Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 08:58 - Sep 30 with 18894 viewsNotLoyal

DERBY COUNTY V SWANSEA CITY MATCHDAY THREAD

Prutton’s pear shaped predictions
Derby are back into plus points! It is such a credit to Wayne Rooney and his players that they are remaining positive and still picking up results. Swansea were well beaten by Fulham in midweek. They remain a little bit inconsistent in the early stages of Russell Martin’s tenure as he tries to rebuild the side, and I think they could come unstuck again here.

Derby County Championship form:
DLDWLW
Swansea City Championship form:
LDDDWL

Prutton predicts: 1-0

Derby County: Ryan Allsop, Nathan Byrne, Craig Forsyth, Graeme Shinnie, Max Bird, Tom Lawrence (captain), Ravel Morrison, Richard Stearman, Curtis Davies, Jack Stratton, Jason Knight.

Substitutes: Kelle Roos, Kamil Jozwiak, Louie Sibley, Lee Buchanan, Louie Watson, Dylan Williams, Festy Ebosele.

Swansea City: Ben Hamer; Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Ryan Manning; Joel Latibeaudiere, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Korey Smith, Jamie Paterson; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Jay Fulton, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Ethan Laird, Liam Walsh, Rhys Williams.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55937/russell-martin-emp

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:17 - Oct 3 with 1185 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:01 - Oct 3 by WalterBoyd

Majority of our team seem one footed.

Bidwells chance yesterday fell to his weaker right foot, a really good opportunity wasted.

Agreed but to be fair the keeper was in the perfect position to block. I have a great affinity for JB but it seems this system is not going to suit him at all. Maybe at Christmas Martin will have identified a Laird for our left side.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:02 - Oct 3 with 1137 viewsFireboy2

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:48 - Oct 2 by LittleEnglandJack

Here's a bit of context for the negative brigade on here...

Reading the Derby forum, they're mostly chuffed to beans with a point against what they thought was ' a very decent footballing side'. Like it or lump it a team in better form than us are quite satisfied to nick a point from us at home.

Can't be that bad can it?

Good post and after seeing us live I agree with the derby fans you mention.

In fact I spoke to several on the train back to crewe and they said exactly the same.

Btw I take it you got back home ok? Was good to meet up 👍
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:19 - Oct 3 with 1114 views34dfgdf54

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:17 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Agreed but to be fair the keeper was in the perfect position to block. I have a great affinity for JB but it seems this system is not going to suit him at all. Maybe at Christmas Martin will have identified a Laird for our left side.

It's more than likely he was hoping to move Bidwell on to allow Max Lowe to sign, you can see why now aswell.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:29 - Oct 3 with 1076 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:19 - Oct 3 by 34dfgdf54

It's more than likely he was hoping to move Bidwell on to allow Max Lowe to sign, you can see why now aswell.

Yes absolutely. I think Bidwell is suffering such slow build up play. For him to excel he needs the ball played ahead of him to run on to. That’s when he gets his best crosses in.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:46 - Oct 3 with 1054 viewsWalterBoyd

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:13 - Oct 3 by jackrabbit

Spot on! Pace and speed of execution are absolutely essential to a football team. As an illustration, I have been watching, what was up to a moment ago a stalemate between Liverpool and Man City. That stalemate was broken in the most exhilarating fashion by a passage of outstanding play by Mohammed Salah and Sadio Mane performed at what looked like 100 mph! Before the usual pedants chip-in, let me say of course we don’t have world class players like Salah and Mane, but the important point is the way they counter attacked from their own half with a sheer explosion of pace before the City defence could marshal itself. I posted yesterday, are we capable of counter-attacking? I think we have the players. We just need the belief.

By the way, this afternoon’s match is turning into an absolute classic. 2-2 at present and all outstanding goals.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 18:15]

I am hoping Ntcham and Obafemi get match fit asap, they are hopefully best chance of counter attacking options.

Bidwell and Laird dont have the same pace as say Dan James / Conor Roberts, so I dont see much counter attacking down the wings.

I am loving our possession, controlling matches, becoming hard team to beat,

I just want to see us build attacks quicker, from front to back without a back pass to be seen occasionally, would be good.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:53 - Oct 3 with 1049 viewsunion_jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:29 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes absolutely. I think Bidwell is suffering such slow build up play. For him to excel he needs the ball played ahead of him to run on to. That’s when he gets his best crosses in.

And this is exactly what Laird needs. He can't generate the pace with the ball himself.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:51 - Oct 3 with 1007 viewsjasper_T

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:46 - Oct 3 by WalterBoyd

I am hoping Ntcham and Obafemi get match fit asap, they are hopefully best chance of counter attacking options.

Bidwell and Laird dont have the same pace as say Dan James / Conor Roberts, so I dont see much counter attacking down the wings.

I am loving our possession, controlling matches, becoming hard team to beat,

I just want to see us build attacks quicker, from front to back without a back pass to be seen occasionally, would be good.

Laird's quicker than Connor. Needs to do more running without the ball though.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:59 - Oct 3 with 981 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:02 - Oct 3 by Fireboy2

Good post and after seeing us live I agree with the derby fans you mention.

In fact I spoke to several on the train back to crewe and they said exactly the same.

Btw I take it you got back home ok? Was good to meet up 👍

“Footballing side”. They mean possession.

In this ever increasing non intelligent football world, if you keep the ball and move it around, it constitutes “good football” to many.

However in reality, good football would be effective football. Football that allows you to win games. What we play is suffocating football. We try and limit the opposition chances by keeping the ball in non attacking areas and hope to create one or two ourselves.

This is exactly what MK Dons were frustrated with and I have seen no evidence of anything else (other than when he diverted from it twice, giving us two wins).

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:25 - Oct 3 with 970 viewsWalterBoyd

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:51 - Oct 3 by jasper_T

Laird is without doubt a skillful player. I like him.

I am not sure who is the fastest, but Laird is not using his pace in matches.

What I find more frustrating in our squad and Laird is guilty of it, is the simple pass and move.

Sounds obvious, basic football. But not happening. Not sure if they are told not to do it, only reason would be defending more important than attacking.

But when Laird makes a pass, he rarely makes a run forward to receive it back in a more advanced attacking position. When there is clear space ahead of him to run into. ( I used to love the Rangel / Dyer overlaps, I appreciate team shape is now different, just took a 2 second trip down memory lane, forgive me)

Yesterday was Lairds worst match in a Swans shirt. Not sure if unfit, injured or unhappy not starting. But he did not improve us when he came on.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 00:32 - Oct 4 with 949 viewsDJack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:37 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

I still have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. It seems you were ranting incoherently on both sites simultaneously last night.

So what question specifically have I not answered, or what post specifically have I ignored?

If you don’t know then that’s fine, but people stop boring everyone with these silly contributions with absolutely nothing behind them.

Ta
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 16:39]

How can I reference specific posts when you decide what you reply to...you seem very confused these days, are you ok?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 00:44 - Oct 4 with 937 viewstheloneranger

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:01 - Oct 3 by WalterBoyd

Majority of our team seem one footed.

Bidwells chance yesterday fell to his weaker right foot, a really good opportunity wasted.

Why are left footed players called one footed??

AND ...

Right footed players ... Right footed??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 01:19 - Oct 4 with 914 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 00:32 - Oct 4 by DJack

How can I reference specific posts when you decide what you reply to...you seem very confused these days, are you ok?

Still no idea what you are talking about.

I asked a direct question to someone who accused me of something, he didn’t provide an answer. I wasn’t accusing him of not replying to every single post on the forum… which is what you seem to be accusing me of?

If someone asks me a direct question regarding an accusation I have made, I’d like to think I have answered every single one.. unless you have evidence to the contrary?

Sorry DJack, you have made many bizarre posts on this forum over the years, this one has to be right up there. Think before you type please and you won’t end up in these holes scrambling around trying to make sense of your own words.

Or less alcohol more water maybe?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 08:12 - Oct 4 with 862 viewsangryjack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:51 - Oct 3 by jasper_T

Connor was more effective though 9 times out 10 He would get in to great positions and get crosses in or even with hi off ball running stretch teams and make space for others
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:26 - Oct 4 with 783 viewsOldjack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:13 - Oct 3 by jackrabbit

Spot on! Pace and speed of execution are absolutely essential to a football team. As an illustration, I have been watching, what was up to a moment ago a stalemate between Liverpool and Man City. That stalemate was broken in the most exhilarating fashion by a passage of outstanding play by Mohammed Salah and Sadio Mane performed at what looked like 100 mph! Before the usual pedants chip-in, let me say of course we don’t have world class players like Salah and Mane, but the important point is the way they counter attacked from their own half with a sheer explosion of pace before the City defence could marshal itself. I posted yesterday, are we capable of counter-attacking? I think we have the players. We just need the belief.

By the way, this afternoon’s match is turning into an absolute classic. 2-2 at present and all outstanding goals.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 18:15]

But there again we are in the championship, where footballing brains are not as active as the prem ,if we could speed things up we'd piss this league

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED THURS on 19:35 - Oct 4 with 741 viewsonehunglow

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED THURS on 13:09 - Oct 1 by KeithHaynes

I think he was five when he saw his first game.

He beats me .I was 7. It was away at Molineux in the Fifties with Billy Wright,Slater,Adele you,Broadbent etc.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:36 - Oct 4 with 740 viewsonehunglow

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 01:19 - Oct 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Still no idea what you are talking about.

I asked a direct question to someone who accused me of something, he didn’t provide an answer. I wasn’t accusing him of not replying to every single post on the forum… which is what you seem to be accusing me of?

If someone asks me a direct question regarding an accusation I have made, I’d like to think I have answered every single one.. unless you have evidence to the contrary?

Sorry DJack, you have made many bizarre posts on this forum over the years, this one has to be right up there. Think before you type please and you won’t end up in these holes scrambling around trying to make sense of your own words.

Or less alcohol more water maybe?

He is another prone to the mental illness route.
Very poor show

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 00:00 - Oct 6 with 651 viewsAndyCole

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:59 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

“Footballing side”. They mean possession.

In this ever increasing non intelligent football world, if you keep the ball and move it around, it constitutes “good football” to many.

However in reality, good football would be effective football. Football that allows you to win games. What we play is suffocating football. We try and limit the opposition chances by keeping the ball in non attacking areas and hope to create one or two ourselves.

This is exactly what MK Dons were frustrated with and I have seen no evidence of anything else (other than when he diverted from it twice, giving us two wins).

Spot on.

Effective and Efficient Football = Winning. It's our business, to Win.

Effective = Doing the Right Things
Efficient = Doing The Right Things Well

This year - we don't do the Right things. We seem unable to focus on doing the Right things to Win a football match. WTF.

Last 2 years we were Highly Effective and Efficient, hence our massive achievements.

This really ain't difficult.

Any organisation that wants to succeed, be up there as the Best In Class, needs to be the best in Effectiveness and Efficiency.

Martine needs some help, he lacks focus. Lacks focus on winning.

(PS - global Advisory firms make billions from the advice above - let's hope Martin (and some of our twper followers) pay heed from this free advice - (though I know how far it will wash over the heads of the many)).

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024