Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins 14:02 - Jan 10 with 46572 viewsJBG

Stay away from our team and hand Martin the chairmans job, you fhucking interfering knob
Huw Jenkins on 08:42 - Jan 11 with 2277 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Huw Jenkins on 16:56 - Jan 10 by trampie

Its all relative though, throughout my many decades of supporting the Swans, Swans are historically for them in a very good position.
Swans are not relegated yet, we have a fighting chance of staying up, I know lots of posters on here are fellow Swans fans but I tell you something you would not want some of the posters on here alongside you in the trenches.

It's ok having a moan in the trenches whilst being peppered with machine gun fire and mustard gas - when your commanding officer should have changed your position months ago and lessened the risk. Just a thought.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Huw Jenkins on 08:44 - Jan 11 with 2268 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Huw Jenkins on 16:44 - Jan 10 by Darran

What mess?

Fourth from bottom of the league dumped out of the cup by a league 2 side and he asks what mess?

Oh, woken up have we Einstein ????

Huw Jenkins on 08:50 - Jan 11 with 2253 viewsCooperman

I read this lot between Chievely and Leigh Delamere and oh did I chortle at some of the stuff in the proceeding 8 pages. One of the biggest 'lol's' went to the OP.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Huw Jenkins on 08:55 - Jan 11 with 2236 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Huw Jenkins on 18:54 - Jan 10 by Wingstandwood

Can someone please show me any proof that HJ is actually overseeing/in charge of our recruitment policy both past and present?
Don't get me wrong here? He is certainly no sugar-daddy i.e. handing over his own cash to fund transfers? But there has been suggestions that he is working in some form of unofficial scout capacity also?

Could it just be?...... Some of our recent dreadful signings have been simply down to the fact that SCFC has employed some sh#te scouts and has a sh#te scouting network aided and abetted by the utterly atrocious previous employment of that utterly crap Trojan horse ruination impostor combo of our previous manager/back room staff?........ KOL FFS!......

So if HJ deserves to get the blame for something its probably that? I repeat myself KOL FFS coaching in what is the richest most cut-throat businesses there is! The Premier League of all places in where failure can send a club to the wall!
[Post edited 10 Jan 2016 19:03]

Could you see Michael Laudrup signing Marvin Emness (who has never let us down - but that's not the point).

The biggest clue could be in Michael Laudrup signing a player he admitted he'd never even heard of!

Huw Jenkins on 10:02 - Jan 11 with 2179 viewsWarwickHunt

Huw Jenkins on 08:55 - Jan 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Could you see Michael Laudrup signing Marvin Emness (who has never let us down - but that's not the point).

The biggest clue could be in Michael Laudrup signing a player he admitted he'd never even heard of!

Not to mention Curt admitting it a couple of weeks ago...
Huw Jenkins on 10:53 - Jan 11 with 2131 viewswaynekerr55

Huw Jenkins on 08:50 - Jan 11 by Cooperman

I read this lot between Chievely and Leigh Delamere and oh did I chortle at some of the stuff in the proceeding 8 pages. One of the biggest 'lol's' went to the OP.

He's on track for the most down arrows ever

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Huw Jenkins on 11:15 - Jan 11 with 2097 viewsjack247

Huw Jenkins on 21:38 - Jan 10 by Flashberryjack

So you don't know what we paid for these players......do you ?
Whatever
Peanuts
Either free or nominal
Swapped
Fabianski for free
FFS

No. I was wrong about Ash, it was £400k.

Rangel cost something like £25k - peanuts.
Leon was either free with a sell on/appearance clause or a nominal fee.
Gylfi was swapped for Davies and Vorm
Fabianski was a free transfer. As was Ayew.

So that's the spine of our team for under £500k, which gives a little balance when we are complaining about paying over the odds for the likes of Eder and Tabanou. I am pretty sure you already understood the point though and just fancied getting a FFS in.
Huw Jenkins on 11:20 - Jan 11 with 2083 viewsUxbridge

Huw Jenkins on 08:14 - Jan 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Exactly . The decision to blindly apply Monk as manager without even CONSIDERING anyone else is the root of all out problems right now.

It was an idiotic gamble and to those who point to a best PL finish last year I would remind them that it's the here and now that counts, not last season. In any case, would a better qualified manager have done much worse with such a talented squad??? Norman in particular?

Edit : for Norman read KOEMAN
[Post edited 11 Jan 2016 9:00]

I generally find everyone can be proven to be right if you wait long enough. My issue with Monk last season was the style of play .. you couldn't argue with the results. Must admit I was surprised at his inability to address our slump this season though ... I expected better leadership than he showed.

As for the Huw Jenkins stuff, if you accept the plaudits when it's going well, then you have to accept the brickbats when it isn't. As a very well remunerated officer of the club, he has to be he;d accountable for the operation of the club. As for recruitment, did anyone really think this was purely left to the manager these days ... it's a collaborative approach. It's no surprise the same players get mentioned regardless of the manager, when the recruitment structure remains the same regardless. There's a whole recruitment team with the likes of Leadbetter there. The idea that Jenkins is the one spinning a tombola and picking names out at random is a bit bonkers.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins on 11:23 - Jan 11 with 2076 viewsUxbridge

Huw Jenkins on 20:43 - Jan 10 by Dr_Winston

Wednesday is as close to must win as a game can be at this stage of the season.

Quite.

6 points now would be season defining. So would 0 points.

I've been quite calm about yesterday's debacle. Wednesday is where it's at. If that goes south then it's rough times ahead.

Huw Jenkins on 11:25 - Jan 11 with 2068 viewsAngelRangelQS

Huw Jenkins on 11:15 - Jan 11 by jack247

No. I was wrong about Ash, it was £400k.

Rangel cost something like £25k - peanuts.
Leon was either free with a sell on/appearance clause or a nominal fee.
Gylfi was swapped for Davies and Vorm
Fabianski was a free transfer. As was Ayew.

So that's the spine of our team for under £500k, which gives a little balance when we are complaining about paying over the odds for the likes of Eder and Tabanou. I am pretty sure you already understood the point though and just fancied getting a FFS in.

To be fair the players that came in under Martinez were either via his contacts or Reeves' scouting.

Over the last few years we have not had value for money for our recruits in my honest opinion - certainly the ones that have come about as a result of our manager - eg Laudrup was presumably the one who wanted DeGuzman, Michu, Chico - undoubted successes (and yes I know he signed some duffers too).

Fabianski, Fernandez and Sigurdsson can be deemed to be successes, not that the latter two came cheap and arguable we knew all about Siggy too.

Begs the question as to who is recommending these players/giving the go ahead and what sort of accountability do they have?

We can't afford to simply throw money away on players who aren't up to it.
Huw Jenkins on 11:26 - Jan 11 with 2059 viewsperchrockjack

Would be churlish to disagree with that

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Huw Jenkins on 11:29 - Jan 11 with 2045 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins on 11:20 - Jan 11 by Uxbridge

I generally find everyone can be proven to be right if you wait long enough. My issue with Monk last season was the style of play .. you couldn't argue with the results. Must admit I was surprised at his inability to address our slump this season though ... I expected better leadership than he showed.

As for the Huw Jenkins stuff, if you accept the plaudits when it's going well, then you have to accept the brickbats when it isn't. As a very well remunerated officer of the club, he has to be he;d accountable for the operation of the club. As for recruitment, did anyone really think this was purely left to the manager these days ... it's a collaborative approach. It's no surprise the same players get mentioned regardless of the manager, when the recruitment structure remains the same regardless. There's a whole recruitment team with the likes of Leadbetter there. The idea that Jenkins is the one spinning a tombola and picking names out at random is a bit bonkers.

Question is just how collaborative it actually is?

Too many players have pitched up lately that a number of managers have no knowledge of or interest in for all parties to be having an equal say in the process.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins on 11:41 - Jan 11 with 2023 viewsjack247

Huw Jenkins on 11:25 - Jan 11 by AngelRangelQS

To be fair the players that came in under Martinez were either via his contacts or Reeves' scouting.

Over the last few years we have not had value for money for our recruits in my honest opinion - certainly the ones that have come about as a result of our manager - eg Laudrup was presumably the one who wanted DeGuzman, Michu, Chico - undoubted successes (and yes I know he signed some duffers too).

Fabianski, Fernandez and Sigurdsson can be deemed to be successes, not that the latter two came cheap and arguable we knew all about Siggy too.

Begs the question as to who is recommending these players/giving the go ahead and what sort of accountability do they have?

We can't afford to simply throw money away on players who aren't up to it.

Ok, so who is scouting the likes of Eder and Tabanou? Other than that, is the scouting system the problem? As others have said, Tabanou had a decent pedigree before coming here, as did Gomis. Shelvey appears to have gone backwards, Grimes was supposed to be a wonderkid, but hasn't made much impact, Naughton looked a better player at Spurs, Bartley has been here a couple of years now and just doesn't look like a footballer, even Ash and Cork have had wobbles this season.

Is recruitment the biggest issue, or is it the coaching they are getting once they are here?
Huw Jenkins on 11:45 - Jan 11 with 2015 viewsWingstandwood

Huw Jenkins on 10:02 - Jan 11 by WarwickHunt

Not to mention Curt admitting it a couple of weeks ago...

Holy shit!!!! I did not realise that and other previous posted information regarding transfer policy.....Well if HJ has taken up the role as a SCFC scout and is the one whom dictates who is to be bought/brought in than that is absolutely insanity. No wonder Laudrup lost interest? I cannot think of any club run in the same way? Any other examples out there? We're taking about a Premier League club here. Utterly surreal scenario just as bonkers employing our since departed 'managerial/coaching' staff!

Argus!

Huw Jenkins on 11:50 - Jan 11 with 1994 viewsmonmouth

Huw Jenkins on 11:41 - Jan 11 by jack247

Ok, so who is scouting the likes of Eder and Tabanou? Other than that, is the scouting system the problem? As others have said, Tabanou had a decent pedigree before coming here, as did Gomis. Shelvey appears to have gone backwards, Grimes was supposed to be a wonderkid, but hasn't made much impact, Naughton looked a better player at Spurs, Bartley has been here a couple of years now and just doesn't look like a footballer, even Ash and Cork have had wobbles this season.

Is recruitment the biggest issue, or is it the coaching they are getting once they are here?

Well that's been solved now. We have no coaches.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Huw Jenkins on 11:52 - Jan 11 with 1981 viewsUxbridge

Huw Jenkins on 11:29 - Jan 11 by Dr_Winston

Question is just how collaborative it actually is?

Too many players have pitched up lately that a number of managers have no knowledge of or interest in for all parties to be having an equal say in the process.

If the club signed someone that Monk didn't want or sign off on, then I'd agree. Laudrup clearly largely got his way given the amount of players we signed that Tutumlu represented. Ngog and Emnes aside of course, but they were supposedly squad filler anyway.

I've seen precious little evidence the manager has been marginalised in recruitment though.

Huw Jenkins on 11:55 - Jan 11 with 1971 viewsjack247

Huw Jenkins on 11:50 - Jan 11 by monmouth

Well that's been solved now. We have no coaches.

Bargain. That will work.
Huw Jenkins on 11:55 - Jan 11 with 1970 viewsUxbridge

Huw Jenkins on 11:41 - Jan 11 by jack247

Tis a good question. Is Gomis crap, misused or both? How do you reconcile the Tabanou who did well in France with the lumbering shambles we saw yesterday. Clearly recruitment went awry this summer, Ayew aside ... we've either recruited duffers or players who don't fit our profile. That needs addressing in the summer.

Huw Jenkins on 12:10 - Jan 11 with 1932 viewsswancity

Huw Jenkins on 20:43 - Jan 10 by Dr_Winston

Wednesday is as close to must win as a game can be at this stage of the season.

Certainly not a must win but I think it could be a must not lose game

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Huw Jenkins on 12:18 - Jan 11 with 1908 viewsNookiejack

I just question why is it takeing so long for us to get our transfer business done.

From attached Bournemouth have already made two signings. Time will tell whether they have over paid - but at least players are signed and can be integrated into their system. So mantle of well run club seems to have been passed on to Bournemouth. Having said that £12.5m does seem a lot for a Championship striker and if he does not come off and they get relegated - can't see how this is sustainable with 12,000 crowds.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3392770/Bournemouth-complete-1

From the fixtures we could see Sunderland and Watfrord would be key games at home in January.

It appears we need to sell Jonjo and Gomis before can bring anyone else in.

Yet Jonjo has wanted out and from all the body language looks like haggling is going on - so unlikely to get our business done until end of transfer window - when the winnable fixtures have passed us by.
Huw Jenkins on 12:24 - Jan 11 with 1891 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins on 11:55 - Jan 11 by Uxbridge

Tis a good question. Is Gomis crap, misused or both? How do you reconcile the Tabanou who did well in France with the lumbering shambles we saw yesterday. Clearly recruitment went awry this summer, Ayew aside ... we've either recruited duffers or players who don't fit our profile. That needs addressing in the summer.

Coaching has been piss poor for a good long while. Don't think there's much doubt about that.

Don't agree with you about the transfer policy though. Squad fillers or not, we're signing too many players that managers just aren't that interested in using. Seems that the board are convinced that a hands on approach from them is required, and that's just going to put reputable managers off.

A bigger club might be able to get away with it. We can't.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins on 12:28 - Jan 11 with 1875 viewsblaine_scfc

Huw Jenkins on 08:07 - Jan 11 by Brynmill_Jack

And shove that academy award up your @rse while you're at it!

Only joking Huw. I think you missed out on the nomination this year. The BAFTAS however............

Well over the top I must admit, but was absolutely fuming yesterday.

Calmed down a bit now, will be locking myself away from Planet Swans if we perform like that against Sunderland.
Huw Jenkins on 12:30 - Jan 11 with 1871 viewsBloodyhills

Huw Jenkins on 14:17 - Jan 10 by blaine_scfc

Good on him. Thanks for that Huw. Your a rich man for your successes at Swansea. I personally think the swans trust are the main reason for us still having a club after the Petty days. They should change their representative on the board aswell. HC brings nothing but bulls*it socIal media posts

You really don't seem to understand why there is a Swansea City today. If it weren't for Hugh and the others throwing there money in to save the club, and at the time there was a huge likelihood they would lose it all, then there wouldn't be a Swansea City today that we can all watch and moan about on social media. Get a fecking grip.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Huw Jenkins on 12:31 - Jan 11 with 1860 viewsperchrockjack

I agree with winton there.

Its anther reason to feel depressed .

Is there a way out with this board or are we truly fecked.

We ve got fans now going back 4 years to the abysmal Shrewsbury performance to make us feel better. Smells like teen spitit

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Huw Jenkins on 12:34 - Jan 11 with 1848 viewsblaine_scfc

Huw Jenkins on 12:30 - Jan 11 by Bloodyhills

You really don't seem to understand why there is a Swansea City today. If it weren't for Hugh and the others throwing there money in to save the club, and at the time there was a huge likelihood they would lose it all, then there wouldn't be a Swansea City today that we can all watch and moan about on social media. Get a fecking grip.

I agree, but as someone said earlier he gets a hefty salary these days so should be judged on the things he is doing now.

As my previous posts state, I was fuming yesterday and was more than over the top, but certain things need to be addressed whether we survive this season or not. Our finanials are not as rosey as some would like to think according to figures quoted on here.

I do agree though, I shouldn't have spouted off that harshly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024