Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Terry goes on trial this Monday 02:39 - Jul 8 with 52634 viewsDylanP

Terry's trial to start on Monday. Yet another thing to look forward to, Sadly, apparently the maximum he can get is a small fine. However, the humiliation will be a laugh.

Football fans found guilty of racism can be banned from going to football grounds for a while. Wouldn't it be funny if Terry received a football ground ban!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2170238/John-Terry-trial-Anton

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:38 - Jul 12 with 1630 viewsJuzzie

We should play this over the tannoy on September 15th!

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:49 - Jul 12 with 1607 viewsdaveB

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:33 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Prosecution has summed up well from what I've heard.
I'd laugh like a drain if he was found guilty.

they did well to mention his state of mind and the fact he's insulted several other players in the previous five minutes plus refused to kick the ball back to us when a player was injured which is what started the Ferdinand row.

it's 50/50 for me but whatever the outcome it won't change much, Chelsea fans will still back him and we'll still call him a racist if found not guilty
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:54 - Jul 12 with 1587 viewsA40Bosh

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:04 - Jul 12 by collegeranger

Just proves how thick he really is. Man alive - and he is a role model for the young of today - no wonder were are turning into an island full of chavs !

The defence barrister must be wincing every time he takes the stand, he's an exploded bomb and the prosecution if they keep tapping will make him go off!! Boom!

Did you mean he is an "unexploded bomb" there?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:02 - Jul 12 with 1563 viewsdaveB

defence now saying only Terrys knows what was said to him and how he meant his words to come across so he should be let off. They are even admitting now that Ferdinand may not have said black c to him. It's all down to if the judge agrees with the lip reader or not

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:09 - Jul 12 with 1534 views18StoneOfHoop

(Meanwhile over in parallel JTJust&FittingPunishmentLa-LaLand,18Stone conveniently ignores the more realistic fact that the court can at best only award a derisory financial penalty):

Has he been sent down yet?
I'm sure doing a little bit of token porridge will be the making of him,as it was for his fellow Captain,Leader and Legend Tony 'Donkey' Adams.
After all seeing as most of his friends are black I'm sure he's bound to instantly make lots and lots of new good mates:

Treated like Scum,John Terry Carling 27 acts like Captain of The Scum (as played here by a young Ray Winstone):

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:29 - Jul 12 with 1456 viewsdaveB

defence just basically slating Ferdinand and suggesting it was all a big misunderstanding
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:38 - Jul 12 with 1416 viewshoopstilidie

'Terry could have heard 'simultaneous' voice in crowd say what he thought was 'black' as Ferdinand's 'lips moved'

FFS!

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:40 - Jul 12 with 1408 viewsNorthernr

Jesus, and this defence guy will be getting thousands of pounds for this. Thinks he may have mistaken "Bridge" for black as well.
Login to get fewer ads

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:44 - Jul 12 with 1390 viewsQPunkR

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:29 - Jul 11 by Northernr

QC tday asked John Terry how many times he'd been sent off. "Can you say, please? Four times?" JT answered: "Please, please, please, please"

That really has made my week. What an utter, utter tool!!! In addition to being a complete waste of DNA!!!

QPR - "shit but local"

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:47 - Jul 12 with 1376 viewsBlackCrowe

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:40 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Jesus, and this defence guy will be getting thousands of pounds for this. Thinks he may have mistaken "Bridge" for black as well.

Don't know the context of course, but it sounds like the defence is beginning to clutch at straws.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:51 - Jul 12 with 1351 viewsEastR

Was just about to post the same sentiment - this defence barrister is really stretching the bounds of credibility... but I guess that's what they do, what they get paid to do
Haven't changed my mind on the verdict though - it will be guilty as charged

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:51 - Jul 12 with 1350 viewsNorthernr

Adjourned until 2pm tomorrow.

Fun time Friday, as WATRB might say.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:09 - Jul 12 with 1273 viewsdaveB

all a miss understanding guv, someone else's fault, some great straw grasping by slating Ferdinand but really it's obvious he is guilty of making a racial slur.

What gets me is that if the defence is really it was a big misunderstanding why didn't he just bloody say that last October, apologise for using the phrase and move on.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:09 - Jul 12 with 1271 viewsBasingstokeR

My gut all along would be he'd "get away with it"; but today - seeing the defence come up with some ludicrous and some of what to me seems contrary or unlrelated evidence - he might just get slapped down!

If he does "get away with it" - it will be a case of Not Proven, and not Not Guilty.

Magistrates / judges notes are going to have to be good, as DaveB says - people are going to keep their current opinion whatever the decision...
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:12 - Jul 12 with 1253 viewsQPunkR

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:09 - Jul 12 by BasingstokeR

My gut all along would be he'd "get away with it"; but today - seeing the defence come up with some ludicrous and some of what to me seems contrary or unlrelated evidence - he might just get slapped down!

If he does "get away with it" - it will be a case of Not Proven, and not Not Guilty.

Magistrates / judges notes are going to have to be good, as DaveB says - people are going to keep their current opinion whatever the decision...

My fears also.
The problem being that that detestable khunt will walk out of there, head held high and proclaim himself to be whiter than white (so to speak) and asking people to please please please please leave the matter.

QPR - "shit but local"

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:12 - Jul 12 with 1697 viewsQPR1882

that well known London land mark ' TOWER BLACK '

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:14 - Jul 12 with 1687 viewsQPunkR

^^ absolutely brilliant!!! ^^

QPR - "shit but local"

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:21 - Jul 12 with 1654 viewsQPunkR

And what have we here? Ah the old past-time of Black;

QPR - "shit but local"

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:25 - Jul 12 with 1633 viewsAntti_Heinola

I've been given a bit of hope by the defence today. There's a bit of flailing going on - could be a misunderstanding, or Anton could be a big fat liar, or someone from crowd could have shouted something... well, which is it? And then the Ferdinand family snorting with derision when the defence said Ashley Cole was a family friend of the Ferdinands, too. They must have utter contempt for Cole now.
Prosecution was more reasoned - look, he's not racist, but he did say this. What has Anton got to gain?
Magistrate dismissed the stuff about Anton's PR pushing things through altogether. Hmm... who knows?

Bare bones.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:29 - Jul 12 with 1615 viewsQPunkR

Alls I know for sure is that I'm wearing my Rs shirt to work tomorrow to pi$$ off Scum fans!

QPR - "shit but local"

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:32 - Jul 12 with 1600 views18StoneOfHoop

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:29 - Jul 12 by QPunkR

Alls I know for sure is that I'm wearing my Rs shirt to work tomorrow to pi$$ off Scum fans!

The one with 'I 8 TERRY' on the back?

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:38 - Jul 12 with 1577 viewsMarkPerryMason

I thought I'd wait to hear all the evidence before passing any judgement on the trial and having considered it all I would say I think Terry will be aquitted.

His QC has played it very well in closing on the point of Terry's perception. The QC is stating that effectively it's a two stage consideration to the case. Number one, did AF accuse Terry of saying the words in the first place. If he did then Terry is not guilty. Based on the evidence I think he is in trouble on this point, especially without the ref or obi MIkel giving any evidence to suggest it was said. The lip readers will only work as corroborative evidence but certainly undermines Terry's position. With this argument failing the QC has a fall back position....

Terry made a mistake! He 'thought' he said BC and responded accordingly. The reason this is so effective as a defence is that it can't really be rebutted by the crown. It all comes down to Terry's credibility and whether it has been undermined to such an extent as to mean the court can be sure beyond reasonable doubt. the court can't get into Terry's head so how can they be sure? This is where the prosecution's case will fall. Sad but true.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:40 - Jul 12 with 1563 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Don't forget that well known war film 'The Black at Remagen'

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:43 - Jul 12 with 1550 viewsbaz_qpr

All comes down to the word "You"

Terry says he said yeah yeah yeah "A" FBC

Lip reader says it was the word You. If the magistrate accepts the lip readers evidence then he is guilty, If he thinks there is reasonable doubt regarding this evidence then he is acquitted. The rest is all irrelevent
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:55 - Jul 12 with 1511 viewsJamie

Thought from the beginning that the Crown would have to prove beyond any doubt to get a conviction. With the caveat that I wasn't in court and only relying on what journalists have live tweeted, the defence appear to have instilled some doubt into the case, helped in part by the fact that the footballers involved are all very dim.

Would personally lean towards the magistrate deciding on a tawdry misunderstanding and a 'not guilty' verdict.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024