Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins 14:02 - Jan 10 with 46575 viewsJBG

Stay away from our team and hand Martin the chairmans job, you fhucking interfering knob
Huw Jenkins on 12:37 - Jan 11 with 2287 viewsmax936

Huw Jenkins on 12:10 - Jan 11 by swancity

Certainly not a must win but I think it could be a must not lose game

Nige, do you really believe half the tripe you post in here, dear me of course it's a must win they're our direct rivals lose this one and the wheels will well and truly come off and drawing isn't an option either, we really have got to win, lose it and the chance of any result against Watford is gone, we need 4 points minium from these 2 games.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2016 12:44]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Huw Jenkins on 12:42 - Jan 11 with 2263 viewsUxbridge

Huw Jenkins on 12:24 - Jan 11 by Dr_Winston

Coaching has been piss poor for a good long while. Don't think there's much doubt about that.

Don't agree with you about the transfer policy though. Squad fillers or not, we're signing too many players that managers just aren't that interested in using. Seems that the board are convinced that a hands on approach from them is required, and that's just going to put reputable managers off.

A bigger club might be able to get away with it. We can't.

Didn't Monk say he wanted 2 players for every position, or did I dream that?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Huw Jenkins on 12:46 - Jan 11 with 2238 viewsBloodyhills

Huw Jenkins on 17:08 - Jan 10 by Borojack

This isnt the trenches ithough ts an internet forum where a collection of like minded Swans fans vent there frustrationa and generally talk bollox.

LoL, am not so sure about 'like minded' except that we all want our club to do well.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Huw Jenkins on 12:47 - Jan 11 with 2233 viewsWingstandwood

Huw Jenkins on 12:24 - Jan 11 by Dr_Winston

Coaching has been piss poor for a good long while. Don't think there's much doubt about that.

Don't agree with you about the transfer policy though. Squad fillers or not, we're signing too many players that managers just aren't that interested in using. Seems that the board are convinced that a hands on approach from them is required, and that's just going to put reputable managers off.

A bigger club might be able to get away with it. We can't.

Coaching?......Apparently I've been told that a good tried-and-tested barometer of team performance, standards and capability is Swansea Sound's Anthony O' Connel? He is very partisan in his commentary style, and readily shows his dissatisfaction, criticism and frustration, he makes no attempt to hide it.

Apparently under Monk and his goons? Mr O' Connel had been very critical about a lot of stuff. Stuff like ineffective SCFC player input at corners, lack of attacking ability i.e. repeated passing the ball among the back four with no end product, lack of pace and predictable one dimensional moving of the ball up field where the opposition would automatically close down and get behind the ball with ease. But hey apparently Monk could not put his finger on it? Too right the coaching was piss poor!

Argus!

Huw Jenkins on 12:49 - Jan 11 with 2227 viewsJackanapes

I wonder what the brains trust proposes for an alternative to our current situation.
s.w.a.n.t.
Special weapons and no tactics
"We need to change everything."
"Agreed, but to what "
"Fk knows but we need to change"
"ok"
[Post edited 11 Jan 2016 12:50]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Huw Jenkins on 12:50 - Jan 11 with 2220 viewsperchrockjack

Max.
No he doesn't

He d rather rip into dickheads like me who tell it as it really is without fear of being torn asunder by fellow internet jerks.

As I SAY, you can post anything on here, lies /truth/ bollox or simply wind ups. The reader is in no real position to judge. If he does, or thinks he can ,then he is as we "scoucers/scousers" say -a complete fookn w@anker

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Huw Jenkins on 12:50 - Jan 11 with 2216 viewsBloodyhills

Huw Jenkins on 18:44 - Jan 10 by vetchonian

I think those that compare to the blacker times do so trying to get some people on here to get some perspective .listening to most on here we are already as good as relegated yet we still have 18 games to go. Our form of late has improved and yes we could do with some player additions but the window has only been open for a week.
Yes we lost today but with a team that has hardly played together against an in form team who are used to playing with each for half a season.
When we win on Wednsady what will be the issue then?

A reasonable voice among the madness. :-)

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Huw Jenkins on 12:54 - Jan 11 with 2205 viewsThornburyswan

Huw Jenkins on 12:10 - Jan 11 by swancity

Certainly not a must win but I think it could be a must not lose game

With 17 matches to go after Wednesday you, of course, are right but a win & 3pts wouldn't half make the Watford match more enjoyable!
Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins on 12:54 - Jan 11 with 2205 viewsFlashberryjack

Huw Jenkins on 11:15 - Jan 11 by jack247

No. I was wrong about Ash, it was £400k.

Rangel cost something like £25k - peanuts.
Leon was either free with a sell on/appearance clause or a nominal fee.
Gylfi was swapped for Davies and Vorm
Fabianski was a free transfer. As was Ayew.

So that's the spine of our team for under £500k, which gives a little balance when we are complaining about paying over the odds for the likes of Eder and Tabanou. I am pretty sure you already understood the point though and just fancied getting a FFS in.

Britton re-signed for Swansea City for what the Blades described as an "undisclosed fee" during the January transfer window despite the Swans insisting no fee was involved.[8] The fee was clause based and included up to £400,000 depending on appearances and Swansea's promotion to the Premier League.

Ashley Williams cost us £420,000 + what we paid Stockport for the removal of his sell on clause, reportedly as being between £3,000 + £200,00.

Fabianski & Ayew were free.......Really!!

Gylfi........ Davies & Vorm what was the joint value of them at the time, £9 million ?

Rangel. £25,000 wasn't peanuts for us at the time.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Huw Jenkins on 12:55 - Jan 11 with 2190 viewsBloodyhills

Huw Jenkins on 21:00 - Jan 10 by Dr_Winston

In a summer where a not vastly superior Luke Shaw went for £27m we got done. Plain and simple. same as selling Bony for a good £5m too little.

It's because English players are overpriced, hopefully this will be the case if Shelvey goes.

Huw Jenkins on 13:03 - Jan 11 with 2162 viewsBloodyhills

Huw Jenkins on 10:53 - Jan 11 by waynekerr55

He's on track for the most down arrows ever

Is there an award for that like there is for poster of the year?

Maybe some sort of inverse life time achievement award.

Huw Jenkins on 13:05 - Jan 11 with 2157 viewsBloodyhills

Huw Jenkins on 11:55 - Jan 11 by Uxbridge

Tis a good question. Is Gomis crap, misused or both? How do you reconcile the Tabanou who did well in France with the lumbering shambles we saw yesterday. Clearly recruitment went awry this summer, Ayew aside ... we've either recruited duffers or players who don't fit our profile. That needs addressing in the summer.

I think some of the players have motivational problems, rather then them being utter gash.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2016 13:18]

Huw Jenkins on 13:14 - Jan 11 with 2131 viewsBloodyhills

Huw Jenkins on 12:34 - Jan 11 by blaine_scfc

I agree, but as someone said earlier he gets a hefty salary these days so should be judged on the things he is doing now.

As my previous posts state, I was fuming yesterday and was more than over the top, but certain things need to be addressed whether we survive this season or not. Our finanials are not as rosey as some would like to think according to figures quoted on here.

I do agree though, I shouldn't have spouted off that harshly.

Sure the board should not be above criticism and seem to have made a hash of things it's just that I think, particularly the OP is a bit OTT.

I can understand writing posts while still fuming though. I don't think I stopped swearing until late evening yesterday.

Huw Jenkins on 13:14 - Jan 11 with 2134 viewsjack247

Huw Jenkins on 12:54 - Jan 11 by Flashberryjack

Britton re-signed for Swansea City for what the Blades described as an "undisclosed fee" during the January transfer window despite the Swans insisting no fee was involved.[8] The fee was clause based and included up to £400,000 depending on appearances and Swansea's promotion to the Premier League.

Ashley Williams cost us £420,000 + what we paid Stockport for the removal of his sell on clause, reportedly as being between £3,000 + £200,00.

Fabianski & Ayew were free.......Really!!

Gylfi........ Davies & Vorm what was the joint value of them at the time, £9 million ?

Rangel. £25,000 wasn't peanuts for us at the time.

Yeah fair enough on Leon, I had forgotten about the Sheffield United episode.

Other than that, Ash was £400k, Fab and Ayew were frees. Yes I know they probably had nice signing on fees. Gylfi was a swap for Ben Davies and Vorm (who had cost us £1.5m between them and were replaced in the team by Fab and Taylor). Not sure why you called out 'swapped' in your first post as if it was a mistake? £25k wasn't peanuts to us then, but that's not the point. It's peanuts now and he is still in the team.

It's all semantics anyway, if you are trying to argue that those players weren't all picked up incredibly cheaply, consider how much we got for Joe Allen.
Huw Jenkins on 13:27 - Jan 11 with 2084 viewsmonmouth

Huw Jenkins on 12:42 - Jan 11 by Uxbridge

Didn't Monk say he wanted 2 players for every position, or did I dream that?

I thought that was a flawed strategy at the time and still do. He did say it though. My view is that you should have a settled first team and equivalent cover/rotation in core spine only. The rest should be filled by development spots. Can't get there straight away as you need to trust your academy, but two first team players for every spot leads to expensive stockpiling and unhappy players, plus no development pathway (Tabanou might stop the next Ben Davies getting a game for example, whilst still not playing and moaning) that will eventually impact on team spirit imo.

I fully understand alternative views, but I think the approach has diluted quality and caused unrest. It really is true that sometimes, less is more.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Huw Jenkins on 13:41 - Jan 11 with 2051 viewsfbreath

I think Huw should get all the players to watch Jack to a king again, that will sort it

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Huw Jenkins on 13:47 - Jan 11 with 2020 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins on 13:27 - Jan 11 by monmouth

I thought that was a flawed strategy at the time and still do. He did say it though. My view is that you should have a settled first team and equivalent cover/rotation in core spine only. The rest should be filled by development spots. Can't get there straight away as you need to trust your academy, but two first team players for every spot leads to expensive stockpiling and unhappy players, plus no development pathway (Tabanou might stop the next Ben Davies getting a game for example, whilst still not playing and moaning) that will eventually impact on team spirit imo.

I fully understand alternative views, but I think the approach has diluted quality and caused unrest. It really is true that sometimes, less is more.

The main reason I was against signing more strikers. Whatever happens all bar one of them would have been kicking their heels on the bench or in the stiffs.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins on 14:14 - Jan 11 with 1932 viewsUxbridge

Tend to agree, but my point was about the player acquisition strategy being at the very least partly driven by the manager, so these stories of impositions just don't stack up.

Agree with you on the academy issue though. Thought Kingsley looked solid yesterday. Shephard not so much, but then with the clusterfck next to him I'm not going to write him off just yet ... he looked comfortable enough on the ball.

Think our whole squad and recruitment strategy needs review this summer.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Huw Jenkins on 15:17 - Jan 11 with 1855 viewsJBG

Where do you lot get it from "huw saved the club" my arse, get the facts straight Jenkins was saved by SCFC FACT
Huw Jenkins on 15:24 - Jan 11 with 1833 viewsmax936

Huw Jenkins on 14:14 - Jan 11 by Uxbridge

Tend to agree, but my point was about the player acquisition strategy being at the very least partly driven by the manager, so these stories of impositions just don't stack up.

Agree with you on the academy issue though. Thought Kingsley looked solid yesterday. Shephard not so much, but then with the clusterfck next to him I'm not going to write him off just yet ... he looked comfortable enough on the ball.

Think our whole squad and recruitment strategy needs review this summer.

Thing is, is that we'll let most go on a free just to fukem off, that won't help us to re-build the squad, can we honestly expect to get the million we paid for Bartley back, or the nearly 2 mill we paid for Grimes, 5 mill for Eder or Naughton, plus the coin paid out for others, I'll be very surprised if Shelvey goes for anything like 10 or 12 million either tbh.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Huw Jenkins on 15:30 - Jan 11 with 1807 viewsdobjack2

Huw Jenkins on 13:47 - Jan 11 by Dr_Winston

The main reason I was against signing more strikers. Whatever happens all bar one of them would have been kicking their heels on the bench or in the stiffs.

Take your point but Eder had no goal scoring record to shout about so going into the season with just him and Gomis was a massive risk. My concern was that he was bought as a back up and not to provide real competition for Gomis. That meant we were relying on one player up front producing all season.

I know you felt that Ayew could play up front in an emergency, we have hit that emergency as Gomis is misfiring and Eder just needs firing.
Huw Jenkins on 15:38 - Jan 11 with 1783 viewsBloodyhills

Huw Jenkins on 15:17 - Jan 11 by JBG

Where do you lot get it from "huw saved the club" my arse, get the facts straight Jenkins was saved by SCFC FACT

Writing the word fact in upper case does not make it a fact.

Loads of people including the board member played a part in the saving of the club at different times over the years but to say Huw had no part in saving the club is just wrong.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2016 15:40]

Huw Jenkins on 15:39 - Jan 11 with 1779 viewstrampie

You can only have 7 on the bench therefore if you have 2 top players for every position and have a full squad to pick from you have 4 top players that are uninjured and not suspended not even in the matchday squad.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Huw Jenkins on 15:44 - Jan 11 with 1763 viewsLoyal

Huw Jenkins on 15:38 - Jan 11 by Bloodyhills

Writing the word fact in upper case does not make it a fact.

Loads of people including the board member played a part in the saving of the club at different times over the years but to say Huw had no part in saving the club is just wrong.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2016 15:40]

Maybe he means he didn't do anything to get the club to a position that it could have a board, Imdoubt it but I'm giving him the benefit, and that statement I also agree with. Much of the pushing was done by specific supporters groups and Dineen initially. Without that Jenks and co wouldn't have been in a position to be a part of the later formed board.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Huw Jenkins on 15:45 - Jan 11 with 1755 viewsStarsky

Huw Jenkins on 15:44 - Jan 11 by Loyal

Maybe he means he didn't do anything to get the club to a position that it could have a board, Imdoubt it but I'm giving him the benefit, and that statement I also agree with. Much of the pushing was done by specific supporters groups and Dineen initially. Without that Jenks and co wouldn't have been in a position to be a part of the later formed board.

Don't forget Mel Nurse

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024