Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 08:58 - Sep 30 with 19063 viewsNotLoyal

DERBY COUNTY V SWANSEA CITY MATCHDAY THREAD

Prutton’s pear shaped predictions
Derby are back into plus points! It is such a credit to Wayne Rooney and his players that they are remaining positive and still picking up results. Swansea were well beaten by Fulham in midweek. They remain a little bit inconsistent in the early stages of Russell Martin’s tenure as he tries to rebuild the side, and I think they could come unstuck again here.

Derby County Championship form:
DLDWLW
Swansea City Championship form:
LDDDWL

Prutton predicts: 1-0

Derby County: Ryan Allsop, Nathan Byrne, Craig Forsyth, Graeme Shinnie, Max Bird, Tom Lawrence (captain), Ravel Morrison, Richard Stearman, Curtis Davies, Jack Stratton, Jason Knight.

Substitutes: Kelle Roos, Kamil Jozwiak, Louie Sibley, Lee Buchanan, Louie Watson, Dylan Williams, Festy Ebosele.

Swansea City: Ben Hamer; Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Ryan Manning; Joel Latibeaudiere, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Korey Smith, Jamie Paterson; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Jay Fulton, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Ethan Laird, Liam Walsh, Rhys Williams.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55937/russell-martin-emp

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:44 - Oct 2 with 1033 viewsChief

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:22 - Oct 2 by majorraglan

You have to hope there’s someone at the club (someone like Mark Allen) who can see the problem and that there are regular discussions and reviews in relation to team performances etc and a pathway forward.

It’s early days and I’d rather be in the Swans position than Cardiff’s who are seemingly in free fall.

I'd hope so too.

Yes with us and the scum there is a bit of a sense that we are on differing trajectories. Having said that they've lost 5 on the bounce and yet we're still only level with them. That shows the scale of the issue.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:48 - Oct 2 with 1024 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Here's a bit of context for the negative brigade on here...

Reading the Derby forum, they're mostly chuffed to beans with a point against what they thought was ' a very decent footballing side'. Like it or lump it a team in better form than us are quite satisfied to nick a point from us at home.

Can't be that bad can it?
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:31 - Oct 2 with 965 viewsmax936

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:54 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Didn’t think I’d get an answer.

They are only facts in your mixed up head,, you don't consider anyone else's opinion, I haven't replied until now cause I've a life off here, go away you bore.

You can have the last word or essay, crack on you absolute non entity.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:33 - Oct 2 with 959 viewsmax936

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:48 - Oct 2 by LittleEnglandJack

Reading the Derby forum, they're mostly chuffed to beans with a point against what they thought was ' a very decent footballing side'. Like it or lump it a team in better form than us are quite satisfied to nick a point from us at home.

This absolutely. great post .

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:34 - Oct 2 with 953 viewsKeithHaynes

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:48 - Oct 2 by LittleEnglandJack

I’ve had two texts tonight from Derby fans who I’ve known for years. Both have agreed we are the best football side they’ve seen there in a very long time. At one point they thought it could be 5-0. Our problem is only the last bit of of the attack. It will come. Everything else is sublime football.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:47 - Oct 2 with 923 viewsBobblehat

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:34 - Oct 2 by KeithHaynes

I’ve had two texts tonight from Derby fans who I’ve known for years. Both have agreed we are the best football side they’ve seen there in a very long time. At one point they thought it could be 5-0. Our problem is only the last bit of of the attack. It will come. Everything else is sublime football.

100% agree on this, once we click in the final 3rd goals will come.

Even Ben Cabanga is looking a lot more composed on the ball, under Cooper it was like a hot potato at his feet.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:50 - Oct 2 with 911 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:31 - Oct 2 by max936

They are only facts in your mixed up head,, you don't consider anyone else's opinion, I haven't replied until now cause I've a life off here, go away you bore.

You can have the last word or essay, crack on you absolute non entity.

Which ones?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:52 - Oct 2 with 897 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:38 - Oct 2 by Bobblehat

Here’s a fact for you, we’re only 2 wins off 7th place🤨 the thing is you’re to negative to even think of that.

But that’s a quarter of a seasons points worth behind.

Why is that comforting?

Login to get fewer ads

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:55 - Oct 2 with 894 viewsmax936

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:50 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Which ones?

All of them. The Great Whites at Bondi Beach are awaiting your arrival, don't disappoint them.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:02 - Oct 2 with 866 viewsBobblehat

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:52 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

But that’s a quarter of a seasons points worth behind.

Why is that comforting?

It’s comforting because we’re only 6 points off 7th ffs.

Derby are a solid team, WBA failed to beat them at home and Stoke failed to get anything against them, so in my eyes today was a solid point against a well organised team away from home.

I’ve been reading your posts for a long time you never have anything positive to say!
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:09 - Oct 2 with 853 viewsOldjack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:34 - Oct 2 by KeithHaynes

If only we could speed things up , we'd be a very decent team

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:18 - Oct 2 with 834 viewsmax936

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:09 - Oct 2 by Oldjack

If only we could speed things up , we'd be a very decent team

Al, every game we play is a progression, it was never gonna be an overnight success, its a step by step progression, not saying it'll bare fruit at the end, but we got to flow with it.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:24 - Oct 2 with 818 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:02 - Oct 2 by Bobblehat

It’s comforting because we’re only 6 points off 7th ffs.

Derby are a solid team, WBA failed to beat them at home and Stoke failed to get anything against them, so in my eyes today was a solid point against a well organised team away from home.

I’ve been reading your posts for a long time you never have anything positive to say!

How long have you been reading? Not very long I wouldn't have thought then.

My views are in relation to what goes on out on the pitch. For the last 2 months we have been bad, so my views will reflect that.

If you read last season I would probably be viewed as the most positive poster on here. When we were 4th and flying I was praising us and having to defend up against a barrage of criticism, largely from the same fans now calling for positivity.

6 points is all well and good if you regularly pick up wins. We have 2 wins in 11.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:32 - Oct 2 with 808 viewsBobblehat

We went to Derby last season and didn’t register a single shot on target and lost 2-0!

You must of been buzzing with that result!
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:42 - Oct 2 with 789 viewsDJack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:00 - Oct 2 by Treforys_Jack

The only one on vacation was you after we beat Huddersfield. You've been asked a few questions you're ignoring , who did you play for, what was your former username on here if you had one, why didn't you post after the Huddersfield game.

His other user name still is "Wingstandwood".

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:45 - Oct 2 with 787 viewsBobblehat

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:24 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

How long have you been reading? Not very long I wouldn't have thought then.

My views are in relation to what goes on out on the pitch. For the last 2 months we have been bad, so my views will reflect that.

If you read last season I would probably be viewed as the most positive poster on here. When we were 4th and flying I was praising us and having to defend up against a barrage of criticism, largely from the same fans now calling for positivity.

6 points is all well and good if you regularly pick up wins. We have 2 wins in 11.

Sheffield United who I may add have a far superior squad than us are 1 point better off than we are after 11 games!

Martin got a much harder task than Cooper had, it’s much easier to change styles when you go from possession based under Potter to more direct under Cooper.

It’s a much longer process going from direct football back to possession based.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:47 - Oct 2 with 773 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:45 - Oct 2 by Bobblehat

Sheffield United who I may add have a far superior squad than us are 1 point better off than we are after 11 games!

Martin got a much harder task than Cooper had, it’s much easier to change styles when you go from possession based under Potter to more direct under Cooper.

It’s a much longer process going from direct football back to possession based.

Based on what? All our managers that have instilled a passing/possession game have managed to do it and get results simultaneously.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:48 - Oct 2 with 769 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:32 - Oct 2 by Bobblehat

We went to Derby last season and didn’t register a single shot on target and lost 2-0!

You must of been buzzing with that result!

How many points did we have by then? What position were we in?

I don't remember the match off the top of my head, but I would imagine my feelings may have been put to ease slightly by the above two answers.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:56 - Oct 2 with 763 viewsBobblehat

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:47 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Based on what? All our managers that have instilled a passing/possession game have managed to do it and get results simultaneously.

Absolute rubbish! It took Potter until January for it to click why because he had to change from being direct back to a possession based team.

I remember we went to Birmingham under Potter got absolutely battered didn’t register a single shot on goal and came away with a point.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:58 - Oct 2 with 761 viewsDJack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:54 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Didn’t think I’d get an answer.

You yourself choose what posts you answer so why are you expecting different from other posters?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:59 - Oct 2 with 754 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:58 - Oct 2 by DJack

You yourself choose what posts you answer so why are you expecting different from other posters?

Which questions have I missed? I get a lot of fan mail on here.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:01 - Oct 2 with 755 viewsBobblehat

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:48 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

How many points did we have by then? What position were we in?

I don't remember the match off the top of my head, but I would imagine my feelings may have been put to ease slightly by the above two answers.

It doesn’t matter how many points we had! Ffs

The fact is we went there lost 2-0 and didn’t register a single shot on target and only managed 4 shots at goal.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:02 - Oct 2 with 745 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:56 - Oct 2 by Bobblehat

Absolute rubbish! It took Potter until January for it to click why because he had to change from being direct back to a possession based team.

I remember we went to Birmingham under Potter got absolutely battered didn’t register a single shot on goal and came away with a point.

That was the third game of Potters reign.

That draw marked his 7th point out of a possible 9 after beating Preston and Sheff Utd in his opening two games. We drew 2-2 with Leeds the game after, 8 points from 4 games.

17 points he got from his opening 11.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:03 - Oct 2 with 742 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:01 - Oct 2 by Bobblehat

It doesn’t matter how many points we had! Ffs

The fact is we went there lost 2-0 and didn’t register a single shot on target and only managed 4 shots at goal.

Of course it does.

If we are 19th in the league and lose away, its a problem.

If you are 3rd and lose away, you can cop it.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:08 - Oct 2 with 737 viewsDJack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:59 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Which questions have I missed? I get a lot of fan mail on here.

NO, from your own mouth(post) you choose what you reply to.

Nice try though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024