Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Terry goes on trial this Monday 02:39 - Jul 8 with 52636 viewsDylanP

Terry's trial to start on Monday. Yet another thing to look forward to, Sadly, apparently the maximum he can get is a small fine. However, the humiliation will be a laugh.

Football fans found guilty of racism can be banned from going to football grounds for a while. Wouldn't it be funny if Terry received a football ground ban!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2170238/John-Terry-trial-Anton

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:01 - Jul 12 with 1340 viewsNorthernr

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:55 - Jul 12 by BrianMcCarthy

And there in lies what's wrong with racists, they believe that there are no victims of racism, just people with 'race chips'.

You're worse than Terry.

+1
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:03 - Jul 12 with 1334 viewsdaveB

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:42 - Jul 12 by Speediesdouble

I take it you're struggling with the whole incident and have got yourself completely hung up on the use of the word "black"

Ferdinands behaviour, swearing, gestures and slanderous remarks (which he conviniently forgot to mention) led to the whole situation.

Are you saying players can insult and make any gestures they want and that's ok as long as they don't mention a colour ?

actually what lead to the situation was a QPR player getting injured and Terry refusing to kick the ball back which almost ended in Chelsea scoring, the next five minutes saw him row with Kenny then Ferdinand.

ban ferdinand for 3 games, only a Chelsea fan would suggest that. The evidence is clear on the video, context does not matter, Terry looks at Ferdinand and says FBC then calls him a knobhead. It couldn't be anymore clear but he'll worm his way out of it

Terrys defence is 3 different stories now that he mis heard Ferdinand, that Ferdinand accused him of racism or someone in the crowd said something. They are all utter rubbish, he got the hump and said something stupid and should have admitted it months and months ago and saved everyone this agro but he is one of those people who believes his own lies.

For his defence to claim he's never lost it on the pitch is incredible, i take it that kick up the arse of the Barca player was him in control then, no footballer who has ever lived can claim they are always calm on the pitch, even Gary Lineker said bum once.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:05 - Jul 12 with 1319 viewsJamie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:01 - Jul 12 by Speediesdouble

Another one with a race chip on his shoulder, firstly nothing is proven as to what Terry meant, but that's an aside. In your book though comments about someones, wife, kids, parents, unproven allegations, any gestures, hell even assaulting players in a Bartonesque fashion are nothing compared with metioning the colour of skin.

I'm no racist and have never felt the need to target someone over the colour of their skin, but if someone came up to me and called me a White C*** ! it would bother me far less than someone saying something about my family, but hey maybe that's just me.

Terry clearly thinks differently. He admitted under oath that he laughs off comments about his family and the affair.

It is rather amazing that you were so shocked that footballers could be swearing at each other on the pitch.

I dread to think what it is that you believe Rooney to be screaming everytime he gets in the refs face.

'I say Howard old bean, I wholeheartedly disagree with your decision but I'll defend to the death your right to make it' perhaps?
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:07 - Jul 12 with 1309 viewsPinnerPaul

I take it you're struggling with the whole incident and have got yourself completely hung up on the use of the word "black"

Ferdinands behaviour, swearing, gestures and slanderous remarks (which he conviniently forgot to mention) led to the whole situation.

Are you saying players can insult and make any gestures they want and that's ok as long as they don't mention a colour ?

In a sense it doesn't matter what Ferdinand said - Terry reacted with a racist remark end of. That is all he is accused of , not being a racist per se as the prosecution has pointed out.

If he had decked AF instead, are you saying he shouldn't have been sent off because he was provoked?

I think you'll find we've discussed provocation on here in relation to our friend JB.

He, like Cisse, was provoked for his two reds but clearly still had to be sent off.

Your opinion that racist remarks are somehow not as "serious" as random, and as we all know, regular swearing between players, is beyond belief.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:07 - Jul 12 with 1309 viewsPhildo

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:53 - Jul 12 by Speediesdouble

..and there in lies what's wrong with today's society, massive race chip on their shoulders but anything else is fair game.

John Terry is a walking talking example of what is wrong with society.

He found the perfect club though.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:08 - Jul 12 with 1296 viewsSpeediesdouble

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:55 - Jul 12 by BrianMcCarthy

And there in lies what's wrong with racists, they believe that there are no victims of racism, just people with 'race chips'.

You're worse than Terry.

what's the view like from up on that high horse ?

There are victims of racism, there are victims of sexism, there are victims of slander, there are victims of general verbal abuse....the point being it is deemed acceptable to abuse anybody about anything...well almost, which is what I find unacceptable, hence my original point that both players should be charged by the FA.

hope you're getting the point but won't hold my breath.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:10 - Jul 12 with 1286 viewsdaveB

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:08 - Jul 12 by Speediesdouble

There are victims of racism, there are victims of sexism, there are victims of slander, there are victims of general verbal abuse....the point being it is deemed acceptable to abuse anybody about anything...well almost, which is what I find unacceptable, hence my original point that both players should be charged by the FA.

so Ferdinand should be charged by the FA for what he said? The FA will be busy then as terry himself has said he gets that abuse aimed at him every week by players. They'll have to charge them all
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:14 - Jul 12 with 1268 viewsBrianMcCarthy

And I won't waste mine. Racism needs apologists as well as racists for it to prosper.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:15 - Jul 12 with 1254 viewsQPR_Jim

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:01 - Jul 12 by Speediesdouble

Another one with a race chip on his shoulder, firstly nothing is proven as to what Terry meant, but that's an aside. In your book though comments about someones, wife, kids, parents, unproven allegations, any gestures, hell even assaulting players in a Bartonesque fashion are nothing compared with metioning the colour of skin.

I'm no racist and have never felt the need to target someone over the colour of their skin, but if someone came up to me and called me a White C*** ! it would bother me far less than someone saying something about my family, but hey maybe that's just me.

So because I think Terry's out of order to racially abuse someone, somehow that means that I condone everything else that goes on in football and somehow agree with Bartons actions?

As terry said in court he hears about the Bridge incident week in week out and it's also worth mentioning that he gives as good as he gets. You can see that from what he said to Anton to start it all off and his incident with Sanchez in the CL semi final is another example.

Anyway I feel you won't be changing your mind so lets leave it there.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:16 - Jul 12 with 1245 viewsderbyhoop

I don't think there is any doubt about what Terry said. Nor about what he meant by it.
What preceded the incident may have been a bit more heated than the normal wind ups players throw at each other during a game, but that is no real excuse.
The difficulty for the court is whether it constitutes a "racially aggravated public order offence".
Personally, I think it does.
Can it be proved? Beyond all reasonable doubt?
Does it actually make Terry a racist? Not necessarily, as it could be just players trading insults in the heat of a game.
If found guilty, the fine, to someone of Terry's means, is trivial. It's the effect it will have in terms of lost commercial opportunities and the personal scandal attached that will hurt him. The FA may choose to impose their own punishment.
If he is found not guilty, the vast majority of football fans, away from Stamford Bridge, will regard it as a technicality and continue to abuse him.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:17 - Jul 12 with 1243 viewsQPR_Jim

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:14 - Jul 12 by BrianMcCarthy

And I won't waste mine. Racism needs apologists as well as racists for it to prosper.

Too true
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:17 - Jul 12 with 1241 viewsBasingstokeR

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:10 - Jul 12 by daveB

so Ferdinand should be charged by the FA for what he said? The FA will be busy then as terry himself has said he gets that abuse aimed at him every week by players. They'll have to charge them all

It'd just be easier to enforce retirement on Terry, he's the root of the problem by being just an all-round scummy fella :D
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:20 - Jul 12 with 1229 viewssimmo

Why are you even on here making excuses for a man that is pretty universally accepted to be a complete w*nker from a scum bag family?

Why dont you go join the other Chelsea bell ends somewhere else and all talk about your 'captain leader legend' like he's not a ladies part

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:24 - Jul 12 with 1212 viewsSpeediesdouble

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:14 - Jul 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks for that Mother Teresa.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:24 - Jul 12 with 1212 viewssmegma

I went past the court today about 12.45 (on my way to have some pie n mash). The scene outside was embarrassing. There must have been 15 coppers, being paid for by the tax payer, a load of gimps in Chelsea shirts, a load of tv crews behind crash barriers and lots of bemused bystanders wondering what all the fuss was about.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:26 - Jul 12 with 1719 viewsSpeediesdouble

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:20 - Jul 12 by simmo

Why are you even on here making excuses for a man that is pretty universally accepted to be a complete w*nker from a scum bag family?

Why dont you go join the other Chelsea bell ends somewhere else and all talk about your 'captain leader legend' like he's not a ladies part

Wow you really are dumb !!
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:32 - Jul 12 with 1696 viewsJamie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:26 - Jul 12 by Speediesdouble

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:32 - Jul 12 with 1695 viewsNorthernr

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:26 - Jul 12 by Speediesdouble

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:35 - Jul 12 with 1676 viewssmegma

What 'led to the whole situation' was the attitude of the whole Chelsea team (bar Lamaprd and Anelka) from the first minute. Every decision given against them they disputed. As early as the 6th minute Mikel,Terry and Cole ran to scream at the ref over a foul committed by Mikel. Shortly after came the penalty, again the ref was surrounded by a bunch of wailing banshees. Then came the first red card, ditto the ref got surrounded. Then the disgusting 2 footed lunge by Drogba on Adel for the second red. Drogba then started crying like a baby as if he was the victim rather than the perpetrator. And so it went on and on. JT then managed to have a row with literally EVERY opposition player at different times of the game. The most ridiculous was when he ended up screaming in the face of Tommy Smith, possibly the most unaggressive footballer ever. So much so , he makes Gary Lineker look like Vinny Jones.

So better start looking at yourselves before blaming Anton for all this.And while your at it , look up the meaning for Prima Donna. I'm sure it'll say Chelsea players somewhere.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:40 - Jul 12 with 1650 viewsSpeediesdouble

I'll leave you girls too it, as it's clear that lateral thinking is way beyond most of you and you're far happier in la la land where the fluffy clouds float and the bunnies hop around, but would suggest you try opening your minds to truly understand what's being said as opposed to fixating on one thing.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:43 - Jul 12 with 1634 viewsJamie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:40 - Jul 12 by Speediesdouble

I'll leave you girls too it, as it's clear that lateral thinking is way beyond most of you and you're far happier in la la land where the fluffy clouds float and the bunnies hop around, but would suggest you try opening your minds to truly understand what's being said as opposed to fixating on one thing.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:45 - Jul 12 with 1624 viewssimmo

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:40 - Jul 12 by Speediesdouble

Just to reiterate.

You're a cock

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:48 - Jul 12 with 1611 viewsdaveB

If/when the FA get invovled they made it clear in the Suarez case that context doesn't matter, Suraez meant it as a joke I think but they banned him and fined him. Terry can use any one of his three stories but it shouldn't matter if the FA are fair and consistent, I know i don't think they will be either. If they do stick to the same punishment though he'll get a 4 game and I think his first game back will be at Loftus Road due to the Chairty shield game.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:52 - Jul 12 with 1595 viewsBasingstokeR

I don't get why the context (like repitition or sarcasm) is coming into play so much anyway? He's admitting he said the words aloud and in front of lots of video camera's isn't he?... whether he's being sarcastic or not or repeating something - what came out his mouth can be deemed offensive? Pretty idiotic to repeat something like that, especially as he said he would have if it was the Nword too?

The offence of "Harassment, alarm or distress" is created by section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986:

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if he:
(a) uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or
(b) displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting, within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby."

This offence has the following statutory defences:
(a) The defendant had no reason to believe that there was any person within hearing or sight who was likely to be alarmed or distressed by his action.
(b) The defendant was in a dwelling and had no reason to believe that his behaviour would be seen or heard by any person outside any dwelling.
(c) The conduct was reasonable.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:19 - Jul 12 with 1541 viewsJuzzie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:32 - Jul 12 by Northernr

I think you'll find it's the pot calling the kettle 'bridge'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024