Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 08:58 - Sep 30 with 19064 viewsNotLoyal

DERBY COUNTY V SWANSEA CITY MATCHDAY THREAD

Prutton’s pear shaped predictions
Derby are back into plus points! It is such a credit to Wayne Rooney and his players that they are remaining positive and still picking up results. Swansea were well beaten by Fulham in midweek. They remain a little bit inconsistent in the early stages of Russell Martin’s tenure as he tries to rebuild the side, and I think they could come unstuck again here.

Derby County Championship form:
DLDWLW
Swansea City Championship form:
LDDDWL

Prutton predicts: 1-0

Derby County: Ryan Allsop, Nathan Byrne, Craig Forsyth, Graeme Shinnie, Max Bird, Tom Lawrence (captain), Ravel Morrison, Richard Stearman, Curtis Davies, Jack Stratton, Jason Knight.

Substitutes: Kelle Roos, Kamil Jozwiak, Louie Sibley, Lee Buchanan, Louie Watson, Dylan Williams, Festy Ebosele.

Swansea City: Ben Hamer; Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Ryan Manning; Joel Latibeaudiere, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Korey Smith, Jamie Paterson; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Jay Fulton, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Ethan Laird, Liam Walsh, Rhys Williams.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55937/russell-martin-emp

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:09 - Oct 2 with 1193 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:08 - Oct 2 by DJack

NO, from your own mouth(post) you choose what you reply to.

Nice try though.

Absolutely no idea what you are talking about I am afraid.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:11 - Oct 2 with 1204 viewsBobblehat

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:03 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course it does.

If we are 19th in the league and lose away, its a problem.

If you are 3rd and lose away, you can cop it.

Ffs you are beyond help. We got into some good scoring positions today but the players lacked quality when it mattered.

Brighton had 21 shots at goal with 2 on target that’s worse than us today 🤷🏻‍♂️
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:14 - Oct 2 with 1169 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:11 - Oct 2 by Bobblehat

Ffs you are beyond help. We got into some good scoring positions today but the players lacked quality when it mattered.

Brighton had 21 shots at goal with 2 on target that’s worse than us today 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not looking for help, just telling you as it is.

Not sure what Brighton have to do with anything, I didn't praise them. That's also shocking.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:32 - Oct 2 with 1159 viewsBobblehat

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:14 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Not looking for help, just telling you as it is.

Not sure what Brighton have to do with anything, I didn't praise them. That's also shocking.

Like I said we got in to some good goal scoring positions today we just lacked the quality when it mattered.

We created 15 chances today, I’ll start worrying when we stop creating chances.

We didn’t come away with all 3 points today because the players didn’t finish the chances created it wasn’t for the lack of chances created.

Now if we were coming away from games and only creating 3 or 4 chances during the game you’d have an argument but we’re not even against Millwall and Hull we created 12 and 16 chances, we just need to be more clinical.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:37 - Oct 2 with 1133 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:32 - Oct 2 by Bobblehat

Like I said we got in to some good goal scoring positions today we just lacked the quality when it mattered.

We created 15 chances today, I’ll start worrying when we stop creating chances.

We didn’t come away with all 3 points today because the players didn’t finish the chances created it wasn’t for the lack of chances created.

Now if we were coming away from games and only creating 3 or 4 chances during the game you’d have an argument but we’re not even against Millwall and Hull we created 12 and 16 chances, we just need to be more clinical.

To say we created 15 chances is a bit of a stretch. We had 15 attempts, many of those you would struggle to make a case that they were a chance.

We tested the keeper twice in 90 mins. Same as last week.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:41 - Oct 2 with 1148 viewsBobblehat

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:37 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

To say we created 15 chances is a bit of a stretch. We had 15 attempts, many of those you would struggle to make a case that they were a chance.

We tested the keeper twice in 90 mins. Same as last week.

You have convinced me now you’re a Cardiff City supporter on a wind up. Good night.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:42 - Oct 2 with 1125 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:41 - Oct 2 by Bobblehat

You have convinced me now you’re a Cardiff City supporter on a wind up. Good night.

Ok, night then.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 00:19 - Oct 3 with 1113 viewsJack123

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:41 - Oct 2 by Bobblehat

Worst troll, I have evr seen he he he made me laugh though,

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 00:22 - Oct 3 with 1104 viewsDJack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 23:09 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Absolutely no idea what you are talking about I am afraid.

Really! You coward.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 00:29 - Oct 3 with 1078 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 00:22 - Oct 3 by DJack

Really! You coward.

Feel free to explain.

You just seem to be shouting random things through your fingertips.

Calm down, take a breath and type what I have not replied to, I will try and accommodate.

Ta

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 00:34 - Oct 3 with 1092 viewsjasper_T

People have really dialled up the Us vs Them attitudes this season. Go back a few years and only an outspoken few were being accused of having an anti-manager agenda when they dared utter a criticism, now everyone is being shoved one side of the fence or the other.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 00:41 - Oct 3 with 1070 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 19:54 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Didn’t think I’d get an answer.

I will just quote this again for artistic effect.

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 05:46 - Oct 3 with 1013 viewsTreforys_Jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:42 - Oct 2 by DJack

His other user name still is "Wingstandwood".

Ah rite, recognise the name, just not the posting style. Very strange set up if not a complete wum. Why would anyone have 2 usernames unless previously banned or trolling.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 09:11 - Oct 3 with 954 viewsChubz

Read some diametrically opposite views on yesterday's match ...

I just wonder what those opinions would be if we had been Derby in yesterday's performance and they had been us?

Would the "disappointeds" feel any worse?
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 12:22 - Oct 3 with 863 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:58 - Oct 2 by DJack

You yourself choose what posts you answer so why are you expecting different from other posters?

Do you have anything to say about the football?
Or the players?
Or the Manager's decisions?
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 12:51 - Oct 3 with 848 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55937/russell-martin-emp

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:33 - Oct 3 with 810 viewsDJack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 00:29 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Feel free to explain.

You just seem to be shouting random things through your fingertips.

Calm down, take a breath and type what I have not replied to, I will try and accommodate.

Ta

The famous Dimi re-framing. But moving on...

You used a lack of reply to a post to have a go at a poster.

I pointed out that you also don't reply to posts, by choice.

You then did your usual misdirection, claim that you can't parse a simple we fence etc.

You choose to ignore posts when it suits you...others are able to do the same.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:55 - Oct 3 with 802 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:33 - Oct 3 by DJack

You then did your usual misdirection, claim that you can't parse a simple we fence etc.

Do you have anything to say about the football?
Or the players?
Or the Manager's decisions?
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:37 - Oct 3 with 752 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:33 - Oct 3 by DJack

I still have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. It seems you were ranting incoherently on both sites simultaneously last night.

So what question specifically have I not answered, or what post specifically have I ignored?

If you don’t know then that’s fine, but people stop boring everyone with these silly contributions with absolutely nothing behind them.

Ta
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 16:39]

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:41 - Oct 3 with 760 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:55 - Oct 2 by KeithHaynes

Flair players are hard to find, we have two in Downes and Ntcham, but they need more direction, especially Downes.

They just need to get the heavy load that is grimes off Downes back. Ntcham ahead of him and Walsh just behind a top two of Piroe and Obafemi. Grimes , Smith and Paterson slowed down our play and killed off any prospective attacks.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:05 - Oct 3 with 754 viewsjasper_T

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:41 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

They just need to get the heavy load that is grimes off Downes back. Ntcham ahead of him and Walsh just behind a top two of Piroe and Obafemi. Grimes , Smith and Paterson slowed down our play and killed off any prospective attacks.

Yeah, if only our best two players yesterday had been dropped we'd have been flying.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:13 - Oct 3 with 749 viewsWalterBoyd

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:41 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Grimes and Paterson had good games.

I really dont see Paterson slowing down play either.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:35 - Oct 3 with 735 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:13 - Oct 3 by WalterBoyd

Grimes and Paterson had good games.

I really dont see Paterson slowing down play either.

He’s usually better than yesterday. And maybe I’m harshly criticizing him instead of Smith who wasted a lot of ball yesterday. Grimes- I’m baffled. He’s the most ordinary player to get lavishly over praised since Richie Appleby. One footed and apart from a fantastic effort on goal didn’t do much at all.

If people think he offers so much that he should replace Downes I’d genuinely shocked.

A true measure for Grimes - if he was THAT good why does nobody else want him. Fulham might have been interested at a 500k up front with add ons but if that’s true that’s a pretty damning indictment of him.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:01 - Oct 3 with 721 viewsWalterBoyd

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:35 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

He’s usually better than yesterday. And maybe I’m harshly criticizing him instead of Smith who wasted a lot of ball yesterday. Grimes- I’m baffled. He’s the most ordinary player to get lavishly over praised since Richie Appleby. One footed and apart from a fantastic effort on goal didn’t do much at all.

If people think he offers so much that he should replace Downes I’d genuinely shocked.

A true measure for Grimes - if he was THAT good why does nobody else want him. Fulham might have been interested at a 500k up front with add ons but if that’s true that’s a pretty damning indictment of him.

Majority of our team seem one footed.

Bidwells chance yesterday fell to his weaker right foot, a really good opportunity wasted.
Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 18:13 - Oct 3 with 715 viewsjackrabbit

Derby County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:09 - Oct 2 by Oldjack

If only we could speed things up , we'd be a very decent team

Spot on! Pace and speed of execution are absolutely essential to a football team. As an illustration, I have been watching, what was up to a moment ago a stalemate between Liverpool and Man City. That stalemate was broken in the most exhilarating fashion by a passage of outstanding play by Mohammed Salah and Sadio Mane performed at what looked like 100 mph! Before the usual pedants chip-in, let me say of course we don’t have world class players like Salah and Mane, but the important point is the way they counter attacked from their own half with a sheer explosion of pace before the City defence could marshal itself. I posted yesterday, are we capable of counter-attacking? I think we have the players. We just need the belief.

By the way, this afternoon’s match is turning into an absolute classic. 2-2 at present and all outstanding goals.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 18:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024