Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 08:58 - Sep 30 with 18895 viewsNotLoyal

DERBY COUNTY V SWANSEA CITY MATCHDAY THREAD

Prutton’s pear shaped predictions
Derby are back into plus points! It is such a credit to Wayne Rooney and his players that they are remaining positive and still picking up results. Swansea were well beaten by Fulham in midweek. They remain a little bit inconsistent in the early stages of Russell Martin’s tenure as he tries to rebuild the side, and I think they could come unstuck again here.

Derby County Championship form:
DLDWLW
Swansea City Championship form:
LDDDWL

Prutton predicts: 1-0

Derby County: Ryan Allsop, Nathan Byrne, Craig Forsyth, Graeme Shinnie, Max Bird, Tom Lawrence (captain), Ravel Morrison, Richard Stearman, Curtis Davies, Jack Stratton, Jason Knight.

Substitutes: Kelle Roos, Kamil Jozwiak, Louie Sibley, Lee Buchanan, Louie Watson, Dylan Williams, Festy Ebosele.

Swansea City: Ben Hamer; Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Ryan Manning; Joel Latibeaudiere, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Korey Smith, Jamie Paterson; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Jay Fulton, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Ethan Laird, Liam Walsh, Rhys Williams.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55937/russell-martin-emp

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:52 - Oct 2 with 1253 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:47 - Oct 2 by vetchonian

it's called Martinball

Our weak side is down the right. I’d give Lati ten minutes then bring laird on to run at their defence. Smith isn’t working for me so bring Walsh on. Smith isn’t on the right wavelength today. If Grimes or Downes tire replace with Fulton

Edit if Patterson tires bring on Whittaker - a player with a point to prove to both managers
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 15:53]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:52 - Oct 2 with 1252 viewsChief

Really good comfortable half, gutted we couldn't get at a goal.

Derby will surely come out better second half so hope our chance hasn't passed.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:52 - Oct 2 with 1243 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:49 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

No complaints from me so far.

Controlling the game and looking fairly dangerous, something we haven’t really done simultaneously until today.

Need to start scoring though.

Fairly dangerous?
What like a powder puff, they could smother you to death?
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:52 - Oct 2 with 1247 viewsjasper_T

Good half hour but ran out of ideas last ten minutes. Smith wasteful with his passing in good areas, Latibeaudiere showing his limitations. Need to feed Piroe and make their defenders have to defend a bit more. Turning away in the final third too often.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:54 - Oct 2 with 1215 viewsWalterBoyd

The 2 Derby commentators are very complimentary about us. 71% possession and lots of play in their half, they have to be.

Need more runs at their goal, more shots. Sound familiar.

Really should be aiming to win this rather than happy with an away point.

We are the dominant team.

If that's not the kiss of death , dont know what is.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:55 - Oct 2 with 1210 viewsjasper_T

Oli Cooper scored for Newport.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:55 - Oct 2 with 1196 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:52 - Oct 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Fairly dangerous?
What like a powder puff, they could smother you to death?

Well it’s not all guns blazing that’s for sure.

However I feel we can score if we can continue like this. I don’t often feel that way with our play so it’s a positive for me.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:55 - Oct 2 with 1204 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:52 - Oct 2 by jasper_T

Good half hour but ran out of ideas last ten minutes. Smith wasteful with his passing in good areas, Latibeaudiere showing his limitations. Need to feed Piroe and make their defenders have to defend a bit more. Turning away in the final third too often.

Couldn’t agree more. Naughton made a promising incisive run past two Derby players only to pass backwards instead of slide the ball through into the box

Login to get fewer ads

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:57 - Oct 2 with 1180 viewsCatullus

71% possession, 7 shots 2 on target. We have been camped in their half.

Derby, no shots of any kind, we have dominated the ball and territory.

Ok, I'm happy with the above but still, we don't look like scoring. All this possession and territory without a goal threat will get old quite quickly.

We need to be quicker, more pace going forward and be willing to play the risky passes. It's strange really but we play risky passes in our own third but we don't take risks in Derby's third.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:01 - Oct 2 with 1120 viewsDr_Parnassus

Forest 2-0 up away.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:01 - Oct 2 with 1127 viewsCatullus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:52 - Oct 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Our weak side is down the right. I’d give Lati ten minutes then bring laird on to run at their defence. Smith isn’t working for me so bring Walsh on. Smith isn’t on the right wavelength today. If Grimes or Downes tire replace with Fulton

Edit if Patterson tires bring on Whittaker - a player with a point to prove to both managers
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 15:53]

If we are still dominating so much maybe try Whittaker on the right, tell him to run at them and get the crosses in?

If we give Piroe decent chances he will score. We're being too careful.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:01 - Oct 2 with 1127 viewsKeithHaynes

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:57 - Oct 2 by Catullus

Ok, I'm happy with the above but still, we don't look like scoring. All this possession and territory without a goal threat will get old quite quickly.

We need to be quicker, more pace going forward and be willing to play the risky passes. It's strange really but we play risky passes in our own third but we don't take risks in Derby's third.

Thought we had two glorious chances to score, and we should have.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:02 - Oct 2 with 1115 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:57 - Oct 2 by Catullus

We are desperately slow at getting the ball through to Piroe. He can’t score with six defenders camped in front of him

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:05 - Oct 2 with 1080 viewsonehunglow

Why not let Whittaker loose against her old club .. Give Piroecsome help.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:06 - Oct 2 with 1072 viewsCatullus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:01 - Oct 2 by KeithHaynes

Thought we had two glorious chances to score, and we should have.

I missed the first 15 mins, walking my dog.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:06 - Oct 2 with 1072 viewsWalterBoyd

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:22 - Oct 2 by Jack123

Looked a pen to me, quite laughable they said it was a clean tackle.

They showed a replay of tackle at half time. No penalty, he won the ball first.

My initial thought was penalty.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:07 - Oct 2 with 1061 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:02 - Oct 2 by Brynmill_Jack

We are desperately slow at getting the ball through to Piroe. He can’t score with six defenders camped in front of him

They’ve only one sub left. Should tire drastically as we enter the last quarter

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:10 - Oct 2 with 1035 viewsJack123

These derby commentators are getting on my tits, I hope we score just to shut these ferkers up.

libera nos a malo

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:13 - Oct 2 with 990 viewsJack123

KIN HELL they nearly scored there.

libera nos a malo

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:13 - Oct 2 with 981 viewsjasper_T

Already fuming that Smith did the cowardly thing and turned backwards, then he misplaces it so badly. Get him off, waste of a shirt.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:14 - Oct 2 with 977 viewsWalterBoyd

Hamer did great there, 3 saves in 60 seconds.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:14 - Oct 2 with 970 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:13 - Oct 2 by Jack123

KIN HELL they nearly scored there.

Terrible pass by smith I think. Sub him now

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:14 - Oct 2 with 965 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:06 - Oct 2 by WalterBoyd

They showed a replay of tackle at half time. No penalty, he won the ball first.

My initial thought was penalty.

Ever heard of follow through?
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:15 - Oct 2 with 956 viewsonehunglow

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:13 - Oct 2 by jasper_T

Already fuming that Smith did the cowardly thing and turned backwards, then he misplaces it so badly. Get him off, waste of a shirt.

He is appalling .
Mindless.
Hook him Russ

Hammer tremendous

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:15 - Oct 2 with 951 viewsCatullus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:13 - Oct 2 by jasper_T

Totally agree, he had a sideways pass on and he went backwards but to nobody, it was cowardly. Get Walsh on, better still put Whitts on and 2 up front

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024