Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The LFW Brexit Poll 14:47 - Apr 27 with 32178 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The LFW Brexit Poll on 19:17 - May 6 with 3345 viewsBrightonhoop

The LFW Brexit Poll on 19:09 - May 6 by essextaxiboy

Edit

I dont think I can be bothered with this Referendum sh*t anymore . In or Out I will make sure my family is ok .

Everybody else can do the same .

No more posts from me on it til after its done ......

[Post edited 6 May 2016 19:22]

With what the majority there want, to remain part of the UK, but outside EU they are fcked. The Spanish were having a go at the US nuclear sub, they wont hesitate with UK out of EU.
Perhaps we can offer the Spanish Essex instead.
The LFW Brexit Poll on 19:28 - May 6 with 3332 viewsessextaxiboy

The LFW Brexit Poll on 19:17 - May 6 by Brightonhoop

With what the majority there want, to remain part of the UK, but outside EU they are fcked. The Spanish were having a go at the US nuclear sub, they wont hesitate with UK out of EU.
Perhaps we can offer the Spanish Essex instead.

You obviously redit before the edit ...Soz

Just for info Essex used to have the most "self made" millionaires in the UK , dont know if thats still true but we have no problems getting up and getting out to work around here .

Back for humble pie or champers on the 24th
The LFW Brexit Poll on 19:57 - May 6 with 3306 viewsBrightonhoop

The LFW Brexit Poll on 19:28 - May 6 by essextaxiboy

Just for info Essex used to have the most "self made" millionaires in the UK , dont know if thats still true but we have no problems getting up and getting out to work around here .

Ha! Dont mind humble pie by i object to U alcohol taxes, 6 euros/£5 gets 3 perfectly half decent Riojas and Champagne's not much more expensive than tap water.
The LFW Brexit Poll on 20:26 - May 6 with 3298 viewsderbyhoop

The LFW Brexit Poll on 22:49 - May 4 by essextaxiboy

Look at the accuracy in past reporting of the "experts " you quote . Its pathetic . They either have a vested personal interest in remaining or they wanted to join the Euro and still do .
You keep inviting us to argue other points but we dont need to . They have been won already .
Your experts are are in league with the Government and Civil Service . The remain campaign are becoming desperate , they have thrown everything at this that the Government machine can muster , from the President to fckin Arsene Wenger ...and the polls are moving away from them .

You might have a point if was just government funded economists but it isn't. It's virtually unanimous. And in the case of the 100 leading independent
economists surveyed by the Ft in January, it was every single one.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The LFW Brexit Poll on 20:45 - May 6 with 3273 viewsJuzzie

I was at a company presentation today where it focussed on how the company has done the last year, how it compares to previous years and what the expectations for the future are.
As well as that, figures and data were presented for the music industry as a whole rather than just our company.

One bit of info interested me: The UK is 1% of the global population but 14% of all global music sales are UK acts and 19% of all streaming (the fastest growing market) are UK acts too. Thats an astonishing amount from one country, especially our size.

There was other data presented that shows just how big the UK is in the global theatre in general (not just music) for such a small country.

Do we need to be in the EU to maintain all of this? I don't think so.

[Post edited 6 May 2016 20:51]
The LFW Brexit Poll on 20:52 - May 6 with 3284 viewsBasingstokeR

The LFW Brexit Poll on 20:45 - May 6 by Juzzie

I was at a company presentation today where it focussed on how the company has done the last year, how it compares to previous years and what the expectations for the future are.
As well as that, figures and data were presented for the music industry as a whole rather than just our company.

One bit of info interested me: The UK is 1% of the global population but 14% of all global music sales are UK acts and 19% of all streaming (the fastest growing market) are UK acts too. Thats an astonishing amount from one country, especially our size.

There was other data presented that shows just how big the UK is in the global theatre in general (not just music) for such a small country.

Do we need to be in the EU to maintain all of this? I don't think so.

[Post edited 6 May 2016 20:51]

Do we need to be outside the EU to maintain all of that either though? Or have I missed your point?
The LFW Brexit Poll on 23:21 - May 6 with 3252 viewsLee_Gib

"They will strangle Gibraltar, make no mistake, It's a major money laundering state and drug route into the EU and consistently fails to clean up its act. "

Sorry to interrupt on this topic.

May I ask Brightonhoop, do you live in Spain? The only reason I can think that you would post something so utterly incorrect as the above is by watching/reading only Spanish media.
The LFW Brexit Poll on 23:29 - May 6 with 3248 viewsCiderwithRsie

The LFW Brexit Poll on 19:28 - May 6 by essextaxiboy

Fair play to you Essex, there's nothing wrong about caring for a cause and arguing for it. I happen to think you're wrong but if we can't disagree on politics while sharing a love for QPR it'll be a sad day. After all, Alan Johnson (leaving Labour for Remain) and Michael Gove (for Leave) are both Rs.
Login to get fewer ads

The LFW Brexit Poll on 09:56 - May 7 with 3176 viewsJuzzie

The LFW Brexit Poll on 20:52 - May 6 by BasingstokeR

Do we need to be outside the EU to maintain all of that either though? Or have I missed your point?

I think what i'm trying to say is i believe the UK is strong enough to proser outside of the EU.
The LFW Brexit Poll on 23:48 - May 7 with 3106 viewskarlski

I was finding it hard to get my head around the 'facts' involved in this debate - and let's face it, so much out there is biased one way or another, and there are a huge number of unknowns (which is why I think the 'out' vote is rather unlikely).

But I did come across this website which I have found very helpful as a starting point:
https://fullfact.org/europe/

Presents itself as genuinely impartial and I can't find anything either in its content or set-up to indicate otherwise.
The LFW Brexit Poll on 07:49 - May 8 with 3063 viewsisawqpratwcity

The LFW Brexit Poll on 19:57 - May 6 by Brightonhoop

Ha! Dont mind humble pie by i object to U alcohol taxes, 6 euros/£5 gets 3 perfectly half decent Riojas and Champagne's not much more expensive than tap water.

Three Riojas for five quid (ten Oz bucks)? I could weep with envy!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

The LFW Brexit Poll on 23:12 - May 13 with 2954 viewsIngham

Perhaps Europhiles are no more enamoured of the creepy crawlies scuttling about beneath the other European states than they are of the vermin that slither about under ours.

If so, and the battle lines lie between the British and European populations on one side, and the usual vested interests that threaten them on the other, and which are lodged as deep underneath Westminster as they are beneath Brussels, it might be worthwhile reminding us that whether WE find Brexit or Remain convenient or unattractive, neither will present our enemies with any obstacle any more than they'll present us with an easy solution. Only a means of kidding ourselves we've found one when we've just found the usual suspects again.

If so, in and out might be equally unsatisfactory. So we might be better off suspending judgement until they are UNDOUBTEDLY acting in our interest, and for our benefit.

Which, given the doubts and disinformation abounding in all directions, is hardly the case today.

Looking at it from another perspective, I'm curious to know whether there is yet any equally snappy term to match Brexit for a Scots departure from the UK, following on the heels of a Brexit or not, and whether anyone thinks Brexit or Remain, or anything else, for that matter, makes Scoxit or ScUKoff more or less likely?
The LFW Brexit Poll on 23:32 - May 13 with 2929 viewsIngham

I see, Juzzie. But won't Basingstoke say it may be strong enough to prosper inside the EU, too? That is not uninteresting in a debate the partisan nature of which automatically makes win/win - or lose/lose - unacceptable because we must choose, and the more areas where there is little to choose, the less meaningful - and urgent - the need to choose at all. Especially if in or out will ultimately make little difference.

Any area of the economy which is strong enough (or too weak), may be unaffected, and we might ask ourselves whether most of what the UK and the European states do will be untouched either way.

I don't know. But fervent advocates of one solution or another may not know either. And as many have pointed out, we can't know what new variables the future will bring, and which view they will favour.
[Post edited 13 May 2016 23:39]
The LFW Brexit Poll on 00:07 - May 14 with 2911 viewsBrightonhoop

The LFW Brexit Poll on 07:49 - May 8 by isawqpratwcity

Three Riojas for five quid (ten Oz bucks)? I could weep with envy!

Well, it's down to taxes and low wages. Politicians cannot afford to deny the working man a drink if they want a vote......

Very disturbing development in the TTIP nuclear revelations that the US are demanding the end of the NHS with us in the EU. Fact. After all Obamas cr4p on health care what they want is the potential profits from it. So when he said back of the queue for the UK I guess that was not such a bad thing after all.

If the world wants to buy British and they do, pass the cost on to the customer. Shocking also to see UK Manufacturing going into recession for the time in 8 years this week. I was in but am firmly out. Kropotkin explains why. Brussels are a bunch of snakes that cannot manage their own back yard. And will sell the UK NHS to the highest bidder.
The LFW Brexit Poll on 00:19 - May 14 with 2905 viewsBrightonhoop

The LFW Brexit Poll on 23:12 - May 13 by Ingham

Perhaps Europhiles are no more enamoured of the creepy crawlies scuttling about beneath the other European states than they are of the vermin that slither about under ours.

If so, and the battle lines lie between the British and European populations on one side, and the usual vested interests that threaten them on the other, and which are lodged as deep underneath Westminster as they are beneath Brussels, it might be worthwhile reminding us that whether WE find Brexit or Remain convenient or unattractive, neither will present our enemies with any obstacle any more than they'll present us with an easy solution. Only a means of kidding ourselves we've found one when we've just found the usual suspects again.

If so, in and out might be equally unsatisfactory. So we might be better off suspending judgement until they are UNDOUBTEDLY acting in our interest, and for our benefit.

Which, given the doubts and disinformation abounding in all directions, is hardly the case today.

Looking at it from another perspective, I'm curious to know whether there is yet any equally snappy term to match Brexit for a Scots departure from the UK, following on the heels of a Brexit or not, and whether anyone thinks Brexit or Remain, or anything else, for that matter, makes Scoxit or ScUKoff more or less likely?

Welcome back Ingham.

ScuckOFF is a very interesting idea. Perhaps we could de-select Scotland from the 'Union' ahead of Brexit.
The LFW Brexit Poll on 01:55 - May 14 with 2897 viewsIngham

Hello Brighton - you may be right, mate, and we'll see an unseemly rush from the Scots and the rest of the UK respectively to save face by rejecting the others first, and therefore a single or maybe Double Rejexit?
The LFW Brexit Poll on 14:49 - May 14 with 2819 viewsBrightonhoop

Either that or they'll ban elections altogether.....
The LFW Brexit Poll on 13:46 - May 17 with 2705 viewsDiscodroids

Bump..Seems European Union Overly Bureaucratic, to have two threads for the same topic.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

The LFW Brexit Poll on 16:15 - May 17 with 2651 viewsDorse

The LFW Brexit Poll on 13:46 - May 17 by Discodroids

Bump..Seems European Union Overly Bureaucratic, to have two threads for the same topic.

The other one is subsidised. Or has subsidence. One of the two.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The LFW Brexit Poll on 10:57 - May 18 with 2574 viewsDiscodroids

The LFW Brexit Poll on 16:15 - May 17 by Dorse

The other one is subsidised. Or has subsidence. One of the two.

you are of course correct Dorse..."But like any EU enterprise there is always a slight
duplication of efforts. Most of it being a complete waste of time, but needs to be done nevertheless."

[Post edited 18 May 2016 10:57]

The LFW Brexit Poll on 11:04 - May 18 with 2558 viewsjohncharles

Bad booze, brisket, biscuit and Brexit.

Strong and stable my arse.

The LFW Brexit Poll on 11:25 - May 18 with 2546 viewsCFW

Very interesting read this with some very good points made for both staying in or getting out.

I will make it very clear from the outset I am OUT. The main reason for my decision is very simple - I am fed up with our country being run by other un-elected people based in another country. In about five years time we will not have anyone still alive who fought in the second world war. These good men and women along with the heroic people who gave their lives so this country would be free would be turning in their graves to see what our country has turned into during the past 10 years.

I am sure I am not the only one of you who have or had parents who fought in the last war and simply out of respect for them this is the reason for my decision.

I am not interested in politicians telling me we will be worse off, interest rates will rise along with inflation - they have no grounds or facts to back up this claim. I deeply resent the President of the USA telling us we will be at the back of the line for any future trade deals - funny that because when it comes to covering their arses in conflicts around the world we are then number one!!

We are a small island and with the proposed EU getting bigger and bigger by inviting other countries membership we are simply asking for trouble. I have no problems with immigration, my daughter-in-law is one but lets control who we let into our country to make it a safer and better place for everyone.

Finally - I do think there is a clear split with the in or out depending upon age - myself being an older person who can remember voting for the then Common Market can see what the current EU has turned into whilst the younger ones only know one way of living. The re-negotiation that Cameron came back with was NOTHING. If we vote out then I can see the whole EU thing collapsing.

Lets get back to caring about our people rather than worrying what the rest of the world think about us.
The LFW Brexit Poll on 11:33 - May 18 with 2534 viewsDiscodroids

The LFW Brexit Poll on 11:25 - May 18 by CFW

Very interesting read this with some very good points made for both staying in or getting out.

I will make it very clear from the outset I am OUT. The main reason for my decision is very simple - I am fed up with our country being run by other un-elected people based in another country. In about five years time we will not have anyone still alive who fought in the second world war. These good men and women along with the heroic people who gave their lives so this country would be free would be turning in their graves to see what our country has turned into during the past 10 years.

I am sure I am not the only one of you who have or had parents who fought in the last war and simply out of respect for them this is the reason for my decision.

I am not interested in politicians telling me we will be worse off, interest rates will rise along with inflation - they have no grounds or facts to back up this claim. I deeply resent the President of the USA telling us we will be at the back of the line for any future trade deals - funny that because when it comes to covering their arses in conflicts around the world we are then number one!!

We are a small island and with the proposed EU getting bigger and bigger by inviting other countries membership we are simply asking for trouble. I have no problems with immigration, my daughter-in-law is one but lets control who we let into our country to make it a safer and better place for everyone.

Finally - I do think there is a clear split with the in or out depending upon age - myself being an older person who can remember voting for the then Common Market can see what the current EU has turned into whilst the younger ones only know one way of living. The re-negotiation that Cameron came back with was NOTHING. If we vote out then I can see the whole EU thing collapsing.

Lets get back to caring about our people rather than worrying what the rest of the world think about us.

The LFW Brexit Poll on 12:04 - May 18 with 2503 viewsTHEBUSH

The LFW Brexit Poll shows a slight favouring to the OUTERS.

What with margins for error and the Scots probably voting to stay IN, it looks like a slight advantage to the staying 'IN'ers '
The LFW Brexit Poll on 14:51 - May 18 with 2445 viewsRs_Holy

The LFW Brexit Poll on 12:04 - May 18 by THEBUSH

The LFW Brexit Poll shows a slight favouring to the OUTERS.

What with margins for error and the Scots probably voting to stay IN, it looks like a slight advantage to the staying 'IN'ers '

Oh how the Scots will love it if we stay in because of there vote...
The more I see about the EU the more I dis-like... I'm OUT having been a floater at the start of the process.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024