Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The LFW Brexit Poll 14:47 - Apr 27 with 32179 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The LFW Brexit Poll on 12:56 - Jun 15 with 2564 viewsTheBlob

The LFW Brexit Poll on 12:54 - Jun 15 by Mytch_QPR

Philosophical question for you to ponder over the next few days whilst the 2 parties crank up the rhetoric: do you think this referendum would be happening if we were joined by land to France?

In response to Blob, I would trust Eddie Izzard more than a politician. He may wear lipstick and ladies dresses, but who doesn't from time to time?

(mind you, the Crystal Palace shirt was a step too far)...

I'm sorry but a beret just doesn't go with a twin set and pearls.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The LFW Brexit Poll on 13:02 - Jun 15 with 2547 viewsFDC

The LFW Brexit Poll on 12:56 - Jun 15 by TheBlob

I'm sorry but a beret just doesn't go with a twin set and pearls.

Well that's my outfit ruined
The LFW Brexit Poll on 13:09 - Jun 15 with 2524 viewsFDC

Farage and Geldof facing off in boats in the Thames is the perfect metaphor for why this referendum has been so soul-crushing

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/15/nigel-farage-bob-geldof-rival-eu
[Post edited 15 Jun 2016 13:09]
The LFW Brexit Poll on 13:27 - Jun 15 with 2510 viewsR_from_afar

The LFW Brexit Poll on 15:37 - May 18 by essextaxiboy

The unfair fish quotas imposed on our UK fleet and even if you think that helps conservation at the expense of skippers their crew and families , the ban on discarding undersize fish back into the sea instead having to land and destroy them .

Actually, the UK accounts for 15% of the EU's sea area but we get 30% of the EU fish quotas...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The LFW Brexit Poll on 13:36 - Jun 15 with 2496 viewsjohncharles

The LFW Brexit Poll on 13:27 - Jun 15 by R_from_afar

Actually, the UK accounts for 15% of the EU's sea area but we get 30% of the EU fish quotas...

RFA

I'm afraid facts are not admissible.

Strong and stable my arse.

The LFW Brexit Poll on 13:40 - Jun 15 with 2488 viewsR_from_afar

The LFW Brexit Poll on 13:09 - Jun 15 by FDC

Farage and Geldof facing off in boats in the Thames is the perfect metaphor for why this referendum has been so soul-crushing

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/15/nigel-farage-bob-geldof-rival-eu

I'm so fed up with this referendum, can't we just call it a draw and all go down the pub?

It is exciting, though, and building to a massive crescendo, a three way shoot out, the ins, the outs and the "OMG I have no idea what to vote" crowd...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The LFW Brexit Poll on 13:48 - Jun 15 with 2473 viewsQPRDave

That piece of excrement Geldof needs to take his boat full of rich little kids and sail off, anywhere and hopefully sink
The LFW Brexit Poll on 13:50 - Jun 15 with 2465 viewsMytch_QPR

The LFW Brexit Poll on 13:09 - Jun 15 by FDC

There's a clear lack of imagination here - surely the Remain camp should have looked to Status Quo?

The other problem is that it's been going on for too long - I suppose it's inevitable given the time to organise polling stations and voting lists etc, but 3+ months of mass-debating has left me unable to listen to any politicians.

The bottom line, is that most people over 50 seem to want out, and most people below this age are being a bit more outward looking and voting in. David Cameron could reduce the voting age to 4 and he should get a comfortable win.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2016 13:51]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Login to get fewer ads

The LFW Brexit Poll on 13:57 - Jun 15 with 2445 viewsTheBlob

The LFW Brexit Poll on 13:50 - Jun 15 by Mytch_QPR

There's a clear lack of imagination here - surely the Remain camp should have looked to Status Quo?

The other problem is that it's been going on for too long - I suppose it's inevitable given the time to organise polling stations and voting lists etc, but 3+ months of mass-debating has left me unable to listen to any politicians.

The bottom line, is that most people over 50 seem to want out, and most people below this age are being a bit more outward looking and voting in. David Cameron could reduce the voting age to 4 and he should get a comfortable win.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2016 13:51]

So if you're over 50 you're not forward thinking?
China and India are a bit further forward than Belgium - depending where you're standing of course.

The LFW Brexit Poll on 14:07 - Jun 15 with 2426 viewsMytch_QPR

The LFW Brexit Poll on 13:57 - Jun 15 by TheBlob

So if you're over 50 you're not forward thinking?
China and India are a bit further forward than Belgium - depending where you're standing of course.

That sounded a bit narrow-minded, I admit.
What I meant is that the older generation are generally more insular and entrenched in their views. Bob Geldof is an old git and clearly an exception to my generalisation.
Young people are beautiful, speak several European languages, are invariably bi-sexual, drive a German car and feel very much at home in their expensive loafers on the sidewalks of Paris, Amsterdam and Neasden - and they're IN.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

The LFW Brexit Poll on 15:18 - Jun 15 with 2381 viewsTheBlob

The LFW Brexit Poll on 14:07 - Jun 15 by Mytch_QPR

That sounded a bit narrow-minded, I admit.
What I meant is that the older generation are generally more insular and entrenched in their views. Bob Geldof is an old git and clearly an exception to my generalisation.
Young people are beautiful, speak several European languages, are invariably bi-sexual, drive a German car and feel very much at home in their expensive loafers on the sidewalks of Paris, Amsterdam and Neasden - and they're IN.

Not a very good advert Mytch.You've just made up my mind.

The LFW Brexit Poll on 15:19 - Jun 15 with 2380 viewsstowmarketrange

An awful lot of countries,including us,have had to fight wars to gain their freedom.We can gain ours next Thursday with just a simple cross in the right box.
We have the power to be ruled by 60 million British people rather than 500 million people in the EU zone.We can still trade with those who want to trade with us,and we will also be free to trade with the rest of the world.
There are bound to be ups and downs,but if we continue to make the things that other countries want to buy we will survive.
And if we have a bad couple of years it will because of the decisions that we have made,rather being dragged down by the combined forces of a corrupt organisation that very few of our parents would have voted to join if they had seen what it would become.

Have the confidence to see that our country will continue to prosper,as it has always done in the past.And I also think that other Eurosceptics in other nations will question the need to remain in the EU,which may spell the total collapse of the current system,and lead to a newer,better model in the future.

I'm willing to take the risk,and I hope enough other people will do the same.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2016 15:22]
The LFW Brexit Poll on 15:23 - Jun 15 with 2371 viewsTheBlob

The LFW Brexit Poll on 15:19 - Jun 15 by stowmarketrange

An awful lot of countries,including us,have had to fight wars to gain their freedom.We can gain ours next Thursday with just a simple cross in the right box.
We have the power to be ruled by 60 million British people rather than 500 million people in the EU zone.We can still trade with those who want to trade with us,and we will also be free to trade with the rest of the world.
There are bound to be ups and downs,but if we continue to make the things that other countries want to buy we will survive.
And if we have a bad couple of years it will because of the decisions that we have made,rather being dragged down by the combined forces of a corrupt organisation that very few of our parents would have voted to join if they had seen what it would become.

Have the confidence to see that our country will continue to prosper,as it has always done in the past.And I also think that other Eurosceptics in other nations will question the need to remain in the EU,which may spell the total collapse of the current system,and lead to a newer,better model in the future.

The Euro will do what the Stukas and tanks could not.

The LFW Brexit Poll on 15:43 - Jun 15 with 2344 viewsDeepcutHoop

The LFW Brexit Poll on 13:48 - Jun 15 by QPRDave

That piece of excrement Geldof needs to take his boat full of rich little kids and sail off, anywhere and hopefully sink

Marina Hyde's twitter feed has been hilarious today. She's been on one of the Brexit boats

Also

http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/media/press-releases/brexit-flotilla%E2%80%99s-star

and

[Post edited 15 Jun 2016 15:47]
The LFW Brexit Poll on 16:19 - Jun 15 with 2303 viewsPinnerPaul

The LFW Brexit Poll on 15:19 - Jun 15 by stowmarketrange

Blimey - "survival" - is that the best you're offering?
The LFW Brexit Poll on 16:35 - Jun 15 with 2284 views1BobbyHazell

The LFW Brexit Poll on 12:53 - Jun 15 by FDC

The thing is, from the point of view of Remain -- it's essentially asking people to vote for the status quo. There's very little to get people excited about, so it's almost necessarily negative.

That's not to say the campaign's not been one cluster-fvck after another.

A Remain vote is in no way vote for the status quo, it is a vote for the ever increasing reach and extension of centralised power over national/regional sovereignty.

Since when did the very power structures (that I know you oppose) and the consciousness of the people that run them ever find themselves satisfied with the status quo? The wealth/power grab by the few has been on serious acceleration recently and the plan is only for that to quicken. The holding together of the EU is an absolute cornerstone of that process.

Let's make our own decisions and leave our children the power to do so also.
The LFW Brexit Poll on 17:07 - Jun 15 with 2251 viewsstowmarketrange

The LFW Brexit Poll on 16:19 - Jun 15 by PinnerPaul

Blimey - "survival" - is that the best you're offering?

Not at all,but I didn't mean that we'd scrape along at the bottom of the pile,but who REALLY knows what is going to happen if we stay of go.Im not prepared to bilieve the scare stories put out by the remain campaign.
The LFW Brexit Poll on 17:26 - Jun 15 with 2232 viewsjohncharles

The LFW Brexit Poll on 17:07 - Jun 15 by stowmarketrange

Not at all,but I didn't mean that we'd scrape along at the bottom of the pile,but who REALLY knows what is going to happen if we stay of go.Im not prepared to bilieve the scare stories put out by the remain campaign.

Let's get back to the good old days before we joined the EU and we only worked three days a week.

Strong and stable my arse.

The LFW Brexit Poll on 17:48 - Jun 15 with 2206 viewsQPRDave

The LFW Brexit Poll on 15:43 - Jun 15 by DeepcutHoop

Marina Hyde's twitter feed has been hilarious today. She's been on one of the Brexit boats

Also

http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/media/press-releases/brexit-flotilla%E2%80%99s-star

and

[Post edited 15 Jun 2016 15:47]

You just get worst deep.....Good try though

But I'm afraid anyone who listens to or holds store by what the green party says is too deluded for me to argue with.
The LFW Brexit Poll on 18:24 - Jun 15 with 2165 viewsDeepcutHoop

The LFW Brexit Poll on 17:48 - Jun 15 by QPRDave

But I'm afraid anyone who listens to or holds store by what the green party says is too deluded for me to argue with.

Dave, you ridiculous hate-filled old reprobate.

Just pointing out that good old Nige has no interest in our fishermen, he had the chance to actually do something to help them, but didn't even bother turning up.

You called Bob Geldof a 'piece of excrement' and hoped his boat sunk.
The LFW Brexit Poll on 18:26 - Jun 15 with 2168 viewsR_from_afar

The LFW Brexit Poll on 16:35 - Jun 15 by 1BobbyHazell

A Remain vote is in no way vote for the status quo, it is a vote for the ever increasing reach and extension of centralised power over national/regional sovereignty.

Since when did the very power structures (that I know you oppose) and the consciousness of the people that run them ever find themselves satisfied with the status quo? The wealth/power grab by the few has been on serious acceleration recently and the plan is only for that to quicken. The holding together of the EU is an absolute cornerstone of that process.

Let's make our own decisions and leave our children the power to do so also.

But we still have a UK government, we are not in the Euro, and Cameron negotiated some real concessions. If we Remain and still have a Tory government, in fact, whatever the government, we are still going to push for and get concessions.

RFA

The LFW Brexit Poll on 18:30 - Jun 15 with 2153 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The LFW Brexit Poll on 18:24 - Jun 15 by DeepcutHoop

Just pointing out that good old Nige has no interest in our fishermen, he had the chance to actually do something to help them, but didn't even bother turning up.

He also said a Labour MP should be sent to an abattoir the other day. He is just a parody of the Daily Mail comment section.
The LFW Brexit Poll on 18:30 - Jun 15 with 2157 viewsR_from_afar

The LFW Brexit Poll on 17:48 - Jun 15 by QPRDave

Would you rather throw your lot in with the climate change deniers and those who would let Cuadrilla and Ineos frack under your house without your permission? Have you heard Caroline Lucas speak? She makes most politicians look brain dead, whether she is debating "green" issues or issues completely unrelated to our environment.

RFA

The LFW Brexit Poll on 18:32 - Jun 15 with 2152 viewsTheBlob

The LFW Brexit Poll on 18:30 - Jun 15 by R_from_afar

Would you rather throw your lot in with the climate change deniers and those who would let Cuadrilla and Ineos frack under your house without your permission? Have you heard Caroline Lucas speak? She makes most politicians look brain dead, whether she is debating "green" issues or issues completely unrelated to our environment.

RFA

It was going so well until you mentioned Climate Change.

Again

The LFW Brexit Poll on 18:35 - Jun 15 with 2150 viewsQPRDave

The LFW Brexit Poll on 18:24 - Jun 15 by DeepcutHoop

Look deep, you always take the opposite view from me you ridiculous sad little head case.
Now I can if you'd like introduce you to many many fishermen and you can tell them how you support that tramp flicking his v's up at them, if you like....course you won't
Now If you can introduce me to the tramp I will happily tell him I hope his boat sinks....
Oh and
What is the point of turning up to meetings with a union of people who have already decimated the industry in this country?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024