Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 Aftermath! 10:24 - Jan 26 with 18410 viewsNotLoyal

It's the Hull and back Matchday Thread with extra owners, no manager and the oven chips have been left in the freezer. Yes, it's all here the match day thread with added sauce just for you.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56885/swansea-city-head-

If I could turn back time ! ( Not )

If I could turn back time ! ( Yes)

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56892/a-woeful-first-hal

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 20:29 - Jan 29 with 1437 viewsChief

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 20:25 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

Whilst I don't generally care about your ongoing rivalry with Res, the idea that Dineen was the answer to any commercial problem rather than the inherent cause of most of them is quite some going.

Pearlman came in after our peak period of public interest. We could have absolutely coined it in during 2011-2014 but utterly failed to do so thanks to the vending machine salesman. Selling a club on the decline is a much harder prospect.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 20:26]

Yes indeed it's a damning indictment that he had to jump in to save a deal. Yet again these are the people who negotiated the initial Dan James deal before thankfully another of the old guard intervened.

And that decline has continued during their stewardship. That's an undeniable fact.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 20:48 - Jan 29 with 1391 viewscockneyswan

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 19:50 - Jan 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea city is a Welsh / US run business. I do not take kindly ts Cockney 'Sass' coming on here and stirring up trouble and disunity after a disappointing defeat when tensions are high. The US owners are doing OK and Swansea was built by the people labelled "sell outs". The rev build will take time.

Martin has to get better results. The team should be doing better. Saying he needs help up top is not credible when he picks Korey Smith as a striker ahead of Obafemi and Ntcham.

Leave out your east end hard talk 'Guvnor'. I am not interested.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 19:54]

For your info I’ve lived and worked in wales for 40 years you tos*er,
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 20:58 - Jan 29 with 1358 viewsThurrockJack92

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 18:39 - Jan 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Keep you nose out Cockney. Swansea unlike West ham are not subsidised by the UK Government. US people and so called 'sell outs' have invested in a Convertible loan note.£13m reportedly.

What prickish statement, not allowed to support or have an opinion on the Swans unless you were born 5 minutes from the vetch it seems.
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 20:59 - Jan 29 with 1356 viewsReslovenSwan1

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 20:48 - Jan 29 by cockneyswan

For your info I’ve lived and worked in wales for 40 years you tos*er,

You ain't no propa Cockney then is you me old mukka.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:10 - Jan 29 with 1331 viewsReslovenSwan1

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 20:58 - Jan 29 by ThurrockJack92

What prickish statement, not allowed to support or have an opinion on the Swans unless you were born 5 minutes from the vetch it seems.

He / she stated

"Just to be clear the main culprits for the demise of SCFC are the sellouts and the yanks all failing to invest as promised at the time of the sale."

Fake news from the London born fan who turns up out of the blue when the club loses. Agitation and trouble making. Factually incorrect. The 'sell outs' took Swansea from nowhere to the PL in good health having told everyone they could not sustain a relegation. Now investing and sponsoring the stadium to boot.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:16 - Jan 29 with 1318 viewsChief

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:10 - Jan 29 by ReslovenSwan1

He / she stated

"Just to be clear the main culprits for the demise of SCFC are the sellouts and the yanks all failing to invest as promised at the time of the sale."

Fake news from the London born fan who turns up out of the blue when the club loses. Agitation and trouble making. Factually incorrect. The 'sell outs' took Swansea from nowhere to the PL in good health having told everyone they could not sustain a relegation. Now investing and sponsoring the stadium to boot.

Because they were a big part of the rise of the club, doesn't mean they aren't in some way also responsible for the subsequent slump.

Didn't really leave us particularly good health did they? Some very silly decisions were made towards the end of their reign (and after in their jobs) which are still handicapping us now.

Why couldn't they sustain a relegation? They didn't put any money in anyway and neither have the new owners besides loans that were supposedly required due covid, not relegation.

And no, the sellouts haven't 'invested', we think they've loaned the club money.

But yes after liberty getting free advertising for years Morgan has paid for some himself now instead.

So what Cockney said isn't actually factually inaccurate at all is it?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 21:17]

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:28 - Jan 29 with 1294 viewslifelong

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 17:38 - Jan 29 by Flashberryjack

They had plenty of chances in the second half as well.

They did.

I still thought we were the better side in the second half.
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:28 - Jan 29 with 1294 viewscockneyswan

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:10 - Jan 29 by ReslovenSwan1

He / she stated

Sellouts profited admirably for their efforts, threw the club to the wolves as soon as they had a chance to hit the bonanza screwing The Trust in the process. The yanks have recouped their outlay in a couple of years through asset stripping my club, so don’t expect anyone to believe your biased lies, out of interest how much are you getting paid by the yanks to peddle your tripe?
Login to get fewer ads

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:38 - Jan 29 with 1277 viewsguthrieintherain

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:28 - Jan 29 by cockneyswan

Sellouts profited admirably for their efforts, threw the club to the wolves as soon as they had a chance to hit the bonanza screwing The Trust in the process. The yanks have recouped their outlay in a couple of years through asset stripping my club, so don’t expect anyone to believe your biased lies, out of interest how much are you getting paid by the yanks to peddle your tripe?

Asset stripping give over.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:44 - Jan 29 with 1262 viewsChief

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:38 - Jan 29 by guthrieintherain

Asset stripping give over.

There is no evidence of that.

The trust have gone on record saying that too. Although it's also a fact that the Americans won't share the detailed accounts with the trust with them signing an NDA.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:47 - Jan 29 with 1245 viewsReslovenSwan1

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:16 - Jan 29 by Chief

Because they were a big part of the rise of the club, doesn't mean they aren't in some way also responsible for the subsequent slump.

Didn't really leave us particularly good health did they? Some very silly decisions were made towards the end of their reign (and after in their jobs) which are still handicapping us now.

Why couldn't they sustain a relegation? They didn't put any money in anyway and neither have the new owners besides loans that were supposedly required due covid, not relegation.

And no, the sellouts haven't 'invested', we think they've loaned the club money.

But yes after liberty getting free advertising for years Morgan has paid for some himself now instead.

So what Cockney said isn't actually factually inaccurate at all is it?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 21:17]

As you know the loan will not be paid back, The loan will be converted. Winter does not have the money. Convertible loan notes are for around 2 years from what I have read. Where is Winter getting £13m from to pay back the loan?

Any ideas?

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:51 - Jan 29 with 1233 viewsDr_Winston

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:44 - Jan 29 by Chief

There is no evidence of that.

The trust have gone on record saying that too. Although it's also a fact that the Americans won't share the detailed accounts with the trust with them signing an NDA.

Club have to share the detailed accounts with the auditors. It's a legal requirement. The auditors have not indicated any income taken out of the club not already registered in the published figures.

The whole "not disclosed to the Trust" thing is a bit of a dead end.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:51 - Jan 29 with 1233 viewsChief

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:47 - Jan 29 by ReslovenSwan1

As you know the loan will not be paid back, The loan will be converted. Winter does not have the money. Convertible loan notes are for around 2 years from what I have read. Where is Winter getting £13m from to pay back the loan?

Any ideas?

No I don't know. It's over a year old and still hasn't been converted.
Will it? Why the delay then? Do you it would have been converted by now had we beaten Brentford? Of course it would have.

No, the club doesn't have the money to pay it back - that's the whole problem with ladening the club with such debt.

5 years was mentioned with this CLN.

No idea, selling players off?

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:00 - Jan 29 with 1207 viewsChief

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 21:51 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

Club have to share the detailed accounts with the auditors. It's a legal requirement. The auditors have not indicated any income taken out of the club not already registered in the published figures.

The whole "not disclosed to the Trust" thing is a bit of a dead end.

Begs the question then, why the secrecy?

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:02 - Jan 29 with 1198 viewsDr_Winston

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:00 - Jan 29 by Chief

Begs the question then, why the secrecy?

Yes it does. Corporate philosophy perhaps.

Nothing untoward has ever been indicated however so there's not much point in anyone insinuating otherwise.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:09 - Jan 29 with 1182 viewsChief

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:02 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

Yes it does. Corporate philosophy perhaps.

Nothing untoward has ever been indicated however so there's not much point in anyone insinuating otherwise.

Aye, but more transparency would serve to appease some of the more apprehensive amongst us.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:13 - Jan 29 with 1177 viewsDr_Winston

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:09 - Jan 29 by Chief

Aye, but more transparency would serve to appease some of the more apprehensive amongst us.

If people can't grasp the basics of tax law there's not much the club can do that will appease them.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:16 - Jan 29 with 1172 viewsChief

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:13 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

If people can't grasp the basics of tax law there's not much the club can do that will appease them.

Indeed, which as I say is why the NDA fuss is so bizarre.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:24 - Jan 29 with 1161 viewsDr_Winston

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:16 - Jan 29 by Chief

Indeed, which as I say is why the NDA fuss is so bizarre.

Maybe the club don't trust The Trust not to blab details that are legally fine but are perhaps "politically" questionable all over the internet. It's one of those "sometimes they're their own worst enemies" moments.

I've got no dog in this fight. I'd quite like the Trust to have overall control of the club but recognise that the owners got sold a pup, made a bit of a mess to begin with but ultimately have tried their best to run us sustainably since.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:26 - Jan 29 with 1153 viewsChief

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:24 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

Maybe the club don't trust The Trust not to blab details that are legally fine but are perhaps "politically" questionable all over the internet. It's one of those "sometimes they're their own worst enemies" moments.

I've got no dog in this fight. I'd quite like the Trust to have overall control of the club but recognise that the owners got sold a pup, made a bit of a mess to begin with but ultimately have tried their best to run us sustainably since.

Well personally I wouldn't mind knowing what aspects if any are politically questionable.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:29 - Jan 29 with 1145 viewsDr_Winston

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:26 - Jan 29 by Chief

Well personally I wouldn't mind knowing what aspects if any are politically questionable.

That's a preference thing. I don't really care as long as they're not doing anything illegal, which they clearly aren't.

Can't say I love the idea of the loans, regardless of them being converted to equity or not. But without them we'd probably be subject to even more witless whining about the lack of "investment" so all in all I'll take it.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:34 - Jan 29 with 1132 viewsChief

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:29 - Jan 29 by Dr_Winston

That's a preference thing. I don't really care as long as they're not doing anything illegal, which they clearly aren't.

Can't say I love the idea of the loans, regardless of them being converted to equity or not. But without them we'd probably be subject to even more witless whining about the lack of "investment" so all in all I'll take it.

Yea but there are for example legal ways of removing money from the club that us as fans shouldn't be happy about (if it was happening) that an auditor wouldn't necessarily flag up, but someone like trust, who know the club would flag up.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:43 - Jan 29 with 1115 viewsDr_Winston

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:34 - Jan 29 by Chief

Yea but there are for example legal ways of removing money from the club that us as fans shouldn't be happy about (if it was happening) that an auditor wouldn't necessarily flag up, but someone like trust, who know the club would flag up.

If money is simply being removed from the club it would be considered as taxable income by HMRC, required to be declared as such in the accounts and signed off by the auditor.

It's one of those things that people think can happen in secret but really can't. Or at least shouldn't, legally speaking.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:43 - Jan 29 with 1113 viewsjasper_T

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:34 - Jan 29 by Chief

If we're still talking about "recouping their initial outlay" it would be blindingly obvious if that much money had gone missing. Anyone with a brain realises how costly relegation is, and the state of the club's outstanding liabilities at the time is no state secret either.
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:48 - Jan 29 with 1105 viewsChief

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 22:43 - Jan 29 by jasper_T

If we're still talking about "recouping their initial outlay" it would be blindingly obvious if that much money had gone missing. Anyone with a brain realises how costly relegation is, and the state of the club's outstanding liabilities at the time is no state secret either.

Christ no they aren't going to be squirrel away that much, never implied as such.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024