Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 08:58 - Sep 30 with 19061 viewsNotLoyal

DERBY COUNTY V SWANSEA CITY MATCHDAY THREAD

Prutton’s pear shaped predictions
Derby are back into plus points! It is such a credit to Wayne Rooney and his players that they are remaining positive and still picking up results. Swansea were well beaten by Fulham in midweek. They remain a little bit inconsistent in the early stages of Russell Martin’s tenure as he tries to rebuild the side, and I think they could come unstuck again here.

Derby County Championship form:
DLDWLW
Swansea City Championship form:
LDDDWL

Prutton predicts: 1-0

Derby County: Ryan Allsop, Nathan Byrne, Craig Forsyth, Graeme Shinnie, Max Bird, Tom Lawrence (captain), Ravel Morrison, Richard Stearman, Curtis Davies, Jack Stratton, Jason Knight.

Substitutes: Kelle Roos, Kamil Jozwiak, Louie Sibley, Lee Buchanan, Louie Watson, Dylan Williams, Festy Ebosele.

Swansea City: Ben Hamer; Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Ryan Manning; Joel Latibeaudiere, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Korey Smith, Jamie Paterson; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Jay Fulton, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Ethan Laird, Liam Walsh, Rhys Williams.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55937/russell-martin-emp

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:47 - Oct 2 with 1251 viewsAndyCole

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:38 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Their fans say he has completely changed the style and the results are a direct consequence of that.

Only our fans seem to think a manager needs 4 transfer windows to make an impact.

It’s bizarre.

Yep, only our fans who have most clearly never kicked a ball in proper football.

The only ones that (still) fail to see are the same ones who only fail to see the ineptitude of Martin's losing formula.

These folk are only capable of seeing the slick surface - they have no ability to see any deeper. Pathetic and utterly predictable. I can guess which newspapers they read......

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:47 - Oct 2 with 1240 viewsonehunglow

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:39 - Oct 2 by ReslovenSwan1

OHL lives in a perpetual state of angst. He declared his love for Glamorgan cricket which probably explains it to some degree.

Many people before the game sated they would he happy with a point from a tricky away fixture.

If goals are the target you cannot count on Korey Smith to nick a goal. His scoring record is truly abysmal. About 5 league goals in 350 games and 14 seasons. He was clean through in the play off v Barnsley and fell over.

Koey smith is a player for a 0-0 draw. "Bravery in possession" is a Brendan buzz phrase. Bravery in selection is another.

No .OHL lives in a blessed home which is happy and free from clowns like you who insult those with whom they disagree.

OHL lives in a big peninsular free from narrow minded jerks too

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:48 - Oct 2 with 1245 views34dfgdf54

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:47 - Oct 2 by AndyCole

Yep, only our fans who have most clearly never kicked a ball in proper football.

The only ones that (still) fail to see are the same ones who only fail to see the ineptitude of Martin's losing formula.

These folk are only capable of seeing the slick surface - they have no ability to see any deeper. Pathetic and utterly predictable. I can guess which newspapers they read......

Who did you play for?
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:53 - Oct 2 with 1210 viewsCatullus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:38 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Their fans say he has completely changed the style and the results are a direct consequence of that.

Only our fans seem to think a manager needs 4 transfer windows to make an impact.

It’s bizarre.

Yean and we liked him when he first arrived. It was halfway through his second season before we turned on him.

Give Forest fans a chance.

Who said 4 windows btw? I don't remember seeing that.

PS, you always think about instant impact and that's not why Martin was chosen. We aren't after a short term gain, we are after a long term planand you can't follow a long term plan if your knee keeps jerking.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:55 - Oct 2 with 1194 viewsAndyCole

It won't be long now before those that firmly painted themselves into a tight, murky corner (at the 'offset') will be proclaiming again:
- 'We should OF signed Morris (cos of all his chelsea contacts, see)'.

(Jody Morris, see under '93, et al)........

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:59 - Oct 2 with 1175 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:53 - Oct 2 by Catullus

Yean and we liked him when he first arrived. It was halfway through his second season before we turned on him.

Give Forest fans a chance.

Who said 4 windows btw? I don't remember seeing that.

PS, you always think about instant impact and that's not why Martin was chosen. We aren't after a short term gain, we are after a long term planand you can't follow a long term plan if your knee keeps jerking.

Disagree, he was getting ridiculous stuff from game 5. Was that the Leeds away win? If not 5 then 6.

People were Cooper bashing within 6 weeks and it didn’t stop until he left.

Even now he has 7 points out of 9 and their first back to back 3 goal+ away wins since 2016… people are saying they would have done that anyway

Daps said 4 windows.

I’m not after short term gains. I’m after long term gains, but in order for long term plans to come to fruition you need to hit short term goals. Martin isn’t hitting any.

Martin was chosen to improve the club, like all managers we appoint. He isn’t doing it so far and he needs to quickly or he may not get the chance to keep saying “it’ll come”. All managers would love that luxury, Bob Bradley must be kicking himself he didn’t say it more often.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:01 - Oct 2 with 1172 viewslifelong

I thought Grimes was excellent today.

We should have been out of sight at half time and almost gave it away in the second half. Cullen should have secured the 3 points late on.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:01 - Oct 2 with 1172 viewsguthrieintherain

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:18 - Oct 2 by onehunglow

Bad boy Steve is what you are.

It helps though ,I know in view of this car crash of a coach and his treatment of our players.

Give over you never got anything positive to say.

Any poiint away from home is decent.

You moaned non stop about Cooper and Woodman.

Now they have gone it's Martin Cullen and Grimes copping it.

Try giving some encouragement for once you may enjoy it but with non stop criticising and no balance you will never be taken seriously.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Login to get fewer ads

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:03 - Oct 2 with 1165 viewsmax936

It’s bizarre.

Oh shut up ffs you boring stats analytic tit.
Start of the game you was praising the way we started, go away an sun yourself on an Australia beach and give us some peace from you self righteous know it all self.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:04 - Oct 2 with 1160 views34dfgdf54

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:07 - Oct 2 with 1137 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:03 - Oct 2 by max936

Oh shut up ffs you boring stats analytic tit.
Start of the game you was praising the way we started, go away an sun yourself on an Australia beach and give us some peace from you self righteous know it all self.

So if I say we played better at that start of the game… I have to keep saying that until the final whistle?

I think you need a lie down.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:12 - Oct 2 with 1108 viewsTreforys_Jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:55 - Oct 2 by AndyCole

It won't be long now before those that firmly painted themselves into a tight, murky corner (at the 'offset') will be proclaiming again:
- 'We should OF signed Morris (cos of all his chelsea contacts, see)'.

(Jody Morris, see under '93, et al)........

Ah, you're back, after another slightly disappointing result. Where were you when we beat Uddersfield? Anyone who doesn't realise you're are a 100% troll or parody account, should do by now. We win, you dissappear, we lose or disappointed, you're all over it . A fairly new poster as well or a relatively new username anyway. You're not even a good or clever troll 🙄
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:14 - Oct 2 with 1091 viewsCatullus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:48 - Oct 2 by 34dfgdf54

Who did you play for?

Billy Smart 11, based in Cardiff.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:20 - Oct 2 with 1061 viewsAndyCole

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:01 - Oct 2 by lifelong

I thought Grimes was excellent today.

We should have been out of sight at half time and almost gave it away in the second half. Cullen should have secured the 3 points late on.

Grimesy was excellent and is normally excellent (or close to), always.

The twp that are still unable to see that, just don't know football. Simplz, for simple , non-football folk.

The twper that are still unable to see that, continue to cut n paste vocabulary from the better posters - and try and pretend they're clever. Some us see straight through them, the plagiarist happy clappers. The same who often turn to bully mode.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:21 - Oct 2 with 1060 views34dfgdf54

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:20 - Oct 2 by AndyCole

Grimesy was excellent and is normally excellent (or close to), always.

The twp that are still unable to see that, just don't know football. Simplz, for simple , non-football folk.

The twper that are still unable to see that, continue to cut n paste vocabulary from the better posters - and try and pretend they're clever. Some us see straight through them, the plagiarist happy clappers. The same who often turn to bully mode.

Who did you play at a good level for?
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:21 - Oct 2 with 1056 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:04 - Oct 2 by 34dfgdf54

Cooper lost 41 goals from the year prior too, it’s nothing new.

Well 36 technically, 41 when Celina was moved on.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:28 - Oct 2 with 1032 viewsAndyCole

And bang on cue, the bully boy(s) are back out, freshly buoyed from their vacations.

Will be interesting to see how this evening pans out, with no-shows no doubt from the usual clapping trolls........those that always accuse others, and get the clapper to clap, incoherently......intoxed(ly)......

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:42 - Oct 2 with 988 viewsJackDragon

I could be wrong, probably not though (Dr.P will back me up on that).
We are in a similar situation as under Brendan in that we need a Gylfi. Brendan brought him over on loan from Germany and the rest as they say is history. What chance of a Gylfi esque type being available? Whether now or in the next window. STID
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:48 - Oct 2 with 961 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:42 - Oct 2 by JackDragon

We are in a similar situation as under Brendan in that we need a Gylfi. Brendan brought him over on loan from Germany and the rest as they say is history. What chance of a Gylfi esque type being available? Whether now or in the next window. STID

We were 2nd when we signed Gylfi on loan in January.

He improved us but not sure I would say we “needed” him as such. Dobbie was providing the link between midfield and attack, as was Pratley to be fair. Both extremely successfully.

But this team doesn’t have that person, I agree.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:48 - Oct 2 with 962 views34dfgdf54

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:21 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Cooper lost 41 goals from the year prior too, it’s nothing new.

Well 36 technically, 41 when Celina was moved on.

And had Ayew who was on the books to replace them.

We haven’t got that.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:49 - Oct 2 with 960 viewsjasper_T

It's Martin's choice to play one striker, with Smith and Paterson (who is doing his bit but clearly not a natural predator) behind. Whittaker's been sidelined, Joseph was sent away. Obafemi injured to no one's surprise given his record.

Even set pieces today all went short bar one, when Cabango scored 4 (iirc) last season.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:51 - Oct 2 with 958 viewsmax936

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:07 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

So if I say we played better at that start of the game… I have to keep saying that until the final whistle?

I think you need a lie down.

Shut up you self righteous boring t..t. You’re on here virtually every hour of the day spouting your pointless drivel, go and bore another clubs forum, you obviously don’t work or sleep, your a sad individual sitting in his bedsit Googling pointless stats, help is on its way, just reach out
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 19:04]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:53 - Oct 2 with 948 viewsAndyCole

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:42 - Oct 2 by JackDragon

After all the unprecedented levels (at this level) invested so far on Brand Martin ? Under the stewardship of the Jenkinistas ?

You expect us to spend even more, NOW on Brand Martin (The Jenkinstsas are already out on a limb) on a Gylfi ? At what price? Bonkers, entitled, delusional.

Or just another hapless happy clapper....

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:54 - Oct 2 with 946 viewslondonlisa2001

Some of our play is quite reminiscent of that period actually. I’d say even more when we were championship.

But we had Sinclair, who could create the odd goal needed to win the game on his own. We don’t have that equivalent.

We went through a phase of possession for possession’s sake several times under Brendan.

He changed system though the year we went up if you recall. Dobbie was pushed to 10 which made a massive difference and Borini made a difference as well. Plus we’d grabbed enough wins due to Sinclair.

I found Piroe disappointing today. Didn’t control the ball on a couple of occasions in the box. The continued choice of Cullen mystifies me and the creative spark just isn’t there. It’s all very pretty, but that’s about it. If we don’t have truly creative players, we have to have pace. And if we don’t have fast players to give that pace, we need to generate that instead by how quickly we move the ball. Standing on it and playing triangles without purpose isn’t owning anyone up.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:55 - Oct 2 with 936 viewsKeithHaynes

Flair players are hard to find, we have two in Downes and Ntcham, but they need more direction, especially Downes.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024