddock in the making.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

According to.......... on 12:50 - Jan 14 with 2513 viewsessextaxiboy

if a temporary manager is needed it should be Les Ferdinand IMO .

He starts with goodwill credit in the bank , we can all get behind him and if we get a look at him for whatever division we find ourselves.
According to.......... on 12:51 - Jan 14 with 2508 viewsNorthernr

According to.......... on 12:37 - Jan 14 by essextaxiboy

Its funny how people see the game differently .

I didnt see the game on Saturday even on a stream as we have had a bereavement in the family.

But I did listen to the Radio London commentary where the summariser Steve Froggatt ? agreed that Caulker had a shocker but also said that Barton and Austin were the only Rangers players to emerge with any credit.
He said Austin was a constant threat and Barton drove the team on , he also said Adel had been given a chance and hadnt taken it .

Then he's a total fcking idiot. Barton was so bad in the second half that when he finally did pass to a QPR player the whole away end cheered.
According to.......... on 12:58 - Jan 14 with 2469 viewsRangersw12

I didnt see the game on Saturday even on a stream as we have had a bereavement in the family.

But I did listen to the Radio London commentary where the summariser Steve Froggatt ? agreed that Caulker had a shocker but also said that Barton and Austin were the only Rangers players to emerge with any credit.
He said Austin was a constant threat and Barton drove the team on , he also said Adel had been given a chance and hadnt taken it .

Christ knows what game Froggatt was watching

I was there and Adel was our best player by a mile , Barton was a total disgrace in the 2nd half and consistently gave the ball away and even got a few boos at one point
According to.......... on 13:03 - Jan 14 with 2448 viewsBrianMcCarthy

According to.......... on 12:50 - Jan 14 by essextaxiboy

if a temporary manager is needed it should be Les Ferdinand IMO .

He starts with goodwill credit in the bank , we can all get behind him and if we get a look at him for whatever division we find ourselves.

I want Redknapp sacked more than most, but not in this manner, it's more short-termism.

Firstly, a temporary manager is an admittance that there is no plan, so I would be against it. If I had to sack a department head, there would be a replacement lined up and the Rangers board should be no different. They should always have an evolving list of candidates with their chosen candidate on top on the pile, and that candidate should be approached and lined up before they make a move.

The other reason I would be opposed to temporary managers is that players know that they are temporary and, de facto, without authority.

As for Les - he has no experience whatsoever, being an ex-player means nothing to me as it will not help him do his job in any meaningful way.

Finally we have a DoF who, if he fails as a manager, will be branded for ever, so we'll need a new DoF as well. Why disrupt everything needlessly?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

According to.......... on 13:08 - Jan 14 with 2430 viewsessextaxiboy

According to.......... on 13:03 - Jan 14 by BrianMcCarthy

I want Redknapp sacked more than most, but not in this manner, it's more short-termism.

Firstly, a temporary manager is an admittance that there is no plan, so I would be against it. If I had to sack a department head, there would be a replacement lined up and the Rangers board should be no different. They should always have an evolving list of candidates with their chosen candidate on top on the pile, and that candidate should be approached and lined up before they make a move.

The other reason I would be opposed to temporary managers is that players know that they are temporary and, de facto, without authority.

As for Les - he has no experience whatsoever, being an ex-player means nothing to me as it will not help him do his job in any meaningful way.

Finally we have a DoF who, if he fails as a manager, will be branded for ever, so we'll need a new DoF as well. Why disrupt everything needlessly?

Dont get me wrong I want to stick with Redknapp until the summer , I was just commenting on a suggestion of Barton as a caretaker .

They should be sounding out candidates now although some may not commit until they know what league we are in .

I take your point about Les having a negative on his CV , it stays as it has with Shearer .
According to.......... on 13:09 - Jan 14 with 2428 viewssix_foot_two

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9644319/Reports-Redknapp-facing-the-axe

Frying pan fire comes to mind.
According to.......... on 13:22 - Jan 14 with 2374 viewsHunterhoop

According to.......... on 11:49 - Jan 14 by Northernr

I'd agree, but I think a greater problem is his idea that tactics and systems don't win football matches. We've had Barton saying "we need to come up with a plan away from home" as if we don't have one, we've had Henry saying after Man Utd away "we didn't know whether to press or stand off" as if they hadn't been told before. I'm getting a bit sick of this attitude that you either sign wonderful players who can carry the team, or you're fcked, and there's nothing in between those two things because I'm looking at lots of other clubs succeeding through planning and tactics and long term strategy and things and they seem to be coping just fine with fcking cnting Jermaine Defoe.

AMEN, BROTHER!

It's kind of the reason we all enjoy Sport.

If it was as simple in sport that the team with the better players always beat the other team or the team with the best players always one everything, it would be somewhat boring and supporting any particular club would be rather redundant.

The whole point of coaches, managers, training, diets, mental state, etc, etc is for self improvement. It's to make the absolute most of what you have so you may be a team that has better players but isn't performing at their peak due to not excelling in some of those aspects listed above.

There are 1000s of examples where coaching, tactics, etc, pays dividends. Just speak to Southampton currently. Falcao is earning not far short of the each week of that of the S'oton first team, yet he can't get in the side and S'oton won at Utd.

I follow NFL and the level of "leadership" and tactical nous and overall "management" they require/demand from their Head Coaches is light years ahead of what happens in football, especially in England. We're decades behind.
Login to get fewer ads

According to.......... on 13:25 - Jan 14 with 2356 viewsHunterhoop

He was completely wrong then and clearly has an agenda.

Anyone with any footballing brain judging that game objectively would have criticised Barton and praised Taarabt. Each Burnley I spoke to did, and why would they have an agenda?!
According to.......... on 13:28 - Jan 14 with 2344 viewsTacticalR

According to.......... on 12:31 - Jan 14 by FDC

Barton as manager might prove to be the final straw for me.

He wouldn't make a good manager because he is remorselessly negative. He is the anti-Dyche.

Air hostess clique

According to.......... on 13:29 - Jan 14 with 2343 viewsR_from_afar

According to.......... on 11:49 - Jan 14 by Northernr

I'd agree, but I think a greater problem is his idea that tactics and systems don't win football matches. We've had Barton saying "we need to come up with a plan away from home" as if we don't have one, we've had Henry saying after Man Utd away "we didn't know whether to press or stand off" as if they hadn't been told before. I'm getting a bit sick of this attitude that you either sign wonderful players who can carry the team, or you're fcked, and there's nothing in between those two things because I'm looking at lots of other clubs succeeding through planning and tactics and long term strategy and things and they seem to be coping just fine with fcking cnting Jermaine Defoe.

We all feel this pain too. What happened to coaching? Surely the "badges" wouldbe coaches and manager study to get can't just be

- Badge A: Dealing with the media
- Badge B: Dealing with agents
- Badge C: How to buy players
- Badge D: How to do up a duvet coat on a windy January afternoon?

It truly is desperate if *any* manager is unable to provide input which improves their players. I mean, even us lot could. For starters, we all know these ones:

- Fer: How about sprinting to get the ball back when you lose it? That's *sprinting* not ambling or trotting.
- Junior: Practise shooting until you can hit the target more times than not. Then practise crossing to your own man.

RFA

PS: Northern, your post needs a slight edit. I think the last "with" should be "without".

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

According to.......... on 13:32 - Jan 14 with 2326 viewsBrianMcCarthy

According to.......... on 13:08 - Jan 14 by essextaxiboy

Dont get me wrong I want to stick with Redknapp until the summer , I was just commenting on a suggestion of Barton as a caretaker .

They should be sounding out candidates now although some may not commit until they know what league we are in .

I take your point about Les having a negative on his CV , it stays as it has with Shearer .

Fair enough.

As for Barton, I agree. I really have no words....nope, nothing...

According to.......... on 13:38 - Jan 14 with 2295 viewslave16

According to.......... on 13:32 - Jan 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair enough.

As for Barton, I agree. I really have no words....nope, nothing...

Is there anyone better than redknapp available at the minute, who would take the job?

I would say no as Pulis is gone... so whats the options Sherwood?
I think even though Harry is limited we should wait to the summer and see where the cards land...

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

According to.......... on 13:40 - Jan 14 with 2286 viewsEalingRanger

I think if Redknapp stays we will stay up, only just, but I think we will.

If Sherwood takes over there is now way in hell we have a chance.
According to.......... on 13:46 - Jan 14 with 2276 viewsMytch_QPR

The really important thing is that we should be looking at some sort of sponsorship deal with Elastoplast.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

According to.......... on 13:47 - Jan 14 with 2275 viewsBrianMcCarthy

According to.......... on 13:38 - Jan 14 by lave16

Is there anyone better than redknapp available at the minute, who would take the job?

I would say no as Pulis is gone... so whats the options Sherwood?
I think even though Harry is limited we should wait to the summer and see where the cards land...

I think that Redknapp's character should disbar him from being a QPR manager and that every day he is employed by us is a sad day for our club. Leaving that aside, the sooner they can line up a replacement the better.

I refuse to believe that the planet does not house umpteen coaches or managers who can keep this squad in this division, look at the long-term health of our club and act with basic decency. However, I am not sure that we are capable of conducting such a search.

According to.......... on 13:52 - Jan 14 with 2251 viewsPinnerPaul

According to.......... on 08:14 - Jan 14 by JonDoeman

If he was to go this season, he should've gone before my tenner @ 20/1 bet bit the dust! Just hope the next man is someone we can ALL get behind, not sure Tim is that man tho.

There isn't a man - manager or player - alive that people wouldn't moan about on here!
According to.......... on 13:56 - Jan 14 with 2229 viewsPinnerPaul

He's 7/4 favourite to be next manager to go.

Glad I took the 9/1 he was last week.
According to.......... on 14:07 - Jan 14 with 2197 viewsrichranger

Some companies have now suspended betting on Harry getting the sack.

do they know something we don't?
According to.......... on 14:11 - Jan 14 with 2178 viewsShotKneesHoop

Bagpuss has to stay to the end of the season. Then he is judged on 2.5 seasons managing our club.

Either way, he is a busted flush.

If we stay up, it's goodbye and find a Premership Manager with some idea of developing talent.

If we go down, it's goodbye and find a Championship Manager with some idea of developing talent.

Keep 'Arry to the bitter end so we know exactly who and what we are looking for to manage the next season.

Anything else runs the risk of repeating the same mistakes we made when hiring Hughes and 'Arry, - note - both hired in January, I believe?

2/1 that Our Tone panicks again, and fires and hires another numbskull / wheeler dealer / meticulous planner / toss pot again!

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

According to.......... on 14:12 - Jan 14 with 2175 viewsadhoc_qpr

According to.......... on 14:07 - Jan 14 by richranger

I think our owners are pretty predictable...

A home thumping, followed by other results going against us and we go bottom.

The board suddenly realise we are heading for another relegation and sack Redknapp with no succession plan.

The media heavily tip Sherwood as the most 'high profile' boss available and our managerial recruitment does seem to be entirely based on the media presented candidates!

We appoint Tim and then who knows!
According to.......... on 14:14 - Jan 14 with 2161 viewskropotkin41

According to.......... on 14:07 - Jan 14 by richranger

Actually be much better if he got his marching orders right now.

New man in, no expectations against Man Utd, might get a bounce - you never know and then the full span of the international break to settle in.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

According to.......... on 15:18 - Jan 14 with 2062 viewsonlyrinmoray

Looked at all the threads and views and its a really difficult one. I cant see the point of sacking HR now. However we cant afford to get relegated
Agree with Derby about the whole club needs changing and given an identity improving scouting, academy. training facilities bringing youth through etc
If you look at Southampton though, they went down 2 leagues completely changed things built up the Academy and have done very well They attracted Koeman because of their set up. However we cant afford to be relegated with this £50 million hanging over us which Soton didn't have.
Better options for managers will be available at the end of the season HR could scrape by and keep us up, just like the play off final Things also might also be clearer re Warren Farm and the new Stadium
According to.......... on 15:33 - Jan 14 with 2040 viewsdaveB

According to.......... on 15:18 - Jan 14 by onlyrinmoray

Looked at all the threads and views and its a really difficult one. I cant see the point of sacking HR now. However we cant afford to get relegated
Agree with Derby about the whole club needs changing and given an identity improving scouting, academy. training facilities bringing youth through etc
If you look at Southampton though, they went down 2 leagues completely changed things built up the Academy and have done very well They attracted Koeman because of their set up. However we cant afford to be relegated with this £50 million hanging over us which Soton didn't have.
Better options for managers will be available at the end of the season HR could scrape by and keep us up, just like the play off final Things also might also be clearer re Warren Farm and the new Stadium

The Academy has been in place at Southampton for decades, they brought through the Wallace brothers, Le Tissier and Shearer back in the 80's early 90's and when they were dropping through the divisions still brought the likes of Walcott, Olaide Chamberlain and Bale through.
According to.......... on 15:40 - Jan 14 with 2018 viewsMytch_QPR

According to.......... on 15:18 - Jan 14 by onlyrinmoray

Who'd be TF?
We can't afford relegation yet we can't guarantee we'll avoid it - new manager or not.
Your point about Southampton is a good one - were it not for FFP I think most fans would agree that a rebuild period - with a proper look at the whole set up - would be a good thing.

Brian M made the point that we should be able to stay up with the squad that we have - but I'm concerned as Charlie seems to be shouldering all the responsibility for goals and our defence are so prone to schoolboy errors - often in the 90th minute having concentrated on the job up that point. Can they be trained out of that? - hopefully, but we may have to accept that in the final reckoning we just weren't good enough. On the whole, this squad does seem to want to play for Harry - there seems to be a genuine desire to win games, otherwise we would not have seen performances like the comeback against West Brom.

We keep hearing that Harry is a great motivator - if this is the case then either the problems are on the training ground, or the players simply aren't good enough.
Having said all of this, with Yun (on form) and Sandro back we could start looking like a more solid team - fine margins and all that...

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024