Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 08:58 - Sep 30 with 19062 viewsNotLoyal

DERBY COUNTY V SWANSEA CITY MATCHDAY THREAD

Prutton’s pear shaped predictions
Derby are back into plus points! It is such a credit to Wayne Rooney and his players that they are remaining positive and still picking up results. Swansea were well beaten by Fulham in midweek. They remain a little bit inconsistent in the early stages of Russell Martin’s tenure as he tries to rebuild the side, and I think they could come unstuck again here.

Derby County Championship form:
DLDWLW
Swansea City Championship form:
LDDDWL

Prutton predicts: 1-0

Derby County: Ryan Allsop, Nathan Byrne, Craig Forsyth, Graeme Shinnie, Max Bird, Tom Lawrence (captain), Ravel Morrison, Richard Stearman, Curtis Davies, Jack Stratton, Jason Knight.

Substitutes: Kelle Roos, Kamil Jozwiak, Louie Sibley, Lee Buchanan, Louie Watson, Dylan Williams, Festy Ebosele.

Swansea City: Ben Hamer; Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Ryan Manning; Joel Latibeaudiere, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Korey Smith, Jamie Paterson; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Jay Fulton, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Ethan Laird, Liam Walsh, Rhys Williams.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55937/russell-martin-emp

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:59 - Oct 2 with 1043 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:51 - Oct 2 by max936

Shut up you self righteous boring t..t. You’re on here virtually every hour of the day spouting your pointless drivel, go and bore another clubs forum, you obviously don’t work or sleep, your a sad individual sitting in his bedsit Googling pointless stats, help is on its way, just reach out
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 19:04]

Are you ok? You sound a little emotional.

No amount of abuse will stop me giving my view though unfortunately. But I certainly appreciate the effort you went to.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:59 - Oct 2 with 1047 viewslondonlisa2001

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:48 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

We were 2nd when we signed Gylfi on loan in January.

He improved us but not sure I would say we “needed” him as such. Dobbie was providing the link between midfield and attack, as was Pratley to be fair. Both extremely successfully.

But this team doesn’t have that person, I agree.

We were in the premier league when we signed him.

You’re thinking of Borini.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:00 - Oct 2 with 1037 viewsTreforys_Jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:28 - Oct 2 by AndyCole

And bang on cue, the bully boy(s) are back out, freshly buoyed from their vacations.

Will be interesting to see how this evening pans out, with no-shows no doubt from the usual clapping trolls........those that always accuse others, and get the clapper to clap, incoherently......intoxed(ly)......

The only one on vacation was you after we beat Huddersfield. You've been asked a few questions you're ignoring , who did you play for, what was your former username on here if you had one, why didn't you post after the Huddersfield game.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:00 - Oct 2 with 1023 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:59 - Oct 2 by londonlisa2001

We were in the premier league when we signed him.

You’re thinking of Borini.

Very true. The years are playing tricks.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:02 - Oct 2 with 1010 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:48 - Oct 2 by 34dfgdf54

And had Ayew who was on the books to replace them.

We haven’t got that.

We have Piroe.

Who scored more at this point of the season than Ayew did in that one.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:04 - Oct 2 with 1008 views34dfgdf54

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:02 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

We have Piroe.

Who scored more at this point of the season than Ayew did in that one.

Nowhere near the same level as Ayew, nor should we expect him to be yet.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:05 - Oct 2 with 1001 viewsjasper_T

"I thought Korey Smith done great today"

Baffling.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:08 - Oct 2 with 988 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:04 - Oct 2 by 34dfgdf54

Nowhere near the same level as Ayew, nor should we expect him to be yet.

We are talking about losing goals, he didn’t say anything about his opinion on players being better. If that’s the case the Cooper can make that same case about McBurnie and Dan James.

So the effect discussed will become apparent by their direct goal contributions I guess.

Piroe scored 5 in our first 11 games, Ayew scored 2.

I’ll have to look for assists and add total goal contributions, but still think Piroe is ahead.

Login to get fewer ads

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:08 - Oct 2 with 989 viewsTreforys_Jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:05 - Oct 2 by jasper_T

"I thought Korey Smith done great today"

Baffling.

He's useful to throw on when protecting a lead, but in a forward role, I'm genuinely baffled tbf.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:11 - Oct 2 with 973 viewsAndyCole

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:55 - Oct 2 by KeithHaynes

Flair players are hard to find, we have two in Downes and Ntcham, but they need more direction, especially Downes.

Downes ain't no flair player, where we need flair players.

He's a deep sitting DCM with a deft touch (and does, now, look class fair play).

They all need direction. Martin is clearly lacking in that space. Maybe LT10 can advise (though I now see him too distancing himself from brand Martin).

Paterson is our only breath of fresh air right now. He ain't flair either, a Bergkamp B-, which in itself is a massive bonus on what we had last year in that space (aside from MGW).

We need a canny blend of pragmatic flair. As we have before.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:23 - Oct 2 with 921 viewsJackDragon

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:53 - Oct 2 by AndyCole

After all the unprecedented levels (at this level) invested so far on Brand Martin ? Under the stewardship of the Jenkinistas ?

You expect us to spend even more, NOW on Brand Martin (The Jenkinstsas are already out on a limb) on a Gylfi ? At what price? Bonkers, entitled, delusional.

Or just another hapless happy clapper....

Not a "hapless happy clapper" Mr Cole. Just offering my opinion on the type of player I think would give us that extra impetus in the final third to turn todays point (against a team who would be just outside the playoff positions but for points deductions) into 3. I also don't expect us to throw untold money at it. STID
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:26 - Oct 2 with 912 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It is interesting, I just watched the Premier version of this game.
Brighton dominated Arsenal
58% possession
21 Shots to Arsenal's 8.
2 on Target.
0:0 draw.
Mr Potter has the same result.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:27 - Oct 2 with 912 viewsjackrabbit

Just watched Brighton 0 Arsenal 0

That’s 3 hours of football without espying a single goal.

Sometimes football can be a bit of a dirge
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:32 - Oct 2 with 897 viewsmax936

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:59 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Are you ok? You sound a little emotional.

No amount of abuse will stop me giving my view though unfortunately. But I certainly appreciate the effort you went to.

It’s not your opinion it’s your insistence that it’s facts, it’s only facts in your own deluded mind, you crack on Butty,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:33 - Oct 2 with 891 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:32 - Oct 2 by max936

It’s not your opinion it’s your insistence that it’s facts, it’s only facts in your own deluded mind, you crack on Butty,

Which part of my view do you not feel is a fact Maxwell?

The only parts I claim are facts, are the facts.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:36 - Oct 2 with 887 viewsAndyCole

Precisely how much more do some folk want to see us spend ?!

Unprecedented levels already. And we're still languishing in the bottom tranche, and getting ever more bottomer. Whilst at the same time Cooper leapfrogs us and pushes us further bottomer. Couldn't make it up.

And yet our proven, successful ex-manager had to make to do with B-grade from MLS. Bonkers. When, without a shadow of doubt we coulda, woulda, shoulda got promoted, with a Piroe, (who was always on Cooper's radar) yet denied by Hapless Winter.

In Winter, we cannot possibly Trust. Fraud of a CEO. Watch this space, seriously..............

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:49 - Oct 2 with 864 viewsmax936

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:36 - Oct 2 by AndyCole

Precisely how much more do some folk want to see us spend ?!

Unprecedented levels already. And we're still languishing in the bottom tranche, and getting ever more bottomer. Whilst at the same time Cooper leapfrogs us and pushes us further bottomer. Couldn't make it up.

And yet our proven, successful ex-manager had to make to do with B-grade from MLS. Bonkers. When, without a shadow of doubt we coulda, woulda, shoulda got promoted, with a Piroe, (who was always on Cooper's radar) yet denied by Hapless Winter.

In Winter, we cannot possibly Trust. Fraud of a CEO. Watch this space, seriously..............

Here’s another bellend, some have the gonads to save us from this Cooper drivel, please.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:54 - Oct 2 with 852 viewsDr_Parnassus

Didn’t think I’d get an answer.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:03 - Oct 2 with 835 viewsTreforys_Jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:54 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Didn’t think I’d get an answer.

Didn't think I'd get one either.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:05 - Oct 2 with 833 viewsChief

I am worried about our lack of goals.

Even with Paterson having a fantastic performance today we still couldn't give our striker a single chance. And same with Laird in previous weeks. Looks superb but it isn't converted into goals.

Martin isn't known in my eyes as an attacking coach, but as a possession coach. Well he's already achieved that with, we dominate possession every week even against the top teams, and the players generally look comfortable with it it now - the defensive gifts are less already.

So how does it change to get us more goals? Personnel? Well realistically there's only Whittaker who could play more.

Change the system? But we've got rid of all the wingers. Play an extra attacking midfielder? But we don't have any. Could we sign one in January? Who's place in the team does he take?

Difficult to see at the moment how this changes to me.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:22 - Oct 2 with 801 viewsmajorraglan

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:05 - Oct 2 by Chief

Even with Paterson having a fantastic performance today we still couldn't give our striker a single chance. And same with Laird in previous weeks. Looks superb but it isn't converted into goals.

Martin isn't known in my eyes as an attacking coach, but as a possession coach. Well he's already achieved that with, we dominate possession every week even against the top teams, and the players generally look comfortable with it it now - the defensive gifts are less already.

So how does it change to get us more goals? Personnel? Well realistically there's only Whittaker who could play more.

Change the system? But we've got rid of all the wingers. Play an extra attacking midfielder? But we don't have any. Could we sign one in January? Who's place in the team does he take?

You have to hope there’s someone at the club (someone like Mark Allen) who can see the problem and that there are regular discussions and reviews in relation to team performances etc and a pathway forward.

It’s early days and I’d rather be in the Swans position than Cardiff’s who are seemingly in free fall.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:32 - Oct 2 with 774 viewsAndyCole

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:00 - Oct 2 by Treforys_Jack

The only one on vacation was you after we beat Huddersfield. You've been asked a few questions you're ignoring , who did you play for, what was your former username on here if you had one, why didn't you post after the Huddersfield game.

I normally can't be arsed with replying to the incessant trolling on here, however in your case I will make an exception, as you don't seem to resort to the usual vile bullying tactics of the herd.

If you think posters like me, with an alternative view to the masses, feels entitled to reply in kind to people like you, you are truly delusional. Always.

The good Dr.P is remarkably polite, patient and understanding with folk like you, who are simply unable to get it. And hats off to him as The Best Poster on these here forums.

For me, I neither have the time nor inclination to be as polite as the good Dr.P. So, take this as a polite response to the fact you actually expect a response to your ongoing, bullying type questioning.

Get over yourself, in downtown salubrious Morristown.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:33 - Oct 2 with 770 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:05 - Oct 2 by Chief

Get there quicker so that the opposition haven't got 10 men in the penalty area.
Get the players around the penalty to shoot at the goal.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:34 - Oct 2 with 765 viewsTreforys_Jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:32 - Oct 2 by AndyCole

I normally can't be arsed with replying to the incessant trolling on here, however in your case I will make an exception, as you don't seem to resort to the usual vile bullying tactics of the herd.

If you think posters like me, with an alternative view to the masses, feels entitled to reply in kind to people like you, you are truly delusional. Always.

The good Dr.P is remarkably polite, patient and understanding with folk like you, who are simply unable to get it. And hats off to him as The Best Poster on these here forums.

For me, I neither have the time nor inclination to be as polite as the good Dr.P. So, take this as a polite response to the fact you actually expect a response to your ongoing, bullying type questioning.

Get over yourself, in downtown salubrious Morristown.

So no answer to why you didn't post after we won, yet when we lose, you're all over it. I'll tell you something , your manner wouldn't cut it in the real world, thank god for the Internet eh !!
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 20:41]
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:38 - Oct 2 with 754 viewsBobblehat

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:33 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Which part of my view do you not feel is a fact Maxwell?

The only parts I claim are facts, are the facts.

Here’s a fact for you, we’re only 2 wins off 7th place🤨 the thing is you’re to negative to even think of that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024