Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 08:58 - Sep 30 with 18898 viewsNotLoyal

DERBY COUNTY V SWANSEA CITY MATCHDAY THREAD

Prutton’s pear shaped predictions
Derby are back into plus points! It is such a credit to Wayne Rooney and his players that they are remaining positive and still picking up results. Swansea were well beaten by Fulham in midweek. They remain a little bit inconsistent in the early stages of Russell Martin’s tenure as he tries to rebuild the side, and I think they could come unstuck again here.

Derby County Championship form:
DLDWLW
Swansea City Championship form:
LDDDWL

Prutton predicts: 1-0

Derby County: Ryan Allsop, Nathan Byrne, Craig Forsyth, Graeme Shinnie, Max Bird, Tom Lawrence (captain), Ravel Morrison, Richard Stearman, Curtis Davies, Jack Stratton, Jason Knight.

Substitutes: Kelle Roos, Kamil Jozwiak, Louie Sibley, Lee Buchanan, Louie Watson, Dylan Williams, Festy Ebosele.

Swansea City: Ben Hamer; Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Ryan Manning; Joel Latibeaudiere, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Korey Smith, Jamie Paterson; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Jay Fulton, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Ethan Laird, Liam Walsh, Rhys Williams.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55937/russell-martin-emp

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:15 - Oct 2 with 1677 viewsWalterBoyd

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:14 - Oct 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Ever heard of follow through?

After a poor curry ?
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:16 - Oct 2 with 1671 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It is time we stopped poncing about and passed the ball to the players in space.
That was disgraceful by Smith.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:17 - Oct 2 with 1663 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Shocking the way we’ve allowed Derby into this game. They’re attacking play is what we need to learn from. Don’t hang about be more direct in and around the area . We could lose this

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:17 - Oct 2 with 1657 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:17 - Oct 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Shocking the way we’ve allowed Derby into this game. They’re attacking play is what we need to learn from. Don’t hang about be more direct in and around the area . We could lose this

Couldn't agree more.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:18 - Oct 2 with 1642 viewsonehunglow

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:16 - Oct 2 by A_Fans_Dad

It is time we stopped poncing about and passed the ball to the players in space.
That was disgraceful by Smith.

This misplaced arrogance is killing us dead.

Just why

Why

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:19 - Oct 2 with 1623 viewsWalterBoyd

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:01 - Oct 2 by KeithHaynes

Thought we had two glorious chances to score, and we should have.

Unfortunately the best chances fell to Grimes and Bidwell.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:21 - Oct 2 with 1592 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Our players seem to have forgotten that the objective of the game is to put the ball the back of the net and not passing it to each other until you lose it.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 16:23]
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:21 - Oct 2 with 1585 viewsDr_Parnassus

My early positivity is subsiding.

We just seem so one dimensional don’t we. Slipping into the possession habit. We need to be more direct in attack.

I can’t think of a side that has this kind of possession that is so predictable and easy to defend. It really is quite tiresome.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:22 - Oct 2 with 1572 viewsonehunglow

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:21 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

My early positivity is subsiding.

We just seem so one dimensional don’t we. Slipping into the possession habit. We need to be more direct in attack.

I can’t think of a side that has this kind of possession that is so predictable and easy to defend. It really is quite tiresome.

We look like we are trying to lose the game

It’s quite in credible

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:22 - Oct 2 with 1580 viewsjackrabbit

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:14 - Oct 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Terrible pass by smith I think. Sub him now

I’m with the commentator who is getting frustrated with the amount of back passing - “ oh pass forward”he said.

Some neat ineffectual passing, no forward movement and nothing done at pace. Would we be capable of a quick counter-attack? The build up is again like watching walking football. Are we trying to walk it into the net.

We were lucky to get away with Smith’s blooper. We need to remember the object is to score.

Ah, Laird is on - let’s see if we can inject some pace into the attack
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:24 - Oct 2 with 1543 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:22 - Oct 2 by jackrabbit

I’m with the commentator who is getting frustrated with the amount of back passing - “ oh pass forward”he said.

Some neat ineffectual passing, no forward movement and nothing done at pace. Would we be capable of a quick counter-attack? The build up is again like watching walking football. Are we trying to walk it into the net.

We were lucky to get away with Smith’s blooper. We need to remember the object is to score.

Ah, Laird is on - let’s see if we can inject some pace into the attack

We need someone brave enough to actually attack the defence and the goal.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:25 - Oct 2 with 1536 viewsCatullus

Their last sub, he's apparently very quick. They're looking to catch us on the break. If we persist with the safe balls like Smith did we'll get caught, it only needs one time!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:29 - Oct 2 with 1484 viewsDr_Parnassus

Forest 3-0 up away to Birmingham.

Cardiff 1-0 down home to Reading.

That could well get Mick sacked with the international break coming up. I was hoping they would get some kind of result today.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:30 - Oct 2 with 1451 viewsJohnw102

Liam on in front of Morgan again.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:31 - Oct 2 with 1447 viewsCatullus

Cullen for Piroe, I don't believe it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:31 - Oct 2 with 1440 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Now we have the cutting edge of Cullen.
Will be be brave?
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:32 - Oct 2 with 1412 viewsonehunglow

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:31 - Oct 2 by Catullus

Cullen for Piroe, I don't believe it.

And there we have it.
Take off our goal scorer and bring on Cullen.

Friends,he will pass off Piroe very quickly.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:34 - Oct 2 with 1384 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Should have been two up front . Negative move

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:35 - Oct 2 with 1354 viewsWalterBoyd

Great cross from Bidwell to Cullen........
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:36 - Oct 2 with 1346 viewsA_Fans_Dad

They had more dangerous shots on target in 1 minute than have had all game.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:36 - Oct 2 with 1336 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Good start, then dropped off a bit. Haven't seen us dominate a half like that since the Potter days.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:36 - Oct 2 with 1332 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Just as we take our main goal threat off Bidwell puts in a cross he would have buried in his sleep

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:36 - Oct 2 with 1317 viewsonehunglow

Cullen.
That was a tap in.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:38 - Oct 2 with 1297 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Good try by Lati.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:39 - Oct 2 with 1265 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Shinnie now injured so push balls down his channel ffs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024