Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Terry goes on trial this Monday 02:39 - Jul 8 with 52642 viewsDylanP

Terry's trial to start on Monday. Yet another thing to look forward to, Sadly, apparently the maximum he can get is a small fine. However, the humiliation will be a laugh.

Football fans found guilty of racism can be banned from going to football grounds for a while. Wouldn't it be funny if Terry received a football ground ban!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2170238/John-Terry-trial-Anton

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:31 - Jul 13 with 1616 viewsMarkPerryMason

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:35 - Jul 13 by BasingstokeR

Exactly Derby - defence have done well if they introduce doubt, as I think their argument of context and only apply to whether the "conduct was reasonable" or not. I don't personally think it was, and Ferdinand's wasn't either through a relatively large amount of swearing - without that being an excuse.

But if the context of the response is to be denying a quote being attributable to you then the conduct must be reasonable. Terry is arguing AF said it first or at least that's what he thought AF said. To make repeating the words an absolute offence would make both the prosecutor and defence lawyer guilty also as they have repeated the words during the proceedings. I know that seems an extreme example but that is precisely why that part of the legislation is there.

Further example:

Policeman: "did you just call me a f***ing pig?"
Civilian: "no I didn't just call you a f***ing pig!"
Policeman then arrests him for S.5 on basis of that response.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:39 - Jul 13 with 1585 viewsMarkPerryMason

Don't get me wrong, I think Terry is guilty in principle, I just don't think you can prove it in law. We will always know what he said and provided the media see it the same way then this will hurt him in the long run. Although as said yesterday if the magistrate sees it the same way as us, legal burden of proof or not he will find a way to convict (this will be the first time I will be pleased about it though).
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:45 - Jul 13 with 1568 viewsHollowayRanger

BBC Sport's Richard Conway at Westminster Magistrates' court: "While the trial is drawing to a close, Terry does have the right to appeal to Crown Court if he is found guilty.

"An FA disciplinary investigation into the alleged racist incident at Loftus Road last October will likely continue, regardless of what verdict is delivered today, after being put on hold for 10 months due to the police and court process."

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:47 - Jul 13 with 1560 viewshoopstilidie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:45 - Jul 13 by HollowayRanger

BBC Sport's Richard Conway at Westminster Magistrates' court: "While the trial is drawing to a close, Terry does have the right to appeal to Crown Court if he is found guilty.

"An FA disciplinary investigation into the alleged racist incident at Loftus Road last October will likely continue, regardless of what verdict is delivered today, after being put on hold for 10 months due to the police and court process."

yeah cos that's exactly why it was put on hold

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:47 - Jul 13 with 1558 viewswombat

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:45 - Jul 13 by HollowayRanger

even if found guilty the Fa wont have the Balls to inflict a heavy ban on him

any fan would be banned for 3 years if they was found guilty of rasict behaviour
he wont even get a one match ban if found guilty trust me

Poll: which is your favouite foot

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:05 - Jul 13 with 1512 viewsSomersetHoops

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 07:45 - Jul 13 by CanadaRanger

I'm hoping it's not free.
2,000 pounds would sound about right.
I'll save him the 500 because the poor lad was provoked by a nasty crowd...

£2000 is less than four hours wages for Terry based on pro-rata payment for every hour in the day. This demonstrates how unequal the law is - for some people it would represent a months pay.

Who's Next?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:23 - Jul 13 with 1462 viewsstansleftfoot

The case has gone pretty much to how one would expect, Ferdinand undergoes some inquisition into his trustworthiness, his evidence, the delay in realising what had happened, which are all irrelevant to the charge.
Terry's has an endless trail of team mates and well known football faces support him. Also not relevant.
No appearances of any Foreign origin Coloured team mates and no Obi One Witness Mikel.
The CPS would have had a pretty clear sight line of how the case would proceed, they must seen the chance for a conviction, nothing has changed.
If the case appears flimsy now, it would have seemed flimsy then. Is this just a public warning to us all or will the Magistrate take the bull by the horns and convict.
There is no doubt that JT has used the term FBC, Does the differing explanations of context allow that in the new world we live in. Remember this is a Society that removed images and poems from childrens books on the same basis....the Context of a 'Gollywxg' in a poem and on a jar of marmalade became unacceptable.
CPS will know that JT will appeal, there is no more evidence unless JOMikel is called in an appeal. The defence have threatened to have Anton removed as a witness 'cos he's not a suitable character - just feels like the CPS are looking to the magistrate to find JT guilty....regardless....6/4 on is my guess...
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:53 - Jul 13 with 1375 viewsEastR

'G' minus ten and counting....

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:57 - Jul 13 with 1337 viewsstansleftfoot

i think it will end up with a punch up in the public gallery, 5 sets of seats reserved for the two families, bruce buck has taken his seat as he has done all week.........
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:59 - Jul 13 with 1325 viewsAntti_Heinola

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 23:33 - Jul 12 by hamptonhillhoop

The character witnesses in the trial are exactly that, just about his character, not the actual evidence. It's just trying to convince the magistrate he's a decent bloke. You have to have faith in the magistrate in a case like this. They're highly intelligent impartial people who will listen to the evidence and assess it properly, unlike a jury who are far too open to manipulation by barristers. In a magistrates court case the character witnesses are pretty pointless.
My problem with this is that if he's found not guilty it gives the FA the perfect excuse to hide behind the verdict and say here's nothing they can do, when the evidential test in a legal court is a completely different burden of proof to theirs, which I imagine is balance of probabilities as opposed to beyond reasonable doubt

If he's found guilty the FA will take him to the cleaners, don't worry.

Bare bones.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:00 - Jul 13 with 1319 viewsAntti_Heinola

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:47 - Jul 13 by wombat

even if found guilty the Fa wont have the Balls to inflict a heavy ban on him

any fan would be banned for 3 years if they was found guilty of rasict behaviour
he wont even get a one match ban if found guilty trust me

He HAS to be banned at least 8 games - Suarez precedent.

Bare bones.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:01 - Jul 13 with 1303 viewstinhead

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:59 - Jul 13 by Antti_Heinola

knowing the FA, if they he's found not guilty they'll probably make him an ambassador for the Kick Racism out campaign

oh and confirm him as Saint John

Puny God!

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:01 - Jul 13 with 1301 viewstinhead

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:59 - Jul 13 by Antti_Heinola

knowing the FA, if they he's found not guilty they'll probably make him an ambassador for the Kick Racism out campaign

oh and confirm him as Saint John

Puny God!

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:04 - Jul 13 with 1244 viewsHollowayRanger

whatever the court decides

WE KNOW THE TRUTH

and we're going remind him come the 15th of sepember

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:10 - Jul 13 with 1150 viewsmichael67

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:04 - Jul 13 by HollowayRanger

whatever the court decides

WE KNOW THE TRUTH

and we're going remind him come the 15th of sepember

What ever ban JT gets, I think he should be made to play 15th September. Just so we can remind him of what he is!

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:18 - Jul 13 with 1815 viewsstansleftfoot

obviously anton is on the plane to malaysia but brother rio and andy impy have joined antons parents in court.......
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:20 - Jul 13 with 1779 viewswombat

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:10 - Jul 13 by michael67

What ever ban JT gets, I think he should be made to play 15th September. Just so we can remind him of what he is!

if andy impy is watching proceedings expect jt to get a sly dig or three on the way out of court

Poll: which is your favouite foot

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:22 - Jul 13 with 1726 viewsrunningman75

According to the Torygraph hecklers outside the court shouting " we are QPR ".
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:23 - Jul 13 with 1697 views18StoneOfHoop

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:20 - Jul 13 by wombat

if andy impy is watching proceedings expect jt to get a sly dig or three on the way out of court

And good old no-neck Andy Impey was at Macca's funeral too,good lad.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:23 - Jul 13 with 1685 viewsBlackCrowe

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:22 - Jul 13 by runningman75

According to the Torygraph hecklers outside the court shouting " we are QPR ".

oh god, I hope that's not true.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:23 - Jul 13 with 1676 viewshoopstilidie

Riddle says Ferdinand had "little or no reason to lie about" central issue in case. has "no significant doubts about his integrity"

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:23 - Jul 13 with 1664 viewsBasingstokeR

"Magistrate: it is impossible to be sure what were the words spoken by Mr Terry at the relevant time"
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:24 - Jul 13 with 1648 viewsHunterhoop

If Impey's there a Terry is found not guilty, wild punches will be thrown!
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:24 - Jul 13 with 1618 viewshoopstilidie

"Even with all the help received, it is impossible to be sure exactly what were the words spoken by John Terry at the relevant time."

We know what comes next

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:24 - Jul 13 with 1618 viewsbaz_qpr

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:24 - Jul 13 by Hunterhoop

If Impey's there a Terry is found not guilty, wild punches will be thrown!

winding up to not Guilty - if scottish court would be a not proven
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024