Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to.......... 23:17 - Jan 13 with 21917 viewskropotkin41

The back pages of the Mirror and the Mail Redknapp is likely to get the axe if we lose to Man Utd. Their stories are based on "club insiders" and pressure being put on TF by fellow directors.

So I'm reading between the lines and reckon that it comes down to my tweets!!

Or, more likely, it could all be bo**ox.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

According to.......... on 10:29 - Jan 14 with 2150 viewsrobith

According to.......... on 01:15 - Jan 14 by ozranger

But did you check the poll below? Most want Rednap to stay!!! After I voted just now the count was 41% to sack and 59% to stay. Where and who are these people?

People who read a tabloid newspaper sports website. Most aren't QPR fans, many probably only watch football on TV so they think "'Arry's great, must be the QPR players that are rubbish, that's what everyone tells me"
According to.......... on 10:31 - Jan 14 with 2143 viewsadhoc_qpr

According to.......... on 09:28 - Jan 14 by essextaxiboy

Darren Lewis at the Mirror and Mike Parry must be true....

Cmon then whose got the guts to post that they hope we lose Saturday to get rid of the manager if thats all it will take ....

Nah, i'd rather have the 3 points and the chance to gloat to the Manc that i sit opposite at work!

I do think Redknapp is taking us down though, the little burst of form post West Ham was his last hurrah for me.
According to.......... on 10:33 - Jan 14 with 2127 viewsstevec

3 points separate 8 teams, we're down there with the other 2 that came up, 2 of the 3 that came up the previous year are down there with us. Cardiff are in the Championship.
Oh, and Wigan and Reading, our previous fellow relegatees are swanning round the bottom end of the Championship.

WTF did you actually expect?

Yes, we are beyond sh*t away from home. I've watched us being outclassed and, yes, that is the problem in this division, there are better teams with better players than us.

I think I came on this board when the red mist descended after an abject defeat at Blackburn, a Rangers team with a mountain of 'dont give a fck' signings. That is not the case now. This lot are doing they're best, maybe it won't be good enough maybe it will, but this time I actually see a team I want to stick behind and that is down to the manager who brought them in.

HR will almost certainly go in the summer but getting us promoted last year, like Dyche and Pearson, they deserve a shot at keeping their respective clubs up this year.
According to.......... on 10:33 - Jan 14 with 2127 viewskropotkin41

According to.......... on 10:20 - Jan 14 by essextaxiboy

But a win is no good for your point of view

As posted in another thread if that happens and results go our way we could be up to 12th .

I havnt checked but that could be our highest position since Warnock took us up .

How is he going to get sacked when we are nearly in the top half having just beaten them ?

Anyway the new manager will take us straight up to Stoke ,play Adel ."go for it" and win 3-0 with hardly any ground lost

Cmon Rangers 0- Utd 2 .

How hard can it be for anyone to post that they hope thats the score . No pain no gain after all .

No one will remember any way......... ask Boston R

Being a football fan forces us into some interesting mental gymnastics doesn't it, Essex? I don't like very much at all about the way football is these days, and I'd give up being interested in it or concerned by it if I could......... it's a mental illness passed on to me by my Dad!

So, I want Harry gone and truthfully I want that whether we're in 12th or 20th. I think the man is a charlatan and I all I've seen him do is spunk cash about with no real sign of what might be called durable improvement in the way we play football.

Nonetheless, in 40 years of following the Rs I have never once wanted us to lose a game and so here I am in this uncomfortable position. I will be over the Moon if we some how beat Man Utd on Saturday although I think aliens landing in Parliament Square and taking Cameron, Clegg and the Millipede back where they came from is more likely, but should we lose and Redknapp gets the push I will be relieved and look forward with hope to a new era in which we actually start once more to look like a football TEAM.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

According to.......... on 10:33 - Jan 14 with 2125 viewsBrianMcCarthy

According to.......... on 10:20 - Jan 14 by essextaxiboy

But a win is no good for your point of view

As posted in another thread if that happens and results go our way we could be up to 12th .

I havnt checked but that could be our highest position since Warnock took us up .

How is he going to get sacked when we are nearly in the top half having just beaten them ?

Anyway the new manager will take us straight up to Stoke ,play Adel ."go for it" and win 3-0 with hardly any ground lost

Cmon Rangers 0- Utd 2 .

How hard can it be for anyone to post that they hope thats the score . No pain no gain after all .

No one will remember any way......... ask Boston R

I hope he loses every game, but I also hope Rangers win every game. The only way both of those thing can happen is if we sack him straight away. Shouldn't take him long to pack up whatever scruples he has left. So let's do that.

In the meantime we are a pilot fish swimming underneath a shark.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

According to.......... on 10:53 - Jan 14 with 2063 viewsessextaxiboy

According to.......... on 10:33 - Jan 14 by kropotkin41

Being a football fan forces us into some interesting mental gymnastics doesn't it, Essex? I don't like very much at all about the way football is these days, and I'd give up being interested in it or concerned by it if I could......... it's a mental illness passed on to me by my Dad!

So, I want Harry gone and truthfully I want that whether we're in 12th or 20th. I think the man is a charlatan and I all I've seen him do is spunk cash about with no real sign of what might be called durable improvement in the way we play football.

Nonetheless, in 40 years of following the Rs I have never once wanted us to lose a game and so here I am in this uncomfortable position. I will be over the Moon if we some how beat Man Utd on Saturday although I think aliens landing in Parliament Square and taking Cameron, Clegg and the Millipede back where they came from is more likely, but should we lose and Redknapp gets the push I will be relieved and look forward with hope to a new era in which we actually start once more to look like a football TEAM.

I took great care to word it so that it wasnt a personal dig .So I am glad that you havnt taken it that way

My point is that it does put you in an awkward position if to get what you want quickly we have to lose.

I honestly am not a rabid Redknapp fan. I just think that he should be allowed to succeed or fail and live with whatever one happens .

At the moment plenty think they know what will happen but we are are a long way from being adrift . Paddy Power is not paying out yet .

Results not performances are what is important this season IMO , home or away you get three points for either .

Lets plan for a new manager , do it in a business like way not a headless chicken one .
According to.......... on 10:54 - Jan 14 with 2060 viewsadhoc_qpr

According to.......... on 10:33 - Jan 14 by stevec

3 points separate 8 teams, we're down there with the other 2 that came up, 2 of the 3 that came up the previous year are down there with us. Cardiff are in the Championship.
Oh, and Wigan and Reading, our previous fellow relegatees are swanning round the bottom end of the Championship.

WTF did you actually expect?

Yes, we are beyond sh*t away from home. I've watched us being outclassed and, yes, that is the problem in this division, there are better teams with better players than us.

I think I came on this board when the red mist descended after an abject defeat at Blackburn, a Rangers team with a mountain of 'dont give a fck' signings. That is not the case now. This lot are doing they're best, maybe it won't be good enough maybe it will, but this time I actually see a team I want to stick behind and that is down to the manager who brought them in.

HR will almost certainly go in the summer but getting us promoted last year, like Dyche and Pearson, they deserve a shot at keeping their respective clubs up this year.

That argument loses it's way when you consider we have vastly outspent these other teams with 'better players' who 'outclass' us!

I we'd spent the £4m Burnley spent, then fair enough...
According to.......... on 10:55 - Jan 14 with 2055 viewsJonDoeman

According to.......... on 10:10 - Jan 14 by Northernr

Someone is obviously chatting. Wouldn't surprise me if it was an agent of a player. Few stories going round at Burnley about text messages allegedly sent from players to the effect of "don't know why you've come up here, he ain't got a clue, total mess" - usual sort of rumours when a team is doing badly.

"Beat Man Utd or you're fired" seems a rather tall order. I suspect, much like Liverpool earlier in the seaosn, they'll be looking for a performance and some semblence of plan, rather than a roll over and die and talk about how 'ard it is playing Man Utd. We got it against Liverpool, interesting game ahead.

When he was on the brink at the Liverpool match the players really stepped up for him & put on a great performance, interesting to see if that happens again. More difficult v ManYoo we never do well against them.

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

According to.......... on 11:12 - Jan 14 with 1984 viewsSpiritofGregory

According to.......... on 01:15 - Jan 14 by ozranger

But did you check the poll below? Most want Rednap to stay!!! After I voted just now the count was 41% to sack and 59% to stay. Where and who are these people?

Yes votes are probably fans of other clubs who want us to go down.
According to.......... on 11:15 - Jan 14 with 1996 viewssimmo

According to.......... on 11:12 - Jan 14 by SpiritofGregory

Yes votes are probably fans of other clubs who want us to go down.

Like you?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

According to.......... on 11:44 - Jan 14 with 1923 viewsRangersw12

My only hope is this sort of talk will galvanise Redknapp like it did before the Liverpool game and he might actually sound and come across like he gives a sh*t

I'm convinced his negative demeanour and moaning about "quality" and has affected the players especially away from home
According to.......... on 11:49 - Jan 14 with 1905 viewsNorthernr

According to.......... on 11:44 - Jan 14 by Rangersw12

My only hope is this sort of talk will galvanise Redknapp like it did before the Liverpool game and he might actually sound and come across like he gives a sh*t

I'm convinced his negative demeanour and moaning about "quality" and has affected the players especially away from home

I'd agree, but I think a greater problem is his idea that tactics and systems don't win football matches. We've had Barton saying "we need to come up with a plan away from home" as if we don't have one, we've had Henry saying after Man Utd away "we didn't know whether to press or stand off" as if they hadn't been told before. I'm getting a bit sick of this attitude that you either sign wonderful players who can carry the team, or you're fcked, and there's nothing in between those two things because I'm looking at lots of other clubs succeeding through planning and tactics and long term strategy and things and they seem to be coping just fine with fcking cnting Jermaine Defoe.
According to.......... on 11:51 - Jan 14 with 1900 viewsDesertBoot

Will it be the same as the Southampton game a few years ago when Hughes was under pressure? Support the team but when it's clear the game is lost - turn on the manager?

Wish I could be like David Watts

According to.......... on 12:00 - Jan 14 with 1855 viewsSpiritofGregory

According to.......... on 11:15 - Jan 14 by simmo

Like you?

No, I want the best for QPR that's why I get so annoyed at the mismanagement of the club. We need a tough manager who doesn't pander to egos and at least gets the basics right.
According to.......... on 12:02 - Jan 14 with 1865 viewsFDC

Just seen Redknapp's post Burnley match interview and he really doesn't acknowledge the dire lack of shape the team had, especially in the second half. I don't know of it's genuine or dishonest, but it certainly doesn't give me any hope. I keep thinking of when we played Spurs at Loftus Road and he played Bale down the middle when everyone know we were weak at full back.

I'm genuinely interested in how Spurs did so well under him. Was it really just good fortune on his part to have inherited a talented crop of players that he simply sent out to play? After all the uncomfortable Hughes experience of seeing him go on to do fairly well after leaving Qpr gives me pause for thought... is there something about Qpr that not only takes talented players and makes them worse, but also managers. ...?
According to.......... on 12:04 - Jan 14 with 1858 viewsFDC

(Playing Devil's advocate really, I've always thought he was an unpleasant charlatan, but still... )
According to.......... on 12:06 - Jan 14 with 1849 viewsNorthernr

According to.......... on 12:02 - Jan 14 by FDC

Just seen Redknapp's post Burnley match interview and he really doesn't acknowledge the dire lack of shape the team had, especially in the second half. I don't know of it's genuine or dishonest, but it certainly doesn't give me any hope. I keep thinking of when we played Spurs at Loftus Road and he played Bale down the middle when everyone know we were weak at full back.

I'm genuinely interested in how Spurs did so well under him. Was it really just good fortune on his part to have inherited a talented crop of players that he simply sent out to play? After all the uncomfortable Hughes experience of seeing him go on to do fairly well after leaving Qpr gives me pause for thought... is there something about Qpr that not only takes talented players and makes them worse, but also managers. ...?

I think that's fairly obvious. Zero infrastructure, zero youth set up, dreadful training ground, poor CEO and CFO running the club day to day with no experience of running a football club before, absentee chairman big on promises but not so hot on action. No plan, no ethos, no continuity, no structure, no foundations. No nothing. Are we a selling club? Are we a youth development club? Are we trying to be a mini Chelsea or Man City? Is our team attacking, defensive, quick, hard, long ball, short passing? We've got nothing, on or off the pitch, no identity whatsoever.

Redknapp is a symptom here, not the disease. He's probably doing a good deal better than a lot of others would do - look how this club found Hughes out. The one advantage of Sherwood coming here is it's such a fcking shambles it might take the arrogant prck down a peg or two.

This post has been edited by an administrator
According to.......... on 12:12 - Jan 14 with 1826 viewsstevec

According to.......... on 10:54 - Jan 14 by adhoc_qpr

That argument loses it's way when you consider we have vastly outspent these other teams with 'better players' who 'outclass' us!

Take your point but we've generally only been outclassed by the sides you'd imagine, like top 10 sides away from home, teams that have spent more than us.

Losing at Burnley was the only stand out game you could say we would have expected better. Maybe that will set the trend for a second half of the season, hopefully a one off.
We now have home matches where we've shown we can compete and away games where we can expect to compete. A more level playing field to judge HR and the team.
According to.......... on 12:13 - Jan 14 with 1818 viewsRangersw12

According to.......... on 11:49 - Jan 14 by Northernr

I'd agree, but I think a greater problem is his idea that tactics and systems don't win football matches. We've had Barton saying "we need to come up with a plan away from home" as if we don't have one, we've had Henry saying after Man Utd away "we didn't know whether to press or stand off" as if they hadn't been told before. I'm getting a bit sick of this attitude that you either sign wonderful players who can carry the team, or you're fcked, and there's nothing in between those two things because I'm looking at lots of other clubs succeeding through planning and tactics and long term strategy and things and they seem to be coping just fine with fcking cnting Jermaine Defoe.

We haven't really had a plan away from home since Redknapp has been in charge

I'm firmly in the camp that any half decent manager with a game plan and style of play and would be able to get this team comfortably in midtable with no threat of relegation

We have spent millions ( again ) yet he still thinks there isn't enough "quality in the squad"
it really beggars belief

Not asking for the world just a team coached properly who have a set way of playing and look to improve the younger players that we have
According to.......... on 12:20 - Jan 14 with 1796 viewsFredManRave

According to.......... on 11:49 - Jan 14 by Northernr

Are you suggesting Barton in a caretaker, player, manager type roll. Given the position to the end of the season so the club can see which division we're in and plan accordingly. Would certainly bring some much needed passion and determination and he does appear to be a favourite of Fernandes'. Let's face it any of the managers that we want, Dyche etc won't come and the ex R's aa suggested aren't yet proven, so just maybe the stop gap appointment of Barton giving the club time to really think and plan for the next manager whilst also getting the impetus of change - The Barton Bounce - might not be as silly as it sounds.

Thinking outside the box would make a nice change from the usual defending like pansies inside it.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:21 - Jan 14 with 1792 viewsstevec

According to.......... on 10:54 - Jan 14 by adhoc_qpr

According to.......... on 12:24 - Jan 14 with 1780 viewsNorthernr

According to.......... on 12:20 - Jan 14 by FredManRave

Are you suggesting Barton in a caretaker, player, manager type roll. Given the position to the end of the season so the club can see which division we're in and plan accordingly. Would certainly bring some much needed passion and determination and he does appear to be a favourite of Fernandes'. Let's face it any of the managers that we want, Dyche etc won't come and the ex R's aa suggested aren't yet proven, so just maybe the stop gap appointment of Barton giving the club time to really think and plan for the next manager whilst also getting the impetus of change - The Barton Bounce - might not be as silly as it sounds.

Thinking outside the box would make a nice change from the usual defending like pansies inside it.

This club should have removed Barton from the premesis a long time ago. Instead they made him captain and the fans sing his name. Barton's one of the worst culprits this season, may as well have pulled on a Claret shirt of the second half on Saturday.

According to.......... on 12:31 - Jan 14 with 1743 viewsFDC

According to.......... on 12:20 - Jan 14 by FredManRave

Barton as manager might prove to be the final straw for me.
According to.......... on 12:35 - Jan 14 with 1720 viewsFDC

According to.......... on 12:06 - Jan 14 by Northernr

I think that's fairly obvious. Zero infrastructure, zero youth set up, dreadful training ground, poor CEO and CFO running the club day to day with no experience of running a football club before, absentee chairman big on promises but not so hot on action. No plan, no ethos, no continuity, no structure, no foundations. No nothing. Are we a selling club? Are we a youth development club? Are we trying to be a mini Chelsea or Man City? Is our team attacking, defensive, quick, hard, long ball, short passing? We've got nothing, on or off the pitch, no identity whatsoever.

Redknapp is a symptom here, not the disease. He's probably doing a good deal better than a lot of others would do - look how this club found Hughes out. The one advantage of Sherwood coming here is it's such a fcking shambles it might take the arrogant prck down a peg or two.

I agree with all those things, but of them the only one that could really influence Redknapp's ability to manage the 11 men is the ethos, right? And I'm not sure that sufficiently explains his stark short - comings when it comes to setting the team out with anything resembling a shape and a plan.
According to.......... on 12:37 - Jan 14 with 1711 viewsessextaxiboy

According to.......... on 12:24 - Jan 14 by Northernr

This club should have removed Barton from the premesis a long time ago. Instead they made him captain and the fans sing his name. Barton's one of the worst culprits this season, may as well have pulled on a Claret shirt of the second half on Saturday.

Its funny how people see the game differently .

I didnt see the game on Saturday even on a stream as we have had a bereavement in the family.

But I did listen to the Radio London commentary where the summariser Steve Froggatt ? agreed that Caulker had a shocker but also said that Barton and Austin were the only Rangers players to emerge with any credit.
He said Austin was a constant threat and Barton drove the team on , he also said Adel had been given a chance and hadnt taken it .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024