Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins 14:02 - Jan 10 with 46582 viewsJBG

Stay away from our team and hand Martin the chairmans job, you fhucking interfering knob
Huw Jenkins on 20:43 - Jan 10 with 2459 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins on 20:39 - Jan 10 by whiterock

not great today but 4 pts from next two games would be very welcome. I'm sure this will get worse should we get anything less

Wednesday is as close to must win as a game can be at this stage of the season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins on 20:50 - Jan 10 with 2428 viewswaynekerr55

Huw Jenkins on 20:43 - Jan 10 by Dr_Winston

Wednesday is as close to must win as a game can be at this stage of the season.

Massive game. Hope the stadium is bouncing. I hope everyone keeps the rancour for the message boards and get behind the team.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Huw Jenkins on 20:52 - Jan 10 with 2405 viewsLoyal

Huw Jenkins on 20:50 - Jan 10 by waynekerr55

Massive game. Hope the stadium is bouncing. I hope everyone keeps the rancour for the message boards and get behind the team.

It has to be so Wayne.
We have to call for reinforcements and we have to make a noise.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Huw Jenkins on 20:56 - Jan 10 with 2366 viewswaynekerr55

Huw Jenkins on 20:52 - Jan 10 by Loyal

It has to be so Wayne.
We have to call for reinforcements and we have to make a noise.

We have to score first - I do fancy us mind. Big Sam generally doesn't do attacking in away games.

Huw Jenkins on 20:57 - Jan 10 with 2366 viewsjack247

Huw Jenkins on 20:25 - Jan 10 by Dr_Winston

We swapped our first choice LB and a Dutch international keeper for a player Spurs didn't want any more. Still amazes me that people think we got the best of that deal. Levy must have been laughing for days.

Still, this is wildly OTT. Obviously a lot of mistakes have been made lately with hubris and arrogance taking the place of simple common sense, and I suppose the attempts to sell a big lump of the club whilst leaving the Trust swinging has left a bad taste in the mouths of many, but they don't deserve the kind of abuse flying around tonight.

Well no, not quite.

We swapped a keeper who wouldn't have been happy playing second fiddle to the superior Fabianski and a left back who was better than Taylor going forward, worse than him defensively. I'd say Ben was the better player overall, but he wasn't miles ahead. At the time, Taylor wasn't getting any football, wanted to leave and would probably have gone for a million tops.

We brought in a quality player in a position we desperately needed to strengthen after Michu had started to unravel.

From Spurs point of view, they had an abundance of attacking central midfielders, needed a back up keeper and a left back who could compete for a first team place.

Neither team did badly out of that, we both improved areas that needed improving without seriously weakening anywhere else.
Huw Jenkins on 20:58 - Jan 10 with 2339 viewsHumpty

Huw Jenkins on 20:25 - Jan 10 by Dr_Winston

We swapped our first choice LB and a Dutch international keeper for a player Spurs didn't want any more. Still amazes me that people think we got the best of that deal. Levy must have been laughing for days.

Still, this is wildly OTT. Obviously a lot of mistakes have been made lately with hubris and arrogance taking the place of simple common sense, and I suppose the attempts to sell a big lump of the club whilst leaving the Trust swinging has left a bad taste in the mouths of many, but they don't deserve the kind of abuse flying around tonight.

A Dutch international keeper who had been pretty poor for quite some time. Much happier with our Polish international keeper.
Huw Jenkins on 20:59 - Jan 10 with 2314 viewswaynekerr55

Huw Jenkins on 20:58 - Jan 10 by Humpty

A Dutch international keeper who had been pretty poor for quite some time. Much happier with our Polish international keeper.

Too true Hump. Vorm wasn't the same post Groin rupture against Citeh

Huw Jenkins on 21:00 - Jan 10 with 2297 viewsDr_Winston

In a summer where a not vastly superior Luke Shaw went for £27m we got done. Plain and simple. same as selling Bony for a good £5m too little.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins on 21:03 - Jan 10 with 2270 viewsPhil_S

Huw Jenkins on 21:00 - Jan 10 by Dr_Winston

In a summer where a not vastly superior Luke Shaw went for £27m we got done. Plain and simple. same as selling Bony for a good £5m too little.

Sadly Bony wanted out, Man City offered the best deal they were prepared to. He wanted to go there, his agent wanted him to go there, player power won the day.

English players are always vastly overvalued and paid for in the domestic transfer market.

Sorry I should probably say British players as I would include the likes of Joe Allen in that too
Huw Jenkins on 21:05 - Jan 10 with 2257 viewsChief

bunch of ungrateful waankers.

1 iffy season in 10 ffs man up

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Huw Jenkins on 21:10 - Jan 10 with 2233 viewswaynekerr55

Huw Jenkins on 21:05 - Jan 10 by Chief

bunch of ungrateful waankers.

1 iffy season in 10 ffs man up

Chief, isn't this the complete polar opposite?

Are we f*cked? No
Is everything rosy? No

I think everyone has a right to ask questions. F*ck me what do people expect after board members peddle the myth that it's "by fans, for fans" when they intimated that it's not in the interests of the trust to have a 25% stake? And when they've overseen a chimps tea party of a replacement for Monk...

I'd agree some is excessive, but when you're drawing down 6 figures and taking healthy dividends, one has to take the rough with the smooth.

Most rational fans will forever be grateful for chasing Petty out of town, but that can't just be used as a carte blanche get out of jail card when people cock up.

Huw Jenkins on 21:17 - Jan 10 with 2195 viewsChief

Huw Jenkins on 21:10 - Jan 10 by waynekerr55

Chief, isn't this the complete polar opposite?

Are we f*cked? No
Is everything rosy? No

I think everyone has a right to ask questions. F*ck me what do people expect after board members peddle the myth that it's "by fans, for fans" when they intimated that it's not in the interests of the trust to have a 25% stake? And when they've overseen a chimps tea party of a replacement for Monk...

I'd agree some is excessive, but when you're drawing down 6 figures and taking healthy dividends, one has to take the rough with the smooth.

Most rational fans will forever be grateful for chasing Petty out of town, but that can't just be used as a carte blanche get out of jail card when people cock up.

ask questions yes, complacency wont help anyone.

but to suggest he should just walk away coz we are having 1 struggling season is a joke, a complete and utter faakin joke

Huw Jenkins on 21:19 - Jan 10 with 2174 viewsjack247

Fair play to JBG. Don't think I've ever see a -24 before
Huw Jenkins on 21:22 - Jan 10 with 2155 viewsNeath_Jack

Huw Jenkins on 21:19 - Jan 10 by jack247

I'm sure Rancid had a -20 something for his rant about JDG last season.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Huw Jenkins on 21:23 - Jan 10 with 2148 viewswaynekerr55

Huw Jenkins on 21:17 - Jan 10 by Chief

ask questions yes, complacency wont help anyone.

but to suggest he should just walk away coz we are having 1 struggling season is a joke, a complete and utter faakin joke

Football...

Bloody Hell!

As that girl from Black Eyed Peas once said

Huw Jenkins on 21:24 - Jan 10 with 2145 viewswaynekerr55

Huw Jenkins on 21:19 - Jan 10 by jack247

He did get 1 up arrow though...

Huw Jenkins on 21:27 - Jan 10 with 2120 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins on 21:22 - Jan 10 by Neath_Jack

I'm sure Rancid had a -20 something for his rant about JDG last season.

More like a -50.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins on 21:28 - Jan 10 with 2120 viewsChief

Huw Jenkins on 21:23 - Jan 10 by waynekerr55

Football...

Bloody Hell!

As that girl from Black Eyed Peas once said

Where is the love?

Huw Jenkins on 21:29 - Jan 10 with 2111 viewswaynekerr55

Huw Jenkins on 21:28 - Jan 10 by Chief

Where is the love?

Not in Skewen at the moment

Huw Jenkins on 21:38 - Jan 10 with 2073 viewsFlashberryjack

Huw Jenkins on 14:29 - Jan 10 by jack247

£0 for Fabianski
Gylfi effectively swapped for a youth academy product
£2m for Michu
£200k or whatever it was for Ash
Peanuts for Rangel
Leon was either free or nominal

We aren't going to get it right every time, we aren't going to get it wrong every time.

So you don't know what we paid for these players......do you ?
Whatever
Peanuts
Either free or nominal
Swapped
Fabianski for free
FFS

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Huw Jenkins on 22:13 - Jan 10 with 1977 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Huw Jenkins on 18:47 - Jan 10 by PozuelosSideys

If and when we stay up this season, this thread will be getting bumped no doubt, and some people are going to look right mugs.

Lets see what happens Wednesday eh? Thats the real business.

No sh!t.

Today sucked, but we lost a cup tie with 7 or 8 players (including our ENTIRE back 5) who probably won't see the 1st team the rest of the season, barring injuries. So what? All today proved was that we can't afford a lot of injuries, and I think we already knew that.

Lay another egg Wednesday, and only then am I on board with the mass panic. But I'm expecting a showing much more like ALL the rest of the league fixtures we've played under AC.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2016 22:16]

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Huw Jenkins on 22:34 - Jan 10 with 1936 viewsjack247

Huw Jenkins on 21:00 - Jan 10 by Dr_Winston

£27m wasn't market value. United paid way over the odds. Although not vastly superior, he was better than Davies or Taylor at the time and in the top bracket of players in his position. Even if you take it as market value and assume Davies was worth that kind of amount, you have to apply the same logic to Gylfi.

Yes, we did get done on the Bony deal.
Huw Jenkins on 07:58 - Jan 11 with 1744 viewstrampie

Huw Jenkins on 18:32 - Jan 10 by dgt73

Absolutely- this forum is becoming so negative it's unreal.
That's me finished on here for this season- way, way, way to much negative waves.

You are right about the negativity displayed by lots on this board but all the same you Brit Nat lightweight mongrel types need to man up like us pure blood Welshmen.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Huw Jenkins on 08:07 - Jan 11 with 1737 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Huw Jenkins on 14:05 - Jan 10 by blaine_scfc

Seconded.

Failed business man trying to run a premier league football clubs recruitment. F*ck off and take your MBE and your dividends payments with you
[Post edited 10 Jan 2016 21:22]

And shove that academy award up your @rse while you're at it!

Only joking Huw. I think you missed out on the nomination this year. The BAFTAS however............

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Huw Jenkins on 08:14 - Jan 11 with 1718 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Huw Jenkins on 14:33 - Jan 10 by WarwickHunt

Fabianski was a high profile PL keeper touted around by his agent.

Put some dates to the rest of those names and the penny might just drop...

Exactly . The decision to blindly apply Monk as manager without even CONSIDERING anyone else is the root of all out problems right now.

It was an idiotic gamble and to those who point to a best PL finish last year I would remind them that it's the here and now that counts, not last season. In any case, would a better qualified manager have done much worse with such a talented squad??? Norman in particular?

Edit : for Norman read KOEMAN
[Post edited 11 Jan 2016 9:00]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024