Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 Aftermath! 10:24 - Jan 26 with 18408 viewsNotLoyal

It's the Hull and back Matchday Thread with extra owners, no manager and the oven chips have been left in the freezer. Yes, it's all here the match day thread with added sauce just for you.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56885/swansea-city-head-

If I could turn back time ! ( Not )

If I could turn back time ! ( Yes)

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56892/a-woeful-first-hal

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 17:19 - Jan 29 with 1467 viewsBadlands

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 17:01 - Jan 29 by Catullus

Maybe, if Obafemi had more time on the pitch he'd be a bit sharper?

His goal scoring record doesn’t suggest that would be the case.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 17:23 - Jan 29 with 1454 viewsjasper_T

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 17:16 - Jan 29 by Badlands

We ar3 creating far mor chances this season but don’t have a pl quality striker.

We're bottom half for chances created in every xG chart. We're slightly better than last season but not by much.

Piroe's having a rotten few weeks but has been clinical compared to most strikers in the league otherwise.
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 17:25 - Jan 29 with 1433 viewsTreforys_Jack

Why are we consistently so poor out of the blocks.
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 17:38 - Jan 29 with 1335 viewsFlashberryjack

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:58 - Jan 29 by lifelong

Agreed.

As poor as that first half was we had enough chances in the second half to get something out of that game.

They had plenty of chances in the second half as well.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 17:44 - Jan 29 with 1299 viewsReslovenSwan1

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 17:19 - Jan 29 by Badlands

His goal scoring record doesn’t suggest that would be the case.

He scored 3 Premier league goals and one EFL cup goal for Southampton first team as a teenager. I respectfully suggest getting a bagful of goals as a teenager for a week PL team is not that easy.

Swansea golden boy McBurney had disappeared completely but was a great player for Swansea. All a bit too much for him by the looks of it.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 17:47 - Jan 29 with 1290 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 17:23 - Jan 29 by jasper_T

We're bottom half for chances created in every xG chart. We're slightly better than last season but not by much.

Piroe's having a rotten few weeks but has been clinical compared to most strikers in the league otherwise.

No sure how you work out we slightly better thsn last season

Last season

Points per game 1.7
Goals scored per game 1.2
Goals conceded per game 0.8

This season
Points per game 1.2
Goals scored per game 1
Goals conceded per game 1.4

We are worse in all areas.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:25 - Jan 29 with 1183 viewsjasper_T

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 17:47 - Jan 29 by felixstowe_jack

Last season

Points per game 1.7

This season
Points per game 1.2
Goals scored per game 1

I said exactly how in my post. xG chart.
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:28 - Jan 29 with 1175 viewsshingle

If someone like Peterborough go on a tear we could be playing Newport next season still unlikely but not as crazy a thought as it was at the beginning of this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:35 - Jan 29 with 1148 viewscockneyswan

Just to be clear the main culprits for the demise of SCFC are the sellouts and the yanks all failing to invest as promised at the time of the sale.
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:35 - Jan 29 with 1140 viewsReslovenSwan1

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:28 - Jan 29 by shingle

If someone like Peterborough go on a tear we could be playing Newport next season still unlikely but not as crazy a thought as it was at the beginning of this season.

Performances are patchy unfortunately. Un-fancied players by Cooper are having to be used by Martin. Smith, Hamer, Latibaeudiere Manning and another has let the club down badly. One or two young players are struggling like Piroe. Wolf is getting up to speed.

Its a process. Time for Fisher, Obafemi and Walsh to be given a run.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:36 - Jan 29 with 1125 viewsdobjack2

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 17:47 - Jan 29 by felixstowe_jack

Last season

Points per game 1.7

This season
Points per game 1.2
Goals scored per game 1

The post refers to Xg - expected goals.

By that metric we are making slightly better quality goal scoring opportunities this season but we were better at taking the opportunities we created last season.

Result is the comparison between goals scored and the impact on points gained.
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:37 - Jan 29 with 1108 viewsvetchonian

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:42 - Jan 29 by Badlands

3 games in 8 days 4 points from 9 … so-so
We need goalscorers

no what we need is a manager

Martin let's talk about him
Cabango played in the Championship last season on the right or central of a 3 or on the right of a centre 2....William's played Premier league and Champions league games in a back 4 playing on the left of a central 2 why because Cabango is stronger on his right foot and Williams stronger on his left...yet Martin played them on their wrong sides....good managers even if they believe they havent the full resources use what they gave at their best strengths. It is said we dont have the players to play his way yet he puts players at a disadvantage from the off...why did he repeatedly play them out of position...he had them both either side of Naughton for a few games and always the wrong way around.
We found a good back 5 Laird Cabango Naughton Manning and Bidwell....this got disrupted by Mannings suspension yet Martin failed to revert to this when possible we got slaughtered down the left by Forest yet our erstwhile manager even though he had Bodwell on the bench failed to make a tactical change to sort this.

I can just more if you like but I guess I will just receive the usual responses.....believe me what we are currently seeking is tearing me up and all I keep hearing is transition and he needs time and transfer windows...
I'm sorry for me Martin is not up to it...sometimes as a manager you have gave change approach to improve the situation...Martin doesn't seem to have that in him....
I'm not sure if he had 11 perfect players he would succeed....how many points js that now in the jast 10 games how many goals....
I keep getting told I'm negative......football is a results business always has been....we ain't getting the right results ....the football is dire to watch ....but maybe I'm not wearing the corrected tinted lenses.
what I see is my beloved Swans struggling and slipping down the leagues .even football people like Jeff Stalling see it.....
I know it's my opinion and many of you disagree....but the table doesnt lie....by the way we are running out of games in hand....and today's on paper should have returned us at least a point....but it's ok we had 66% possesion....we did create more chances than Hull but they got 3 points we got 0.....as Jim Bowrn said points make prizes......we want get any this season...and I dont see us making ourselves attractive to players either

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:38 - Jan 29 with 1088 viewsonehunglow

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:35 - Jan 29 by cockneyswan

Just to be clear the main culprits for the demise of SCFC are the sellouts and the yanks all failing to invest as promised at the time of the sale.

Plus the insane decision to give the likes of Martin full rein

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:39 - Jan 29 with 1102 viewsReslovenSwan1

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:35 - Jan 29 by cockneyswan

Keep you nose out Cockney. Swansea unlike West ham are not subsidised by the UK Government. US people and so called 'sell outs' have invested in a Convertible loan note.£13m reportedly.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:43 - Jan 29 with 1066 viewsonehunglow

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:37 - Jan 29 by vetchonian

Cabango played in the Championship last season on the right or central of a 3 or on the right of a centre 2....William's played Premier league and Champions league games in a back 4 playing on the left of a central 2 why because Cabango is stronger on his right foot and Williams stronger on his left...yet Martin played them on their wrong sides....good managers even if they believe they havent the full resources use what they gave at their best strengths. It is said we dont have the players to play his way yet he puts players at a disadvantage from the off...why did he repeatedly play them out of position...he had them both either side of Naughton for a few games and always the wrong way around.
We found a good back 5 Laird Cabango Naughton Manning and Bidwell....this got disrupted by Mannings suspension yet Martin failed to revert to this when possible we got slaughtered down the left by Forest yet our erstwhile manager even though he had Bodwell on the bench failed to make a tactical change to sort this.

I can just more if you like but I guess I will just receive the usual responses.....believe me what we are currently seeking is tearing me up and all I keep hearing is transition and he needs time and transfer windows...
I'm sorry for me Martin is not up to it...sometimes as a manager you have gave change approach to improve the situation...Martin doesn't seem to have that in him....
I'm not sure if he had 11 perfect players he would succeed....how many points js that now in the jast 10 games how many goals....
I keep getting told I'm negative......football is a results business always has been....we ain't getting the right results ....the football is dire to watch ....but maybe I'm not wearing the corrected tinted lenses.
what I see is my beloved Swans struggling and slipping down the leagues .even football people like Jeff Stalling see it.....
I know it's my opinion and many of you disagree....but the table doesnt lie....by the way we are running out of games in hand....and today's on paper should have returned us at least a point....but it's ok we had 66% possesion....we did create more chances than Hull but they got 3 points we got 0.....as Jim Bowrn said points make prizes......we want get any this season...and I dont see us making ourselves attractive to players either

This post is what people should be reading.
Reply to this those who believe criticism is bad supporting.

We are in troubled waters,make no mistake.
We are stuck with a coach who is arrogant and clueless but tries to kid fans into believing in HIM. The worst possible manager .
We are in deep doodoo and going nowhere except down.
I pray he moves on this summer so I hope we keep the passing stats great .
He can use them at his interview

Let’s have an experienced manager in next who knows players and plays them at full tilt in their right positions

Cabango is an excellent centre half

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:43 - Jan 29 with 1082 viewsChief

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:39 - Jan 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Keep you nose out Cockney. Swansea unlike West ham are not subsidised by the UK Government. US people and so called 'sell outs' have invested in a Convertible loan note.£13m reportedly.

(loaned the club £10mill plus with interest) to be clear.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:51 - Jan 29 with 1049 viewscockneyswan

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:39 - Jan 29 by ReslovenSwan1

What do you mean? You cheeky fecker, Why don’t we meet up and you can tell me that to my face, I bet you won’t.
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:53 - Jan 29 with 1017 viewsonehunglow

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:51 - Jan 29 by cockneyswan

What do you mean? You cheeky fecker, Why don’t we meet up and you can tell me that to my face, I bet you won’t.

He doesn’t get out of the village let alone England

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 19:16 - Jan 29 with 954 viewsjacktar

Improvement second half but you can't give your opponents a 2 goal start and expect to win. Hull seemed to offer little other than 2 breakaway goals and were happy to sit back after that.
Hull have taken points off top teams of late but still disappointing all round really.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 19:37 - Jan 29 with 901 viewsEagleEye

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:37 - Jan 29 by vetchonian

Can’t argue with most of that. The direction we are moving both on & off the field is hurting. The goings on have me baffled from the team selections, transfer policy, loan targets, game plans
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 19:50 - Jan 29 with 880 viewsReslovenSwan1

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:51 - Jan 29 by cockneyswan

Swansea city is a Welsh / US run business. I do not take kindly ts Cockney 'Sass' coming on here and stirring up trouble and disunity after a disappointing defeat when tensions are high. The US owners are doing OK and Swansea was built by the people labelled "sell outs". The rev build will take time.

Martin has to get better results. The team should be doing better. Saying he needs help up top is not credible when he picks Korey Smith as a striker ahead of Obafemi and Ntcham.

Leave out your east end hard talk 'Guvnor'. I am not interested.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 19:54]

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 20:13 - Jan 29 with 816 viewsbuilthjack

Fight, fight, fight

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 20:15 - Jan 29 with 815 viewsChief

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 19:50 - Jan 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea city is a Welsh / US run business. I do not take kindly ts Cockney 'Sass' coming on here and stirring up trouble and disunity after a disappointing defeat when tensions are high. The US owners are doing OK and Swansea was built by the people labelled "sell outs". The rev build will take time.

Martin has to get better results. The team should be doing better. Saying he needs help up top is not credible when he picks Korey Smith as a striker ahead of Obafemi and Ntcham.

Leave out your east end hard talk 'Guvnor'. I am not interested.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 19:54]

Putting aside your bizarre insults to a fellow Swansea fan (I'm taking your word for it that is what you are), what metric are you using to say the owners are doing 'ok'?

- they bought the club when we in the Prem, we're now in the championships lower reaches.
- the squad is threadbare.
- they've taken the local council to court and lost.
- they've downgraded the academy (debatable how impactful that is but you yourself have admitted this was a mistake).
- they haven't affectively harnessed their American links to any beneficial affect whatsoever on the pitch &squadwise.
- they haven't increased our footprint stateside by any measure (contrast to the Wrexham owners).
- they haven't managed to increase our commercial footprint.(Pearlmans time was awful, liberty getting free advertising for years, Dineen having to come out if retirement to seal some deals etc etc).
- alienated the club's life members.
- ladening the club with debt to the tune of 10mill. I'll accept some of that is justified following covid and pitch. But you like to say it was used to buy players. Players who have got us to 17th in the table and it's February. This maybe a long term thing, we'll see. But currently that gamble is failing.
- you won't consider this yourself but I believe they are architects of boardroom disharmony (see CLN thread for how they handled that).

But admittedly there are worse owners and I do accept they did have difficulties stemming from the previous regimes poor decisions. But let's be realistic and reflective of reality.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 20:25 - Jan 29 with 800 viewsDr_Winston

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 20:15 - Jan 29 by Chief

Putting aside your bizarre insults to a fellow Swansea fan (I'm taking your word for it that is what you are), what metric are you using to say the owners are doing 'ok'?

- they bought the club when we in the Prem, we're now in the championships lower reaches.
- the squad is threadbare.
- they've taken the local council to court and lost.
- they've downgraded the academy (debatable how impactful that is but you yourself have admitted this was a mistake).
- they haven't affectively harnessed their American links to any beneficial affect whatsoever on the pitch &squadwise.
- they haven't increased our footprint stateside by any measure (contrast to the Wrexham owners).
- they haven't managed to increase our commercial footprint.(Pearlmans time was awful, liberty getting free advertising for years, Dineen having to come out if retirement to seal some deals etc etc).
- alienated the club's life members.
- ladening the club with debt to the tune of 10mill. I'll accept some of that is justified following covid and pitch. But you like to say it was used to buy players. Players who have got us to 17th in the table and it's February. This maybe a long term thing, we'll see. But currently that gamble is failing.
- you won't consider this yourself but I believe they are architects of boardroom disharmony (see CLN thread for how they handled that).

But admittedly there are worse owners and I do accept they did have difficulties stemming from the previous regimes poor decisions. But let's be realistic and reflective of reality.

Whilst I don't generally care about your ongoing rivalry with Res, the idea that Dineen was the answer to any commercial problem rather than the inherent cause of most of them is quite some going.

Pearlman came in after our peak period of public interest. We could have absolutely coined it in during 2011-2014 but utterly failed to do so thanks to the vending machine salesman. Selling a club on the decline is a much harder prospect.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 20:26]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 20:28 - Jan 29 with 788 viewsmax936

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:53 - Jan 29 by onehunglow

He doesn’t get out of the village let alone England

He doesn’t live in Resolven lve lots of mates there, that lve known for yrs through rugby and none of them have come across a clown like this one and believe me they’d know, he’s a family member of one of the sellouts of very close to them, l’m 100% convinced.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024